The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
LOL! Well, it's what I do fr a living, so it makes more sense for me to control things with a control processor rather than change timer settings every time I flip light schedules. 😁
If I have to shift a space from veg to flower or back I have a quadrant of pins marked on the timer to change their positions. other than that nothing ever changes.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In case I pull a Richard Prior, wanted to let someone know I found a use for that grease I squeezed from the buds at too low of a temp. I have some pre-rolled cones so I wiped it all over them then let it dry.

It's shiny still but not tacky. I am just scared to light it now because it looks oily 😜

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
In case I pull a Richard Prior, wanted to let someone know I found a use for that grease I squeezed from the buds at too low of a temp. I have some pre-rolled cones so I wiped it all over them then let it dry.

It's shiny still but not tacky. I am just scared to light it now because it looks oily 😜
fill bathtub fire up it! do'nt wax mustash first.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I remember you posting about holding the heat source away from the bowl to get a flavor boost before going in and I couldn't remember the name of the device below.

Figured you might find it interesting

I'm not into a lot of the new-fangled gear, and vaping has just never done it for me. There's a rechargable "hot knife" so you can scoop out your concentrate, then heat the blade and the stuff slides off into your rig...
I'll buy bongs and rigs whenever I get the urge, but I'm still cool with actual fire.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is a pretty neat rig for no-skill dabbing. You pre-load the little glass cups, heat the fuck out of the banger, then drop the cup in and it's like a cold start heating up that glass. You get your hit or two, then tweezers to grab out the cup. Or you could let it cool LOL
IMG_3012.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I'm getting the hang of this. And yes, the little size smasher is all I'll need. I already have more concentrate than I'll use in a month.
IMG_3014.JPG
Previously, except for smashing nugs I haven't wasted any good material. All stuff between the 170m and the 120m. Just above the keeper stuff for the most part. The run this morning was the good stuff between 90m and 120m.
IMG_3015.JPG
I started with 4.39g of kief, and squished it through a 37m bag at 210f. 30 seconds from it just getting some pressure from the plates to actually feeling a little resistance letting the material warm up. Then 1 minute slowly building up the pressure but without really muscling it. After that minute I just cranked it down and waited for it to stop moving LOL
IMG_3016.JPG
The room is not that cool but the stainless table seems to work fine. This stuff was brittle once it got cold, but warmed up to a mice consistency with a little pressure. I did the math and I got about 57% return. As an amateur using amateur equipment and making shit up based on limited knowledge, I think that's all I need to invest in this hobby except for more 37m bags. It came with some 90m, 120m and some 160m bags but I think a nug in parchment works fine. Those will probably be for stuff I would otherwise decarb just to see what I get out of it.
IMG_3017.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is flipped to flower now. The Step Child in the middle is really looking dude-ish but still nothing concrete. The CLHP up front got topped to an 8-top for now. I think it'll get a 7g as well so I'm glad I waited. The 4 Stones clones I took have one that's not looking well, so it'll be a girl...
IMG_3024.JPG
Nothing much to say on these except the Gods Paintbrush front-right in the first tent pic smells like bubbblegum, and looks to finish quick. IMG_3031.JPGIMG_3027.JPG
Last nugget. I hate putting plain water through the plants. I'll at least add a little "Q" powder or some LAB or something. Today they got dirt...
Sifting soil and I have a bunch of still soft roots that will get composted or used for worm bedding instead of put back in the soil. The castings, silt (minerals), and enzymes and such in the roots became a quick compost extract. Stirred it vigorously in the big bucket then strained it into the other one. Anything that goes through the strainer can go through the watering can.
IMG_3023.JPG
So - is organics cheap and easy? Yes, yes it is LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If anyone is wondering I did press a CLHP nug. The return was not great but I didn't play around to find the right temp if that wasn't it. What I did get from it was fire. All the flavor came through, and the initial buzz sat me on my ass.

The other thing that pushed me over the edge on buying the nug smasher was that I am going to have probably 2 tents worth of seeded weed to do something with after I shuck it. I can dry-sift it and press that, or just use up all my bags and press the flower mash mess.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
As much as I want a press I don't rate it yet. Once I have a stash plus extra to play with THEN I'll saddle up.

For now I'll just keep taking notes from most of folks here.

Any cons with the mini that have come to your attention? Does it need a light, accessories, does it wobble?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
As much as I want a press I don't rate it yet. Once I have a stash plus extra to play with THEN I'll saddle up.

For now I'll just keep taking notes from most of folks here.

Any cons with the mini that have come to your attention? Does it need a light, accessories, does it wobble?
It could be securely mounted, the thing only does 2 tons of pressure though, by pushing away on the top handle and down on the jack handle you can hit max pressure easy. It came with a ton of freebie crap I'd rather they not brand and add into the price of the rig. A cone packer for instance. A puck press would have been nice instead of two generic 10ml silicone jars with a stamp on top. And stickers.

I'm leaning towards I could build one with the kits available but then it would be a price vs ease comparison. I don't think brand/model matters.

That said I am fine with this as long as it lasts for a few years

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
I think I'm getting the hang of this. And yes, the little size smasher is all I'll need. I already have more concentrate than I'll use in a month.
View attachment 122251
Previously, except for smashing nugs I haven't wasted any good material. All stuff between the 170m and the 120m. Just above the keeper stuff for the most part. The run this morning was the good stuff between 90m and 120m.
View attachment 122252
I started with 4.39g of kief, and squished it through a 37m bag at 210f. 30 seconds from it just getting some pressure from the plates to actually feeling a little resistance letting the material warm up. Then 1 minute slowly building up the pressure but without really muscling it. After that minute I just cranked it down and waited for it to stop moving LOL
View attachment 122253
The room is not that cool but the stainless table seems to work fine. This stuff was brittle once it got cold, but warmed up to a mice consistency with a little pressure. I did the math and I got about 57% return. As an amateur using amateur equipment and making shit up based on limited knowledge, I think that's all I need to invest in this hobby except for more 37m bags. It came with some 90m, 120m and some 160m bags but I think a nug in parchment works fine. Those will probably be for stuff I would otherwise decarb just to see what I get out of it.
View attachment 122254
I have that same nug smasher. I do 4 gram smashes in the Dabpress brand 120 micron bags @ 200 degrees for 2 min no matter what strain and adjust from there. The flower has to be cured properly. I still make bubble hash with all my seeded plant waste, I just think it gives you a better end product, better flavor from bubble hash

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
This is a pretty neat rig for no-skill dabbing. You pre-load the little glass cups, heat the fuck out of the banger, then drop the cup in and it's like a cold start heating up that glass. You get your hit or two, then tweezers to grab out the cup. Or you could let it cool LOL
View attachment 122250
You should get a quarts nectar collector, Cheep and very effective, a lot less of a mess to clean up
I use this one