The Junk Yard

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
Cool thanks for the insight. Weather here drops to 70 day 50 night around Halloween so maybe they can produce something
Very similar to my local conditions. I'm on the western slope of the Sierra Nevada mountains, around 2300ft. If you put em in the ground right away, in a sunny spot and big enough pots, they could still give you 6'-8' plants. I suggest feeding them very soluble liquid nutes to get fast veg growth as they establish. Good quality fish emulsion will be able to give you that without nitrogen burn. Continue with the fish emulsion even after you begin the flowering nutes (kelp nutes work well) right up to just before harvest. That should give you some nice stacks. Watch the moisture content of the soil. Fast growth depletes water quickly and if they get too dry it could stall them.

Good luck and happy growing.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Very similar to my local conditions. I'm on the western slope of the Sierra Nevada mountains, around 2300ft. If you put em in the ground right away, in a sunny spot and big enough pots, they could still give you 6'-8' plants. I suggest feeding them very soluble liquid nutes to get fast veg growth as they establish. Good quality fish emulsion will be able to give you that without nitrogen burn. Continue with the fish emulsion even after you begin the flowering nutes (kelp nutes work well) right up to just before harvest. That should give you some nice stacks. Watch the moisture content of the soil. Fast growth depletes water quickly and if they get too dry it could stall them.

Good luck and happy growing.
Thanks man appreciate that. It will be for a buddy of mine, he has only grown once and that was outdoor. It's right near a running ditch but I have to check his ph. Wanted to keep it simple for him and he still has floranova from the last time, think this will be ok?

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
Thanks man appreciate that. It will be for a buddy of mine, he has only grown once and that was outdoor. It's right near a running ditch but I have to check his ph. Wanted to keep it simple for him and he still has floranova from the last time, think this will be ok?
I'm not familiar with Floranova, so I don't know.

If he's near a running ditch he needs to be careful what nutes and pesticides are used. A lot of products can are very poisonous to aquatic life. Read labels thoroughly before buying. As far as nutes go, fish emulsion and kelp should be safe but check anything used just in case.

The Alaska fish emulsion and bloom nutes are cheap. Less than $20 per gallon. I haven't used the bloom nutes yet but I'm very happy with the fish emulsion.

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
Grow Log 08/06/19 (seed plants)

Transferred the clones to 10gal smartpots. They were getting rootbound and a bit scraggly. Lost 3/4 of the Bananna Crack clones for no apparent reason. I think the pots may have been too small to protect the new root systems from nearly 100F days. Hopefully the last one will grab the new dirt and flourish. I decided to mix some Redi-Gro potting soil in with the Lucky Dog peat/pearlite. This should give the soil better water retenion and more inherent nutrients.
20190806_084126.jpg20190806_084222.jpg

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
So are you gonna replace the bananas that didn't make it, or too late for that?
It's too late to do more. The last one almost died after transplant but I saved it by chopping the top. I think I broke the roots when I transplanted it. It's looking perky today after I pruned it. The roots should recover quickly in the new soil mix. Will do an application of silver thiosulfate on the Jack Herer soon. They're already forming flowers so I won't need to use the dep-house. Will have to make it bigger if I plan on using the 10gal pots next season.

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
How’d the UZi Cookies and Chocolate Diesel turn out? Been waiting for some updates. Wasn’t sure if those were ready yet.
Sorry brother, been pretty sick lately. Hard to get motivated when I feel like sh*t all the time.

Chocolate Diesel (top), Uzi Cookies (bottom)
20190808_080331.jpg

They both came out well. The Uzi Cookies was packed with buds, more than any other plant, but the mid to lower colas were a bit larfy. I think the dep grow didn't do them justice and my full season plant will give them a chance to completly fill out. They had that classic pot taste, slightly fruity, with a very solid well balanced high. The one in the garden is about 6', loaded with branches and buds. I look forward to it in the fall harvest.

The Chocolate Diesel had dense nugs that weren't stacked tightly together on the cola. Made it very easy to trim (I liked that a lot). The smoke is very aromatic, not quite piney but very spicey. The high is an excellent dopey feeling with low munchies. This is definitely a sinus clearer and has been a God-send for relieving the pressure in my head. This is my absolute favorite of this batch with Srenots' Kashmir99 following in a close second. You've done a great job with the selective breeding on this plant. Too bad the one I grew was very small (due to a small pot, not the genetics). I would have liked this to be one of the big girls in the garden. I still have one bean. Maybe I'll breed it next year.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Sorry brother, been pretty sick lately. Hard to get motivated when I feel like sh*t all the time.

Chocolate Diesel (top), Uzi Cookies (bottom)
View attachment 17214

They both came out well. The Uzi Cookies was packed with buds, more than any other plant, but the mid to lower colas were a bit larfy. I think the dep grow didn't do them justice and my full season plant will give them a chance to completly fill out. They had that classic pot taste, slightly fruity, with a very solid well balanced high. The one in the garden is about 6', loaded with branches and buds. I look forward to it in the fall harvest.

