The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This has since been changed, but the fan is blowing into the flower bedroom. the temp AC window unit is awesome. I realized that I had three exhaust fans in that room, sucking the cool air right out. Not the fan is turned, diverting some of the air up the hall, with the door mostly closed.
IMG_5787.JPG
The new additions are the Chem91 center square in a 7g, theLemon Tree and the Chromatic - LT is the droopy one. has been for a while. never unhealthy droopy but never praying. Not sure the plant backn right that is getting some fade. I know nothing is close in here though. Mithe be a looker.
IMG_5785.JPG
Taller stuff in here except the Irene that I would take down if I had climate control. She's low getting less light.
IMG_5784.JPG
and the basketball team. The Irene clones are up front. The 4-week flip mom is about 18" tall and 4 fat spears. The more mature cuttings have stretch.
IMG_5782.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The latest haul is amazing. The Dagga pack I ordered another Kush Cleaner cross, a spare pack of the Morning Brew, and I popped on the Skunktek because I heard Mean Gene bragging on him in a podcast. 10 fems showed up as 15. Lots of plants! Also, I asked Peter if he had any more of the Mean Gene fems and got another 4. Not sure what the "Two Dog" offering is, but it's got a lot of initials for 3 fem beans. And Lemon Thai? sure, why not! LOL
IMG_5797.JPG
On the CSI order it was like Christmas. I wanted to try a Notsodog Headband cross, and the Notso x TK was the only one available that was not a cookie/cake/fruity cross. So what shows up? The Notso x Chem 91 baby!!! More fallen soldiers and another 5 PCK, but the score is the Notso 91.
IMG_5796.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dagga does it again
Except for one fem bean from Skunktek the next drop is a bunch of CSI fems. I'm still debating on what pack of regs to drop. Something I am pretty sure I will like everything from. I think I have the headband stuff covered for the next 5 years until stuff starts not popping LOL.

I was initially gonna drop the Truffles by Aficianado. 9 beans and I have already sifted a few males out of the pack. The thing I am realizing is that I need to drop the pack because I will not get back around to it. If I cull females because there's too many - oh well LOL

But the other pack I never got to taste is the Dominion G from Duke Diamond. I have 8 of those.

But there's half a dozen fems I want to drop so it's one or the other.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Akchewallee...
I am getting to the last few nugs of Homecoming Queen so it's time to run another cross. HQ, Croquembouche, and the Spyrock Special HP cross are the three I have - and I bought a few packs of the HQ. Since all three made my top shelf, those are all ones I'll drop half packs of AND get back to LOL maybe running Truffles by the same dude will be OK instead.

I got the babies into 1/2g pots. The Fruit Jam are the superstars. They are the Kush Cleaner crossed with Betsy. Betsy is a 200 worked line he's selling - this was the $50 knock off - and likely my best option since I am not breeding. I need to drop packs and enjoy phenos. And there should be some Betsy all in it based on the other KC crosses I have run. Perfect male. Adds potency I guess, but there are only a few that hafve his terps. And it has been on the crosses that have that lemon/lime cleaner aspect in the mom too.

So you can spend $200 on Lemon Tree, or $50 on the Triple Sec and get lemon everywhere.

it'll probably be Truffles just because I dropped big money on them compared to others.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I planted a pack of Spearmint seeds from Burpee and did not get mint of any kind. Anyone know what this is?
IMG_5807.JPG IMG_5808.JPG IMG_5810.JPG
It's been hot and dry out so the chantarelles that bloomed after last rain that did not rot dried perfectly. The red ones are super rare, so I got every little one I could find. alled "cinnebar" or something like that. I found one big enough to do a good ID on it.
IMG_5811.JPG

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I planted a pack of Spearmint seeds from Burpee and did not get mint of any kind. Anyone know what this is?
View attachment 129066 View attachment 129067 View attachment 129068
It's been hot and dry out so the chantarelles that bloomed after last rain that did not rot dried perfectly. The red ones are super rare, so I got every little one I could find. alled "cinnebar" or something like that. I found one big enough to do a good ID on it.
View attachment 129069
That flower looks like a petunia.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The babies got a little more water, but still were'n l[ight since the transplant. That Wifi freebie is healthy as fuck, but it had the curly-Q root I had to excavate. I don't want to stretch her to straighten the trunk because it already looks woody. That got a larger cup, but will be a bonsai project.
IMG_5804.JPG
Stoner shit I was thinking about - This is the ex-flower tent that's larger than a 3x3 and has about 120w of light if the driver is maxed. I was looking into a new light for it - then the AC thing came up. I am going to start another project this drop based on the runts here. The super-indica shorties that veg slow - like the Lemon Tree, Catpiss, and a few others - that can't be part of a regular rotation. Looks lke one of the Dank Sinatra fits that bill too. I have the 3x3 with the 100w growing peppers now.They can get set outside as soon as I need room. All are an experiment to see what happens in a small pot, but some are actually made for pots indoors.

