The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
By "one-hitter" I mean that a single bong rip and you immediately feel the effects. I like to wander around a bit and check it out and see how that one hit did me. But this is my JOB ;) I'm damn sure not stopping at one hit LOL. Quitters never win! :ROFLMAO:

So upon further investigation, both got me stoneder on the second hit.Then the third... 😆

On the honesty side - I'm lucky I snagged the PamxKMR when I did because that bitch had a few nanners too. Sucks for bag appeal but it obviouosly didn't mess with the high.

The Lime Wilson has an interesting taste that ain't lime yet but might be later. Both are a really cool high and that's what matters. 2 for 2 baby!

How this plays out is that the Lime Wilson will cure out. I'm done playing with it and after burping is done it slides right to the top shelf for me to nibble on until it's gone. The Pam Kanduhar has fucking nanners in it. I'll start rolling fatties of that now as needed and when it's gone, fuck it.

Why I do ths buck-shot growing with a random scatter of strains is to file them for the real grow. In this instance the Pam slides into the "drop them all and find a good one" when I'm in the mood to mom one for a while and make some bulk. The Lime Wilson will stay in the "drop a few" with a mix of other fire strains where I just want a girl or two. And I'll veg them a little longer.

I have decided on 6 of the Irie regs. Three-ish more plants should round out the John Lemons, Purple Heart etc and the slow plants I set back from flipping. I have to decide now between dank and fruit. There's stawberry, orange, pineapple etc. all crossed with the "Arise" male he uses. Then there's the dank side with The Cream, The Machine and Jack the Ripper. :unsure:

I think dank!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's my play tent. Some stuff I am growing just to see what happens because I never grew it before. The latest drop is at the bottom. Ever grown a strawberry from seed? Me niether. It was outside since spring and I just brought it out of quarantine by the kitchen sink LOL
IMG_2441.JPG
The Chem Moms - as long as they live. The '91 had the root sticking up out of the soil and it was a curly-Q mess. I carefully positioned it with the leafy part up then covered all the roots. If it gets bigger I'll add soil asap.
IMG_2444.JPG
I got the story on the M&S - not a tester. I guess @J.James got a small sack of seeds from a farmer in Costa Rica and I got to try a few. I hope this eventually ends up being a girl. Sugar indeed!
IMG_2447.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The "sweet mace" marigold may be a part of a cover crop. I had to thin it out a bunch and just the little coty's crushed smelled like licorice. It's supposed to be a smaller/shorter plant with lots of tiny flowers instead of regular marigold size.

The rest is like a big herb garden. I have a spare 200w veg light, and sometime soon I am going to put it in the clone tent, then hang that 100w AC Infinity light over the kitchen table :) I don't have enough window sill space for a decent herb garden. The ACI light looks like something you could hang in the house. It has a fat power cord going to it but that's it. No wierd heat sinks or bare wires with WAGO's hanging out.

Sometthing to add a little oxygen to my winter hibernation.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Did some checking on the Irie beans I dropped. The Jack the Ripper is pure subcool stock for what that's worth. Rasta Jeff popped a fat sack "in honor of..." after he died and selected three pheno's to F2. Long story short I got the lime one.

Jack The Ripper F2 | IRIE GENETICS

The Purple Heart is a partial CBD strain. Figured it was gonna be, but I just found the info on that same site. He crossed t with his "Afterglow" high THC male, and it says "many" plants exhibit 1:1... Another decarber. But I'll ty smoking some of his version and maybe it'll not suck like Adam Dunns crap.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Here's my play tent. Some stuff I am growing just to see what happens because I never grew it before. The latest drop is at the bottom. Ever grown a strawberry from seed? Me niether. It was outside since spring and I just brought it out of quarantine by the kitchen sink LOL
View attachment 120262
The Chem Moms - as long as they live. The '91 had the root sticking up out of the soil and it was a curly-Q mess. I carefully positioned it with the leafy part up then covered all the roots. If it gets bigger I'll add soil asap.
View attachment 120263
I got the story on the M&S - not a tester. I guess @J.James got a small sack of seeds from a farmer in Costa Rica and I got to try a few. I hope this eventually ends up being a girl. Sugar indeed!
View attachment 120264
I want to watch this one my need to check ,this out if to turns out good.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I want to watch this one my need to check ,this out if to turns out good.
Wake-n-bake blog entry LOL

If you are talking about the veggie/herb stuff, all seeds are from Baker Creek unless I got them out of the yard. So far I have been concentrating on cover crops I can eat. Their tiny bok choy and the crisp mint lettuce are both a good size. I had some broccolini and cabbage in a few but started chopping them when I heard that's not the best companion plants. The cabbage started looking like a PM magnet and the broccoli stuff is something to do with root exudates. The Tom Thumb lettuce looks to be doing well, but it's supposed to make little heads of lettuce and not be a leafy romain type. I don't see there being time for that before harvestr but it looks like it would be edible as is.

