The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have marigold plants in a few places and so far I have been just plucking the dying flowers every few days before they droop and lose the seeds on the ground. My main concern was having an infestation of marigolds popping up next year. Too much of anything is bad. When the first frost hits I'll have a few shrubs hanging. The first batch I got a pack of seeds from walmart. They got about 6" tall and had a few flowers each. I saved those seeds (little bag) and planted a tray full. This is from the flowers I plucked so far.
IMG_2478.JPG
I am obsessed now, and I think I'll have a gallon or two before it's all over. There's nothing to getting the seeds out of the dried flowers, it smells great, and I am going to have another jar full of just the dried petals to do something with - or maybe a 5g bucket?
IMG_2482.JPG
I have also been marking and collecting seeds from cool flowers in the yard. I spread some wild-flower seeds in the spring and forgot about them. I have some popping now that look like marigold plants, but have wide-petal flowers from orange to purple. Found another morning glory today and marked it. Last one was blue, this one is purple. They don't have lots of seeds though. maybe 5 per flower and they are actual seeds instead of the paper-dart-things.

I got the tent rearranged before I dropped beans to make sure I had room, to include spreading out all the random shit so it has room to grow.
But I may fire up that mini tent just for the seedlings. It tends to be a few degrees warmer. Lemon Cello topped, and the SW x P that's going to the flip room as soon as I cull a boy.
IMG_2477.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The prospects look good from the accidental pollenation. I took down the CBG plant, and hanging it up I noticed quite a few seeds. I will probably have to rig a catch-net under it because some are barely hanging in the papers. When I was hanging it I saw that the Polecat91 top I had to chop was fairly dry.

First - it reeks. Real excited. Second, while it caught a little pollen it is at an acceptable level of 'seeded'. I'll let these two gems dry out real well and eventually pop them. I can see the clone tent also being a project tent for stuff like that.

Anyway, it is super sticky and it has a skunk-cabbage smell to it more tha the animal musk - but that's the early top-chop so we'll see. Smoking this later.
IMG_2487.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random edible note: I made buddered coffee with the same amount of butter I might put on toast or something before bed. In coffee it completely knocks that sleep effect off. So possibly caffeine can change everything.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Speaking of coffee... Got my first cull (Reveille male) but I also got my first two definite girls - both Amy Aces! Pretty stoked. And as far as the beans go $60 for 20 regs is great, considering I popped two, got two girls, and still have 20 beans left. It's out of stock now, but it's the only strain he sells beans of so it'll re-stock. The "RB Proprietary" stands for redstate bagseed :cool: but if you hear him on a podcast he sounds exactly like Vin Diesel.

Amy Aces ((RB)ProprietaryxCheesequake) - Dagga Garden

I may fire the second tent back up and spread things out a bit, and maybe get the girls new pots as needed instead of all in a big chore.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Savage Headband is almost 8 weeks and not close, the other two hit 10 weeks on the 3rd.
IMG_2490.JPG
I'll be chopping both based on thelowers I think, the tops just keep going. Bad Attitude getting milky
IMG_2492.JPG
The Puna Lites has really thin, double-serrated leaves and doesn't look as harch going long. Looks normal
IMG_2499.JPG
The Amy's just got 1g's, so I'm waiting a bit to up-pot. Probably be a mess.
IMG_2489.JPG
One cull and I pulled the SWxP in
IMG_2488.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh, the Polecat I took the top off of showed another nanner and is gone. Should be excellent smoke. Window is supposed to be 52-62 so it's in there.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I have marigold plants in a few places and so far I have been just plucking the dying flowers every few days before they droop and lose the seeds on the ground. My main concern was having an infestation of marigolds popping up next year. Too much of anything is bad. When the first frost hits I'll have a few shrubs hanging. The first batch I got a pack of seeds from walmart. They got about 6" tall and had a few flowers each. I saved those seeds (little bag) and planted a tray full. This is from the flowers I plucked so far.
View attachment 120361
I am obsessed now, and I think I'll have a gallon or two before it's all over. There's nothing to getting the seeds out of the dried flowers, it smells great, and I am going to have another jar full of just the dried petals to do something with - or maybe a 5g bucket?
View attachment 120363

Nice tomato training, I really like calendula and mariigold both easy pleasing flower to grow and collect seeds from.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Nice tomato training
I got that from a video of a big production facility a few years ago. It has really helped with the bugs pruning away all the old lower stuff.

They had a movable system so the tops could get lowered and rolled sideways so the bare stalks all laid on the ground. That's next year. This year I have culled and replaced most of them, the good ones are now canopy tomatoes and I have strings everywhere for them to hang from. Hot mess.

