The James Gang

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
i have - I bought a 3-pack of feminized "creature panic" from Solfire and got a straight up dude - no pistils or herms, complete sausage fest.

As it turns out that was my last purchase from Seedsherenow. Not because of the male/feminized thing but becaue I could tell no one. The customer service bitch would not forward an e-mail to the owner, the breeder, no one, and said she can reimburse me $10 for the bean, and if I don't like it she can just close my account...

Something interesting is that SHN has a policy that no matter how long you do business with them, you get 3 replacements for breeders genetic fuck-ups or duds due to poor storage or any other concern. Mine were already used and I think they store their beans in his garage.

I had the chance to mention it to that James Bean dude in a live chat on some podcast and his reply was I must be a poor grower to need those three replacements.

Fuck SeedsHereNow, James Bean, and that t-wat Becky. Probably his wife or something.
Thankgoodness I have never succefully made a purchase from SHN out of what I wanted or most often page crashed so I know not to even bother with their shit here now.... To many good places to buy seeds I really don't need 😬

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thankgoodness I have never succefully made a purchase from SHN out of what I wanted or most often page crashed so I know not to even bother with their shit here now.... To many good places to buy seeds I really don't need 😬
They were the first I found that would just take a debit card. That was the only draw. I hate mail-n-wait.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have beans getting wet as soon as 4/20 rolls around, should be able to get them in cups tomorrow evening. Everything got watered tonight. The clones got company, All on the right are pairs of clones, the left is the Catpiss mini-me and the smaller Cherrywest. Maybe under 60W of light they stretch?
IMG_4626.JPG
The babies are probably getting 1g tomorrow night when I cup the seeds. I think I have 5 ducksfoot plants, compared to the status of all the others those leaves are different. Those will get flipped as soon as they get settled in a 1g since they take 16 weeks. That way they flower as soon as maturity makes it possible.
IMG_4637.JPG
I took the seed leaves and any sprouts off these. The Irene had respectable limbs on all three coming off the seed-leaf node. I think they get flipped soon too, very vigorous. The Lemon Tree have zero limbs to speak of so I'll be waiting to clone the tops on them. Cherrywest 1 is the cabbage leaf looking one back left, and the Cronus Sour back right is a beautiful little plant structure-wise.
IMG_4639.JPG
In here the Triple Sec tossed nuts, nothing open but not pluckable. The one Delirium Dog 4-top showed a pistil so I did a quick yank on the TS and jammed the DD in it's place. I need to toss some rice hulls back on top LOL
IMG_4641.JPG
And this room is just getting plump.
IMG_4643 (2).JPG
On the random seeds I popped for outside flowers and stuff for outrside I picked a few to keep inside. Many I have both inside and out, but they'll all end up outside except a few. This is a Balsam. When it blooms it's supposed to be cool, but I like it fine with no blooms. It's like a palm tree. But the trunk is as smooth as a baby's ass.
IMG_4630.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Drop for 4/20 - 20 beans
5 Disorderly Conduct by Black Market Breeders: GMO x Epsteins Island. There were 5 in the pack.

3 Mojito from Swamp Boys: Limegerian x Orange Blossom Trail (Skunk1 pheno)
2 707 Catpiss
2 707 Mayday: ChemD x Kush Cleaner
2 707 Bees Knees: GMO x Kush Cleaner
And a 3-pack of CLHP to test those packs.

And one each
Golden Goat from Irie
Cotton Candy Cookies from Ethos
Cement Shoes from Cult Classics

The last two I had one bean each and cleared a line item from the seed bank LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I dropped beans for 4/20 but didn't buy any. Aint that some shit.

20 beans in the soil, needed the three larger cups to hold the other cups up without dropping a few more beans in the little cups.
IMG_4647.JPG
And 10 cups to up-pot to 1g. The older plants are sort of shielding them from the wind reflected off the wall from the fan.
IMG_4645.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I haven't done this in a while so here's my seed starting gear. The mini-tent is on a little tabletop. Very handy.

I use filtered water but I put a few drops of h2o2 in there because there was a reason and I forget why but it works. I notice lots of bubbles around the seeds and they float and sink randomly. Then after a few hours I'll sprits them with some microbial innoculant like recharge. I have a spray bottle of water ready when the soak is done with the microbes and Rootwise mico's - very little but it's there. I use that to water the seeds into slightly moist, generic seed starting soil.

I don't use a heat mat with seeds other than getting and keeping the soak water warm. A 10x20 tray so the cups are not right on the mat, a holer so I don't tip cups over, and a smaller tray to cover it and keep the heat in.
IMG_4649.JPG IMG_4650.JPG IMG_4648.JPG
I use a dome to keep light heat in, and there is a small 3" in line duct fan on top as an exhaust. It's barely on just so it doesn't turn into an oven and cook them. One 65w HLG board lit with another in reserve that I'l light as soon as they start popping.

I have the smaller domes this time just to hold up the cups easier. A big tray with 20 small cups and no cup-holder - Instant karma, the bad kind. Cup holders for the seedlings, the soak cups, you can see the effort I put into making it oops-proof. I can oops stuf like nobodies business.

I also have the cup in cup thing going on so that there are no holes on the outer cup. I can just pour some water in the bottom of the tray to evaporate and keep the rH up, without worrying about it soaking into the bottom of regular pots with holes and damping stuff off.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is just planning notes, getting a "plan A" together so I have something to adjust.

I just did the math - 49 plants in varous stages 🤷‍♂️ Now that all the garden plants are outside and on cruise control I guess I was bored.

I did drop a few mid cycle on the full moon but that just means I have lots of regs in veg that will get culled. But I may actually cull a female if I get more than two Ducksfoot. I am thinking about either having them in 7g or dropping two in a 15g. Depending on size I might keep three in a 15g. That's way down the road though. They seem vigorous and I expect the'll need topped.