I am going to rig a cage around the tent for a trellis. The "spoon tomato" I have outside is a fence-walker like a bean, real dainty. The tomatoes are pea sized and have a strong tomato flavor. Not too prolific outside though, I think birds have been getting them. The MSG cuke is a Mexican Sour Gherkin. The berries on it look like cucumbers but aren't. It looks more like a grape vine than a cuke. thin leaves. It's another I haven't gotten a good taste of outside because the wildlife likes it and it's their size. If nothing else I'll put some vetch in there, thin and viny with flowers.

The weed being in there is just because there's room. I like having the option for stuff like the Milk and Sugar that I know is going to be there a while but I still have that mini tent that's empty now that will go back to being for seedlings if I need space.

I just love growing things. Perfecting indoor growing for weed just translates easily to other stuff. Not all stuff though. So I am finding out what likes this particular indoor set-up. I know peppers are supposed to. Tomatoes not so much but I have a mini-plant for cherry tomatoes made for indoor. Random stuff though. the strawberry from seed? 😆 Who does that? But if I have that in the corner and it eventually starts putting out runners that would be cool. Never grown brussel sprouts. Supposed to be tall and skinny and prolific though - sounds like tent food.

When it comes to getting starts for next years garden going I should have it on rails.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I started just taking a pic of how I generally start the morning after I snag a few quick bong-rips. I keep a selection of flower ground up. I usually grab a small handfull (about an 8th?) and roll one, then what's left over goes in a tube. I haven't packed a cone in a bit.
IMG_2459.JPG
Then I figured what the hell, I'd do an assembly line to get some pre-rolls ready. Momma Moonshine is my most plentiful, and I wanted to show the big roller. I don't use it much but it's handy.
IMG_2471.JPGIMG_2472.JPG
The ribbon thing is adjustable on both, on the large one there are 6 different positions for the thickness setting. You can pull it completely off and clean it, but it actually works better a little gummy.

Pack it loose but even. If you want to center a hash snake in a joint this is the perfect contraption. Add a crutch, whatever.
IMG_2460.JPG
You close the lid about halfway and it will crimp it into a nice roll,
IMG_2461.JPG
but the excess will also get rolled into it if you just toss the paper down and close it.
IMG_2463.JPG
Easiest solution is to use the little wood pick (or whatever) to scrape that excess off while you have it half closed. You can dump the excess then get the perfect roll. You lick at least part of the paper before yo close it.
IMG_2464.JPG
On the small model you have to push the gummed part down, but on the larger one the whole paper fits on the ribbon so it ejects already sealed.
IMG_2468.JPG
The big one makes party joints - not my style but fun - down to virginia slims. I tried one of those with the DeChempose and it was fully resonated by half the joint. They both stay on the fattest setting.
IMG_2474.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Matthew Riot - YouTube

Breeders syndicate is great. I could listen to Notsodog talk for days. He has a hypnotists voice :ROFLMAO:

I am getting ready to pop more seeds. I have a mission now. A little nugget I picked up on the Haze and Piff episode is that hazes in general grow best if they are 6-8 months old before they get flowered. So if you get an old haze cut, flower it. But from seed it is best to let it go, clone it, let that go, however many times so that the mom stock is old enough before you flip.

The Albany Piff would have probably benefitted from that. Any of @High kev s piff/haze crosses may get this treatment as long as they don't have a regular short flowering mom.

For now I have some Mr. Nice seeds I have been hanging onto waiting for the right time. Having this 6-8month window as the goal I can drop a set now and figure it out later. The Stones - "Master Kush side of strains. Bringing the double Haze male" (Haze A & C) seems to be the one to try it on.

