The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a Gatorade bottle with backwoods guts that have been steeping for the last week I'm getting ready to use here soon.
So far the only issue the tobacco has had is moisture. It likes a lot, so outside in the ground it's not doing as well but it's still going in a few spots. I don't think it'll spread like a weed, but it may take in some patches which is fine. People complain about things being invasive. Poison ivy is invasive. Briars and honeysucle are invasive. A plant that I can yank up if I am tired of it is not invasive - and if it has no thorns and doesn't make you itch it's better than what could have been there.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got the Irene cleaned up last night and the Dogma this morning and got about 5 quarters of keeper stuff to let cure on both. Probably another quarter of larf. Niether are anything special to look at - seriously 80's looking weed. A little leafy and hairy - but the frost is in there. Not a lot of kief though - more sticky. Irene smells like a dirty hippie in a shop with all the inscense on that shelf by the register. The early buzz is nothing special this morning, but it's there. I think it'll be in the cure. It got me through bucking the Dogma with just a few bong-rips, just not mind blowing like I expect the Dogma to be.
IMG_5875.JPG
The Dogma is one that'll leave a sack of brown hairs as the shake. But they come right off as youo handle the buds. The clove hash was plentiful but hairy. Harriest was the underside of the top nugs, and on a few the next one down.
IMG_5869.JPG
I didn't get a pic but it looked like beards under them. The lower mess there is all pettiole buds. Most just peeled right off the stem but a few it's solid and I had to cut the stem out. Surprisingly there were no seeds when I busted them apart.
IMG_5870.JPG
This is the frost monster that had rails you could see from space - but it's still leafy
IMG_5871.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Waterred the babies and a handy item for watering lots of littles is the kitchen scale. Water the first plant and see what the drained weight is, then water the rest to that weight like an assembly line. On the left there are the 5 Freeborn plants. Those will may get topped but are not gettting flipped. I may wait until they show sex then put the girls in 7g. Behind them is a Durb and the Wedding Cake x Pina, both will flip. Wifi OG in the cup is going well now but still plenty of root-room in the cup. Back right is the two Dank Sinatra. Same boat as the Lime1 plants sinceit's my only two and one's runty. Watermelons and Fruit Jam will flip. Those are the last of my "taster" drops. If it's not a fem or known top shelf like the T-star, it gets a half or full pack drop.
IMG_5884.JPG
I drain the trays after they've had time to soak up all they want, then line them back up under the light.
IMG_5886.JPG
And here's the new drop configuration - 2 half packs
IMG_5888.JPG
and some fems
IMG_5889.JPG

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Waterred the babies and a handy item for watering lots of littles is the kitchen scale. Water the first plant and see what the drained weight is, then water the rest to that weight like an assembly line. On the left there are the 5 Freeborn plants. Those will may get topped but are not gettting flipped. I may wait until they show sex then put the girls in 7g. Behind them is a Durb and the Wedding Cake x Pina, both will flip. Wifi OG in the cup is going well now but still plenty of root-room in the cup. Back right is the two Dank Sinatra. Same boat as the Lime1 plants sinceit's my only two and one's runty. Watermelons and Fruit Jam will flip. Those are the last of my "taster" drops. If it's not a fem or known top shelf like the T-star, it gets a half or full pack drop.
View attachment 129291
I drain the trays after they've had time to soak up all they want, then line them back up under the light.
View attachment 129292
And here's the new drop configuration - 2 half packs
View attachment 129293
and some fems
View attachment 129294
When I have sprouts starting I water with a kitchen scale to make sure I’m not putting too much in water in there. Before I plant the seed I get the soil in the pot to field capacity, weigh it, and then use that as a reference for when and how much to water them.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My grandmother used to grow "Jasmine tobacco" and it flowered like that, more of an ornamental plant than a production variety.
(Nicotiana alata)
This is Glessnor(sp) tobacco, a freebie from Dagga. I looked up all I could find and it's definitely not just ornamental, but it's also not the cool traditional Indian tobacco or anythig like that. I think it's the unmolested pre-production marlboro weed.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I have sprouts starting I water with a kitchen scale to make sure I’m not putting too much in water in there. Before I plant the seed I get the soil in the pot to field capacity, weigh it, and then use that as a reference for when and how much to water them.
Same principle. My seed starter soil is kept dry, so I moisten it with 10-20% water (by weight) and it is still pretty light. Nowhere near capacity. But I keep a sprayer of plain water by the domes so I can give them love when the surface looks dry-ish and not hurt anything.

