The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am using my Ardent decarbed weed and my Magical Butter machine to make some plain ol' canna butter.

People wondering "WTF does he do with all that weed???"

If it's good stuff but just past it's prime, or I lost interest because of the new-new of the same variety, I'll decarb it.

I had four 8oz jars of 6 strains decarbed, so I weighted it. I want to do a recipe-batch of butter instead of my version of making it as strong as possible. The recipe calls for 7-14g per cup of butter, and I obviously chose the 14g...

It takes 3 cups to get the butter machine past the "low" mark so I did the math and weighed out 42g of flower and tossed it in - without a blink.

The me of 3-4 years ago would be shitting bricks. So in 2hrs I'll get a pic. I need to find 3c worth of silicone molds to hold it all now.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Pro-tip: use clarified butter so the fats don't turn rancid over time. The bigger the batch you make, the longer you can have confidence in the right dose once you figure it out.

You can clarify butter i just a few minutes instead of it being a long process. Bring butter just to a simmer then add corn starch. About 2 tablespoons for a pound of butter but it's not that important - sift it in and wisk it though so it doesn't clump. Bring it just to a boil then remove it from heat. Milk solids bind to the corn starch and sink. You can literally pour out the clean butter, but you can use a fine strainer of filter to get more butter out of it.

* the solids you pull out are great as a gravy thickener 😜

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In the clone tent I bumped it up to 80w since I have regular plants in there vegging. The Mojito seeds stay in the little cup until they tail or rot. The re-veg is not in question now for the flower clones, It just started different from what I remember. They were all thinned to one clone.
IMG_4689.JPG
The Catpiss-mini is just so darn cute LOL
IMG_4691.JPG
And the Lemon Tree are in here because this
IMG_4692.JPG
The seedlings that remain, and the ones from the Ducksfoot drop that are not flipping.
IMG_4664.JPG
Not a bad line-up
IMG_4665.JPG
These were the problem children. The DC lower left is the one that looks sealed on the sides of the coty's. The Cement Shoes had a little skin holding the leaves together and it may get past this. The CLHP has gotten past it.
IMG_4666.JPG
This was the Ducksfoot before I took the seed leaves and sprouts. All are super vigoruous so I wasn't worried about taking them this early. Very distinctive twist on what should have been the 3-toed leaf, then the duck starts. Cool ;)
IMG_4670.JPG
Shifted the ducks back in here and flipped the closet. The 4-tops will make taster smoke and maybe more, and I have clones. The deciding point for pruning the ducks was some of those seed leaves were laying on the wet rice hulls.
IMG_4671.JPG
And each of these tents is 'optimized' for the lights. There are 4 boards in this tent so 4 plants is perfect. Orange gasm lower right is on point. It has been happy all day every day.
IMG_4687.JPG
And finally, the bar-lights is optimum with as many plants as can fit.
IMG_4686.JPG
The Morning Brew lower left is probably closest.
IMG_4673.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Slowdrawl I was grinding up flowers last night and thought you should see this. My Deep Chunk. I had 2 plants, 7 tops. I busted everything down because it was so dense and I had a little more than this to start with. I have taken out a few sesh's of it but not much. I left the one "big" top together because it didn't look like a possible future mold problem. The buzz is stellar, and the taste isn't bad - but it ain't worth it - I also got a half a pack of seeds from it - found 2 more grinding up about half of that. I think dried the whole harvest would fit in a few film cannisters.
IMG_4694.JPG

Last edited:

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
@Slowdrawl I was grinding up flowers last night and thought you should see this. My Deep Chunk. I had 2 plants, 7 tops. I busted everything down because it was so dense and I had a little more than this to start with. I have taken out a few sesh's of it but not much. I left the one "big" top together because it didn't look like a possible future mold problem. The buzz is stellar, and the taste isn't bad - but it ain't worth it - I also got a half a pack of seeds from it - found 2 more grinding up about half of that. I think dried the whole harvest would fit in a few film cannisters.
View attachment 127459
Thx for the insight man.
I can only hope for the best and keep them healthy.
Sucks to hear they might herm as well.
Had a Deputy plant from GPS that never showed any signs of herming that I could see.
Found a handful of seeds deep inside a few buds later on.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I found 2 nuts on the Cowboy Caviar and pulled it at 7 weeks, then I noticed the fact that it was pretty much done. The top was the only thing with new growth and the lowers were all done enough and sugary looking. And the smell is amazingly dank. It's a sour/OG/chem smell and it's loud.
210g wet so about 2 zips dry. Not great pics. On the second one you can of see the milky valleys in the nugs I am talking about - I would have let it go longer but probably not 8 weeks. I'd say it's about 60% milky with very little amber but there's a few.
IMG_4711.JPG IMG_4712.JPG
This is the first of the cloned plants I harvested.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So the debate is whether or not the 2 nuts are cull-worthy for the clone.

They werre easy to see (because I always look) and those two were the only ones. After the leafes were gone I held it upside down and looked everywhere and found none.