I'll have however many girls out of 6 to long veg and re/clone. Plus the ChemD mom, and it looks like maybe the Chem91 but the jury is still out on that one. I'll take a few cuts early to sex them then keep the girls going until summer.

Hot fucking mess right?

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Matthew Riot - YouTube

Breeders syndicate is great. I could listen to Notsodog talk for days. He has a hypnotists voice :ROFLMAO:

I am getting ready to pop more seeds. I have a mission now. A little nugget I picked up on the Haze and Piff episode is that hazes in general grow best if they are 6-8 months old before they get flowered. So if you get an old haze cut, flower it. But from seed it is best to let it go, clone it, let that go, however many times so that the mom stock is old enough before you flip.

The Albany Piff would have probably benefitted from that. Any of @High kev s piff/haze crosses may get this treatment as long as they don't have a regular short flowering mom.

For now I have some Mr. Nice seeds I have been hanging onto waiting for the right time. Having this 6-8month window as the goal I can drop a set now and figure it out later. The Stones - "Master Kush side of strains. Bringing the double Haze male" (Haze A & C) seems to be the one to try it on.

I'll have however many girls out of 6 to long veg and re/clone. Plus the ChemD mom, and it looks like maybe the Chem91 but the jury is still out on that one. I'll take a few cuts early to sex them then keep the girls going until summer.

Hot fucking mess right?
r u a glutton for punishment or what@H.A.F.?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
r u a glutton for punishment or what@H.A.F.?
I have an empty tent and the closet of plants to fill it. I have another tent that'll start clearing out soon. I have a few plants ready to fill in the gaps but I'll have the closet back to 18/6 and/or empty in no time.

The culling is about to start in the closet. The first Reveille showed a nut - i think - and both Amy Aces and Gods Paintbrush are showing. Not in a big hurry to cull so I'm waiting to make sure.

I grow perpetual. The Lemon Cello just got topped so it has a few weeks if I don't do a manifold. The Skunkwater is getting good sprouts and might get flipped as soon as I cull something. It'll start looking thin if I don't keep dropping beans ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Purple Heart is a fem, but a CBD - not that excited about it. The John Lemon are regs. I'll take three girls but I'm hoping for at least one.

The ChemD and Chem91, and The Stones are going to be long term projects and not leave the clone tent for a while.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I have an empty tent and the closet of plants to fill it. I have another tent that'll start clearing out soon. I have a few plants ready to fill in the gaps but I'll have the closet back to 18/6 and/or empty in no time.

The culling is about to start in the closet. The first Reveille showed a nut - i think - and both Amy Aces and Gods Paintbrush are showing. Not in a big hurry to cull so I'm waiting to make sure.

I grow perpetual. The Lemon Cello just got topped so it has a few weeks if I don't do a manifold. The Skunkwater is getting good sprouts and might get flipped as soon as I cull something. It'll start looking thin if I don't keep dropping beans ;)
i clipped the top foot and a half off a frankenstine photo last nite wnat to see the lowers bulk uplike the main cola@ 80% cloudy ,maybe 8%amber wait for the cure, is my game right now , mold and bugs have been rough on plants this year with the out door.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The Purple Heart is a fem, but a CBD - not that excited about it. The John Lemon are regs. I'll take three girls but I'm hoping for at least one.

The ChemD and Chem91, and The Stones are going to be long term projects and not leave the clone tent for a while.
i've started to take cuts from a white runtz ,pink runtz is next they are at about two weeks apart, the galatic runtz went male under 18/6 light !soo to the mulch pile it went still have beans for that one.took the backhoe to the mulch pile agin, yesterday and rolled it over agin, added some rotting willow wood to the mix.from the looks of the old willow i will have more rotting wood by spring to add to the pile .i do'nt have a plow for the tractor but i have the hoe ,so you know how my garden is to be broken up before the disk goes across it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2835

i've started to take cuts from a white runtz ,pink runtz is next they are at about two weeks apart, the galatic runtz went male under 18/6 light !soo to the mulch pile it went still have beans for that one.took the backhoe to the mulch pile agin, yesterday and rolled it over agin, added some rotting willow wood to the mix.from the looks of the old willow i will have more rotting wood by spring to add to the pile .i do'nt have a plow for the tractor but i have the hoe ,so you know how my garden is to be broken up before the disk goes across it.
Have you ever ran purple runtz?