The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thread 'Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........' https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/irie-seeds-orange-gasm-under-gavita-pro-1700e-leds.113333/
My point was that I am not looking for outside info. Everyone grows different, so results will be different. I can look at lots of grows on here and see ideas other than my own, but looking for what a particular strain does in your tent (for example) means nothing to me. Were you here for the grow-offs where everyone had the same tester beans? There was a wide variety of expressions for every strain in the game. If Rasta Jeff takes the time to make a video on a strain I'll watch it. But he is getting info from lots of testers and collating it, aside from breeding them LOL

D

Deleted member 2835

My point was that I am not looking for outside info. Everyone grows different, so results will be different. I can look at lots of grows on here and see ideas other than my own, but looking for what a particular strain does in your tent (for example) means nothing to me. Were you here for the grow-offs where everyone had the same tester beans? There was a wide variety of expressions for every strain in the game. If Rasta Jeff takes the time to make a video on a strain I'll watch it. But he is getting info from lots of testers and collating it, aside from breeding them LOL
That's just being stubborn imo...lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's just being stubborn imo...lol
Maybe LOL - I just don't spend that much time hunting around the internet for information that doesn't interest me. I don't even have instagram. If I cared what other people were doing I think that would be the spot to find lots of pics of stuff I didn't grow.

If we could all share and compare then it's a way different story.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@MisterKister there's also the fact that these will be the 7th or 8th different strain from Irie I have grown. So far all his plants are pretty solid. What I like is that he found a male that might add potency or structure or something, but all his strains taste different and have different effects based on the mom. I haven't seen any repetitive traits from the "King Solomon" Arise male he has.

With the Orange Gasm I'll get to see and smoke what his Platinum Tangie cut does with the Golden Goat reversal right beside the one with that Arise male (Sunkiss) I have going now.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got the CLHP bucked today. Figured I'd show off my first non-smoke grow. No pruning or training, just topped once and let shrub out with all the future larf intact. For starters I snipped the tops off- still smoking those - then I just snipped sugar leaves off. Airy with very little weight but still looks good to me.
IMG_4038.JPG
After cleaning up the tops I had less than a half ounce from all the tops and the little nuggies that were just under the tops. Damn sure got a good oil harvest, just not much bio-mass.
IMG_4040.JPG
Lower right is the tops I'll cure, the under-nugs I'll smoke now, and left is a good bit of fluffy stuff that went right to the freezer.
Up top is my tip of the day. cheapo paint bucket and a cheapo kitchen collander for the dry-sift. I'll toss a towel over the top to keep dust out and let it get extra crispy, then rubbing it around on the wire mesh will get all the stems sifted out and the good stuff ready for screens.
I have an 8" flour/powdered sugar sifter for the "work bag" 220 micron stage - which also fits in the cheap bucket and rests on that little ridge under the rim.
IMG_4035.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Took about 50 pics of the Chemdog to get a trich check. Several were good enough to tell amber from not amber but that was about it. One pic was in focus fairly well. This tells me she's not seeded, and because she's still healthy she's still trying with the new pistils.
IMG_4042.JPG
Two pics had the macro part zooming on the right area where I could see deeper and get some "original-calyx" pics instead of all the new growth. Mostly milky bit check out lower left bottom of the leaf. Crystal clear ones in hyper-focus. This is on a top bud.
IMG_4044.JPG
This is in the middle of a lower bud. The Chem 91 is gone tomorrow. I'm setting it in the dark now so the sap will do whatever nighttime thing is does then I can wake-n-bake tomorrow and get it hung. 10 weeks and 3 days, I don't think I'm taking it early LOL IMG_4045.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Usually I get about an ounce and a half of each small plant. 2 for the chunky ones. The Chemdog was vegged longer because it was a struggler early but flipped about the same size I flip everything else. 347g wet - should be close to 4 dry because there is no stem to speak of.

For me - this is great for a strain I love but could be heartbreaking on a strain that ends up being blah - and I have to figure out what to do with that much mids.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everything is running hot straight and normal, except the mutant. The smaller pot idea may have worked for the squat plants. I'm thinking that roots hitting bottom sooner will generate more top growth? Who knows...
IMG_4048.JPG
The mutant may get culled though. At first it was a hiccup, now it looks systemic. In side of every leaf is runty. The other side is fine and they curl. Any ideas?
IMG_4049.JPG

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Interesting, do the roots look ok? Was there the same amount of root mass as the rest prior to transplant?

