The James Gang

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I even put a little VAM endo in the homemade potting mix ;)
I'm going to experiment with the endo and ecto shizz this season. I bought some pots, iso, jute twine from the dollar store to up-pot the bagged berries and grapes. But the cashier gave me the side eye when she saw the pantyhose lol. I'm waiting for the junebugs so I can fill them in with the rice and rolled oats.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm going to experiment with the endo and ecto shizz this season. I bought some pots, iso, jute twine from the dollar store to up-pot the bagged berries and grapes. But the cashier gave me the side eye when she saw the pantyhose lol. I'm waiting for the junebugs so I can fill them in with the rice and rolled oats.
I have probably 30-40 square yards of blackberries total in several patches on my property. In the past 5 years, those wild blackberries attract every Japanese beetle in the area. I have yet to see more than one or two oddballs in my veggie garden. Nature is great!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Last night was supposed to be my last one below 50F. Today my tomatoes go outside. Not sure about butting them in the ground but they get sunshine and cool night temps for a few. Might set the little pots in the soil to keep the temp more stable but where I can yank them out if needed for an unexpected frost.

The babies are so cute, look at that Cherrywest and the mini-me :giggle:
IMG_4529.JPG
And it's like as soon as I pulled the ugly diseased Golden Goat from the room everything else got happy.
  • The Delirium Dog are the back three and middle left, those don't flip on time. They took over a week to get right so that makes sense.
  • Middle and middle right are the two Triple Sec and they have no branching. Cloning the top would be the only option. I haven't tried them yet, I have a pack, and I can buy another pack if I want. They flip.
  • Orange Gasm fem - flips and gets a new pot asap.
  • The T-Star front right has two small but acceptable lower lateral branches for cloning. I am taking them and flipping.
  • The middle front is the 707 Adventure Pack mystery plant. She's a conundrum. No clue what it is, so unique. It is tall, but dainty and skinny, very vertical branching that is too tiny to clone but getting there - and can be flower clones is it's a girl... it flips.
IMG_4528.JPG
👆I just did a whole stoner wake-n-bake thing to decide my plants future - tonight before I get started I'll look at it again and see if it still seems legit. Plenty of room to flip some plants though.
IMG_4530.JPGIMG_4532.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since the decision is made, I have lights out in a few so I am shifting the flippers now. I'll sort the rest tonight.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Holy shit... Took the T-star veg clones so I didn't forget, let them soak in aloe while doing the other stuff.
Watered everything, up-potted the Orange Gasm, and the smaller TripleSec that already has a pistil. The 707 ??? looks like a male. Nothing on the TripleSec or the T-star.
IMG_4536.JPG
Moved the taller Morning Brew back in here
IMG_4538.JPG
This is the new veg, the seedlings are being hardened off with all the vents open. 4 Delirium Dog
IMG_4535.JPG
And this only has one 65w light on. I got the Millionaire and the Sunkiss #1 with roots so they got pots. I moved the seedlings so I could have the bigger dome to get clones rooted and used to the low rH. I still have a generic dome with the Cowboy Caviar and the other Sunkiss flower clones, and the just-taken T-star veg clones.
IMG_4533.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I bucked the Thunderhole last night. Over 2oz, no larf and it was just an un-pruned tree. There was no trimming except snipping 2-4 fan leaves per top. I broke down that spear but had to get a pic first. I found the same single obvious nanner and nothing else. Almost wish I had plucked it and let her go longer, but after 7 days hanging she is a great morning high already. The rH was a little low so she's jarred for safety.

Theres an initial sweetness, but it's sharp - like burn your nose a bit sharp. It has a little ferment going on, and a hint of bubblegum. Every sniff you pick up a new thing.

It is very smilar to the Momma Moonshine and The Stones. All have the same "short-flower-haze" smell I guess. The Angel Heart from Mr Nice also had that going on. So apparently I get to make edibles, dry-sift or gifts with the Momma and The Stones. I like having one of these strains around for that morning -get-r-dun' high, but I don't go through it quick. The MM is from last June and while it has aged nicely, it has lost a little kick. Still rank when you bust it up though.
IMG_4539.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think the clothes dryer things will work great. I was gonna do 4 per side but dropped it back to three for safety. I have another this size and one 2' longer showing up tomorrow - I was able to use this one for placement of everything. Tomato in a cage in the foreground and one above the little sweet-potato wall. Flat of celery and pink celery I have no clue where to plant yet.
IMG_4546.JPG
22 tomatoes, 3 tomatillo, some cukes and a few flowers. The pots are raspberry that I got free (reimbursed) from Baker Creek. One great, one living.
IMG_4545.JPG
I remembered that I had the ladder propped against the roof so I took the camera up there. Good before shot, but I can also use it for planning where to plants what's left. This should be a jungle in a few months. I am using rice hulls where I have already planted something. I need the aeration. That upper part and wherever I can fit them will be peppers. The greens there are cabbage still in the 6-pack starters. After the peppers then I can start wedging in rancom shit.
IMG_4549.JPG
Because I have all these to plant tomorrow...
IMG_4544.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Worked my ass off yesterday then had to water everything last night. I went to bed early so this morning I was mixing soil in my living room with my new cement mixer at about 3:30am. Good investment I think. The tub holds two of those 8g totes full of soil with room to add plenty of amendments.

