The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The French Macaron tossed nanners 2 days shy of 8 weeks. The freebie bitch wasn't near done. She went from the grow room to the bathroom and got run under the faucet to wet any pollen that might be there. This was an under-the-nug actual flower, open, with a few closed ones beside it. Fuck Adam Dunn. I slung the water off and hung it to dry for now - I'll look at it later to see if I might be abl to sdo something besides compost it.

One of the Polecat91 tossed a few nanners out of the very top. I pulled out the scope on that one and only took the top and the next set of nugs. The nanners are pretty obvious and I saw no others. And I'll be checking it every time I open the tent. The Polecat is a skunky plant already, and I know they are prone to nanner at the drop of a hat. I had a few colder nights in a row where the AC didn't
kick on until mid morning. The other Polecat looks fine so no problem culling if needed.

On the other side of the scale, the G13Genius, the Headlites (a chem cross), and one of the Bad Attitude are looking powdered. The G13 is gonna be 8 weeks 10/2, the BA and Headlites are 9 weeks today.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One thing I can say about the nanners I have been seeing. I grow enough variety to have a good guess when it's me, the strain, or the breeder, or a combination.

When you have two things that nanner and 14 that don't - it ain't me. Unless the lower temps kick one off that is known to be prone to it. Or something else quantifiable. Lost power, timer fucked up, stuff like that. I have dark tents in a dark room and all possible light sources from indicator lights on power strips or whatever are outside the tent.

But the good thing about growing so many plants is that if one pisses me off it's gone. I don't need the smoke that bad and it probably wasn't gonna rock my world anyway.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Theoretically I think I started growing a large assortment hoping I would get something to survive, or so I was guaranteed some smoke if I killed a few. Now it's hoping for fire, but the basics are the same. I plan on culling and when I don't have to that's cool.

Also a reason for the multiple small pots instead of a bed.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Out of the last grow I have the clones I know I liked. The skunkXXX are curing out nice, but the Sangria Cookies is neither sangria nor cookies.
This is straight gas and funk, more than the mom. I didn't keep it because it wasn't the same flavor as the first few but it's a nice one. This is part of my "grinder-fuckers" collection... Scissors or by hand.
IMG_2391.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So far, every time I have had a mutant that was just a hiccup at first or a structural oddity I have gotten great smoke. The Savage Headband may be the most recent example since it is a lot more frosty and plump that it's sister. But there was never anything there to clone before I flipped it. No branching except the two main tops.

I am thinking that for the time being, just hanging on to a clone from mutants might be worthy. I got pissed last night and didn't get any pics, The Reveille runt is another mutant. several seed leaves and sprouts that make no real sense, then the top sorted itself out.

I pruned away lower stuff on all the other seedlings yesterday but not the Reveille. I figute the testers can go au natural. I think I can get some clonable limbs out of the mutant once I see if it's a girl. In general all my mutants have ended up female - take that how you will LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
First off, I previously had my clone tent on a daylight schedule. It was off at night and gave me something to play with during the day when all the other lights were out. Good for veggies - bad for weed. If I wanted to shift something from any other area I had to consider the time difference and whether or not it might re-veg from a short light cycle or get too much light in a time period. Better not to stress them. In this itteration I have the closet and the clone tent on the same schedule. I have some winter playthings getting started, at least one tomato (creeping vine type), and one cucumber/berry/thing will stay in. A few peppers and I may drop more if they are the indoor/ornamental/edible type.

