The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
IMG_5672.JPG
First - the Delerium Dog had a regular size harvest for me, probably around 2 zips. The flower is rather 'crumbly' of that makes sense. I buck snip all the sugar leaves I can get to the stems on, the I break up the tops as needed if they have any 'soft green' sugar leaves at the nodes. On most flower I can gently open the flower to get a good tug on the leaf and yank it at the stem. This flower the lower part of the flower would break off and frost drops everywhere. SOOOPER stoney stuff. It's day-wrecker shit. i was gonna do some stuff today... Sweet chemical cleaner funk.

Below that is the Cherrywest. Not frosty much except right at the nug. Very colorful - and one hitter quitter stuff. I got less than half an ounce off that runty plant but I do have a larger clone of it going now. This has a kind of generic sweet smell at the moment but a LOT of it. As it cures (if it cures LOL) that may end up cherry - who knows.

The Chiltepin pepper I grew in the tent this winter is outside and full of peppers again after a re-veg. Other than a few I ate off the tree this is the winter harvest - plus three from outside. I have a variety of peppers going now. The sweet ones I eat fresh but I prefer the hot ones cried and crushed like the red pepper flakes you get with good pizza. I think that will be the best way to compare them as well to see what I want lots of.
IMG_5674.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Why plant morning glories with the tomatoes? Why not LOL
IMG_5705.JPG
The champion mullein this year is at 5' already and not stopping soon. I have several others, including a little patch of mini ones in the background that have flowering ones and new ones all together.
IMG_5687.JPG
Guys have red eyes, so this is a girl. She has made a home under some black turtle beans :ROFLMAO: (that just hit me) but she makes her rounds every morning before it gets hot., eats some bugs and takes a bath.
IMG_5704.JPG
Oh. Weed stuff. The flower areas are all doing well. Seems I rearrange what is in each tent every watering as some grows and some slows.
IMG_5696.JPGIMG_5697.JPG
That's the first Irene clone in the front, she may come off the shelf before she's done stretching. I really really really hope I like the Ducksfoot smoke.
IMG_5699.JPG
There's gonna be a LOT.
IMG_5700.JPG
Veg pic is from last night but this morning I shifted the seedling dome to this tent to get air moving through the vent holes. I think the Bees Knees are gonna get the axe. Growing well but only one has a limb and it's at the very bottom waiting to be cloned or pruned. I have two that have different smells presenting in flower and it's one of the cheap packs from 707. I have more and if I like it that much or want to hunt more I can buy more. I need to up-pot the other three and let them veg in their new pots and get the cover crops going.
IMG_5702.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
on the Catpiss and Lemon Tree. After getting the Lemon Tree mom into a jar I think getting rid of all the inner growth matters more than the lower growth. The top ain't gonna be that far from the bottom that light penetration/intensity matters. Getting all the extra limbs and foliage out of the middle of a plant that is not gonna grow fast is the ticket. Short-ass node spacing transfers to every limb on the plant and that first node on each limb makes the trunk area a hot mess.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
on the Catpiss and Lemon Tree. After getting the Lemon Tree mom into a jar I think getting rid of all the inner growth matters more than the lower growth. The top ain't gonna be that far from the bottom that light penetration/intensity matters. Getting all the extra limbs and foliage out of the middle of a plant that is not gonna grow fast is the ticket. Short-ass node spacing transfers to every limb on the plant and that first node on each limb makes the trunk area a hot mess.
@H.A.F.what bunch has the ducksfoot beans? it depends on your smoke report , if i go down that rabbit hole,or it could be like the freakshow

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@H.A.F.what bunch has the ducksfoot beans? it depends on your smoke report , if i go down that rabbit hole,or it could be like the freakshow
I am past 'hype' and novelty. I thought about trying both a ducksfoot variety and some ABC. I decided against the ABC becaise it is like the freakshow - a novelty with some "daytime smoke" that may be upper-level mids if you're lucky. I got these because the smoke is supposed to be stellar. So far his description is exactly what I am seeing

"Nigerian duckfoot is a long flowering, narrow leafed, African Sativa. It can flower flower up to 16 weeks and grows airy fox-tailing resinous buds that form giant clusters. The effects are pure sativa… energetic, uplifting, cerebral, and at times a little trippy."

Nigerian Ducksfoot - Nigerian Landrace (Duckfoot Pheno) x Acer 1 ( Duckfoot Line) - Dagga Garden

The fact that it was only $50 for 20 beans tipped the scale. And I think I got 25 or 26 beans.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Storm blew through and had power out for 6 hours. Window's open for air and I could hear chainsaws going maybe a mile away. Chainsaws stopped, there was a wierd humming noise - probably a truck generator lighting the work for about 15 minutes, then the lights came on.

I closed the bedroom tight and opened the tents and closet so there was no humidity build up and they seemed fine when I got the lights back on.

