The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I hate forgetting what the fuck I was thinking when I did certain things. Like all the 1/2g pots for that last batch of regs. They should have gotten new pots when I flipped. I may stick the three remaining ones in a slightly larger pot this evening regardless of if they've shown or not.

The two I had left were already upgraded to 2g pots to veg longer got flipped mainly to clean house. They were still regs so no need to veg unknown/possible boys that long. And the last Durban was a stretcher for a few weeks.

I held off dropping the Deep Chunk until the new moon. I had enough of the Croq's pop that soil may end up being an issue so I gotta pace myself. I sifted all the harvested pots and got them reamended, and after potting the last four in 7g pots I have four 8g totes and three 5g buckets of soil in standby.

I was debating going right from cups to 5g for the 6 fems but there's the watering consistency issue so the fems and regs all get 1g, but the fems will get their big pots around flip instead of having to wait on sex. I think maybe going to the short 2g with them now might be best just because I have the soil and it will reduce how much I need later. I may be pulling a ducksfoot soon trying one earlier than the other. I have also been adding fresh peat along with the craft blend and other stuff when I reamend so it'll build volume and reduce the worm casting weight.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Tonight everything gets water. I let it go two days without so I can give them a good soak. I started sprouting some corn after last watering and 3 days is about perfect. I'll put it through the blender then add some goodies. I want some good enzymes available when I up-pot as well. The 4 regs on the left will get 1g, the 6 fems will get short "2g" that are like a 5qt paint pail.
IMG_6164.JPG
The 3 late arrivals probably nothing, but if the soil sticks together enough when I open the clam-shell I may drop them in a 1g as well. 2 weeks and they are not root-bound, and you can see the roots not doing the regular curling thing with the pumice in the cup. They wiggle all through it, but a few taps and a maybe lightly brushing a finget between the two openings ans everything comes untangled with no breakage. Juwst a very small root-hole at the base of easy split up the side of the cup. I mixed up a tiny bit of Rootwise and watered them, including a splach in the rocks at the bottom. I want them to explode in the next pot.
IMG_6171.JPG
This is gonna be a thing for me now. Holy shit batman :cool:
IMG_6168.JPG
I am not much for sweets, and ground cherries have a good tart bite to them. awesome snacks and you literally just have to wait until they hit the ground. Pack of seeds is $3 and I could do a forest with that. This is about 8 big ones and they are the Aunt Molly's. The New Hannover did for shit but it may have been me - these were hardy though and both were treated the same. There's a few that stayed runty but still have a limb of fruit. That's in a 7g pot with the top rolled down a bit. I pruned away most of the lower fruiting limbs like lolli-popping weed. Since I haven't harvested any yet I am thinking about keeping track of how many I get, or total weight or something. I wish I made a note on when I planted them.
IMG_6167.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got everything watered but took down a Nigerian Ducksfoot at 13 weeks. she had all brown pistils and some milky - but there were some sketchy looking bits that could have been nanners, The other one might be right behind her and that's fine, but they look different.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think Peter at Dagga appreciates return customers. It's like he is trying to impress me with the freebies - and he's friends with Mene Gene. I e-mailed him to find out what the 1st thing is - maybe a crown?, but I have seen video of him discussing giving him lots of seeds to give out. I bought the Pink Champs pack. Paki landrace? Interesting. Candy cookie fumes ? yeah buddy, I don't know LOL
IMG_6187.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Peter hooks it up again.
What are you thinking of dropping first?

Your seed budgeting is admirable vato.
Dropping a little of both Freeborn, with the stuff from JJ next. Just sorting all that out. I have the 10 Deep Chunk for the low light project and the Notso-ChemD freebie. I put 12 cups in a dome and will probably run 2 domes.

As far as seed budget, I spent $120 on the one pack of Freeborn. My weed budget used to be the $250 I had to pay for an ounce that I would stretch and make last the month. That same budget bought lights, tents, soil, nutes, etc. I don't buy weed anymore. I don't buy nutes. I have tents and lights and my soil is getting better every day instead of getting tossed into the garden. Buying the two packs I did from Top Dawg was the only time I have busted that weed budget just because I realize the time to get seeds is when they drop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think my plan of trying the new stuff just to taste has been working pretty well. Unless stuff is full of wild phenos a plant or two can at least tell me if it is something in my wheelhouse. I think sorting the seedbank into "pheno hunt" packs and "I don't care what the pheno is" packs is the best approach.

