The James Gang

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I guess that explains the reason why I grow so many plants. I like being a weed snob. It's part of the fun of this hobby and I always have fire to smoke. I feel like Scarlet O'Hara looking at the burned out 12-Oaks, "As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again!!!" - for weed LOL
my feelings also!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Thanks, but I ain't a farmer yet. I think I may have a knack for it or a green thumb or something, but I also love to smoke weed a LOT - so I care. I was raised in New Orleans with a garden beside the house in the flower bed. Never was near a farm or had land to play with like this. I'm learning as I go and taking notes (this) and I don't care if I fuck something up and people see it. Early pages of this I was burning plants left and right. Looking at dumb-ass ways to conserve weed - because that's what true stoners do if they don't have a good stash. Now :unsure:

Here's part of why I have been putting stuff off. I needed freezer space for food. That meant decision time. :ROFLMAO: What's 180-ish grams? Almost half a pound that is getting cooked and washed :cool: I rolled the 1g bag of culls across a 1/2" and 1/4" grid. All the stuff on the frisbie, and about half of the larges are getting decarbed right now.
View attachment 120082
This is from the CLG contest purple plants to date. Some is just the last little bit that didn't age well, some is whole plants that didn't do it for me.
View attachment 120083
I have 3 decarb machines going and the larges are in the big one. 78g of that didn't fit. That's not a scary amount for a bubble run. One ice-maker tub of ice should do it. The other option is dry sift. It's not going back in the freezer so that might be the ticket. I can let it dry out and that's good. The shake from the bowl already got screened and I have a few grams of glands.
I still do not have the reserves , i would like to have ,i made rso out of bout1/2 of the last harvest and still have enought to hold me till new year ,i started taking cuts of different plants, in this current grow ,my clone rates are getting better !!

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Stoner snacks - living soil geek gardener style. I love snacking over meals, but not trash. I like to have a big pot of soup or stew or chili in the fridge and be able to warm some up whenever. I like to add some fresh stuff when I reheat it so it's just better. How many other stoners you know out picking winged beans at midnight? :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 119928
I only planted a few plants of each type of bean I tried and this is the only one to do well. Just picked a mess two days ago and these are the ones I could find ripe enough in the dark :cool: These are tender and don't have an overpowering bean flavor like some green beans have. The plant itself is a tangles mess of vines on the fence that has stayed green through the dry spells. I only hand water so far with a hose, so they don't get babied. I want stuff that's easy and prolific - and good. The bio-mass of my compost pile this fall should be impressive. But they store for shit. The wing-things will get brown if you pick themand try to store them in the fridgefor more than a day.
@H.A.F.are the winged beans a pole type or a bush bean?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@H.A.F.are the winged beans a pole type or a bush bean?
Verrrry pole. I think three plants took over a corner of the fence. Nice blue flowers the hummingbirds love, and the beans can get huge. The only drawback to them I see is you pretty much need to go harvest-to-pot. Storage is the downside I think. They start looking harsh with the wings browning like a cut apple after a day.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I still do not have the reserves , i would like to have ,i made rso out of bout1/2 of the last harvest and still have enought to hold me till new year
I have had comfortable strategic cannabis reserves for a while now, but the culling is a new thing. I honestly think that since I started growing organic and not fucking recipes up the stuff has gotten more potent, or lasts longer or something. People want to down-talk it - but I ain't that good.

I think it took that contest where I had more plants than I was initially comfortable with to put me over the top where I can be selective at harvest or just after it's dry instead of having to jar everything then gradually replace good with better.

But as I learn what terps and strains rock my boat I am also selecting better stuff to grow that has a possibility of meeting my needs. Or what breeders, since their selections during the process are what make the weed.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random stoner note. The moon phase planting has been pretty spot on so I'll mostly be sticking with it now. Decided to get a poster so I'd have 2023 at a glance with graphics instead of little circles in the corner of a regular calendar.