I also have the 'cup-in-cup' thing with the clear one inside, but there's also a tablespoon of fine pumice between the two cups. If I add too much water it has a place to drain.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On the veg side things are hit and miss. The fem beans are all normal,
IMG_5930.JPG
but the old beans are 1:12 so far. The rest of them are going down tomorrow but I am still expecting to see a few more; since one popped I know they aren't all fucked. I'll be soaking them today, but that's only 2 of one strain and 5 of another to replace 11 possible duds. I may pull another small pack of regs to drop that are also old.
IMG_5931.JPG
The thing I am seeing on the Lime1 x Jaro is trunks with no branches. So since they want to be tall and skinny I'll likely flip them tonight. I'll need to make room. I only got one of the Durban Poison to pop so maybe that's the other set of beans to drop. My thinking at this point is I have the known fire either in flower or just chopped. The Dogma is already legit smoke at 2 weeks, The Irene is "daytime smoke" for now. But I have a Chemdog and a CLHP in flower, the bigger Lemon Tree and Cherrywest clones, the Catpiss, etc. so I don't need a lot from any plant.
IMG_5932.JPG
In the back left corner I now have an indoor berry crop. I was gonna drop the cardboard container in the ground, but this looks too promising. I didn't know if ground cherries would fruit without pollinators buzzing around - I guess they do. the indoor gardening thing is addictive, but there's very little sweet stuff.
IMG_5933.JPG
Got a few packs of "organic" (whatever) green onions at the store because they had nice roots. Great indoor crop. I snipped them all that that lowest cut-line on the papery part when I potted them yesterday - they did this in 24hrs. You can use them fresh or chop them up and keep a jar in the freezer to add when needed.
IMG_5900.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The flower side is assorted goodness.
The Golden Goat up front hits 10 weeks in a day or two and is close. the 7g Chemdog back-right will shift to the tall girl tent soon.
IMG_5927.JPG
In here the two Irene are no longer a concern. They'll finish at some point, but I am letting them go long until they nanner or have more amber. The Obamacare is under the fan. One of the two Bees Knees (GMO cross) front left is getting black. The buds are looking gnarly with the real dark innerds but the bright white pistils. Looks very chemdoggy.
IMG_5929.JPG
Anyone need some Nigerian Ducksfoot? I think I'll have plenty... flipped at 6" tall - DAMN! That's the BBW hiding in the corner. Chemdog and ChemD - another one that should rock the socks off.
IMG_5901.JPG
Chameleon Glass. I love a good pipe but the ash thing is annoying. and screens are annoying. They poked the mouth part in so it's inverted and now the ash stays inside.
IMG_5896.JPG

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
... Got a few packs of "organic" (whatever) green onions at the store because they had nice roots. Great indoor crop. I snipped them all that that lowest cut-line on the papery part when I potted them yesterday - they did this in 24hrs. You can use them fresh or chop them up and keep a jar in the freezer to add when needed.
View attachment 129325
I plugged a couple dozen of those in a tray that held mushrooms in the spring and plugged them in the beds lined up between our tomatoes, fava and peppers. The kids snap a stick off and eat it fresh. It's great in stir fry and guacamole too.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I plugged a couple dozen of those in a tray that held mushrooms in the spring and plugged them in the beds lined up between our tomatoes, fava and peppers. The kids snap a stick off and eat it fresh. It's great in stir fry and guacamole too.
I'm thinking sustainability. Anything I don't have to buy from the store is a bonus. If you need the onion flavor but don't need chunks of onion like in chili, they are a replacement for 'real' onions. I am looking at fall crops now and it's all root veggies so I'll plant some onions but from seed they take forever. all my good soil that they can grow in has better stuff in it now, but the fall 'cover' crop is gonna be mostly edible rootsI have regular and pink celery going that are still alive but spindly and herb looking instead of stalk looking. I think they'll beef up as it cools.