The 6 hours stretched four hours into lights on, so the decision was that they had a cloudy day for a few hours and the sun came out. I set the timers to the correct time and let them lose the 4 hours. I don't think having a short day will effect them like it would if the lights were on for a few hours already then the power went out.

I am thinking that the plants I have at 8 weeks looking to go 9 or more might be the first suspects to toss a top nanner. The ones just at the 4 week mark will have a lower nut lookout posted.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I am past 'hype' and novelty. I thought about trying both a ducksfoot variety and some ABC. I decided against the ABC becaise it is like the freakshow - a novelty with some "daytime smoke" that may be upper-level mids if you're lucky. I got these because the smoke is supposed to be stellar. So far his description is exactly what I am seeing

"Nigerian duckfoot is a long flowering, narrow leafed, African Sativa. It can flower flower up to 16 weeks and grows airy fox-tailing resinous buds that form giant clusters. The effects are pure sativa… energetic, uplifting, cerebral, and at times a little trippy."

Nigerian Ducksfoot - Nigerian Landrace (Duckfoot Pheno) x Acer 1 ( Duckfoot Line) - Dagga Garden

The fact that it was only $50 for 20 beans tipped the scale. And I think I got 25 or 26 beans.
thanks@H.A.F.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Potting up some of the veg plants tonight so pics of that later. Here's now
IMG_5715.JPG
The flower tents are fine, but I have no idea how long a herm would take to show up if the lighting issue triggered it.
IMG_5713.JPG
The Catpiss looks to put out a respectable amount of flower for a tiny plant.
IMG_5714.JPG
In other news, it was a get high and forage morning when I saw a few shrooms popping. I collect stuff for compost, but also ID any cool ones and see what's up. I have a small area with chantarelles (the yellow ones). Not eating them but they are edible. The poisonous if eaten shrooms go into my indoor bokashi compost that has all the plant roots in it and other prime goodies. The food-grade shrooms went right to the worm bin. IMG_5717.JPG
Big red Chadwick and regular size red A Grappoli D'Inverno cherries, purple Rosella, Yellow Gold, Evil Olive, and a Phils One. Definitely an oddity. The big tomatoes are doing half ass production-wise and only a few picked pre-ripe so far to take weight off the vine as soon as they started turning.
IMG_5718.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a good bit of kief saved up. I keep the strains separate until I try the smoke, and some gets finished as bowl-toppers. But if it's still around when I chop the next plants it goes in the jar. I pulled ot an ounce to decarb.
IMG_5723.JPG
The nutty, toasty smell is delicious, and less than a gram of water loss so the dry on it was pretty good.
IMG_5724.JPG
And the same goes with finger hash. Most is harsh or just not tasty. It melts during the process. This is just to get dissolved for RSO.
IMG_5727.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
point taken , i have some doing the same thing ,wont hurt my feelings to trim the inners .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
point taken , i have some doing the same thing ,wont hurt my feelings to trim the inners .
I have just been in too much of a hurry to drop and flip. I have the room to let some veg for however long they want. But now I know what to be doing while they are vegging.

Like the Catpiss though I think lots of tops is better than a 4-top like most I do. Not enough meat there since the main flower density will be the top.

The Lemon Tree is the clone long-vegging to get some weight. She's the lower right in that veg tent pic. The dense, shady, shrubby one. I am re-potting so she gets new soil and all the bennies that go with that, so I'll defoliate her at the same time and let her get used to everything at once.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I have just been in too much of a hurry to drop and flip. I have the room to let some veg for however long they want. But now I know what to be doing while they are vegging.

Like the Catpiss though I think lots of tops is better than a 4-top like most I do. Not enough meat there since the main flower density will be the top.

The Lemon Tree is the clone long-vegging to get some weight. She's the lower right in that veg tent pic. The dense, shady, shrubby one. I am re-potting so she gets new soil and all the bennies that go with that, so I'll defoliate her at the same time and let her get used to everything at once.
foe from the looks of this round the guy(james ?) at build a soil ,has really helped these in veg been cuting day hours for weeks now down to 13 day 11 dark ,won't take much more for them to turn on.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
foe from the looks of this round the guy(james ?) at build a soil ,has really helped these in veg been cuting day hours for weeks now down to 13 day 11 dark ,won't take much more for them to turn on.
I think I see what you're saying. I can't do a gradual light cycle adjustment because I have shit in all stages of flower in the same tent.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Finally got off my ass and potted the three in veg. The Chemdog got a 7g, the Chromatic and Lemon Tree both got 5g and will flip in a few days. Nothing was crazy rootbound, but they were needing water almost every day. Just good drinkers I guess
IMG_5735.JPG
I moved both Irene clones in here with the ducks. The mom is a short 4-top but these vegged long enough to have that stretch after flip.
IMG_5736.JPG
The mom is front left, at 10 weeks and chilling.
IMG_5738.JPG
Dogma is the only thing getting close. Beautiful fade, but I think I'll have to ignore the new pistils. There's already the od amber heare and there, about 8 weeks on her. Bonus photo-bomb from the jurassic leaves on the Big Bad Wolf. I had to prune the lower ones away because the limbs were pressing up aginst the underside of the leaves.
IMG_5739.JPG
And in here I have the space ther for the Chromatic and Lemon Tree. I'll probably flip them when I up-pot the cups.
IMG_5748.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Listening to one of the Potcasts with Jackson/Mean Gene and since I have his stuff going now I was paying more attention.