Out of curiosity I printed up a copy and circled all the dates of my harvests in 2022. there were a few randoms, but in general the bulk of them fell within a few days of either the full moon OR the new moon.

Looking at the tents now - during the new moon - and I have the BA the the G13G that could harvest any day. Me letting them go is just because they're healthy and no nanners LOL. But the rest from that drop look to have at least a week left. Wanna bet they have two more weeks left - or four?

Anyone else notice anything like that?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So dropping beans with the new moon is pretty legit. All about gravity.

That would mean the harvest part is effected by extremes either way instead of just the pull in one direction?

High is good :cool:

And remember, gravity is not just a good idea - IT'S THE LAW!!!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Verrrry pole. I think three plants took over a corner of the fence. Nice blue flowers the hummingbirds love, and the beans can get huge. The only drawback to them I see is you pretty much need to go harvest-to-pot. Storage is the downside I think. They start looking harsh with the wings browning like a cut apple after a day.
my wife thought they looked cool.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This year was a throw away and I got some good general info for the garden and soil, sun/shade etc. Next year will be a better attempt at planting everything and seeing what works.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Fall is cool here. The autumn concert series has started...

Across the road and about a 1/4 mile down there's an old barn the owner refurbished and put a huge patio/awning on. By a lake, small pier, folding tables and chairs - all for rent to city folk for wedding receptions and graduation parties :ROFLMAO:

Far enough away that I can be inside and not be bothered but I can sit on the porch and listen if they have decent music.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was burping the skunks and the one that got harvested on the 4th (mid cycle) isn't near as dank as the one harvested 9/11 (full moon). I bet if I compared the recent "culls" to harvest time it would be similar. Crazy stuff.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The babies are 90% killing it. The Reveille runt has regular foliage now, even the mini M&S runt os praying - the Gods Paintbrush in the corner is not happy and hasn't been ever. IMG_2356.JPG
Checking trichs and had one section of one pic really focused. Nice uniform trich formation and gland size on the BA. I guess GMO's washing well and this pic make sense.
IMG_2363.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The babies are 90% killing it. The Reveille runt has regular foliage now, even the mini M&S runt os praying - the Gods Paintbrush in the corner is not happy and hasn't been ever. View attachment 120108
Checking trichs and had one section of one pic really focused. Nice uniform trich formation and gland size on the BA. I guess GMO's washing well and this pic make sense.
View attachment 120109
ahhh to have smell a page!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Fall is cool here. The autumn concert series has started...

Across the road and about a 1/4 mile down there's an old barn the owner refurbished and put a huge patio/awning on. By a lake, small pier, folding tables and chairs - all for rent to city folk for wedding receptions and graduation parties :ROFLMAO:

Far enough away that I can be inside and not be bothered but I can sit on the porch and listen if they have decent music.
got the hoe running i think ,will use it to break up the gardenfor next year, need rain first ,dirt is hard enough to,smoke tires on it's been dry.combines pickin soy beans clouded up the whole valley,a few days back.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Random stoner note. The moon phase planting has been pretty spot on so I'll mostly be sticking with it now. Decided to get a poster so I'd have 2023 at a glance with graphics instead of little circles in the corner of a regular calendar.

Out of curiosity I printed up a copy and circled all the dates of my harvests in 2022. there were a few randoms, but in general the bulk of them fell within a few days of either the full moon OR the new moon.

Looking at the tents now - during the new moon - and I have the BA the the G13G that could harvest any day. Me letting them go is just because they're healthy and no nanners LOL. But the rest from that drop look to have at least a week left. Wanna bet they have two more weeks left - or four?

Anyone else notice anything like that?
this i need to try, thanks @H.A.F.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wednesday the closet hits 4 weeks. I need to remember that they have another week plus after flip they'll be stretching and still in the 1g pots.

If the Reveille wasn't a tester I'd hold that runt back a little. The Milk & Sugar will go in the 3x3 veg tent to chill under lower light for a while. Might induce some stretch. Every leaf is frosty so I don't want to cull it.