The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am pretty sure things like Sunkiss from Irie probably won't be my jam - at least not enough to keep a mom long term. In the past taking that one clone, then saying screw it and flowering out the mom I end up with more smoke than I need before I get tired of it. But if it is pretty special I can drop the rest and see if anything is better. Whittle down the seedbank.

Life is too short to smoke mids

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I am pretty sure things like Sunkiss from Irie probably won't be my jam - at least not enough to keep a mom long term. In the past taking that one clone, then saying screw it and flowering out the mom I end up with more smoke than I need before I get tired of it. But if it is pretty special I can drop the rest and see if anything is better. Whittle down the seedbank.

Life is too short to smoke mids
i will be proud to have a few extra lb's ,for whatever i need oil ,smoke,squeezed,pressed ,how ever!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i will be proud to have a few extra lb's ,for whatever i need oil ,smoke,squeezed,pressed ,how ever!
I pulled out my stash today to get everything a breath of fresh air and pull out some nugs. I have three strains now that I have "bulk" of just because I grew the whole pack and the pheno's were close enough to go in the same jar. What's funny is that two have the same general fermented fruit smell that I like - but not for a daily smoke. It's great for rollinf a few and taking them to the garden to work.

most I'd say I have an ounce or less of except the most recent few plants.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Have you played with the dynavap? It helped me stretch my weak ass stash
I think if I needed to stretch a stash I would be more into it. For me the high just isn;t as good. I tried doing the wake-n-bake with it and the high just seems hollow or something. I've even tried packing kief in it sandwiched between flower for added punch.

It's all about effect for me and it's not my bag. That said, line up the dab-rig the dyna-vap and a regular bowl and I can have an interesting evening. ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Fiddler's Green Today I was playing with the stash and grinding up a little of everything. I have multi-colored doob-tubes with p-touch labels for the strains, every harvest has it's cap color then I try and match the tube color to the flavor or name or something. (who said I'm OCD?) Anyway - it's easy to do a quick count of what I have on hand. Right now I am at 26 strains cured and ready for action. Some date back to last June.

I got curious and weighed a few of the bigger containers. I have just under three ounces of 3 The Stones. 4 plants, but the earliest one wasn't as good and some got pressed and some decarbed. The rest are in the half to one ounce range with three being down to the lart 8th-ish top-nug. Overall I probably have less than a pound.

I think the biggest thing I have noticed is there's bowl-weed and joint weed. Some I grind a handfull and roll a few, some I grind a little at a time and fill a doob-tube for packing bowls (the cap full of loose grind is a quick one-hitter ;) ). That's the effect part. Day-time doin' stuff weed gets joints, potent chill-weed gets bowls. The best (CLHP, Chemdog, Dogma, Durban) are great for both but you feel bad about wasting it in joint LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Have you pressed any of the primo yet? Is it as good as a bowl full or j?
I pressed a little CLHP and it is good - nothing special in dab-form. I get all the same high there too pretty much. Different from a vape high but still not "full spectrum" last a few hours high.

Next time I try pressing stuff I'm going lower temp ang longer press and see what that does.

Might just be how I'm wired.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I sifted my veg and flower specific worm bin and have enough to see if that experiment seems legit. But I only sifted the finest stuff, and not thoroughly. Just enough to fill half a bucket of each.

But I got to thinking how crappy my topsoil is in the new garden area so I have the older stuff on the bottom of each tray with a new layer of cardboard/coco bedding that has minerals and dried cannabis leaves in it. That should occupy any worms in the lower bins that don't work their way to the top. And I have the top tray with room to start actively feeding them a lot of scraps.

I moved them to a warmer area of thehouse too. It was in a chilly spot and the worms were skinny and small, kind of dark gray or brown looking. After a week with some love they are red/pink and wiggling. I have cabbage and stuff started that goes out in a few weeks regardless of weather. After that I'll have melon and squash mounds to work. I figure I can put some vermi-compost in every transplant, and maybe get another bail of rice-hulls to mulch it all up good.