This is the last of the trans-plants. all peppers and 'maters are in, and I have a few spate tomatoes to fill in any blanks if any don't make it. Soaked beans and peas overnight. The peas are bush style going between some of the tomatoes. I already have the fence-climbers started. The beans are both bush and climing. The fences should all be planted today with the climbers, then the bare areas around the fences will get stuff. I need to get the former burn pit that I don't burn stuff in moved, then build a wall with all the damn rocks beside it I have tossed out of the garden. The soaker hose will get mulched over eventually once I figure out where I want it. I think one more and I'll be good.
IMG_4550.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Clone tent fired back up.
IMG_4552.JPG
2 DD got topped because they were tall and lanky with nothing there. One doesn't look too bad, the other will likely veg a while. Being the taller two maybe they show boy while in veg and I don't have to mess with them.
IMG_4560.JPG
But I flipped the other two happy little trees (lower right). The secong Triplesec is a girl and gets up-potted tomorrow, and the T-star as well. I'lln cull if needed.
IMG_4562.JPG
Everything loved sprouted corn tea.
IMG_4558.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is just so if I ever wonder "what date" I planted stuff. I planted peas and beans between the 'maters, climbers around the fence, and after thinking about it a row of corn and okra just inside where the climbers will be. They can climb fence or corn and I can pick from either side. had two woodchuck holes coming up right beside tomatoes whih were surprisingly not dead. I don't think the little bastards eat anything - they just tunnel.

Tomorrow I'll plant cover crop around the done parts and add more mulch. The rice hulls are damn handy as a visual of where you ain't planted something yet. I won't have an inch deep of rice hulls and a pristine garden. My soil needed aeration. It will get worked in. I also more clearly defined the walkways with shredded brown cardboard. I have been using the shiny stuff like inner product boxes for the walkway around the garden. I was worried about the ink, then I remembered that up until last year I sprayed round-up LOL Pretty sufe shuny cardboard will be dandy...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
With nothing to do outside for months I had shifted to a lot of nocturnal stuff. Working your ass off outside all morning can shift you back to being a morning person quick. This morning was up-potting the Thunderhole. 'She' still hasn't shown, so I am taking the chance that A. it will be a girl, and B. that it will be longer flowering. So I stuck 'her' in a 7g. The second Triple Sec I knew was a girl because of the pointy pre-flowers decided it was a boy instead. never a pistil. But one of the Delerium Dog already had one of those crotch-pistils that doesn't come from a visible calyx - so she got the 5g I had ready for the Triple Sec. The other DD in the 1g already looks dude-ish but there's room if she shows girly without shifting the closet back to flower.
IMG_4563.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had to get that done before the flower lights clicked off. Now I get to up-pot the 9 little babies at my liesure this morning.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Holy SHIT!!!
The you tube algorithm hit right for once. Look what I stumbled on. I saw the image of this little girl singing and the song title and curiosity got the best of me. I had very little hope but DAMN!
Enjoy

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
OK, I'm done now bit found another 'holy shit' one. There is hope for the next generation. The chick on base and the drummer with the garage kit are the standouts but there are no flaws. Cool stuff.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
While I was diving down the school of rock rabbit hole I was potting clones. No roots poking out of the blocks yet but I think it'll be fine. I hate having that foam at the juncture of everything for the whole grow and pick off as much as I can. At this stage it can all go. I think the aloe for cloning works fine LOL
IMG_4565.JPG
These are the pairs of clones waiting on reveg. Checking the timing against being able to smoke the moms and cull. Probably another month before these have clonable regular growth.
IMG_4567.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Notes: on a few there was a a set of shoots low enough to get buried and I plucked the sprouts off for more rooting. I should have scarred or scraped the stem like for a beginning clone when I did that.

The ones in the cups are todays. The Millionaire and Sunkiss 1 are in the bigger pots. I didn't think about wanting to check root progress/health when making culling decisions. I only need one viable clone from two plants. If I get bored I may dump them and stick them in cups.

The T-star is the only Veg clones I have. They are tiny compared to the flower clones so I should have time with them before up-potting without the wierd re-veg growth. I think I'll prefer the veg clones for plants I know I want to keep. I can always cull...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Rainy day, full moon - thinkin' 'bout droppin' a few...

The Nigerian Ducksfoot from Hoku showed up, and they are supposed to be a 16 week strain, so I'll be flipping them at a week or two. There's also a 75% chance of getting the duck trait. I'll be culling any regular leaves before I even worry about male/female so 5 of them Then depending on how many duck-girls I get I might do one in a 7g or two to three in a 15g.

My decision was made grinding up the last of my 707 Dogma and Irie The Cream. Three each, cloning in veg and keeping a mom on both. I have plenty of veg space now including empty T5 carts that wouldbe perfect for a mess of clones. Next drop will have three Durban Poison for the same purpose. I ground some of it up - then forgot it was still in the grinder and did a few nugs of the Dogma. I wouldn' have done it on purpose but it's nice LOL

Also the last of that CLHP 3-pack to see if I get one or an 0-fer. I'll have to check inventory but I have several of the 3 packs left. If I get a third dud or wonker then I drop three next time. I hope it's just Karma but if they are all shit for some reason I still have 5 pre-hurricane packs that are 12+ each of fems. If @J.James had them in cold storage then the power went out, a tiny bit of condensation could be an issue.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Also getting the second freebie-freeborn-fem wet since the first was a dud.

The T-star will go again next drop if this one turns out male.