The Chocolate Diesel had dense nugs that weren't stacked tightly together on the cola. Made it very easy to trim (I liked that a lot). The smoke is very aromatic, not quite piney but very spicey. The high is an excellent dopey feeling with low munchies. This is definitely a sinus clearer and has been a God-send for relieving the pressure in my head. This is my absolute favorite of this batch with Srenots' Kashmir99 following in a close second. You've done a great job with the selective breeding on this plant. Too bad the one I grew was very small (due to a small pot, not the genetics). I would have liked this to be one of the big girls in the garden. I still have one bean. Maybe I'll breed it next year.
thats some beautiful nuggage brother!

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
QUOTE="Uncle Romulus, post: 36903, member: 224"]
thats some beautiful nuggage brother!
[/QUOTE]

That's some straight monster fire plants growing on there.
Fantabulous garden.
Love how the Banana Crack took off like that.
I hope you've started feeling better @SmithsJunk. The garden is looking awesome
Thanks guys. I've gotta give a lot of the credit to Srenots, JWM2, and Phylex for the beautiful genetics. Every plant is growing off the hook and all that were harvested are fire, no weak highs among them.

I didn't have my timing down between the dep harvest and new clones. The clones were too big to fit in the little dep-house I built. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to produce fem pollen without impregnating the whole neighborhood. Thinking of using one or two 25 micron mesh socks over the effected Jack branches to keep it contained but still give them light. Not using the dep-house means I can't control the flip so that adds another problem when it comes to application of the silver thiosulfate. They're supposed to get an application right at the flip so I'm watching the Jacks closely. The Uzi Cookies are already far into flower and the others are following close behind. I hope I get this right. I want beans without a bunch of pissed off neighbors. I plan on doing the first STS application in the next few days. That should give me enough time to drum up cash for the socks (they're really expensive for just a couple of mesh bags).
20190813_075316.jpg

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
Grow Log 08/13/19

20190813_100127.jpg20190813_100141.jpg20190813_100159.jpg20190813_100214.jpg
Kashmir99 8' (@Srenots , Reno Genetics)
20190813_095954.jpg
Uzi Cookies 7' (@JWM2 , The Growing Rack)
This plant is super lush with a crazy number of bud sites.
20190813_100018.jpg
Banana Crack 7' (Holy Smoke Seeds, my 2nd gen)
20190813_100029.jpg
Jack Herer 9'+ (@Phylex , private stock)
She's a monster, expecting 15' tops by harvest
20190813_100041.jpg
Blue Magoo 6' (@Srenots , Reno Genetics)
Very full and healthy.
20190813_100055.jpg
Death by Kush 5'+ (@Srenots , Reno Genetics)
She's doing excellent for being in the shadiest spot in the garden.
20190813_100104.jpg

SmithsJunk

Opus Herba
Grow Log 08/28/19

I boosted the nutes on my girls this week and they exploded with new growth. The Jack Herer is about 12' now and the Kashmir99 is 10'-11'.

Kashmir99
20190828_082733.jpg
Uzi Cookies
20190828_082756.jpg
Banana Crack
20190828_082804.jpg
Jack Herer
20190828_082817.jpg
Blue Magoo
20190828_082831.jpg
Death by Kush
20190828_082840.jpg20190828_082958.jpg20190828_083015.jpg20190828_083140.jpg20190828_083201.jpg

Sorry about the lack of recent posts lately, I've been very sick. I may have had a sinus infection for a several months so I'm on antibiotics and have been scheduled for a head CT scan. My immune system appears to be out of whack and I've had spikes in cholesterol indicating possible diabetes. There are signs that I may have Lupus and blood test are scheduled for that as well.

It's not for lack of interest that I haven't been following your grows for a while and I hope I'm feeling better soon so I can catch up. Thanks for your patience and support.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Grow Log 08/28/19

I boosted the nutes on my girls this week and they exploded with new growth. The Jack Herer is about 12' now and the Kashmir99 is 10'-11'.

Kashmir99
View attachment 19681
Uzi Cookies
View attachment 19682
Banana Crack
View attachment 19683
Jack Herer
View attachment 19684
Blue Magoo
View attachment 19685
Death by Kush
View attachment 19686View attachment 19687View attachment 19688View attachment 19689View attachment 19690

Sorry about the lack of recent posts lately, I've been very sick. I may have had a sinus infection for a several months so I'm on antibiotics and have been scheduled for a head CT scan. My immune system appears to be out of whack and I've had spikes in cholesterol indicating possible diabetes. There are signs that I may have Lupus and blood test are scheduled for that as well.

It's not for lack of interest that I haven't been following your grows for a while and I hope I'm feeling better soon so I can catch up. Thanks for your patience and support.
That sucks man... hope you get well soon!