The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Had to get in the side flap to check the 3-top Deep Chunk (front right). It's already looking pretty toasty up top at 5 weeks in, getting some milky. It's at least a week ahead of the other one (front left) that flipped same day. UK Cheese (back left) and Homecoming Queen (back right) both have smaller tighter tops, the 4 in the middle are getting chunked out.
IMG_4059.JPG
In here the Burnside is getting done before the rest - no browns to speak of on the other three. Most of the plants will be 8 weeks on the 1st. It's in the signature block what got flipped when. The GMO cake back left was a later flip. The rest were in the other tent.
IMG_4061.JPG
Burnside (Ghost OG x Sky Cuddler Kush F3)
IMG_4063.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yesterday I harvested the Chemdog, then I dumped the pot, banged most of the soil out of the roots, then stuck the rootball in a bucket of water.

Last night I strained that and used it to feed the plants. 🤷‍♂️ 😜

The strained stuff got chopped up and put in the compost so no loss, but I am thinking exudates and hormones and stuff from those old roots. Plus all the soil in the rootball is basically castings by the end of the grow.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got no decent shots of the Deep Chunk, but if you take macro shots there should always be a flat plane a specific distance from the lens that is in focus. It's just finding a pic where that plane is on the right stuff. I got a good "mily at 5 weeks" pic.
IMG_4055.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I think the 13month thing might be talking about from seed to cured. Start inside before frost, set outside after, harvest in fall - pretty standard.
The curing part is what may be the trick and why people don't do it at home much.
I have grown various tobacco types for 40 years my main interest is old original strains native to our area Ill see if I can drum up some photos the growing part is easy imo its the harvest and curing part is where the work is I eventually built a curing box where I can control temps and humidity just like weed a poor cure leaves you with green chlorophyll taste

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Definitely need to read up... I think these are seed pods with tiny seeds inside probably about the size of the few that look like escaped tiny seeds LOL - they rattle.
View attachment 125656
There is hundreds and hundreds of black pepper size seeds inside your pods the trick is only getting a couple seeds per planter one can mix the seed with dry sand but I use a folded up piece of heavy paper to make a funnel....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got individual plant pics for a change so this is a longer one. Less descriptions more pics.
Mystery Plant is looking pretty photogenic. Tiny thing though
IMG_4064.JPG
Frost for days
IMG_4065.JPGIMG_4067.JPGIMG_4066.JPG
the un-fucked Deep Chunk
IMG_4068.JPG
And the one I am getting ready to cull
IMG_4069.JPG
because I ain't never seen no shit like this in weed LOL What in the fuck kind of foxtail is that??? It's like a big nanner with pistils...
IMG_4072.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I did the only major excavation I had planned. This was a rabbit-wire fence that bulged and sagged as the season went on. Eventually I want a permanent kneewall but I am still deciding on the composition. For now I have sturdy pet fence.
IMG_4105.JPG
I have a hill, so I am starting the terrace here then I need to figure out garden boundaries and get it fenced. The closest corner is the edge of an 8' diameter oak stump that was ground down to sidewalk level by the previous owners. That was the reason I decided to just build up soil over it.
IMG_4106.JPG
I got a roll of burlap and that'll last a season. Just enough to keep the soil in. I can probably just go with a 2x4 fence to brace this one. Basically my whole garden is gonna be a raised bed. Pulled out a large hunk of daffodil bulbs from the corner and stuck them in a pot. I have a variety of ?strains? of daffodil wild. all different shapes of flower, some with multiple flowers on each stem. even a white one.
IMG_4108.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dang we justreceived another 6" of snow I a! Jealous HAF... Won't be too much longer though some robins came through this weekend
Knock wood - haven't seen a snowflake all year. Every time it's cold enough it's been dry as a bone. I still have time for a few late freezes to fuck things up. I have a dumb-ass peach tree that is as dumb as the daffodils. It's already blooming - no leaves even yet - but it'll have fruit that'll likely drop when it freezes.

Last year I set all my tomatoes in the ground around St Pattys day and regretted it. I had started the tomatoes too early and pretty much had to get them in the ground though. This year we try early April.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Loud thinking. I ordered from Dagga Gardens and from Irie Direct the same day (20th). I've already posted the Dagga haul, I just got a shipping notice from Irie.

I sent an e-mail reply with the order attached asking about The Cream, and the next day or two he replied "Big Mountain Fudge Cake is a cream cross."