Forn example, I really love the T-star and the Morning Brew so I was able to get a spare pack while they were still available. The Cream from Irie was another. The Dogma from 707 was a miss unless he makes more. That pushed me over the top getting the second pack of T-star since both are Trinity x Chem and both rock.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
A kid and some grands visited and wore my ass out. My afternoon nap when they left was more like hibernation. So I got up and pulled an all-nighter getting stuff done. I bucked the two Bees Knees (GMO x Kush Cleaner), the Irene clone and the Cherrywest clone.
IMG_6202.JPG
Clockwise from the lower left;

The Cherrywest is a mess to trim so I aint. I'll smoke the little bud leaves and love it. I got the snippable-stem leaves out of the way and that's good enough. about a half ounce there. After re-listening to one of his podcasts with new personal knowledge, hearing him discuss the plants it sounds like I may have had a runt. They aren't giants, but the growth should be more like a regular size plant. The smoke from mom is awesome (and almost gone) and this smells stronger.

The Irene was also super loud compared to the mom. The mom is now immediately edibles or something. I got an ounce from this one on the nose.

The black BK was almost 2oz and smells like sweet garlic berries. The green BK smells of spray paint and was about an ounce of flower. His pack description mentioned a wide array of crazy phenos. Confirmed! If both are good it can stay in the "drop a few" category - but I can expect variety.

4 plants. The Cherrywest went 7 weeks, the Irene 8 and the two BK went 10. I don't really care about weight but out of curiosity I weighed everything as noted above just to check my 'progress' with some mental math at 6am LOL. 4 plants is half a tent. A half zip, two singles and a double is a QP all day long. Considering I spent very little to make them grow except seeds and an electric bill I think that is gonna be fine to keep going like I'm going.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
A kid and some grands visited and wore my ass out. My afternoon nap when they left was more like hibernation. So I got up and pulled an all-nighter getting stuff done. I bucked the two Bees Knees (GMO x Kush Cleaner), the Irene clone and the Cherrywest clone.
View attachment 129610
Clockwise from the lower left;

The Cherrywest is a mess to trim so I aint. I'll smoke the little bud leaves and love it. I got the snippable-stem leaves out of the way and that's good enough. about a half ounce there. After re-listening to one of his podcasts with new personal knowledge, hearing him discuss the plants it sounds like I may have had a runt. They aren't giants, but the growth should be more like a regular size plant. The smoke from mom is awesome (and almost gone) and this smells stronger.

The Irene was also super loud compared to the mom. The mom is now immediately edibles or something. I got an ounce from this one on the nose.

The black BK was almost 2oz and smells like sweet garlic berries. The green BK smells of spray paint and was about an ounce of flower. His pack description mentioned a wide array of crazy phenos. Confirmed! If both are good it can stay in the "drop a few" category - but I can expect variety.

4 plants. The Cherrywest went 7 weeks, the Irene 8 and the two BK went 10. I don't really care about weight but out of curiosity I weighed everything as noted above just to check my 'progress' with some mental math at 6am LOL. 4 plants is half a tent. A half zip, two singles and a double is a QP all day long. Considering I spent very little to make them grow except seeds and an electric bill I think that is gonna be fine to keep going like I'm going.
sounds like the grand kids were in fine form ,out of town all that dirt to play in and no cememt!i kept a pile of chat ( fine gravel) i dumped in the driveway on the trailor lot ,never told the kids they could play in it ,just let em have it they had(hot wheels) parking caves, roads to the top of the pile,then it was a bike ramp ,after thet it was a four wheeler jump hump well worth the price of the gravel! The main tool they had was a army shovel.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
sounds like the grand kids were in fine form ,out of town all that dirt to play in and no cememt!i kept a pile of chat ( fine gravel) i dumped in the driveway on the trailor lot ,never told the kids they could play in it ,just let em have it they had(hot wheels) parking caves, roads to the top of the pile,then it was a bike ramp ,after thet it was a four wheeler jump hump well worth the price of the gravel! The main tool they had was a army shovel.
My garden fascinates them. All the odd stuff I grow their vavorite was a chinese red noodle bean. only on bean on the plant so far but it'a almost 20" long, and as the beans fill out it looks like a red snake that ate a long string of beads. Too damn hot to do much outside which is why I got wore out. If you can't let them entertain themselves you have to be the entertainment - which is great - but tiring. Especially when you aren't used to it on the regular ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Peter hooks it up again.
What are you thinking of dropping first?

Your seed budgeting is admirable vato.
Just heard back from him and it's First Crown. So that's interesting, never heard that mentioned in any of his talks. One thing of note is I watch these podcasts live a lot, and ask questions or mak comments in the chat - there's this whole little community of about 50-ish people that are regulars on the FCP shows. Peter is also in a lot of those conversations so he does know me a little better than just a paid invoice. He said these are testers, so I may drop the 7 beans I got at once and ask for more next order. And I'll start a little folder and keep notes and pics for if there's another show and I can e-mail him the lot.