Stuff like potatoes though you really need a lot of room or a lot of soil in pots to get a food crop instead of a cool snack. It's cheaper and easier to buy a 10# sack and grow something else. Looking at starting another round of shelling beans, I am loaded up on regular (assorted) snap beans but I want beans for chili - I have lots of hot peppers coming in so assorted 'flavors' of chili this winter is a great plan for me ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am harvesting the Golden Goat (10wks) and the CLHP (9wks) after I post this. The new moon did it and they went from almost done to ready rather quickly. I moved the Chemdog into the tall girl tent, and that made room for all the flips in the shorty tent. I kept the Durban Poison, the two Dank Sinatra and the Wifi OG in veg. I shifted all the popped beans in one dome with vents open, and am wetting the remaining Croq's and SSHP tonight or tomorrow. The cups are still moist and in the sealed dome and I may still get poppers. I have 3 of the Croq's now. I'll stick the new beans in the old cups and if I have two pop I'll sort that later.
IMG_5945.JPGIMG_5946.JPGIMG_5947.JPGIMG_5956.JPG
This is veg
IMG_5957.JPG
The tobacco has no scent to me, but when I up-potted the peppers in some Coast of Maine soil the gnats came. I added castings on top and rice hulls and we'll see what happens.
IMG_5958.JPG
Tobacco is like sticky traps. Who knew?
IMG_5954.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
No new poppers this morning so the last 2 SSHP x Baguettes and 4 Croquembouche got wet.

Don't know why I chose not to excavate and look for wonky ones that didn't break the surface for some reason. I have 10 plants and 6 are fems though, so at some point that's a full tent. I am tired of baby-sitting... Maybe when I drop the Deek Chunk is the slow tent.

That Cotton Candy Cookies smells great and got me high after a 7 day hang, but this is Ethos stuff and in my experience it ages like bread. Stuff where it's better to roll big fat ones and get really high while it has the potential. As the smell fades so does the high - storage-smorage :ROFLMAO:

It's rather crumbly. I do a "farmers" trim where I just snip off all the nugs and leaves with stems, then glove up and pluck any bd-leaves that need to go. The 3-4 crows-feet at the nug base, and on the tops any "fat stem" leaves that are between nug-lets. I'll pull the leaves and if the little lower nugs on a top break off, so be it. fat moist stems in the middle of a nug are where mold starts. Much easier to go ahead and break up the big ones now instead of later. So by "crumbly" I mean that it was a more dry/brittle stickyand lots of the 'under-nugs' broke off.

I spent the morning high on the littles and it was nice. I'll burp it for a week and re-check and see if it's getting better of not.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I check trichs I set the camera to macro and get close. maybe 1 in 10 pics come out clear but most are good enough to get the amber count or a general picture of ripeness. Occasionally I get a good one. This is the short green pheno of the Bees Knees and it's at 9 weeks. The other one is the almost black one that's twice as tall. This smells like paint thinner and garlic.
IMG_5980.JPG
Greasy leaves, some milky trichs that look oily as well, and check out the just-turning inner brownness on the pistils!
IMG_5980 (2).JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm watching all of those that went through the power outage and the no AC real close. They all seem to want to put out new pistils so I can't get distracted by them. The GMO is a 10-ish week strain, which is probably 11-ish in living soil - which is right at the full moon.