The official Heisenbeans Youtube Competition

aaroncollins275

Organic Grow Man
So here is my 4 ladys coming along pretty good the two still ahead of the other two but they are growing .. should get a boost before to long Definitely after I brew a tea of recharge and stuff should help ... We shall see they sure look good

Attachments

Dshep0613

Really Active Member
So here is my 4 ladys coming along pretty good the two still ahead of the other two but they are growing .. should get a boost before to long Definitely after I brew a tea of recharge and stuff should help ... We shall see they sure look good
Very nice. Do you know when you first got em wet? Mine are close to that, couple days behind maybe. I planted on March 31st I believe. About ready to start feeding, but trying to be patient and do what I normally do with seeds, just some super mild organic nutes and teas.

Alpha Omega

Very nice. Do you know when you first got em wet? Mine are close to that, couple days behind maybe. I planted on March 31st I believe. About ready to start feeding, but trying to be patient and do what I normally do with seeds, just some super mild organic nutes and teas.
Yes that was my mistake. Trying to rush and trying new things. I'll try new things with bag seed only from now on.

Dshep0613

Really Active Member
Yes that was my mistake. Trying to rush and trying new things. I'll try new things with bag seed only from now on.
It's so hard not to give em more light and food when you see plants that are starting to blow up in other growers pics!! I mostly work with clones anyway, my germination technique is not as fine tuned, but I think they are about ready to explode. Just gotta be patient for a few more days!

aaroncollins275

Organic Grow Man
If you are referring wet to when I watered them well this is a notill sip bed which has a tray at the bottom of the 30 gal grassroots fabric pot so its always pulling water to the soil from the tray but when I water the top with tea I just use a pump spray and water the whole top of the soil.. Hopefully this answer your question... Happy Growing

aaroncollins275

Organic Grow Man
Also this bed is full of life fully organic with Roots organic uprising dry amendments which is all I use as for all my other grows im gonna post some pictures of some of my other stuff

Dshep0613

Really Active Member
Also this bed is full of life fully organic with Roots organic uprising dry amendments which is all I use as for all my other grows im gonna post some pictures of some of my other stuff
Was hoping I'd see some no-till growers in the comp. Seen some dwc, organic soil, top feed to waste, recirculating systems, everything but a flood and drain system so far. Plus all the different variety of lights and nutes too. So cool to see all these different ways of growing, but all using the same genetics and all grown about the same time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That’s because the carbon filters handle just about everything. The RO membrane really is only used for separation of extremely small bacteria and chemical compounds that aren’t caught by the pre-filters. The only thing that would really cause you to need to use one would be where you want the PPM down to next to nothing. I still use mine for my seedlings but I honestly wouldn’t buy one just for that since they do fine with tap water, too, unless your tap water is really bad.
I just grasped what you are saying about the filters for 'primo' water being 'wasted' by keeping the runoff. RO Buddy has the complete 4-stage setup rated at 50GPD for about $50-60. I put a date on mine when I installed it and though it has lost most of the color in the color-change filter the water is still in the right ppm range both for the pure and the run-off being low.

I have a second one that has been sitting in reserve. The date on the filter is 7/19...

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I just grasped what you are saying about the filters for 'primo' water being 'wasted' by keeping the runoff. RO Buddy has the complete 4-stage setup rated at 50GPD for about $50-60. I put a date on mine when I installed it and though it has lost most of the color in the color-change filter the water is still in the right ppm range both for the pure and the run-off being low.

I have a second one that has been sitting in reserve. The date on the filter is 7/19...
The color changing filter you are talking about is probably the deionization resin. I used to use that when I needed it for my salt water reef tanks but you really shouldn't even need that stage for plants. If you have a 4 stage setup then you probably have 2 carbon filters, then the RO membrane, and finally the DI resin. I have a 6 stage here, from when I was into reef keeping, but I removed the DI stage when I put it back in use for growing because there really is no need for it for that.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
My tap water is at 285 to 300 ppm and 8.2 ph at the tap, if I put it in a fish tank without dechlorinating the fish ar flaoting intantly, I started using R/0 water along time ago when I was doing more Hydro. The tap water would get slimy and the plants looked terrible. Switching to R/o made a huge difference. It filters it down to 15 ppm and 6.5 ph. I got tired of wating on jugs to fill up and moving heavy totes around and found the hand watering to be th least amount of work for me.
Also able to have more different plants in different stages with some good ol dirt in a pot. My main problem with soil is all the damn fungus knats. Ive even poured boiling walter in the soil, bleached everything and still they live!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
My tap water is at 285 to 300 ppm and 8.2 ph at the tap, if I put it in a fish tank without dechlorinating the fish ar flaoting intantly, I started using R/0 water along time ago when I was doing more Hydro. The tap water would get slimy and the plants looked terrible. Switching to R/o made a huge difference. It filters it down to 15 ppm and 6.5 ph. I got tired of wating on jugs to fill up and moving heavy totes around and found the hand watering to be th least amount of work for me.
RO definitely makes a big difference in hydro. Soil is a totally different ball game because of how it the chlorine binds to the soil particles and how the microbial life manages everything.

Also able to have more different plants in different stages with some good ol dirt in a pot. My main problem with soil is all the damn fungus knats. Ive even poured boiling walter in the soil, bleached everything and still they live!
I've honeslty never had any issues with out of control bugs in my soil and I've never done anything to "clean" the soil...I just store it indoors and keep everything as clean as possible. Most of the people I've heard having those issues were getting them from Fox Farms Ocean Forest or their own homemade soil that they had brewing outdoors.