The official Heisenbeans Youtube Competition

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
My hands started hurting thinking about having to trim that. For fun I was gonna top it and see what happened. Gonna let her do her thing,
That can be 2 different mutations. Having 3 leaf sets per node will stay consistent sometimes. The phylotaxy usually turns into more leafs and nodes than you can count and is undesirable and not worth growing imo. Initially the branches can do this then the stem will flatten anf go wild. Since your pattern seems consistent without other effects you should be safe🙏. Extra leaf is more power for the meantime. Let em ride till you cant and thin em out.

Last edited:

Dshep0613

Really Active Member
That can be 2 different mutations. Having 3 leaf sets per node will stay consistent sometimes. The phylotaxy usually turns into more leafs and nodes than you can cant. Initially the branches can do this though. Since your pattern seems consistent without other effects you should be safe🙏. Extra leaf is more power for the meantime. Let em ride till you cant and thin em out.
Ha! That was from a pack of 7 seeds, and the other 6 looked super healthy so I already gave it away. At first I thought I found a lucky pheno, like a 3 leaf clover, but after seeing the bud pics of what it could turn into, I didn't wanna even mess with it. Kinda tight on space anyway, so gave it to a buddy. He's gonna take clones before he flowers it, so if it does turn out special I'll be able to get a cut back. Appreciate the heads up! Seems like that's a big difference I noticed between the YouTube comments and the comments here. There doesn't seem to be alot of arrogance or holier than thou attitudes on this site. Mostly just a bunch of nice folks who like to joke around and help each other out. In this day and age, it's refreshing to be a part of.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Yup. Tap water has good and bad junk in it. RO removes both so you have to put the necessary back in.
I go with a dry, mix-it-yourself CaMg+Fe. Fairly cheap and it makes two gallons - lasts a while.
I also add Silica (Silica Blast from Botanicare) at half strength to all the water too.
I have Athenas Amino's from Nectar for the Gods I add as well, but I am finding other natural sources for aminos and discontinuing that after expended.
Agsil16h for k2sio4 . Lifetime supply for what you pay a bottle of blast rhino etc. I just got a sample of some amino aid from roots if you haven't got a sample from them you can do it its only 10 bucks and you get 1 more bottle of choice. If not dark energy from am hydro is pretty kick ass. Smells like platypus ass but most of the good stuff does. Oh biomin is pretty good for calcium. Amino chelated. That and Epsom work great for calmag just pay attention to how you mix your nutes and what reacts with what.

Last edited:

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
My tap water is at 285 to 300 ppm and 8.2 ph at the tap, if I put it in a fish tank without dechlorinating the fish ar flaoting intantly, I started using R/0 water along time ago when I was doing more Hydro. The tap water would get slimy and the plants looked terrible. Switching to R/o made a huge difference. It filters it down to 15 ppm and 6.5 ph. I got tired of wating on jugs to fill up and moving heavy totes around and found the hand watering to be th least amount of work for me.
Also able to have more different plants in different stages with some good ol dirt in a pot. My main problem with soil is all the damn fungus knats. Ive even poured boiling walter in the soil, bleached everything and still they live!
What kinda pots? I found some bti a layer of perlite about a 1/3 inch then lava rock on top stopped them. I have rain science now and feel those little bastards could creep In about anywhere. Using mykos etc might fuel the fire. Idk if they eat that or not. Little fuckers.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
What kinda pots? I found some bti a layer of perlite about a 1/3 inch then lava rock on top stopped them. I have rain science now and feel those little bastards could creep In about anywhere. Using mykos etc might fuel the fire. Idk if they eat that or not. Little fuckers.
I am have used fabric and plastic pots. I think the little shits have eaten some of my seedlings before they can break the soil! I have tails popped, looking good a few days later... still no sprout, dig around and cant find the seedling and I see the little shits running around. I orderd my Roots Organic online and it comes in a sealed bag . I had them with other soil too. I also have recently noticed the last bag of soil seems to be slower drainig. I think additional perlite would help. I will try It when I up pot. Mix some in and on top.

Dalton

Nobody
My tap water is at 285 to 300 ppm and 8.2 ph at the tap, if I put it in a fish tank without dechlorinating the fish ar flaoting intantly, I started using R/0 water along time ago when I was doing more Hydro. The tap water would get slimy and the plants looked terrible. Switching to R/o made a huge difference. It filters it down to 15 ppm and 6.5 ph. I got tired of wating on jugs to fill up and moving heavy totes around and found the hand watering to be th least amount of work for me.
Also able to have more different plants in different stages with some good ol dirt in a pot. My main problem with soil is all the damn fungus knats. Ive even poured boiling walter in the soil, bleached everything and still they live!
use diatomaceous earth

led1k

Really Active Member
Buy mosquito dunks, mash one up put in 1-2 gal water and soak the soil. I pre-treat the soil a few days before use. Dead larvae = no gnats.

Last edited:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Azamax was the only thing that wormed for me. That and underwatering

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
RO definitely makes a big difference in hydro. Soil is a totally different ball game because of how it the chlorine binds to the soil particles and how the microbial life manages everything.
Yahtzee. Tap water - chloramine - does not "air out" if left out for a day or bubbled. I grow organicish, but recycle soil and proabably still have some little bastards in the soil that were there 6 months ago. I store my used soil in the 'loose but moist" state. I let it set on a cloth tarp for an hour or so to wick any excess moisture out before storing. The only non-organic stuff I use is calmag and silica, but over the next few years I plan to get into the KNF stuff a little more and not need that. But I have !2 gallons of calmag now and I ain't throwing it out.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I am have used fabric and plastic pots. I think the little shits have eaten some of my seedlings before they can break the soil! I have tails popped, looking good a few days later... still no sprout, dig around and cant find the seedling and I see the little shits running around. I orderd my Roots Organic online and it comes in a sealed bag . I had them with other soil too. I also have recently noticed the last bag of soil seems to be slower drainig. I think additional perlite would help. I will try It when I up pot. Mix some in and on top.
Get some bti. Also domt dig for your seedling. If it doesnt come up it doesnt but I've found when you go and look your likely to make things worse. Just plant another and if she comes up put it in a solo till you can get to it.