The James Gang

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
For you're "one shot, one kill" hits try feathering the top layer of the herb with the edge of the triple flame (our just bit away) to toast until ignition, remove flame and your draw through the piece continues the burn.

Might not work to great if you light from the edge though. 🤷‍♂️

Playing with the DynaVap and Sticky Brick I've come to build a collection of lighters also to find that perfect toke.

That title would make me stop in my tracks to check out the content lol. AND see if there was a picture of the author.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For you're "one shot, one kill" hits try feathering the top layer of the herb with the edge of the triple flame (our just bit away) to toast until ignition, remove flame and your draw through the piece continues the burn.
If I could use a candle without dripping wax in the bowl I'd try that 😜 🤷‍♂️

For consideration - I don't use a screen. I go with the installed stuff on the bowls. You can either do a one-hitter or pack a bowl. if you pack the bowl it doesn't matter much but a lightly packed one hitter needs a gentle flame or you get that short, sharp, shock - dig it?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hemp wick is cheap and it's supposed to have a cooler flame than lighters.
It's also a pain in the ass, dangerous to stoners, and really not worth the effort. I do have some beeswax candles with hemp wicks that I use if I fire up the clay chillum. With one person an open flame is a must. I have no problem with petro-fuels for lighters. They burn really clean compared to most things. My zippo was the low-temp one until I got that silver one with the extendable wand. It's like one of those candle-lighters and not like a torch. Now I rarely use the zippo.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
It's also a pain in the ass, dangerous to stoners, and really not worth the effort. I do have some beeswax candles with hemp wicks that I use if I fire up the clay chillum. With one person an open flame is a must. I have no problem with petro-fuels for lighters. They burn really clean compared to most things. My zippo was the low-temp one until I got that silver one with the extendable wand. It's like one of those candle-lighters and not like a torch. Now I rarely use the zippo.
I never said it wasn't a pain in the ass :ROFLMAO: I got some when people raved about how much better it was, didn't really notice any difference, and then scrapped the idea when I realized it just added another step to the whole process.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Bong-rips and theoretical physics...

Hows that for a book title :cool:

I like lighters. You can never have too many, and they must be refillable. Even if they're those 'clipper' bics that look disposable, they can even take a new flint - but are good for going places where losing a lighter is a distinct possibility. I have settled on Vector lighters because they are well made and they light n the first click most times. I used to buy a lot of pocket knives - if it's a tool you use you can't have too many. But I still have all those.

My newest lighter is the black triple-flame torch. I have kitchen torches and plumbing torches, but this is the first small torch that isn't just a lighter like the little single flame yellow one. I got it for heating up the nectar collector and it works perfect. I grabbed it to hit a bong and that's when I had the epiphany - it was fucking harsh!
View attachment 122940
My theory is that the temperature of your flame lighting a bowl is as important as the temp of taking a dab at. Using a plain-flame lighter is better for a bowl. I use the little yellow one to flash over a bowl occasionally but never let it get hot enough to notice.

This has been a public service announcement. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, already in progress.
but first a quick update on the nightly news!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I never said it wasn't a pain in the ass :ROFLMAO: I got some when people raved about how much better it was, didn't really notice any difference, and then scrapped the idea when I realized it just added another step to the whole process.
Right? What are you lighting you wick with? I think the style was to uhmmmmmm :unsure: wrap it around a special 'hemp-wick-bic' that looks kind of like a Popeel Pocket Fisherman from back in the day 😂

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Gonna look a lot different later. I napped. I got lots to do and am making coffee.