I have room around the edge in here, an the whole other 3x3. Now that I am going to 7g pots when needed I can veg a little longer and shape stuff more before flip.

I think the littles do best in low light so I might do the 100w or less grow on a set of them to see how it goes. Small cups to small pots etc. Maybe put a few in a larger pot to flower them out. Regular veg and slow veg is the basic idea, with the slow ones not fucking up the rotation. I'll know when they can join the flower tents and maybe drop a few less in prep for that.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I almost pulled the trigger on The Cream but I'm waiting on the moon. 2 more days ain't shit unless she nanners because it was already time. She is front and center with a nice yellow fade. Also fading is the Freeborn fem in the back corner. Both just passed 9 weeks, and look milky
IMG_5820.JPG
I pulled the shorter Irene in here because the BBW needed the room.
IMG_5821.JPG
No more high chairs. The Ducks are getting brown pistils, so maybe they finish before 16 weeks. If they go 3 more weeks it'll be 13 since they showed pistils. They are the only plant I can't count the flip date because I practically started them at 12/12
IMG_5831.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Check that - with the new moon they will have completed 10 weeks.

I don't have many 8 week plants any more.

People say living soil makes plants take longer.

I SAY... that living soil lets them do what they want to do naturally - without some dude with opposable thumbs feeding them intraveinously and deciding when to starve them and make them fade [die].

That may be why so much weed at the dispos and such seems midsy. Chemist/chef's following a recipe to cook the plants for X-weeks then they are done. Forced-senescence is my new term for "flushing". Sounds better than "starving the plants", but covers the same territory ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Along the same lines as having a BBQ tent (low and slow) I think the closet for long flowering ones needs to stay a thing. I have 8-10 Piff crosses I need to run through that are 5-pack regs - perfect to rock the closet. If the Ducks are looking close I drop a CBH cross next month. It should get into flower when it cools off too.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
More stoner growing and planning notes as the drops get closer each month LOL. Wonder what I spend time thinking about :unsure: 🤷‍♂️😜

I have an Irene Colombian hanging. I have two clones of her going and I don't know if I even like the smoke. Pretty sure I will, but if it's not my thing I can cull one of the two then see if the more mature plant (clone) being put into flower made a difference with the other. And it really says nothing for the rest of the pack either. Pretty sure those landrace/heirloom types are more for hunting anyway.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Interesting tidbit from the Notsodog Potcast. His opinion is that the Chemdog (but not the other chems) is an S1 already.

A pack of S1's is supposed to be a pheno hunt where all the ghosts of Christmas past come out and say hi. You get to see all the variations of mom's, dads, grandparents, etc.

Back in the day there were not many mono-crops with clones. If you got a big enough sack of weed it likely had multiple plants that were sisters with maybe a few brothers that may have gotten culled in time. So one bagseed could be a selfed bean from a herm, while another bud has male pollen on it.

It makes sense with the fact that almost every Chem91 I have grown is exactly the same. They are an S2 rather than S1. But the Chem D and the others could have been girls from regular m/f bagseeds. Then selfing them makes the wild S1's.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For long flowering plants after the Ducks I have all the Cuban Black Haze crosses from @High kev , but I also have the Vietnamese Silver Leaf from @J.James - and that pack was already open. I need to drop those before I lose them. I also know I probably did a shitty job growing the first one.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This was a do-nothing nght for watering so I'm holding off getting beans wet until tomorrow. I have the Ducks and the BBW, and the taller Irene.
IMG_5855.JPG
This is a skinny nerf football, for now - but it's made up of little fingers so it's airy enough not to be a mold issue hopefully.
IMG_5856 (2).JPG
The medium tent has the CCC pretty much done. Pulling her tomorrow afternoon before the lights come on. She smells reallt pretty :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: I hope it's stoney but it's Ethos - not counting on anything but looks, taste, and smell.
IMG_5860.JPG
She is instagram colorful if I felt lioke doong glamor shots, but he has ambers all over - and new pistils all over. Likelyfrom tye power outage short day then the "not too hot, but hotter than they are used to" days before I at least got the portable AC's running.
IMG_5861.JPG
The shorties. The second (shorter) of the Bees Knees is lower right. It had a runty lower limb on one side that was not reaching close to the canopy. With it removed I have the perfect wall or corner plant LOL and it did it's own stadium style stretching. Golden Goat back right is next to go but probably near the next moon cycle.
IMG_5858.JPG
The only veg tent for now is the 40"x40" that was a flower tent before the 4x4. Plenty of room for these to grow but it could use a light upgrade at some point. The stars are the Fruit Jam (The Betsy crossed to the Kush Cleaner) and are almost flip ready. others will flip based on being close enough (or not yet) but all are regs so it's just a tent swap and maybe culling a male. Up-pots will be in a few weeks. The Watermelon Hustle are the next biggest pair, One of the two Dank Sinatra is going well but the other is a runt. The Wifi OG cross in the cup (lower Right) is ready for some pruning to get the straight part growing more. She has caught up to the runty Dank Sinatra also on that front row - but not once I bury the curly-Q part - she'll be vegging for a while. I only have a handfull (freebies from 707) so I might drop the lot if I see several duds on my next drop.