The cherry stuff is colorful, but not frosty like a lot of stuff.

I remember @J.James telling me about cherry strains being finicky plants and needing cold curing when I considered dropping big bucks on a cherry strain from Aficianado. I knew I wasn't that grower yet (still measuring pH from bottles and killing stuff)

Turns out that really doesn't matter, unless you are worried about looks. It also explains a lot about everything when people consider old smoke they had that was killer, but never pretty. It's the OIL!

There's something in the terp that makes the cherry smell that eats the waxy resin gland coatings and releases the oil.
Warmer temps speed that process.
Oil does not evaporate, it soaks into the flowers and gives them a darker color
and if you know fire science, burning oil will make a black smoke and BLACK ASH (myth busted)
moisture and oil make black ash, you can't flush a mineral out of a plant.
Flushing cleans salt buildup out of the medium, and starves plants trying to ripen.
Carefully handled weed can still get oily instead of staying frosty.
COMPRESSED buds of all quality will not be real frosty.
Some of the compressed "brickweed" we got back in the day was shit, but some really got you lit.
cold storage can slow that breakdown in all flower.

Whew! LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And then my AC shit the bed. Got a dude coming out this morning for the low low price of $130 just to take a peek.

Anyone know of a good home warranty company like te American Homeshield thing? I have been here 5 years and everything was new when I moved in except the AC. Everything is likely to start going south soon so paying a $100 cover charge to get a new fridge can be worth a minimal monthly investment. But sometimes it's better to just tuck that cash away yourself each month so it's there when you need a new oven... With the price of everything going up rapidly it might be time to get in before they adjust their contracts.

Luckily it only got up to 80 in the house, and I bumped up the fans to keep the rH from being an issue, but the plants loved it since I am usually running mid 70's for temps.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So being rural has it's advantages. The downside is I am in debt almost 10k for a new heating and AC package. - the upside is the guy showed up with a window unit in the back of his truck, and they'll try to get started Monday, Tuesday latest. So I still went out and dropped another $300 for a portable AC to take care of a few more rooms.

Plants didn't mind the heat, but it only got up to 80 inside with the lights off in the tents. I had stuff cooling down before they came on tonight. Gave 'em all a nice cool drink to make up for it.

But in the parts of the house I'm cutting off it's pretty harsh. I shut down the 3x3 room and flipped the three I uppotted because that's in a cool room. I have the seedlings in the mini tent on a cart I rolled into the living room to plug in.

I have two plants I would harvest - but they can wait until next week after I have the new AC. I am not goint to try to dry stuff in less than optimum conditions if I can help it. Fuck pic's tho. I just logged in to change the flip dates in the signature block LOL

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Oof, are they working on existing ducts or are they building frames around new ductwork? Hopefully they get you squared away soon amigo.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oof, are they working on existing ducts or are they building frames around new ductwork? Hopefully they get you squared away soon amigo.
I have(had) an outside only "gas pack" with electric cooling and gas heat. I am getting a more eficient unit that is all electric. The indoor and outdoor unit, the copper to connect them, drain pan, pads to set them on, running a new breaker and disconnect, etc. The install price is reasonable compared to the equipment price, which has gone up with everrything else. .

And he was showing me his cost for each from the supply warehouse and was and bitching about it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Having "hot and cold" rooms made me do some rearranging. The seedling already mentioned in their portable house
IMG_5766.JPG
All seem happy enough, the Fruit Jam have taken off
IMG_5769.JPG
Only one slacker in the bunch but it's straightened out and will be fine after transplant.
IMG_5770.JPG
But I had to move my indoor lettuce assortment out to the living room too. Adding a few BTU's to the room but the lettuce does not like the heat.
IMG_5772.JPG
The craziest thing is on the bottom shelf. Instead of just trying to flatten a cardboard packing thing I filled it with soil. I have never had ground cherries do well because they get bug eaten before they get going. I put a 6'pack into the cardboard pot so I could just transplant the whole thing into the ground, but I may have found an indoor fruit crop. Nit sure if they'll pollenate but I'll know in a week. They can still go outside but may shift to the veg tent after stuff gets sorted.
IMG_5774.JPG