I held back the Lemon Cello since I know it's a girl and I want more smoke. I held back the Skunkwater because it has nothing there vegetatively. The Milk & Sugar is just the cutest thing. No way I can flip that. So these wait.
IMG_2392.JPG
These got the timer buttons pushed and start flipping tomorrow. If the runt/mutant Reveille was by itself I wouldn't flip it. Amazing what a new pot and their first soaking can do - along with some sprouted blue corn tea ;)
IMG_2395.JPG
but there's at least one substantial shoot on the lowers that will be my clone attempt if I can only get one.
IMG_2397.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This tent is the no-nanner tent. It has the Bad Attitude (the close-to-ripe one) that lost limbs because she tossed a few early, but nothing since. It's looking like I might want to hang on to any of those bagseeds.
IMG_2398.JPG
The taller BA is showing some fade, but not finishing.
IMG_2405.JPG
The former pollen donor has no fade but is a few days from ready. Lots of milk and an amber here and there. Only a few places with late pistils.
IMG_2406.JPG
The G13G is also real close
IMG_2403.JPG
And this is the mutant that I didn't clone. You can see the frost rails from space. Pingpong balls all the way to the bottom.
Might leave the lowers and see if it'll re-veg. Rasta Jeff had a trick for that I may try. Once it's a week to ten days from harvest switch it back to 18/6. It won't have long enough to re-veg, but hormonally the process will start while you have a normal healthy plant. Probably stick it in a bigger pot then too.
IMG_2407.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is the possible polluted tent. I don't think anything will have long enough to make viable beans so I just hope none got fully splooged and fuck up the smoke. The headless Polecat up front shows no nanners today. The top did, the next set down didn't, I took both. They are hanging to dry because it is rank, and the fade tells me the rest is close. I'll nurse it along and chop at the first sign of another, but for now every day is more ripeness.
IMG_2408.JPG
This is my biggest hope for now. The 5 chem beans I dropped I got a ChemD and two '91 tails that I'm still waiting to see if they progress. The SkunkXXX almost had that high I was looking for. It lacks a little of the deep euphoric undertones the Chemdog has. That "WOW! I'm high and this is pretty cool!" factor. The answer may be this Chem91 x NL5 from Blackbird Preservation. So far none of my chem crosses have stood up from lots of respected breeders. Granted, I have only had one or two plants to try and they were all good smoke, just not "it". Maybe this one...
IMG_2411.JPG
And the low end in here is the CBG seeded thing. I'm just letting it go because the Bad Attitude/CBG might be stellar. I'm gonna decarb the rest anyway.
IMG_2416.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The other thing about re-vegging is you need root growth. New roots means new shoots. On flower clones that's pretty obvious, but sticking it in a new pot with more myco's should speed the re-veg up more than taking a clone and hoping it roots.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
How many nodes are you leaving for the reveg? That 18/6 trick is a gem.
Lowest set of nugs on each of the two limbs should be fine. It'll either work or not - more nugs won't matter. I think timing the ?un-flip? will be the trick. If it starts re-vegging the colas slowly disappear. Anything that was plump goes to feeding the new stuff or something. But initially that extra light should make it do more of the ripening thing. That's a daytime activity rather than the roots and veg growth which happen at night if you go with that line of bro science.

Going with another bro-sci thing where it takes about 3 weeks to get good smoke after you see the first good mix of brown pistils everywhere instead of just a random one or two. I have played with that a bit, and I think it is more of a "delivering quality weed to the masses" technique. It'll be right at the time when most of those initil pistils have browned and tightened up. New growth, plumping, or longer flowering/slower ripening strains are not factored into that. Buuuuuut, on an 8-week cash crop it's a smooth trick.

I'll probably wait too long to stick it in 18/6 for it to matter, and it'll probably work just fine - or not at all - regardless of if time it right ;)

But if I was to investigate something more in depth it would probably be something I intend to make use of.

I have had great success taking clones just after a plant shows sex. So if it's something I want to save genetics of that is usually the time to take it. By the time it roots and re-vegges, and then puts out normal growth for you to take clones from the mom is about ready to smoke. You can make cull decisions before fucking with them any further.

But 'usually' sucks balls. The issue I never considered was the 2-prong SH or the various bean-pole plants i have gotten. There was never much to clone. So for those I think a veg clone from topping it is about the only good option. Might make some crazy tops too. Luckily I have time to smoke a lot more weed and think about it before I really get back into cloning. Taking a flower clone from selected plants seems much more my speed.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Taking a flower clone from selected plants seems much more my speed.
Then it's karma. Not me LOL

I think I am going that route with the Chemdog. I think it'll be available for a while but I have a lot of crosses I bought because they have chem. I need to pop those continuously either as a pack pheno-hunt thing or just setting aside a part of each drop to run a few.