The oddball is a pink dandelion. You know how hard it is to get a fucking dandelion to make a damn flower and more seeds???:LOL:🤷‍♂️ Looks like beautiful greens though.
IMG_5866.JPG
This is to see what peppers will make me a fresh sweet pepper in a small pot. The colorful ones are inside peppers by design. The green ones are banana, bell, etc. to see if any make fruit without the pollinators outside. They can go outside if needed and I can just see if any produce in the smaller pots. Or how big of a pot is needed before they do. If I have to hand pollenate to get indoor fresh peppers and I don't find out until this winter then so be it ;)
IMG_5867.JPG
Aside from the hoard of peppers my lone indoor tobacco plant is making a flower. As soon as I get some homemade seeds I ferment the plant roots and all to use as a neo-nicotinoid "pesticide" (last ditch IPM) that is safe because it is not using a pack of marlboros to make a tea. [that's a thing]
On the left I have a Lovage plant that's a celery tasting herb - like a tastier parsley. A moringa tree that is supposed to be all edible high nutrient yada-yada but they don't grow for shit where I live, inside or out. There's a little ecinacia and an aloe in the corner, and the two feathery ones are Peruvian mint I got from Dagga as a freebie. thicker leaves than a regular mint and if it's tasty should dry well. I planted 5, alll came up in the same cup, I separated them and stuck three outside.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Unless I change my mind and add to it the beans getting wet tomorrow are my Baguettes crosses from @J.James that were'nt on the site when I wanted more stuff. I have a few packs of Homecoming Queen, but only 11 and 8 of the other two I got. I am dropping 5 of both the Spyrock Special Hashplant cross, and the Croquembouche which was @Heisenbeans Wedding Cake. All made fire with the Aficianado Baguettes. If I see duds I drop the rest of that flavor. So it's like a do-or-die germ test on some of my older beans.

That's 10 regs and I also have 5 CSI fems dropping, and one from Skunktek.

I was debating on what packs to buy last and Mean Gene mentioned Skunktek in a Pot-cast from a while ago. I have skunky stuff so I wasn't thinking anything about it. Went to Dagga and if you just click "shop" at the top it will list the most recent stuff added. Which was two offerings from Skunktek :unsure: One was something skunk-ish but the other was Texas ShoreLINE crossed to some HEADband - Headline - get it? :ROFLMAO:😜

Well-I was in a headband mood and I beat that horse dead with the CSI stuff. I also got the headband unique to Notsodog that CSI is using a little now so there's the Notso x TK [bought] and the Notso x Chem91 [free], then three "why the fuck not?" fems. I have the fallen soldier table beans where after the packs are made from whatever reversed donor there are the leftovers all with that known pollen donor but they could be from any of a number of moms (clone only stuff) that caught the pollen. I have more but so far I selected a

Chem91 x ? (duh),
Bubba Kush x ? and a
Sweet 16 x ?

The Sweet 16 is a selected pheno of that "Pinks and Purps" cross he made and that piqued my interest. The Bubba was just for something wildly different.

I also have those freebie packs of the Obama Kush and Wedding Cake table beans, and my OCD may make me drop one of them as well ;)

All that will leave untried from CSI is the Paki Chitral Kush regs, that I now have 10 of. There's a big ol' drop waiting to happen.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I took a big dose of the RSO and rambled a bit there LOL.

I was so excited when those Notso x Chem91 showed up I wanted a shot at more. They aren't for sale so in the order comments I asked for some - can't hurt. Said he could bill me. This desire to get another pack while they are still available made me pull the trigger on a pack of the Deep Chunk regs. It says 21 beans so there will be plenty for two big drops. He generous as fuck and gives lots of fantastic freebies - but he does count beans [or someone does]. If it says 7 feminized beans then by God don't be expecting 8 :ROFLMAO:

I bet that's his OCD thing. Making that many varieties of beans available and knowing what you need to chuck next probably has a big fat slice of that.

The Deek Chunksters will be a low light thing and may kick the peppers outside.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
... I ferment the plant roots and all to use as a neo-nicotinoid "pesticide" (last ditch IPM) that is safe because it is not using a pack of marlboros to make a tea. [that's a thing]...
I have a Gatorade bottle with backwoods guts that have been steeping for the last week I'm getting ready to use here soon.