If you haven't picked up on it I buy something every month. I think he knows that too, and keeping the customer happy is just good business - and those seeds cost him nothing. Jackson probably handed him a ziplock sack and said "package them up and give them away". And giving those primo freebies to someone that it makes a difference too (a weed snob) - and who may get some grow info back - is just good business.

He has yet to send me an auto freebie - because he knows LOL

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
My garden fascinates them. All the odd stuff I grow their vavorite was a chinese red noodle bean. only on bean on the plant so far but it'a almost 20" long, and as the beans fill out it looks like a red snake that ate a long string of beads. Too damn hot to do much outside which is why I got wore out. If you can't let them entertain themselves you have to be the entertainment - which is great - but tiring. Especially when you aren't used to it on the regular ;)
hold em close while they are young,they will remember things like that ,forever!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Just heard back from him and it's First Crown. So that's interesting, never heard that mentioned in any of his talks. One thing of note is I watch these podcasts live a lot, and ask questions or mak comments in the chat - there's this whole little community of about 50-ish people that are regulars on the FCP shows. Peter is also in a lot of those conversations so he does know me a little better than just a paid invoice. He said these are testers, so I may drop the 7 beans I got at once and ask for more next order. And I'll start a little folder and keep notes and pics for if there's another show and I can e-mail him the lot.

If you haven't picked up on it I buy something every month. I think he knows that too, and keeping the customer happy is just good business - and those seeds cost him nothing. Jackson probably handed him a ziplock sack and said "package them up and give them away". And giving those primo freebies to someone that it makes a difference too (a weed snob) - and who may get some grow info back - is just good business.

He has yet to send me an auto freebie - because he knows LOL
cool person to have in your corner

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am not a "fanboy" of any particular human being - that ain't me.

I have a lot of respect a few breeders who I have heard on the podcasts and liked their view on cannabis, the effects, grow style, or just life in general - and then that was backed up by growing their stuff and not getting disappointed. So far everything I have grown from Freeborn has been top notch with great highs. Some have grown for shit and I don't care because - the high.

I seem to prefer breeders stuff that were growing guerilla before legality was more than a pipe dream. They like the weed that I remember and still have it, or have bred for things that are similar or collected it.

707 Seedbank same way. The classics he has worked into his own lines are worth the price of admission, but the male he uses leaves the mom profile pretty much untouched or he doesn't release it - or like with the Bees Knees he'll say that it's a mess of variety. Kush Cleaner male doesn't seem to add to anything but potency, and maybe structure because they are all sturdy plants. That said, if he has a worked line crossed with that male I'll buy the $50 pack and hunt through it instead of the $200 pack. Lemon Tree (Triple Sec) was the one where I bought both. The Betsy $200 pack I bought the Fruit Jam for $50 instead. If I like it enough I may try The Betsy, but I doubt it.

For a person without access to hype cuts, or there are no S1's of the clone-only's you trust, the Kush Cleaner crosses would be my suggestion. If everyone is talking about Zkittles and you want to try it, a pack of the Bay Breeze would be the best way to get a taste.

I go with public opinion and hype for some, or hear them on a podcast and admire their story or where they've been or what they have done, and invest to find out. JJ from Top Dawg all I grew was the T-star TrinityxChem plant. I bought it because it was Trinity x Chem like the Dogma from 707 that was no longer available. The first plant was above top shelf so I grew a second - and got the same or better. I was able to get a second pack to hang on to while I still have some of the first. That's banked. Now I have Dirty Taxy and Jane Doe Skunk to see if he is on the list or if I just like the Trinity crosses.

There are also those that I have found that are hit and miss with some wild variation in results. Rasta Jeff has made one of my favorite strains (The Cream), but out of the other dozen or so plants of his I ran it was all just good smoke. A lot of it was leaning towards the same Arise flavor and effect profile from the dad. Even some Duke Diamond plants I have grown ended up being pack-hunt strains instead of a winner in every girl.

That is my seed buying report. I will continue to go to Humbolt CSI for my Chemdog, and maybe some of the Notso-crosses if they pan out. But Dagga has the for sale packs I want at a reasonable price (try finding Freeborn on SHN for $120) and while some of the freebies have not been a flavor I think I'll like, none seem to have been throw-away's. When you get a freebie you are as excited to drop as what you bought - that's MONEY

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
👆:unsure: 🥴🤪
🤷‍♂️
Irene Colombian - the older mom plant - maybe she won't be edibles after all.
I weighed up an ounce to seal up for long term storage, and ground up the left over for pre-rolls.
She still smells like a dirty hippy, with a hint of perfume/inscence but the high is maturing if that makes sense.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I am not a "fanboy" of any particular human being - that ain't me.