It'll be about the smoke first, then maybe seeing if the clone is more stable than the early-flip seed plant.

I do know that me flipping before plants are mature could be causing some herms. I can live with that.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wow. I got one of those heat plates with a magnetic stirrer and I just cooked down a handle of everclear tincture into one of those mini-jelly-jar size mason jars of pure RSO. It's thick so after it cools I'll have to thin it with something to get it into disposabe oral syringes for dosing or just measurement for recipes.

I have an abundance so after all is said and done I clean everything so next time I start with new everything. First cleaning this time I used about 1/4 everclear and a silicone brush just to disolve the oil on the pyrex pitcher into something I could pour into a second jar. I'll just let that evaporate naturally. First run was 1/2c of crude oil. Thhat second rinse of of the equipment will probably be a tablespoon more.

Then I washed the shit out of it with iso

Soooooooooo there was this decent size drop that missed the jar and happened to get wiped up by me and then eaten. It was on silicone and viscous, so it stood tall and wasn't a flat water-drop. In general it was the size of a tiny pea.

And it's o-dark-30 and I just found that other ammo can of veggie seeds I wanted to look through, and ended up sorting through everything and planting some cucumber seeds where the starts I put out were a little bug eaten and not doing well.

I now know/remember/realize why you thin it with some kind of edible oil like coconut or EVOO

It's not just thinning the viscosity for ease of use. It's for ease of dosing. Hole Shmolly :ROFLMAO: 😜 my ears are ringing - can you hear that??? Wow.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For clarification of the above ramble.

Everclear - actually the 190proof knock-off called crystal something or other

Handle = the big bottle, not the small one. There's only two adult sizes ;)

1/2c = 120ml

The tincture was made with decarbed flower. Mostly lower grade "good smoke" flower that I never smoked all of. I would get one of those amer quart jars filled with decarbed flower then let it soak for a day or two before straining it through a few strainers before finally a coffee filter.

Epiphany I had when I got the magic butter machine was is came with a "strainer" that was a bubble bag - GENIUS!

I think the final product is probably 50/50 crude oil/edible oil once it's thinned out to a usable viscosity. You can add in a bit of honey with the oil if you want so it doesn't taste like olive oil and pine tar. For now it's just in a jar in the fridge. Full spectrum sludge.

The last batch was running low and the dose on that batch so I wasn't sideways was about 1/2 of one of those 1ml syrynges of the final thinned out product.

:unsure:

That means this 120ml becomes 240ml which will likely be 480 doses which are not even a daily thing.

:unsure:

That means I can probably but the heated magnetic spinny thing away for a year or so.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So I took pictures of everything to check trichs. Got some shots of the tents.

It was enough to tell clear, milky, and amber but there was a big smudge right down the center of the lens.

It was likely the Millionaire grease. She was done tonight. Not a white pistil anywhere and most of the trichs were milky. Probably 75%.

Smells like what I imagined a gorila glue strain to smell like, dank and acetone.

I wonder if it's the weather warming up in general thatr has my plants finishing a little earlier. Winter runs everything was taking 9-10 weeks minimum.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I cullled the flower clones. Not worth the trouble and it might even fuck with the genetics I am trying to save. So I have 2 T-star clones and some slow regs outside the tray. The T-star are getting 1g tonight and one will probably flip for more smoke. Two Lemon Tree in the back are almost ready to get topped for a clone, as is the Cherrywest that looks just like those Mac1 x Orgi plants. That cabbage leaf thing isn't as prominent on the one I topped and flipped.
IMG_4777.JPG
The tray clones are from these 5, which are starting to show on a few. The Ducks had a pause after the up-pot and pruning but see to be starting back up. I have 7g pots ready for any of the Ducks that are girls but this is like a test run. I have 25 more beans to fuck with so these get the quick run. Nothing in here is feminized, so it could all go away in a week.
IMG_4781.JPG
The little Catpiss had limbs that were pushing up on the leaves so I took all the fan leaves and topped it. I have no clue if it's even female, or if I like the smoke. I have another seed popped and if it is also runty like this then we drop the pack and re-evaluate. But I am not keeping this as a mom so fuck it. Flip it.
IMG_4780.JPG
These are all doing great for being 5 plants under a 65w light with another off to the side. The babies have the vents open and the dome on when not being all photogenic.
IMG_4763.JPG
In flower I have the random tent with Orange Gasm and Strawburst in the back, the T-star and the little Delerium Dog up front. The Irie plants could lok into the seminary the way they are always praying.
IMG_4771.JPG
And the two-fers. Morning Brew up front, Sunkiss in the back. Each one whould be a different flavor.
IMG_4766.JPG
the short green and the tall purple MB will both be done soon. IMG_4769.JPG
The purp looks like one of those irridescent snakes that are a different color based on the angle of the light - really nice
IMG_4767.JPG
The Sunkiss won't be as short flowering plants as some were advertized, but probably 8.5-9wk. More pine than orange on both. The right one is darker overall and has thicker rails on the sugar leaves.
IMG_4770.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
No need for culling pics. Two of the Irene Columbian were dudes. Still one left to try for a girl, and the last one and the Cherrywest and Cronus Sour are all lookig to be feminine. As long as I get a girl to try I am not disappointed. I am still on that quest to try everything, but with taking cuts and letting some veg longer I might be reducing the number per drop. That said, the next drop will have any of these that I don't get a girl of.