First. The Amy's (left two) are gone. Nice and milky everywhere and the ambers are showing on the meat of the buds. The yellow fade is more noticable in the pics than live, but it's good to get that confirmation too.
IMG_3202.JPG
In here nothing needs done but they might be involved in the re-arrangement after the dead Amy's. The bigger-pot ChemD is killing it.
IMG_3201.JPG
The closet Stoners should now fit into a tent - whichever one it ends up, and the closet will go back to veg.
IMG_3200.JPG
Welcome to the jungle. I will also be yanking a lot out of here to window sills and such All of it just to add some winter oxygen to the house. Maybe get some cooking herbs and such. The pepper stays. 100w of light - damn!
IMG_3198.JPG
But the primary objective after I kill Amy's is to re-drop/drop the remaining stuff for the chuck. The Thunderhole took a beating. Every one was a helmet-head, the first one popped a 2" furry root straight up out of the soil. Luckily high himidity... Only 2 popped normal and the rest some were mush and some just no-crack. As long as I get a male it's still game on. I hope there's 2-3. Lost one Mayday, the front Dogma might be a non-starter. has a 1/2" nub that has likely been there a few days. I'll give it another day though. Both Grapefruit did the same. The Grapefruit I'll treat as duds though since I'm re-dropping. I have some old stock there and an unopen pack for later. The Sangria Cookies was just a dud.
IMG_3197.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The other thing I need to do for the chuck is take clones. I've been putting it off, but I have room now. Their rooting and getting ready to pot should coincide with the seedlings taking off. I have some decent size clones for the Chem91 (back left) that was a runty pain in the ass to get going. Topping it was all it took. The Dog is both pollen-catch and mom-clone material. The CLHP shrub that I didn't flip with the other one I have no clue. Cloning is obviously not needed, I have a few beans. It is gonna catch pollen and make lots of beans, but since I don't need clones I may make a salad. The back right is the Purple Heart 1:1 that is also just to catch pollen. It has been cut back repeatedly, and I may need to take clones so I'm not pollenating an unhappy plant that has to grow for another 5-6 weeks.
IMG_3223.JPG
I honestly just lost interest in any 1:1. I got three 6-packs free. They're fems and dropping a bean to catch pollen would make more sense if I wasn't already taking clones. A 1:1 that is not cloned and tested as a high cannabinoid % 1:1 plant is just a weak-ass watered down THC plant. Breeding it with something fire will still probably just pump up the numbers a bit on weak-ass weed. I'd probably never pop the seeds from it. That whole plant might be salad too. Damn :cool: I just did a whole thing there and made a decision while describing my choices LOL

These are good for now, when I pull stuff out to water tomorrow it may end up in different spots. And The Stones will lose a few more leaves and lower limbs and get sucked in a little tighter towards their stake.
IMG_3225.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm not cloning or dropping seeds tonight. But I did get really high and do some bonsai on the CLHP. more like a bad haircut. She's a seed catcher that'll get an up-pot when I pot the seedlings.

I got the seeds pulled for the everything else drop for the chuck. The Grapefruit I had 8 beans, but three were reallllllllly tiny. I am dropping all three plus a regular size one. Changed my mind on a lot of stuff but the fact that it needed to be something I wanted to clone was an eye-opener. Had 2 Sangria Cookies fems left - both dropping. One GMO Cake from Heisen. I'll get it all sorted tomorrow.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I may be overdoing it... I'm still betting on getting at least one male from the 5 Thunderhole, and I know I won't be breeding with the Deep Chunk just because of the variet I WON"T find if I use that as a dad. But I am not opposed to using one of the 707 plants, or a few others to pollute the rest. Time will tell. But I have 24 more options dropping after the water warms up. The Chem91 will get cloned at some point LOL. bad haircut CLHP, and the mini tent is cleared out.
IMG_3226.JPG
For fems I have the UK Cheese, Cali-O, 2 Sangria Cookies, GMO Cake, Cowboy Caviar, and Mountain Berry.
For regs I have 2 Burnside, 2 Amy Aces, and 3 John Lemon, 3 Pam Anderson F3, 3 Homecoming Queen, and the 4 (prolly one or two) Grapefruit.

