The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Good thing about having males to cull. I am now not the least bit worried about the plants being rootbound. There are some circling the bottom, but the soil was barely held together.

It's a pain to keep the empty 5g's watered while the worms and stuff take care of the roots. They were getting dry enough that the worm population was dying off. Probably need to have two separate batches of soil so I can keep adding to one and re-ammending, but stop at some point so that soil is ready for use and start filling up a second one. Then I can dump the pots immediately. I'll compost the roots so the end result will be the same, but this might be best for keeping a good consistency to the soil. Not too much veg matter in it breaking down and compacting.

Second CLHP dud in a row I think, those are some of the oldest seeds I have and they have been in every storage method I have tried. I'm letting it sit to see if it's slow, but no worries. I may have to drop the rest from that one pack and grow a small crop next try. Lost one of The Stones so those were 5 of 6. Two haven't broken ground yet but a tiny bit of excavation revealed the curl of the stem. Covered them back up and gave 'em a spritz.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I just connected why I grow pretty well. I like to analyze stuff. All the pics and thoughts and processes I post is mostly for me. In between going through pics and making the post I fixed a "duh" that I didn't notice looking in the tents. The mini tent got split between a full humidity and a mostly humid based on seedling size. That mini fan is the shit. Dome mostly closed but air moving.
IMG_2549.JPG
I have the ones that need wind
IMG_2551.JPG
and the ones that don't yet
IMG_2552.JPG
And next door I have the 3x3 with lollygaggers and the toddlers hardening off.
IMG_2553.JPG
Looking at this pic I notices how tiny the ChemD is and wondered why I didn't still have it in a dome... :unsure: So before I even posted I went back in and fixed it
IMG_2555.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Do you use a seed start mix, blend your own or it's all the same and you just add the rice hulls when they move out of the domes?
I use a blend of different seed starter mixes. I like the quality of the coast of maine stuff, but the consistency is shit. I sift it through a 1/4" grid to get the sticks out.. The Black Gold seed starter is beautiful consistency. You can just run your fingers through it and be high and happy LOL. But it compacts pretty bad once wet. I sift the one and mix it with the other. And I only use about a 1/4cup per seedling.

The cups have a TBSP of fine pumice in the bottom, then a 1/4 cup of castings or vermicompost, then fill the cup with soil except for a shot-glass in the middle. That gets pulled then the seedling soil dumped on (full coverage) then leveled off, then I give the works a good tap or three on the table to get it situated.

I have a little wooden dowel that came in a King Palm blunt wrap thats about 1/4" diameter but tapered and then blunt on the end. I have that marked off at 1/2" abnd 1" and I use it (or something similar) to plant all my seeds. I poke the 1/2" deep hole then use tweezers to drop the seed in letting it fall however as long as it gets to the bottom. Then I use both thumbs and index fingers and pinch it closed like a little pyramid so it keeps the seed at the right depth.

The castings are moist, the soil is kind of moist, and the seed starter is mostly dry. Once the beans are set I give each cup a dozen or so spritzes with a water that has a little recharge and myco's in it.

I can do a few pics next drop. The pyramid thing comes from dropping a lit of beans. If I do that real quick after I place each bean in the hole I don't end up forgeting which ones are done. No double drops then looking at an empty cup with no beans left ;)

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I use a blend of different seed starter mixes. I like the quality of the coast of maine stuff, but the consistency is shit. I sift it through a 1/4" grid to get the sticks out.. The Black Gold seed starter is beautiful consistency. You can just run your fingers through it and be high and happy LOL. But it compacts pretty bad once wet. I sift the one and mix it with the other. And I only use about a 1/4cup per seedling.

The cups have a TBSP of fine pumice in the bottom, then a 1/4 cup of castings or vermicompost, then fill the cup with soil except for a shot-glass in the middle. That gets pulled then the seedling soil dumped on (full coverage) then leveled off, then I give the works a good tap or three on the table to get it situated.

I have a little wooden dowel that came in a King Palm blunt wrap thats about 1/4" diameter but tapered and then blunt on the end. I have that marked off at 1/2" abnd 1" and I use it (or something similar) to plant all my seeds. I poke the 1/2" deep hole then use tweezers to drop the seed in letting it fall however as long as it gets to the bottom. Then I use both thumbs and index fingers and pinch it closed like a little pyramid so it keeps the seed at the right depth.

The castings are moist, the soil is kind of moist, and the seed starter is mostly dry. Once the beans are set I give each cup a dozen or so spritzes with a water that has a little recharge and myco's in it.

I can do a few pics next drop. The pyramid thing comes from dropping a lit of beans. If I do that real quick after I place each bean in the hole I don't end up forgeting which ones are done. No double drops then looking at an empty cup with no beans left ;)
i have a couple of bags that have caught, the random bean if you keep up, the watering of another plant suprises come up.going to reset every thing in the tent , new soil bags ,a few new catch pans. clean out and sanatize the whole works, wash carbon filter pre filter. what am i missing ,have to study on that one.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i have a couple of bags that have caught, the random bean if you keep up,
I had a Lemon Tree seed itself a little and drop a bean. It sprouted before the grow was done so I transplanted it and grew it out. That was the "Lemon Volunteer". Then I had a tester throw a nut I missed and that plant had 5 beans on it. So technically a second generation breeding project :ROFLMAO:

I grew one of those out and it nannered bad just before the end and was very tasty eary-smoke. Light on the buzz but I think it was at 7 weeks. The fact there was a buzz was cool. But I have a few more chances with that. I was going through all my bagseeds that were worth saving just this morning an adding dates so I could backtrack and note the possible pollen donors.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I had a Lemon Tree seed itself a little and drop a bean. It sprouted before the grow was done so I transplanted it and grew it out. That was the "Lemon Volunteer". Then I had a tester throw a nut I missed and that plant had 5 beans on it. So technically a second generation breeding project :ROFLMAO:

I grew one of those out and it nannered bad just before the end and was very tasty eary-smoke. Light on the buzz but I think it was at 7 weeks. The fact there was a buzz was cool. But I have a few more chances with that. I was going through all my bagseeds that were worth saving just this morning an adding dates so I could backtrack and note the possible pollen donors.
i have a small log of everything ,i've done to beans .i have pollen donor listed also!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i have a small log of everything ,i've done to beans .i have pollen donor listed also!
Seems I mention finding nanners a lot, but that's mainly as a warning for a cross. Most of the time those are late in flower and well into ripening, but it is what it is. I have had very few that were lower flowers that actually let loose, then it's mainly one pollen sack before I notice the shit on a leaf under it. And compared to the volume of beans I crack they are actually pretty rare.

But shit happens, and the fact that I haven't gotten a fully seeded tent out of anything means I'm doing something right. When I find less than a dozen beans in a few ounces that's little treasures. But if I find that in one bud it's hemp... I don't toss pollen intentionally and if something can fully seed itself without me knowing I want nothing to do with it or anything it hit. But when a flower lets loose and I get 20 or so beans split between 5 different plants, that's potential fire.

All will be fems so instead of a 50/50 between male/female it will be 50/50 between herm/not-herm or something close to that. If the mom isn't something I thought was fire they're hemp too. That's less than a 50/50.

But it's then about getting things to flower instead of just to flip so you have a more of a commitment, sometimes to late flower then it's fucked. So it's definitely a project on it's own just growing the bagseeds if I want to make it worth it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lost one of the Durb's to nuts but the singlt Lemon Hashplant cross is a girl, so that's a win. So far no strains are completely out of the ruinning. Any more double males will be in the next drop. The remaining Gods Paintbrush is still a droopy bitch. I hope it's a dude LOL

I was going to take a pic of the new arrangement - but the camera battery was dead and the plants look just like they did yesterday. 😜

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lost two more Reveille and the large Dogma. I still haven't had the heart to compost the Dogma, he is a beautiful man ;) I also chopped the second Polecat. Very putrid. Not skunk though. Yet...
IMG_2570.JPG
His ?sister? 🤞is front right and is still not showing. The SWxP is front center and a later flip, the three on the right are still undecided.
IMG_2582.JPG
So the closet is shut down. I am not overwhelmed and I'll have thin tents. Two of these could chop any day.
IMG_2579.JPG
I have 8 plants hanging, the CBG plant that was dripping seeds is in the mesh bag. The closest to bucking are getting a little longer to dry because of me adding the new plants. IMG_2583.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The John Lemon are almost three weeks and look stellar, the Purple Heart is lanky and looking like a CBD/hemp leaner... The Lemon Cello is not going to stretch so when I pot everything else she gets potted and flipped too. That will be 10 plants between 2 tents, less whatever shows male out of the remaining 4. The Milk & Sugar is a long term project.
IMG_2587.JPG
and the Chem91 runt and the ChemD are also long term projects. The remaining 5 are regs.
IMG_2584.JPG
And The Stones are the ones I plan to run for several months before I flip, cloning the clones etc. Got 4 of 6 and two look fucked. The lefthand have wierd little not-leaf-things popped and may be duds as well.
IMG_2585.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Oh!!!

Now that I got mine, the AC Infinity oscillating fans are out on Amazon so you don't have to pay AC Infinity shipping charges like I did. There's a "dudegrows10 " coupon code just for amazon.
That's my cue I been waiting for cheaper shipping.. Thanks for heads up HAF

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
How I processed it. The CLHP had two duds and I have 8 left from the old pack. 8 fems will fill a tent IF they pop. If I get all eight fuckin' A!
Also dropping a freebie 5-pack of Step Child from Best Coast. First drop from them. I also have their Sour Hebrew National and another 5-pack of the Step Child. This will sort where he other two packs go in the mix.

They are out of the fridge and will get moist someting after they warm up and the water warms up.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
[
I like to let boys grow out when I can safely do so rarely get to see their structure helps me recognize a good stud when I need one for breeding..

QUOTE="H.A.F., post: 203234, member: 467"]
Lost two more Reveille and the large Dogma. I still haven't had the heart to compost the Dogma, he is a beautiful man ;) I also chopped the second Polecat. Very putrid. Not skunk though. Yet...

His ?sister? 🤞is front right and is still not showing. The SWxP is front center and a later flip, the three on the right are still undecided.

So the closet is shut down. I am not overwhelmed and I'll have thin tents. Two of these could chop any day.

I have 8 plants hanging, the CBG plant that was dripping seeds is in the mesh bag. The closest to bucking are getting a little longer to dry because of me adding the new plants.
[/QUOTE]

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I like to let boys grow out when I can safely do so rarely get to see their structure helps me recognize a good stud when I need one for breeding..
Yeah. but since I'm not breeding I'll have to let it go. I could stick it back in veg but it would need a bigger pot or daily watering - not worth it. He's in the kitchen like a houseplant for now LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's my cue I been waiting for cheaper shipping.. Thanks for heads up HAF
I have an oscilator in each tent and the closet, a non-oscillating as the lower fan in both flower tents, and now as themain fan in the mini tent. The 10-speeds is the bomb. The lowest is not too much for seedlings, the highest moves air - all quiet!

I also have a spare oscillator and a spare 6" exhaust fan - as long as I have electricity I'm good.

Anyone want to buy some old vivo-sux fans?