I have a lot of respect a few breeders who I have heard on the podcasts and liked their view on cannabis, the effects, grow style, or just life in general - and then that was backed up by growing their stuff and not getting disappointed. So far everything I have grown from Freeborn has been top notch with great highs. Some have grown for shit and I don't care because - the high.

I seem to prefer breeders stuff that were growing guerilla before legality was more than a pipe dream. They like the weed that I remember and still have it, or have bred for things that are similar or collected it.

707 Seedbank same way. The classics he has worked into his own lines are worth the price of admission, but the male he uses leaves the mom profile pretty much untouched or he doesn't release it - or like with the Bees Knees he'll say that it's a mess of variety. Kush Cleaner male doesn't seem to add to anything but potency, and maybe structure because they are all sturdy plants. That said, if he has a worked line crossed with that male I'll buy the $50 pack and hunt through it instead of the $200 pack. Lemon Tree (Triple Sec) was the one where I bought both. The Betsy $200 pack I bought the Fruit Jam for $50 instead. If I like it enough I may try The Betsy, but I doubt it.

For a person without access to hype cuts, or there are no S1's of the clone-only's you trust, the Kush Cleaner crosses would be my suggestion. If everyone is talking about Zkittles and you want to try it, a pack of the Bay Breeze would be the best way to get a taste.

I go with public opinion and hype for some, or hear them on a podcast and admire their story or where they've been or what they have done, and invest to find out. JJ from Top Dawg all I grew was the T-star TrinityxChem plant. I bought it because it was Trinity x Chem like the Dogma from 707 that was no longer available. The first plant was above top shelf so I grew a second - and got the same or better. I was able to get a second pack to hang on to while I still have some of the first. That's banked. Now I have Dirty Taxy and Jane Doe Skunk to see if he is on the list or if I just like the Trinity crosses.

There are also those that I have found that are hit and miss with some wild variation in results. Rasta Jeff has made one of my favorite strains (The Cream), but out of the other dozen or so plants of his I ran it was all just good smoke. A lot of it was leaning towards the same Arise flavor and effect profile from the dad. Even some Duke Diamond plants I have grown ended up being pack-hunt strains instead of a winner in every girl.

That is my seed buying report. I will continue to go to Humbolt CSI for my Chemdog, and maybe some of the Notso-crosses if they pan out. But Dagga has the for sale packs I want at a reasonable price (try finding Freeborn on SHN for $120) and while some of the freebies have not been a flavor I think I'll like, none seem to have been throw-away's. When you get a freebie you are as excited to drop as what you bought - that's MONEY
thanks for the insight@H.A.F.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Duck season is over. Both plants were chopped when they threw a nanner. No hate - they were just done. The thing with them is that the flowers are all foxtails clumped together so there is constantly new growth, new pistils, new trichomes... Anyway, the tall closet had the Big Bad Wolf and the Fruit Jam now, I could fit everything in the two tents but it would be crowded. I got the Durban Poison (girl) and the Dank Sinatra (probably a girl) into 5g pots. The Wifi OG is looking like a girl but she's in a bigger pot and can wait. Those 1/2g pots may be alright, but up-potting to 1g before flip would need to be part of the new plan.Pics of that stuff tonight.

This is with and without bondage LOL
IMG_6252.JPG IMG_6255.JPG
Chopped 5 days apart, one a day over 13 and one a day before 14 weeks. Both weighed exactly 275g wet, and the first one has already tightened up quite a bit. Shrinkage is perfectly cool with the airy plants. I need to go back and find a pic when I flipped them at about 10 days. That is the little catpiss hanging up front
IMG_6256.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This was flip-day (4/25), when I could see that they were all ducksfoot. I am counting flower time from 2 weeks later when they started showing. There were 4 girls and a boy, and I culled 2 girls because I wasn't committing to 4 - could have probably run one because there is no difference I can see or smell.
1691669849007.png

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
This was flip-day (4/25), when I could see that they were all ducksfoot. I am counting flower time from 2 weeks later when they started showing. There were 4 girls and a boy, and I culled 2 girls because I wasn't committing to 4 - could have probably run one because there is no difference I can see or smell.
View attachment 129634
@H.A.F.does the ducksfoot put out bud to match weight with the regs,how does the buzz stand up compaired to the regs?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@H.A.F.does the ducksfoot put out bud to match weight with the regs,how does the buzz stand up compaired to the regs?
These were regs, not sure what you are asking. I generally get about two zips per plant average. some closer to one, some closer to three. In the living soil most of the plants have been taking about 9-10 weeks. These took about 4 weeks longer and I'll get about 2.5 for one plant of larfy bud. Lots of volume, but the weight is the same as the non-mutant plants. The high is supposed to be a trip though so that's what I am hoping. Also, since they took so long I know they need to cure long as well. I won't be bothering to try them early and spoil the surprise LOL.