The Late choices were the Cowboy Caviar because it was a fem, and it is OG on OG with a side of OG. Didn't really have that in the mix. The Homecoming Queen was another CLG line I stocked up on. Dropping them hoping to get a girl but if I remember right it was pretty male heavy - or I got an oddball pack first time. The Burnside is from Smiley's Garden, and is one of the Mean Gene crosses I have that might as well be in there. It has his Sky Cuddler Kush - which I grew a runty struggler of and it was still fire. Smoking it today.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
More thinking. Since I have three separate areas in the flower room, if needed I can try doing two or three different male areas. It's all for fun so it'll keep them mostly isolated. I've never had a plant that hermed seed another tent. Both tents and the closet have separate exhausts through the ceiling.

After I flip I'll be making some hard last minute choices as they start picking genders.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If I start with The Stones, then the Thunderhole and Deep Chunk - I have actually been dropping whole packs!!!

Expect that to continue. After the chuck I think I'll be basing drops on clone space. Starting with The Stones I want to be able to smoke and cull.

I have the oudoor veggie garden drops in a few months and there will be clones everywhere still from this chuck. I don't think I'll keep any males, and some females I'm only keeping the clone to flower after the chuck. But I'll be keeping the T-hole and Deep Chunk girls until I know what's up.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One thing I have found beneficial doing the living soil/small pot thing is keeping the watering schedule regular, but varying how much I water each plant. Some pots the cover crops I planted at transplant die off because the plants don't need as much water then, but the cover stuff does. So when I say "everything got water" some might get a sip and some a pint.

in here the 4 Stones, the CLHP that is stretching a bit, and the two 10+weekers. The Durban Poison and the Skunkwater x Pandemic look to be another two weeks at least.
IMG_3228.JPG
The Dogma is close in here, nice frosted spiky golfballs all over. It's a sweeter chem smell and between it and the John Lemon next to it the tent has a nice fresh sweet smell with a hint of citrus. I am not impressed at all with the "award winning" BC Lemon Skunk. Looks like a leafy fucking mess that I think has some brachts hiding in there somewhere? Leaf to what ratio? 😜 I pulled it from the chuck plan and that sack of fems is now a hunt-pack like regs I guess. But it's all about the smoke so I'll hold off judgement for now.
IMG_3229.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Now I still have 22 beans to stick in soil. I forgot to mix beans and water until about 11am so I'm holding off until 11pm to see if they all sank.

I heard good and bad about peroxide and starting seeds. The only bad part being about killing any microbial life on the seed.

Thinking about it, if they were my seeds grown in the same living soil that might make a difference. There are breeders like Rasta Jeff that do everything hydro. Nothing wrong with the beans but there is no biological consideration in his breeding program.

Here's what I worked out for me. I have a plastic shotglass of water for each strain warming on the heat mat. If it gets too warm I'll raise it on an upside-down tray but I use the mat always.

I have another set of labeled cups that already have the dry beans in them.

Bean strain "A" is in shotglass "A" until the bean goes into cup A1, A2, etc.

I have a little spray bottle of h2o2 and I squirt just a tiny bit on the seed(s) and swirl it around then I dump one of the cups of warm water into it.

Now instead of 3% it's like .00003% and it's neutral in no time.

I have one more cup of water on the heat mat and it has my life in it. I have used Recharge and had success, but I don't think they need the molasses powder so I am trying Rootwise now. After about an hour I'll squirt a 1ml syringe of the microbe stuff into each seed cup. The leftover I put in a spray bottle for when I put the seeds in the soil.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I forgot about the John Lemon. 25 beans and I had to get three more cups ready. This batch not everything gets cloned. Just the stuff I never tried and want to smoke, or stuff I have tried and I want to smoke 🤷‍♂️ but stuff like the John Lemon I have plenty of and the real estate is worh more to me than maybe finding another pheno. I think The Burnside the Homecoming Queen, and the Grapefruit I want to keep a girl clone of.

In this batch I have the GMO Cake and Sangria Cookies that wiped out a line item on my seedbank list. Those get long-term cloned like the Thunderhole and Deep Chunk.
IMG_3235.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So I guess that's the last beans I'll be dropping for a bit. After the pollen flies and gets cleaned up then I'll be running whatever girl clones I saved for smoke. I need to do the math and figure out how many clones that'll be and if it's too much hassle for some