Depending on what I find I may stick rows of corn and beans out there between the melons and just let the whole mess grow wild.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I think if I needed to stretch a stash I would be more into it. For me the high just isn;t as good. I tried doing the wake-n-bake with it and the high just seems hollow or something. I've even tried packing kief in it sandwiched between flower for added punch.

It's all about effect for me and it's not my bag. That said, line up the dab-rig the dyna-vap and a regular bowl and I can have an interesting evening. ;)
i would say so.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Tomorrow is 10 weeks on the Chem91 and it looks to go 11. I got rid of some of the crispy leaves, they were more shade than solar panel. There are lots of chunky nugs on it though. Didn't reall get a visual until i pruned the death off. I'll have a haul!
IMG_4022.JPG
This is why I am OK with having this tent crowded rather than having some in the closet. Bar lights, and good airflow underneath because of all the corner shelves.
IMG_4021.JPG
And so far everything loves it. Having more plants in gets the humidity up a little.
IMG_4018.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Tomorrow is 10 weeks on the Chem91 and it looks to go 11. I got rid of some of the crispy leaves, they were more shade than solar panel. There are lots of chunky nugs on it though. Didn't reall get a visual until i pruned the death off. I'll have a haul!
View attachment 125495
This is why I am OK with having this tent crowded rather than having some in the closet. Bar lights, and good airflow underneath because of all the corner shelves.
View attachment 125494
And so far everything loves it. Having more plants in gets the humidity up a little.
View attachment 125493
yep seems like if i get more, than 10 or 12 in mine the R.H. goes up big time !

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's my tip for the day - again. Clam-shell inner cup. No poking holes needed, just a fat pair of scissors and slice it in two up the sides, leave the bottom. All the drainage you should need for a baby, but the transplants without damaging roots is the shit. One reason I soak the cup prior to transplant is that it cakes up that seed-starter soil pretty good for the whole=plug transplant without it falling apart.
IMG_4030.JPG
The mutant put out more leaves so she's a keeper. Never had a mutant like this end up a dude... I've kept a few.
IMG_4034.JPG
I tried attacking the tall and short plants different instead of treating them the same and expecting different results. The shorties got 1/2g and the normal ones got 1g.
IMG_4032.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
New moon is here, so it's bean dropping time. The last batch was not moon-compliant so it fucked up the rotation. I think different growth patterns are going to determine what flips when rather than them all auto-flipping at four weeks. these babies hit 4 weeks on the 6th.

Rather than dropping on the new moon I'll just keep dropping first of the month. So much easier to figure stuff out just looking at todays date when you do that.

But I had a full drop planned and now I have to re-think it - combined with the bean orders I just places and whatever freebies show up. Rasta Jeff put out the Golden Goat as a fem so I had to snag it, and the Orange Gasm to see how it compares to the Sunkiss. I also snagged a pack of Trinity x Stardawg (T-Star) from JJ at Top Dawg. First pack from him, and I saw Trinity and jumped. Between the freebies on both there's no telling what I'll drop next.

D

Deleted member 2835

New moon is here, so it's bean dropping time. The last batch was not moon-compliant so it fucked up the rotation. I think different growth patterns are going to determine what flips when rather than them all auto-flipping at four weeks. these babies hit 4 weeks on the 6th.

Rather than dropping on the new moon I'll just keep dropping first of the month. So much easier to figure stuff out just looking at todays date when you do that.

But I had a full drop planned and now I have to re-think it - combined with the bean orders I just places and whatever freebies show up. Rasta Jeff put out the Golden Goat as a fem so I had to snag it, and the Orange Gasm to see how it compares to the Sunkiss. I also snagged a pack of Trinity x Stardawg (T-Star) from JJ at Top Dawg. First pack from him, and I saw Trinity and jumped. Between the freebies on both there's no telling what I'll drop next.
Check out SSHZ on rollitup he did a nice orangegasm grow.