The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I set the Sangria Cookies clone outside the tent to get a better pic.
IMG_1808.JPG
She's frosty and sweet, and I still haven't killed the clones...
IMG_1809.JPG
The three on the shelves on the right in the next pic all have a different food crop in with the clover. Getting rid of lower fan leaves wil have a dual purpose. The tiny bok choy is killing it in both of the SkunkXXX pots. I need to thin it and do some stir fry
IMG_1815.JPG
The one in the middle is the Northern Lights fem from Hillbilly Bob. I got these before I got into the weed so much, so I didn't think to ask if there was any specific lineage associated. The first one I grew was a runt and I never got the urge to drop another. This one is branchy and has nice spacing. @J.James if you hear from him could you ask what he knows about it?
IMG_1817 (2).JPG
Everything was on a different watering schedule so it rained tonight. I mixed up a batch of recharge and they all got at least half a pitcher, the ones that needed water got what they needed.
IMG_1821.JPG
I lost one of the Polecat and the SWxP to boy-ness. Sunday is a week so everything should start getting frisky and showing off sexy bits.
I now have room to keep everything if they are all gitls. Still don't know about the mutant Savage Headband 2-top or the CBG plant getting a 5g though until I see about the four beautiful Polecats and SH. One of them is looking a little dude-ish so if it goes the CBG can get a big pot pronto, and the next veggie attempt in the cover crop.
IMG_1819.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In other news, the dude that runs the FCP seedbank went on vacation and just shipped out my damn beans about 10 days after the order was confirmed. I would have probably figured out a way to at least try a few but now they get to wait. They show up Wednesday-ish, but right around that time I'll also be getting a new batch of testers!

Never heard of the names he tossed me but that means nothing. He seems to find the obscure fire no one else is using like that Baguettes from Aficionado.

The good news is that since I had to hold off on dropping because everything is full - everything will also start emptying out in large batches. Depending on how generous the packs are I may drop the lot and make it work.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was watching a podcast...

Some are just fun people to listen to with the occasional nugget of great info. This morning a kid from that Michigan Bros show was talking about that Beauvaria Bassiana like it was an insecticide that will kill all life in your pots and such and I thought - "that ain't right :unsure:"

So I decided to watch better videeo and see what was up and refresh my memory on why I bought and USE it in my LIVING soil. That got me thinking about my lack of gnat problems since I got the living soil going, and the BB might be a big part of that.

I use it once per grow, and it only takes a tiny amount. I use half of an 1/8tsp measure, or just a bump the size of a grain of rice in a gallon. When my seedlings still in the small cups and get their first soaking they get innoculated. It does nothing to the soil really, but lives in the plant roots. It is a fungus that attacks arthropods and their larvae and it infects and kills anything eating on the roots. Sooooooooo the gnats that might want to live in the mulch layer are gonna chomp on those feeder roots and die a slow painful death, while not breeding any more.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Next run the regs don't get the 1/2g pots. They are great interims for the fems but not big enough to get through sexing regs. The Savage Headband and two Polecats are still unidentified. In my history males have generally shown early so I am chancing it. If one of them gets nuts I'll jam the CBG plant in there. Both that and the mutant are still doing good and not needing water every day.
IMG_1827.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Chemdog S1. I had to chop off lower stuff early from nuts and had to chop it early from nanners. I got less than an ounce of it but it went 8 weeks.
IMG_1828.JPG
I just jarred it and kept out what little larf there was (no low stuff) and ground up enough for a few bong rips. I am posting this with another hit left in the bowl. My heart is happy with how this turned out. It's all in the genetics. The herm possibilities and this amazing high 🤷‍♂️ 😁

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a few '91 crosses in the tents so I am glad I have this for comparison.

I can also go back and check the Road Dog and the two DeChempose again.

I have heard of various types of buzzes, and the term "day-wrecker" seems close - but that sounds like something bad.
This stuff is more like "plan-changer" weed. I was going to the store and such today - now I'd rather not :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a few of the Chemdog beans left. I ditched the clone on this one as soon as it tossed nuts in about week 3. I think the next bean I keep the clone regardless and see if the nanners work themselves out in the second run. I'd like a keeper mom that shows no tranny traits, but this shows me that pretty much anything that doesn't nanner late is a possibility so it can at least finish.

So far, every cross with the Chem91 I have tried is not quite there. Also - none of them nannered. :unsure:
Selective breeding made the skunk harder to find, and I think breeding away from intersex tendencies might cost you the ballgame with Chemdog.