A few episodes ago he actually gave me a shout out on his podcast (sent pics) so now he has me, the email, and the order connected...

Big Mountain Fudge Cake is listed on his site, but not available...

So he doesn't get rep in this drop but I'll be patient. Perhaps the delay was for a special reason? Or not...

Getting that "Adventure Pack" from 707 was prophetic. Still figuring out what to drop but something gets wet today. I don't have room to drop a lot, this is just to keep the rotation going. One CLHP fem is now a given for either every grow or every other one.

Mystery beans might be the theme. I have some Wedding Cake x ??? fallen soldiers from CSI, I The adventure pack, pretty much unknowns that need cloning. But I have the T-star and the Delirium Dog regs I want to smoke yesterday... Decisions....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Now my old worn-out ass is gonna do some reading about small-scale farming and figure out the best way to make use of it, wait for the RSO to kick in then if a nap happens, so be it... After getting it somewhat level I got clover and cover-crop mix spread everywhere. Then rice hulls.
IMG_4110.JPG
I ended up with an 8'x8' anbd a 10'x14' area for the tomatoes and peppers. I have the area to the right up to that wire compost pile that was worked last year, and the compost pile will get spread out over that later. Need to see how many tomatoes and peppers I can fit here to see how much more I need to work. I need a barrier for the next terrace level that is either short enough not to be a tripping hazard, or is another fence.

Each tomato is gonna have a 1/2 or 1g pot of good weed-soil and worms when it gets set out, so this is just gonna get better.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Water's warming up and the decision is made.

CLHP fem
Delirium Dog x 2
Top Dawg T-star x 2.
707 Triple Sec x2
707 Adventure pack x 4

Basically trying the new stuff I bought like I should.

If they hit water tonight at lights on I can deal with potting them in the morning. Looking at this from a cloning/culling aspect, I think future reg drops will be more at a time. Only need one keeper per pack if there is one. If I keep dropping 2ea I'll have way too many clones hanging around.

Depending on what shows up with the Irie order I may drop them as fillers if I have any duds.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
A no-name breeder (Free Thinkers Conservative) sold me a pack of beans. The Delirium Dogg had this blurb
1677707160497.png
Then the pics and description. There was a bud pic and a cola pic - not a selling point for me. Then the description.

The Delirium Dog is a regular photoperiod (DogPatch x Local Skunk) x LA Wedding Pop.
DogPatch is skunkVA’s work of the chem D x chem 91 bx2 that was selected strictly for potency. I found the piney garbage flavors out of the Patch and hit that with 2 Local Skunk males.
The Local Skunk is Diesel x ( cuddle fish hashplant x sour diesel IBL) x (skelly hashplant x skunk1) from my personal favorite breeder Duke Diamond. The two males were selected for the Sour Diesel characteristics. (Which was “easier” considering everything else in it is a hashplant architecture, which is very different than Diesel plants.)
I then made some F2s on the LA Wedding Pop (Wedding cake x TK bx2) from Seed Junky JBeezys work, matching the male to the cake dominate female. That same pollination I brought my favorite cut of the DogPatch x Local in the room with the hopes of adding some more resin and giving her bag appeal.
What came out was spot on what I wanted. Cake and chem plants that sparkle like glitter. The taller less stacking plants will change colors in cooler settings and the chem based plants add more crown to the typically golf ball shape nugs.
I didn’t find one plant i didn’t enjoy the smoke from. Extremely potent plants that pretty much leave you eating everything in sight. The more cakey looking plants give you a longer time frame of fun before you body melts inside the couch. Amazing medicine for people with stomach issues and the shorter plants make for amazing night time smoke.
Extremely gunky resin for the guys washing material. I pulled a piece of my healthy skin off trying to get the finger hash off of my thumb…

So I figured $40 for a 5-pack is pretty steep for unknowns, but the guy sounds like he selects for exactly what I want available to me. Ended up getting 6 beans, well packed. The main thing was this was the only strain the guy has. Like The American One with the Amy Aces. If someone breeds just one strain it must be because they like it. Maybe I will too LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I've been using this spading fork the last few years and it's the same length as the one above.
Screenshot_20230302-071646_Chrome.jpg
I have to bend down each time to pull and end up walking around like Igor by the time I'm finished with a row lol. I guess you gotta pay to play