I have 17 plants in the closet and if I flip more than 2-3 that I can shove in a flower tent it goes 12/12. But realistically I can't fit much more in the tents without creating issues. So that was gonna happen anyway, and maybe the mini tent too. That's perfectly big enough to sex plants in 1g's.

The clone tent has plenty of room. I have double mom's that can get thinned to one plant, and some of those I am not keeping. They are refreshing my memory on how flower clones do and I am not taking any more of those. Stupid lot of nodes everywhere, frosty and with random pistils in veg, and a pruning nightmare if you don't want PM.

I have the two T-star regular veg clones that I need to keep one of, but will keep to and flip one if I need a space-filler (yeah right LOL)

I will also be keeping one of the Millionaire flowere clones just to see if/when it ever puts out normal growth.

All meaning I have plenty of room for the veg plants I am not flipping, the clones from any plants I do flip, and if necessary the seed domes in the 3x3.

For now the clones in cups and little pots are making worm food and not hurting anything. Let 'em grow

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'll be flipping more stuff soon so I made room. I have to remind myself this is't about producing lots of smoke - that's why I am saving clones.
Today I got clones for 5 plants that were almost-ready-enough-ish. Whatever, all I need is roots. I took the top and the two 3-toed-node branches from the 3 Irene, the Cronus Sour, and one of the Cherry west. The second Cherrywest and Catpiss are in here with those new clones. Not keeping most of what's on the right.
IMG_4656.JPG
Mainly because of this that you get with flower clones. Looking at that lower branch, each little node will produce a tertiary limb.
IMG_4659.JPG
In here, the 5 that got topped may or may not flip before the 5 Ducksfoot. As soon as another node grows on them they flip.
The newly minted 4-tops will flip as soon as the limbs show some stretch. Lemon Tree are just slow.
IMG_4655.JPG
Made room in here to shove lots of plants
IMG_4654.JPG
By tightening all these up and shifting the shorty Morning Brew over. I used rubber-coated wire to snug some limbs in towards the trunk then snipped off any scrunchd up leaves. There is dankness in here.
IMG_4651.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I love when stuff sorts itself out. This is 2 weeks so the Ducks are flipped. They won't show for 2 weeks or more, but as soon as they are mature enough they'll show.
IMG_4663.JPG
So what is left is easy to visualize. The 5 4-tops will be ready to flip in a week or less, but I'll probably flip the closet. The 5 younger ones can fit in the mini tent or clone tent.
IMG_4662.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Are you doing small trees or single colas on any of them?
It's gonna be a split. Since I am taking clones that top clone is easiest to snag, but on the shorties like the Lemon Tree with no branches I'll probably let the grow out as is waiting for something to clone. They grow all vertical instead of lateral and can stay within the pot diameter. I can fit 9 4-tops in a tent but only about 6 trees.

The 4 tops are way easier to have a crowd of.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was just thinking about the cloning thing. The Lemon Tree short, broad-leaf types that aren't branching also aren't spreading out past the pot edge like regular trees

It's not gonna be the best, but the best available option might be to go for lots of flower sites up the stalk before taking the top few for a clone. Maybe during the waiting a few of the lower limbs stretch out.

But I think the Lemon Tree will go in the clone tent to stretch and then jump back into the mix whenever they are ready. That will make 4 with the Cherrywest and the Catpiss.

I may go ahead and flip the mini 4-tops now. Back to that different mindset of knowing I have a clone if I want more of that particular smoke. I was thinking about waiting until stuff rooted but I think Karma can sort that out. I should be able to get one of three clones to root

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So another tickmark on that list.

I bought my first expensive pack of seeds from SHN. I got the 007up from Swamp Boys. I don't remember the price so no clue if it is actually expensive relatively since I have bought a lot of beans, but at the time it was expensive.

It was also my very first "Hey fuck-tard, 2 beans popped and I got one girl out of a dozen beans"

They were out of that cross so I picked the Mojito as a replacement (cash back was not an option)

I dropped 3 Mojito right after I got the pack and got no plants - hence no smoke.

I dropped three more 4/20 and got another three duds.

I just dropped the remaining 6 in water and I'm not putting anything in soil unless I see a tail.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It was a pretty lame drop. What popped will be fire but many didn't. It was all expectable though.

2 of the three CLHP were duds, and the other I excavated and stuck upright and it looks like it will survive. I am pretty convinced now that the seeds had been on a cool storage area, and that the loss of power from the hurricane may have caused some condensation or something making most not viable. Which sucks because they are the packs I sent to Peter at FCP to hand out. Oh well. I have 5 full pre-hurricane packs that I know are good. I'll probably drop a 3-pack each drop until they're gone and kee a mom if any make it. Jury is still out on the currrent one but it did pop.

One of the two Catpiss popped and stopped. 1/2" tail then nothing. The other is good though.
The Cement Shoes was another excavation, it is temporarily vertical. It was a gift (1 of 3) and the previous 2 were duds.
Out of the 5 freebie Disorderly Conduct GMO crosses I was excited about I may have one plant. it popped but the coty's look half sealed on the sides like it won't open.

I'll finish excavating tonight and see if anything else can be salvaged. The DC and the Mojito are still untouched.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Swamp Boys are supposedly legit breeders. When I get two separate packs with two completely different mom's and dad's and both have shit germ rates - I have to blame it on the storage practices of the seller.

I like my variety but since I'll have moms I can snag a clone from and make fire I think it's time to start dropping packs or half packs on the regs. I can do two strains or pick one that should have several phenos then rock the clone thing in case find a winner.

I have several low-count packs from previous drops and/or freebies that can combine for variety drops and still serve the purpose if I get bored.