The build-a-soil dudes wife has video's of their little production greenhouse and she has the same thing for tomatoes and cucumbers.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
This tent is the no-nanner tent. It has the Bad Attitude (the close-to-ripe one) that lost limbs because she tossed a few early, but nothing since. It's looking like I might want to hang on to any of those bagseeds.
View attachment 120187
The taller BA is showing some fade, but not finishing.
View attachment 120189
The former pollen donor has no fade but is a few days from ready. Lots of milk and an amber here and there. Only a few places with late pistils.
View attachment 120190
The G13G is also real close
View attachment 120188
And this is the mutant that I didn't clone. You can see the frost rails from space. Pingpong balls all the way to the bottom.
Might leave the lowers and see if it'll re-veg. Rasta Jeff had a trick for that I may try. Once it's a week to ten days from harvest switch it back to 18/6. It won't have long enough to re-veg, but hormonally the process will start while you have a normal healthy plant. Probably stick it in a bigger pot then too.
View attachment 120191
i will try to keep that one in my mind to try later!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Interesting, the stalks on the ground probably grow roots too. Is that also a goal of that technique?
From what I saw on the video no. I think getting it protected with soil and rooted might be beneficial, but then you also have your green/live/foodplant in the dirt. Probably a good way for pathogens to get in the stem. I have some stems that got kinked, and they grow through it. Same as supercropping weed. Protecting them from getting broken would be my main concern.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Polecat top that I beheaded a week ago is good smoke. Its body that I took yesterday at 8 weeks should be real nice. I have the time to spend with the plants so if that is how they say they're done that's fine as long as they'e done. I don't think I have had a bud-nanner pollute a tent yet. It's those that are actual flowers that hide under the nugs that get me. At least the nanners are bright and shiny and yell "HEY! LOOK AT ME!!!" :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They got a dose from sample packs of Ful-power, Ful-humix and Ion-14 (silica) last night. If it said use 1tbsp/gl I used that much in 3 gallons.
IMG_2519.JPG
Both Savage Headband are on the right. The runt has tops twice the density as the regular plant. Glad I haven't done any defoliation so I can have those leaves to help it re-veg.
IMG_2522.JPG
The short tent
IMG_2526.JPG
Had a burger last night. Fresh tomato and an entire "head" of this tom thumb lettuce. Definitely a good inside crop, and if it's supposed to shade the soil and prevent evaporation it's got full coverage. IMG_2528.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I did a stoner word search on Amazon looking at options for a fence/cage/whatever and the best I found was a DIY compost cage. The 4-panel cage was coated, sturdy, and easy to assemble and take apart.IMG_2530.JPG
I just hung two pieces with zip-straps for now since the little cucumber is starting to tendril. That and a few others need new pots, but I am also looking at other climbing stuff I have I can plant for the winter. I have a few local wildflowers I have collected I want to grow for more seeds. One is a hairy vetch that needs something to hang on to.
IMG_2531.JPG
One Jack the Ripper was a dud from the Irie drop. The rest are cool. Don't know if the Chem91 is actually growing or just staying alive.
IMG_2533.JPG
One of The Machine is rocking the triploid. If I get clones going this might be one to snag as well. All waiting on sex though - no veg clones from regs. Having grown a few this is a good one. Some have a runty Finding Nemo side.
IMG_2534.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Pulled the Bad Attitude at 10 weeks and a few days. Want an easy-trim cash crop? I saw that Dojo seedbank still has these available so I am glad I didn't go apeshit about taking clones. Between the two I'll have enough to get sick of it unless it's special. One donkey-dick, 122g wet. You could grow a sea of green of these and it would do bettter than a regular one just because these are genetically prone to having golfballs all the way down the main stem. Most clones are going to want to branch on the lowers.
IMG_2540.JPG
I don't think the top would have ever gotten done, but the lowers are all good. Here's a couple of angles, same bud.
IMG_2547.JPG
IMG_2545.JPG
That tent is down to the Puna Lites and the two Savage Headband. The Puna looks to go 11wks. Didn't get a pic - yet. But after checking pics I ain't done. The Northern Lights got lightly seeded from the BA, so has looked a little wonky compared to what I'm used to seeing. Odd brown pistils early where the seeds were. Anywhooo, It's 8 weeks and a day, so I snagged a pic to check.
IMG_2537.JPG
Then I zoomed in and changed my plans ;) That's just leaf ambers but that's a LOT for me. That means the original stuff on the flowers is at about that stage too.
IMG_2537 (2).JPG
My plans were to up-pot 4 plants. I have a Reveille, a Durb and two Amy's all pistil-packin' princesses. But they are also all very happy abd went two days without drying and drooping. I can put it off another day if I want. They are water drunk now, not dry-droopy. 😜
IMG_2535.JPG
I'd like to sort out the rest of these and pot everything at once, but then that's a bigger fucking chore to pot more plants at once. Who knows. I lost the happy Gods Paintbrush and am left with the lollygagger. Lost two more Reveille so I am down to 4 with one more likely a boy.
IMG_2536.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On the NL, it looks leafy, probably because of the seed thing, so I'll probably let it get extra dry. The leafy part will rock if that leaf hash is legit. And it look to be some well-done plump trich's, even though they aren't that dense. .