So I culled the two Irene clones and added the second Cherrywest and two Lemon Tree to the dome. All I could get were tops to clone so it's one shot. It's the runty things so I'll wait to flip them until I see roots.

The newest Catpiss from seed looks to be another runt - like it's a strain thing. I am not up-potting it frim the mini-cupthis time until it get's rootbound. I just e-mailed Sha from 707 to see if he has any tricks - or will respond. I find if you toss in a pic of their plants you are more likely to get a response.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had two nanners on the Orange Gasm last night. I plucked them and am watching close. It was right up top so I may decapitate it and let the rest keep going and watch it. Nowhere near done. That's the only dark cloud, everything else is rollin'.

I don't like to garden in the am before lights out. I like being able to look at them or deal with issues but I don fuck with them - I plan though. Tonight I need to take 5 sets of clones, and I need to up-pot 8 babies.
IMG_4881.JPG
Two get nothing. One is the second Catpiss (in the rear) and I am letting it get a little rootbound first and see of that promotes vegetative growth. I moved it and the wonky Disorderly Conduct to the clone tent.
IMG_4879.JPG
It's a hot mess, butt still vertical and green.
IMG_4880.JPG

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I bet Rasta Jeff would take care of it if you bring it up. He seems very reasonable, especially if the grower has their shit squared away.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I bet Rasta Jeff would take care of it if you bring it up. He seems very reasonable, especially if the grower has their shit squared away.
I thought about it - but I don't need any more of his beans. It was a fem, and the only issus I have had with his beans have been fems. But that means i have more beans in that pack left - and I want more?

He tosses in enough freebies to make you second guess that initial response.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Fiddler's Green my bad - it was the Strawberry Starburst reg. One legged man in an ass kickin' contest tonight but I''l get pics after it sorted.

Potted 4 just rooted clones,
took cuts from 5 plants,
flipped the Cherrywest 2 and the three Dogma,
potted 8 of the seedlings to 1g, 4

and I'm getting the pots set for the 3 4-tops to go into 5g. The Irene Columbian showed, and while Cherrywest 1 and the Cronus Sour haven't shown, they have to be chicks. Males show by now. So all three get a pot and if I need to cull from a 5g oh well. I also moved the Hermberry Hermburst into the tent with the 4 almost finished girls. If there is accidental nannerization it won't have tome to fuck up the almost done girls.

Back to work LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The flower side of things:
The Sunkiss and Morning Brew plus the decapitated Hermberry Hermburst. I was looking at it close, couldn't see a thing wrong anymore, but also saw how fat everything was. It has too long to go for that to be a constant concern. If they pop back up now that I have stressed it - oh well. I have plenty of plants.
IMG_4905.JPG
She is just turning so about 3 weeks left - which puts it at an 11-ish week plant. I don't see it making it that long so I am resigned to fate.
IMG_4900.JPG
The flipside is the Morning Brew. Two pheno's I think 🤷‍♂️ 😜
IMG_4889.JPG
The purple people eater has another 7-10 days left but the green meanie is probably gone right at 9 weeks on the 9th.
IMG_4896.JPG
Putting on the milk and there's some amber in those nooks and crannies.
IMG_4897.JPG
T-star is in the 7g, and has two clones that I only need one of. As soon as there's a bare spot I need to fill I flip it for smoke.
Orange Gasm is under the fan, and the Delerium Dog looks like when I grow the Homecoming Queen. Tight and tiny but dense little frost-bombs when it's done. Irene is the only new girl, left and right are still androgenous.
IMG_4886.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Flip-closet is starting to rotate it's cast of characters. Since all I need is a taste of the smoke letting the little guys flip up's my plant count in each tent. The 4-tops don't spread like the trees, or can be trained so they don't. The cabbage leaf Cherrywest on the right and the three Dogma up front are the new flips.
IMG_4907.JPG
The 8 up-pots, the Catpiss mini and the Disorderly Conduct future compost plant are hiding in the middle.
IMG_4901.JPG
The T-star clones are back center and loving life. Right side is the ones I need at least a little stretch on before I flip. By the time the clones root they should be good.
IMG_4902.JPG
The heat-mat dome is full of tops. They seem to take longer to root and are prone to getting mushy sometimes. I'll let karma sort that out. When I get down to the last few beans in a pack I'll be more worried about keeping the genetics going.
IMG_4904.JPG
These are the few lower limb clones I had and they will be domed until I see roots at the cup edge. The Cronus Sour clone had nothing but nubs and the other was mush so it's just in damp soil. The top is still fine but if this roots I don't need it.
IMG_4903.JPG