The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
hank jr. roy orbitson,johnny cash,wille n. Gorge (the possum) jones,loreta lynn ,tammy y.
See, I grew up in the south but never could stand those whiny-ass singers. Tammy Whine-ette LOL Never could get past the fact that no matter where they were from, they all sang like they came from the super-redneck areas of Alabama or Mississippi or something. Even the slide guitar is fucking whiny the way they use it LOL

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I just meant that these guys were popular, successful, always touring, and you rarely heard them on the radio - ever. They were an LA country-rock band. They had a hippie/folk music audience locally instead of rednecks. I caught them on tour and then bought albums when I could find them. Never would have heard of them otherwise I don't think.
they were real popular around here!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I just meant that these guys were popular, successful, always touring, and you rarely heard them on the radio - ever. They were an LA country-rock band. They had a hippie/folk music audience locally instead of rednecks. I caught them on tour and then bought albums when I could find them. Never would have heard of them otherwise I don't think.
hell they even done some tours around here, just had to drive a couple hours to see em.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The close tent had three turning at a good pace, and some that look to go long. Most are at 8 weeks now.
IMG_3101.JPG
So I'm back to taking bud pics. The God's Paintbrush has lots of brown pistils, is plumping up, but is mostly clear
IMG_3103.JPG
The LemonHP x 88G13hp surprised me. This was the early nanner plant that has been fine stripped of it's lower limbs. At forst glance there's lost of white hairs, but that's just on the tops - but it's all tops 🤷‍♂️
IMG_3115.JPG
The overall picture is powdered sugar though, and te close-up on the leaves is way past what I would like on the bud itself. That's 50% amber easy.
IMG_3115 (2).JPG
The Amy Aces triploid mutant I thought has a round flat top. Aw HELL NO! The top is not bifurcating - it's tri-furcating...
IMG_3108.JPG
From above it's like fingers growing.This plant has three's everywhere.
IMG_3109.JPG
The other tent looks like this
IMG_3100.JPG
And the Stones closet
IMG_3099.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The close tent had three turning at a good pace, and some that look to go long. Most are at 8 weeks now.
View attachment 122656
So I'm back to taking bud pics. The God's Paintbrush has lots of brown pistils, is plumping up, but is mostly clear
View attachment 122657
The LemonHP x 88G13hp surprised me. This was the early nanner plant that has been fine stripped of it's lower limbs. At forst glance there's lost of white hairs, but that's just on the tops - but it's all tops 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 122661
The overall picture is powdered sugar though, and te close-up on the leaves is way past what I would like on the bud itself. That's 50% amber easy.
View attachment 122660
The Amy Aces triploid mutant I thought has a round flat top. Aw HELL NO! The top is not bifurcating - it's tri-furcating...
View attachment 122658
From above it's like fingers growing.This plant has three's everywhere.
View attachment 122659
The other tent looks like this
View attachment 122655
And the Stones closet
View attachment 122654
if the extra amber is not your thing, i will help with the taste test,@ no charge to you in the intrest of science ,of course.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was watching Dude Grows and Scotty is basically me - except he still has to shill for a living. He was talking about growing styles and how different grows pretty much just showed different personalities. He does hydro, but doesn't force stuff or push the edgeof the EC envelope or anything and what struck me was when he related it to cars.

I don't care about getting there in style, or how fast I get there, I just want to get there reliably every time. I know I could give my grows just a little tune-up and get massive yields and I play with that on the occasional plant, but if I have a lot of something it means I will be smoking a lot of something - or disposing of it in some other way. Edibles, hash, etc.

If I don't even know if I like a strain that's just a waste of time and effort so I do the short veg and quick turnaround, and have a little of everything. Part of that was being a newb and just not knowing what I like best. I think now I will be more laid back about it since I have a few go-to strains. Dropping a whole pack is still going to get me variety in most cases, but if it ain't great stuff - or all the plants aren't great I won't be worrying about running out or anything.

Taking the top clones on the Stones worked out well, and I may just do that from now on right at flip. If they don't take, oh well, Karma. I don't like waiting around for roots and then maybe having to wait again. At least I made the attempt. But I also see a lot of mom-culling too and I won't hesitate, but they'll need to be around for a while to make that call.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I was watching Dude Grows and Scotty is basically me - except he still has to shill for a living. He was talking about growing styles and how different grows pretty much just showed different personalities. He does hydro, but doesn't force stuff or push the edgeof the EC envelope or anything and what struck me was when he related it to cars.

I don't care about getting there in style, or how fast I get there, I just want to get there reliably every time. I know I could give my grows just a little tune-up and get massive yields and I play with that on the occasional plant, but if I have a lot of something it means I will be smoking a lot of something - or disposing of it in some other way. Edibles, hash, etc.

If I don't even know if I like a strain that's just a waste of time and effort so I do the short veg and quick turnaround, and have a little of everything. Part of that was being a newb and just not knowing what I like best. I think now I will be more laid back about it since I have a few go-to strains. Dropping a whole pack is still going to get me variety in most cases, but if it ain't great stuff - or all the plants aren't great I won't be worrying about running out or anything.

Taking the top clones on the Stones worked out well, and I may just do that from now on right at flip. If they don't take, oh well, Karma. I don't like waiting around for roots and then maybe having to wait again. At least I made the attempt. But I also see a lot of mom-culling too and I won't hesitate, but they'll need to be around for a while to make that call.
i have learned to label everything,from mom or stud. slowly uping the clone thing@ least, i didnt loose em all this round.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Fam is gone and life back to normal. I 'had to' chop the Gods Paintbrush last night. It had one bright yellow nanner right on top of one of the side buds. I wet my fingers and plucked it, and could have left her in the tent but it was a freebie. I searched all over and it was the only one I saw. Smells like bubblegum and dryer sheets. 125g wet so it'll be another ~ounce.
IMG_3135.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have until the end of the month to do this chuck or it's waiting a few more weeks. Plants are all turning except the last three from Irie. I am really wanting to smoke them more than I am wanting them to catch pollen. If I do I'll drop a few and see if I get a girl.