It also eases my mind about getting more from the same source. I don't think it's the fault of the breeder or me. I'll keep dropping more and looking for a keeper.

In other clone related news: I am on the verge of composting everything. I already ditched the Momma Moonshine, and only kept two of three harvested plants to smoke. The third got decarbed and will put you out. No way I'll want to grow more before I run out.

I have 2 plants worth of SkunkXXX in the jar and a clone of each in flower. I genocided all the clones once - except the one with the sad eyes that I left food for on the porch... and kept.

The Sangria Cookies I have a nice clone of in flower that should have about twice the weight of the mom. I don't have bio-mass on the SC, but it smokes like hash and lasts a long while. You can barely get it through a grinder and if you try and roll one it'll usually end up too packed and not smoke well. It resins up and clogs. I have two 1g clones of the same plant, and more beans.

The last clone I have is a Cotton Candy Cookies freebie from Ethos. The mom nannered after getting seeded so I still havent smoked it. That's the only reason the other three have been alive is because I can't decide on it. I was thinking it might be worth taking a clone from because the clone never saw pollen or seeds like the mom and might not nanner. But I never heard breeders talking about their seed plants having nanners.

I think I compost everything soon. It's all biomass for the worms. :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Speaking of biomass for the worms I have a gallon paint can bought new just for bio-char I want to fill up before fall. I am up to a quart of cannabis trunks and stems cut into roughly 1/2" pieces and left out to dry. I save the stems from breaking down buds to smoke too. I did a test run in a pint can last winter and it worked great. I just drilled an 1/8" hole on opposite sides of the base of the can (2 total) and another hole in the lid. It allows enough air exchange to keep from blowing the lid off the can but not enough to allow complete combustion.

I set it in the corner of the fire pit and after a day of burning vines and underbrush it stopped smoking and was full of black/rainbow glass/wood. Really cool stuff. Still had the structure of the original pieces but everything but the carbon is gone.

I read/heard from several sources that raw bio-char is like a carbon filter, and it will absorb the largest microbe popularions in your soil because they are such a great place to hide. The stuff you can buy from most places says "charged" so I made some shit up. I mixed up a soup of microscopic goodies to soak it in (recharge, endo mycos, beauvaria bassiana) until everything seemed saturated then I added it to the next batch of soil I reammended. So far so good LOL

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
...This stuff is more like "plan-changer" weed...
Screenshot_20220815-171224_Chrome.jpg

....I mixed up a soup of microscopic goodies to soak it in (recharge, endo mycos, beauvaria bassiana) until everything seemed saturated then I added it to the next batch of soil I reammended. So far so good LOL
I did that with some crushed up Royal Oak charcoal and it worked great. Except mine was mixed in with alfalfa pellets and soaked with urine and rainwater.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Man, I thought I was hot shit gaming the game with this stuff lol
Fuuuuuuuck, and spent all that time breaking it up into peanut M&M sized bits and everything
Wood-chunk charcoal is almost there as opposed to compressed brick. Stick that stuff in a new can with a few holes and it'll be char in a hot minute. It's mostly there, but if they took it full char you wouldn't have much left to cook with. No mass.

I don't think it'll hurt anything - it's just wood. Not like whatever binders and igniters they use in the briquettes

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have the beginnings of a headstash plan. I need to run another ChemD fem because I'm out and I need to see if it stays in the rotation. I know I had different feelings about the D and the 91, but I'm pretty sure I could smoke on both a lot.

I only have a little of the Chem91 so that will need to be run next, then the CLHP will round out the rotation. I put my $$ behind my words and bought a shitload of CLHP to run over the next decade or so. When I run them I may run more than one.

But I don't know the dude that makes the Chem beans. I think they'll be available for quite a while, but when I get close to running out I am stocking up on at least the 91. Until then I will clone and mom hunt on those.

Three strains in a rotation, one each drop - and probably 15 regs or the equivalent to get ~8 plants. Since I have at least made an attempt on most stuff in my vault next is going to be dropping sets of 5 to see what's in there. Having the perfect headstash line-up set means that I can just run the shit out of whatever and if it sucks who cares. But I'll be diving back into stuff I know is fire on at least one of those sets.

I don't really need that much smoke. At first I was like the poor man that gradually achieves wealth and is more careful with it than the guy that inherited it. It's all in the beginning of the thread, no shame. Now I throw weed in the freezer to make hash because the smoke is not up to my standards :cool: - but I earned that too. You can undersdtand how a kid raised in the "there's plenty, just keep what you like" environment can have zero appretiation for what is there, having never gone without.