Will you be topping the rest any time soon? Maybe topping it along with the rest might reinvigorate it to catch up.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Interesting, do the roots look ok? Was there the same amount of root mass as the rest prior to transplant?

Will you be topping the rest any time soon? Maybe topping it along with the rest might reinvigorate it to catch up.
It isn't transplanted because it didn't look right. I just checked and there are some of each. some on the brown side and some white ones. I may transplant it into dry-ish soil and see what happens.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just stuck it in the next size bigger cup that still has a clear insert so I can watch roots. I have some dry-ish soil I mixed up for ginger that has some sand added to it.

It has a new set of leaves popping that may be normal.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Forgot to answer that part. I am officially starting my keeper mom's hunt. No clue how I'll work it but I have a 3x3 tent and planty of domes.

I'm just dropping a few beans OOA the 1st based on what shows up in the mail and how it adjusts my previous plans. I want something started for the next flip but it can just be a few. Might lean towards a fem-heavy drop to have more control.

I don't want overcrowding and I am going to veg these until I see the beginnings of clones that'll be worth taking after the flip. If some are beanpoles I may have to plan on keeping the top as a clone - if it's a girl. I am not keeping veg clones unless it is a fem then I'll probably take the top for cloning, and there's always at least two lower limbs that can be snipped when it's topped.

Short version - looking at all I have in flower plus the ones in veg - I can start getting into cull mode. Drop a pack and keep the best - since I am cloning. So vegging until I see a cloning plan for each individual plant is the plan for now. No big group flip needed since they'll all finish randomly anyway.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Big decisions - or not - between now and the 1st. I got a fat haul.
The three packs on the left are all I bought. The The 707 is for later when I do a big Lemon drop - I have lots of lemon ;) Maybe lime too.
The Top Dawg is getting two dropped regardless of what else I do. As are two of the "Delirium Dog" from Free Thinkers Conservation. They were advertised as being selected for potency - not THC %. A stoner in the prohib working one strain with the feel of the high being the only selection factor.
IMG_4053.JPG
The free stuff is what causes a quandry. The upper three brown-baggers can wait. The Magic Melon cross from 1LUV is not abvailable on the site, but the ones from the same chuck are $100/pack. I assume these are just untested. The othershave no specific breeder labeled. Back of the line packs but both sound interesting. But the bottom one...

Every time I buy 707 I get free 707. I like that. This time it's an "Adventure Pack" of 13 beans. I assume regs, but that is definittely on the list to not have hanging around as an unknown. Might yank out the CSI freebie Wedding Cake fallen soldiers I got too.

I am dropping some tobacco today. I want to see what real tobacco without the industry tastes like, but I need to reed some before starting so I don't fuck it up. A few other veggie seeds rH packs, Cal-Amino organic cal-mag (I'll use it but not buy more), another large Grove bag, and a set of press bags.

A haul.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Big decisions - or not - between now and the 1st. I got a fat haul.
The three packs on the left are all I bought. The The 707 is for later when I do a big Lemon drop - I have lots of lemon ;) Maybe lime too.
The Top Dawg is getting two dropped regardless of what else I do. As are two of the "Delirium Dog" from Free Thinkers Conservation. They were advertised as being selected for potency - not THC %. A stoner in the prohib working one strain with the feel of the high being the only selection factor.
View attachment 125655
The free stuff is what causes a quandry. The upper three brown-baggers can wait. The Magic Melon cross from 1LUV is not abvailable on the site, but the ones from the same chuck are $100/pack. I assume these are just untested. The othershave no specific breeder labeled. Back of the line packs but both sound interesting. But the bottom one...

Every time I buy 707 I get free 707. I like that. This time it's an "Adventure Pack" of 13 beans. I assume regs, but that is definittely on the list to not have hanging around as an unknown. Might yank out the CSI freebie Wedding Cake fallen soldiers I got too.

I am dropping some tobacco today. I want to see what real tobacco without the industry tastes like, but I need to reed some before starting so I don't fuck it up. A few other veggie seeds rH packs, Cal-Amino organic cal-mag (I'll use it but not buy more), another large Grove bag, and a set of press bags.

A haul.
they call tobacco the 13 month plant, starts in nov. plant come spring , cut and spike , hang in barn for air cure or smoke for dark fired.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
they call tobacco the 13 month plant, starts in nov. plant come spring , cut and spike , hang in barn for air cure or smoke for dark fired.
I think for a plant indoors I shoudn't have to wait until November, but I'll damn sure save the rest for outside.