Since I have the 4 clones I'm not worried about The Stones. They are really slow to flower and likely a 11wk+ strain. I'll move them to a non-pollen-ish area, but if I drop now and they do catch some pollen in 5-6 weeks I think they'll have time to produce mature beans. If I wait a few weeks they might just get full of those little white immature beans if I can't keep the pollen in check.

I'm also looking at all the beans I have to drop and the fact that I am adding to that list exponentially, so I will probably whittle the chuck down even more to fewer crosses, and maybe let them veg a little longer to produce a decent amount of beans. If I get two girls from any regs I drop I'll probably put one back in veg as soon as it shows and if it re-vegges it should be back to normal and ready to flip by the time the pollen is cleaned up.

If I can keep the orgies isolated from other flowering plants in the house I'll probably end up doing a seed increase with some of the CLG stuff I have.

Getting really high today and making a decision.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I have until the end of the month to do this chuck or it's waiting a few more weeks. Plants are all turning except the last three from Irie. I am really wanting to smoke them more than I am wanting them to catch pollen. If I do I'll drop a few and see if I get a girl.

Since I have the 4 clones I'm not worried about The Stones. They are really slow to flower and likely a 11wk+ strain. I'll move them to a non-pollen-ish area, but if I drop now and they do catch some pollen in 5-6 weeks I think they'll have time to produce mature beans. If I wait a few weeks they might just get full of those little white immature beans if I can't keep the pollen in check.

I'm also looking at all the beans I have to drop and the fact that I am adding to that list exponentially, so I will probably whittle the chuck down even more to fewer crosses, and maybe let them veg a little longer to produce a decent amount of beans. If I get two girls from any regs I drop I'll probably put one back in veg as soon as it shows and if it re-vegges it should be back to normal and ready to flip by the time the pollen is cleaned up.

If I can keep the orgies isolated from other flowering plants in the house I'll probably end up doing a seed increase with some of the CLG stuff I have.

Getting really high today and making a decision.
That's the only way to go! Duck Huntin with a rake!;)

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Fam is gone and life back to normal. I 'had to' chop the Gods Paintbrush last night. It had one bright yellow nanner right on top of one of the side buds. I wet my fingers and plucked it, and could have left her in the tent but it was a freebie. I searched all over and it was the only one I saw. Smells like bubblegum and dryer sheets. 125g wet so it'll be another ~ounce.
View attachment 122780
makes it nice to have something at different times.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
makes it nice to have something at different times.
First you get a fat stash of anything to hold you over, then you plant staggered drops every month to gradually fill the flower tent(s). You have to have a dedicated veg area/tent, and at least one larger flower area.

You could also plant 3-4 things at the same time that have different flowering times so the first harvest opens up a spot. Have something ready to fill the gap. Stuff takes 8-10 weeks in general, so if you are putting stuff into flower every 4 weeks you should divide your flower space by three or four to figure out how many plants to drop each month.

If you have a flower tent that can fit 9 plants you drop whatever you need to for three girl plants every month. Having a second flower tent ups those numbers - etc. Veg space doing the quick-flip is rarely a problem.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Stones got their first light bondage. Having that central pole I just hook each limb to it. I can slide the wires up the stick as needed or add some when they stretch. Fact - I should have a LOT (comparatively) of The Stones so I need no larf. I took the lower node sprouts off each limb, and they are just starting to get puffballs up top 14 days into 12/12. End of week three I'll probabaly take another round of lowers.
IMG_3137.JPG
This tent has room for one more plant comfortably if it's small. The two 7g CLHP and ChemD in the corners are 2 weeks in like The Stones. The three younger Irie plants are 4 weeks in, and the John Lemon and Lemon Cello center and center-left are 6 weeks.
IMG_3142.JPG
Everything in here is 8 weeks, and a few are ready as soon as they just look right from the top.
IMG_3144.JPG
The LemonHP x 88G13HP is done whenever - I think I'll see some nice couchlock out of it. It has the very amber leaves, and a little on the buds. What is crazy is that it looks like 4 separate ages of pistils. There's brown-dad-skinny-crinkly, brown-dead-spikes, half brown curly ones and some brand new ones. Top to bottom. But now she's not Amber and clear, she's amber and mostly milky. This is from the 25-pack at $2 per bean, so I think I have enough in this one to see what the strain might carry - and I love my hashplants.
IMG_3155.JPG
The Three Strikes Amy Aces is triploid everywhere. All the top sets of nugs and the top splitting into three. She has a little yellow-fade and the only white pistils are up top.
IMG_3145.JPG
She is maturing very evenly, milk everywhere, but if yuo look deep there's amber in there. Easier to see with a loupe.
IMG_3146.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Doing the tent math, I can slide all 4 Stones out of the closet if I harvest two plants. I was looking at that as a barometer for when to drop then it hit me - The ChemD is also only 2 weeks in.

I'm not getting her seeded. Period. The CLHP 14 days in will harvest before her so it's not a problem. Pretty sure the ChemD is a 10-weeker so I need to count back from there. She has ~8 weeks left.

Two weeks in veg is the max the chuck beans get.
After flip about two-three weeks before the first pollen jumps out.

4 weeks.

I really need to wait until Christmas to drop 'em. I grow for smoke. Only reason I'm dropping beans is for more smoke - not production or anything.

Fuck.

That means I'll be looking at gradually increasing empty space and the need to grow something will be so tempting.