I like the high, not the name or the hype. Everyone can't suck at all the crosses of it. I have to have stuff in the bank and I need to find it before buying more Chem91. I have a ChemD with perfect coty's so that'll have to do me for now. She will be a mom plant out of necessity while I look for a replacement.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If the Headlites from Blackbird does the trick I have a fat pack of those to drop. And it had been a joy to grow. never an issue from either of those plants. The Puna Butter x NL5 is another unknown with high hopes. get it? LOL

SEBUD

Super Active Member
This tent is the no-nanner tent. It has the Bad Attitude (the close-to-ripe one) that lost limbs because she tossed a few early, but nothing since. It's looking like I might want to hang on to any of those bagseeds.
View attachment 120187
The taller BA is showing some fade, but not finishing.
View attachment 120189
The former pollen donor has no fade but is a few days from ready. Lots of milk and an amber here and there. Only a few places with late pistils.
View attachment 120190
The G13G is also real close
View attachment 120188
And this is the mutant that I didn't clone. You can see the frost rails from space. Pingpong balls all the way to the bottom.
Might leave the lowers and see if it'll re-veg. Rasta Jeff had a trick for that I may try. Once it's a week to ten days from harvest switch it back to 18/6. It won't have long enough to re-veg, but hormonally the process will start while you have a normal healthy plant. Probably stick it in a bigger pot then too.
View attachment 120191
Nicely done ✌ 🔥 🌱

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I checked the calendar after the fact to compile data. First, I was already watching these three. Tonight they all had that look. the light reflects off the buds different or something. The G13G actually had a pinkish/reddish hue to it from the leaf fade underneath the fans. Anyway, I have 350g of wet weed hanging, the Headlites was 140, the other two 100. Perfect for my quick taste. One day I may patch and paint... Still not sure I have my final set-up yet. Oh, a few days past the new moon. I bet the rest hang on for at least a week to 10 days.
IMG_2425.JPG
So the G13Genius (left) went 7 weeks, 4 days. This was a legit 53 day plant. Not much for weight, but a long veg on it would even out with the shorter flower time. The Crisp Mint lettuce will make a nice salad, or maybe tacos... The Headlites and Bad Attitude both went 9 weeks, 3 days. A respectable flower time, and both got a little more plump.

I was left with this, and the other tent also thinned out. This tent has independently adjustable lights. Tall in the back, short in the front:
IMG_2429.JPG
Everybody in the pool!
IMG_2431.JPG
These had all been looking a little unhappy when the lights came on. Temps getting into the low 60's with the lights off during this chunk of weather. I'm not kicking the furnace on in fucking September, but I did put a little space heater in the lung room during lights out this morning.
Even the God's Paintbrush that was droopy perked up. Everything is jumbled around to get light, but it's the one front/middle/left that ain't praying - like every other plant :) I hope that's the male LOL
IMG_2435.JPG

D

Deleted member 2835

I checked the calendar after the fact to compile data. First, I was already watching these three. Tonight they all had that look. the light reflects off the buds different or something. The G13G actually had a pinkish/reddish hue to it from the leaf fade underneath the fans. Anyway, I have 350g of wet weed hanging, the Headlites was 140, the other two 100. Perfect for my quick taste. One day I may patch and paint... Still not sure I have my final set-up yet. Oh, a few days past the new moon. I bet the rest hang on for at least a week to 10 days.
View attachment 120224
So the G13Genius (left) went 7 weeks, 4 days. This was a legit 53 day plant. Not much for weight, but a long veg on it would even out with the shorter flower time. The Crisp Mint lettuce will make a nice salad, or maybe tacos... The Headlites and Bad Attitude both went 9 weeks, 3 days. A respectable flower time, and both got a little more plump.

I was left with this, and the other tent also thinned out. This tent has independently adjustable lights. Tall in the back, short in the front:
View attachment 120225
Everybody in the pool!
View attachment 120226
These had all been looking a little unhappy when the lights came on. Temps getting into the low 60's with the lights off during this chunk of weather. I'm not kicking the furnace on in fucking September, but I did put a little space heater in the lung room during lights out this morning.
Even the God's Paintbrush that was droopy perked up. Everything is jumbled around to get light, but it's the one front/middle/left that ain't praying - like every other plant :) I hope that's the male LOL
View attachment 120227
God damn man!!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The plants got water today, with a few leaves of fresh aloe pulverized and a shot of LAB. In walks the cat and procedes to drink out of the bucket :oops:

I got to thinking about it and set a little saucer with about a tablespoon in it. No cat-sick on the carpet anywhere so I guess it's good stuff :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was worried about crowding or just not having enough space. With a potential 9-plant tent empty plus the closet that can hold 6 I only need to cull two plants from the closet. They're all regs :ROFLMAO:. I think I may need to drop a few more since I got four duds from what should have been fems.