I wish it was legal everywhere and I could mail samples to friends and get second opinions.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These are the plants on deaths door. I think the thing I hate most about cloning is that it means you will be killing plants at some point. If it's not a possible forever mom like with the Chem91 I ain't playing with my feelings like that any more ;)
2 Sangria Cookies in the back the Cotton Candy Cookies lower left and the SkunkXXX lower right. Nothing could be re-potted and flipped as is, so that means cloning. and I ain't in the mood. I think the weather is getting past the super hot afternoons so I am starting some fall stuff inside and I need the room now.
IMG_1829.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was weighing and smelling the two Piff I have hanging. One has the church/inscence smell but the other took me a bit. Remember rubber cement? This smells more like glue than anything I have grown. Literally like model glue. Taking those down tomorrow and I'll get pics.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The first Albany Piff from @High kev has a church basement smell. Kind of musty with a sweet/inscense note. That is the entirety of how I break down a plant now. A little flour sifter to get some dry sift then top dressing for the plants, the stems chopped up for bio-char, the nugs reduced to their least common denominator. I don't jar stems for the most part. The only larf on the 4-tops when I do them right is the lower two tiny nug-lets under the lower nugs. I snip all the low stuff right at the base of the vegetation so it there's a node there the little parts will drop off. That is what I get to smoke before it cures ;) There's an example by the snips. IMG_1832.JPG
The bulk of my "trimming" is just pulling off shiny green stuff, it'll get sorted when I grind it to smoke it. I just don't want moist leaves or their fat little moist stems hiding in there causing long term problems. If there's any question I break it down. The dark green is usually a good indicator.
IMG_1834.JPG
The one that is still a 4-top was the red one. It is the one that smells like rubber cement, and reminds me of putting together a model car.
IMG_1833.JPG

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
The first Albany Piff from @High kev has a church basement smell. Kind of musty with a sweet/inscense note. That is the entirety of how I break down a plant now. A little flour sifter to get some dry sift then top dressing for the plants, the stems chopped up for bio-char, the nugs reduced to their least common denominator. I don't jar stems for the most part. The only larf on the 4-tops when I do them right is the lower two tiny nug-lets under the lower nugs. I snip all the low stuff right at the base of the vegetation so it there's a node there the little parts will drop off. That is what I get to smoke before it cures ;) There's an example by the snips. View attachment 118558
The bulk of my "trimming" is just pulling off shiny green stuff, it'll get sorted when I grind it to smoke it. I just don't want moist leaves or their fat little moist stems hiding in there causing long term problems. If there's any question I break it down. The dark green is usually a good indicator.
View attachment 118560
The one that is still a 4-top was the red one. It is the one that smells like rubber cement, and reminds me of putting together a model car.
View attachment 118559
Wow amazing. Can I show off your pics?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@High kev - DM me and we can talk prices :cool: And you can definitly show off the pics. I can try to get some good nug-shots as well.

Everything here is public domain anyway and I would play hell trying to fight you about it :ROFLMAO:

The Piff dried slow. I got 12 and 14 days out of them, and when I mentioned weighing them that was about the dry. Both got down to about 30% of the wet weight then stopped for over a day. Since it is in a controlled environmentr that means it's pretty good to jar without stressing over burping. The trim took half a minute brushing any crispy leaf tips off that were poking out.

So this is a pre-cure "smoke report". You know the glove hash? It is greasy and did not want to stick to itself to even come off the gloves. The church plant was ok. The glue plant when I got it into a bowl was buttery sweet gas. I twisted a few out of the larf to try for wake-n-bake over the next few days but after that I just get high on whatever. Towards that end I have the rest of that bubble rolled into a snake and tucked nicely in a fat joint.

From the bowl hits I can already tell that the glue plant is the one to look for!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The effects report on the glue-piff. Don't smoke it before bed.
Had no plan, but looking out the back door I saw my turtle chilling in the water dish and decided to play outside.
I had to string up the latest tomatoes because they outgrew the stakes holding them up.
Had to re-arrange my canopy of cherry tomatoes and prune of a ton of suckers to make that happen and get everything more sun.
I planted the last few peppers in random spots because it's better than composting them.
I planted the Toothache Plant I had in a pot and harvested a few more flowers.
I turned the compost piles and added a new green layer up top.
I got my to-do list for the garden knocked out.

The up-side/down-side depending on your take is that I had no interest in stopping to eat once I got in the groove and knew what was "next" on the list. Looked up and it was dinner time. So it's an energetic appetite suppressant.

Diet pill weed :ROFLMAO: