The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There were 7 plants at lights on, then something on one of the previously identified girls didn't look right. Luckily my old eyes picked it up, but the Blacklight from Brandon Rust is was a true herm. 14 days into 12/12, so I wouldn't really have been looking close for another week or two when I start pruning the larf - or when I said "what the fuck is that dust on those leaves?"
IMG_1731 - Copy.JPG

I guess it's really no different from culling because it was a boy
- except that it got up-potted because it had fucking pistils,
- and if I didn't see it the whole fucking tent would be poluted.
But other than that pretty much the same :mad:

The rest look good and the two from Blackbird are getting shrubby. Might have to lose the fan leaves if they don't stay tucked.
Puna Budder and Chemdog crossed with the NL 😋. The only problem I have is that the Chem91 cross is called Headlites?!?!
Really??? Chem-lite is staring you right in the face and you go with "Headlites"???
FAIL :ROFLMAO:
IMG_1735.JPG

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I can't think of Chem-lights without thinking of this video (amongst other things)

FYI an "IR buzzsaw" was a couple IR chem-lights tied to the end of a couple feet of 550 cord spun around above your head to mark an LZ at night for rotary wing.

The pilots reaction at 2:30 is priceless.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
OCD growing motherfuckers! Having those 6 plants in a tent wasn't working for me :ROFLMAO: The assortment of structure types in here is amazing, and the tops on the Freakshow look like Cousin It. This Freakshow may be a good one. The smell is already pungentand is like Bubble Yum or Hubba Bubba regular flavor. Those squishy gums from the 80's.

The Lime1 x Grape Soda Skunk from Mean Gene crossed with the Wilson from whoeverthefuck (center-left) is looking pretty good, I like a broadleaf that has enough stretch to make it a real plant. I have his Sky Cuddler Kush in the other tent and finally looking good. I'll get some smoke out of it and then move on. I think that since he mainly does outdoor I may have better luck with legit crosses with his stuff. There's one floating around that DAGGA seedbank with Root Beer but it doesn't specify Freeborne so I didn't chance it.

The two Bad Attitude GMO crosses in the back are going to stay beanpoles but it looks like they'll be plump all the way down. The Pam x KMR center-right has a little of that branching but not much. The NL5 crosses from Blackbird up front are my shrubs. Looks like they'll have a nice secondary canopy. I'm guessing they both lean towards the NL5 because other than a small height difference everything is the same.
IMG_1738.JPG
I spent a little time with each of these getting everything supported for the plump-up. Smoking on the Sangria Cookies mom the tall clone on the left is going to be it until the next bean. Beautiful plant but it ddn't have the sweetness the others have. In the tin it has a flavored tobacco smell rather than a fermented berry smell. The high is on point but I have a lot of that. Definitely keeping the lot because it's good smoke, resinous and burns slow like hash - a one-hitter is smaller than you think ;). But the second plant of it will be enough. Maybe it'll cure out different.

The Sky Cuddler is in the back and is looking happy and healthy for the first time since I dropped the initial bean on NEW YEARS DAY... The two SkunkXXX are completely the opposite and you have to lift the pots. They'll stay happy looking until the plants are past needing water. The baby bok choy in the skunk pots is growing like gangbusters.
IMG_1739.JPG
Since I have 5 fems in here I should have a tent-full and maybe more once they hit the 5gs. If I can clear the closet I drop more beans. If I need to keep plants in the closet to prevent crowding I hold off a bit. I want to dive further into having food in the pots.
IMG_1740.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looking at flower times it has to be veggies that run ~60 days since I am only up-potting girls they are already a week or two into their flower time before the cover crop gets planted.

I think a variety of lettuce/cabbage things could work, and maybe some mini carrots.

I could get the pots ready early since I am ditching most of the clones. I still have the SkunkXXX 1g clone, but that is mainly like a pet :ROFLMAO: I tried to kill al the clones but one had a few root nubs... I don't think I will run it again. The two Sangria Cookies are goners, and I am undecided o the Cotton Candy Cookies from Ethos.

I had it in the tent with the herm-fest a bit ago and the mom caught pollen. When I decided to pull it there were some nanners on it as well - I don't know if that was from it getting seeded, because it was flipped early, or because it was fucking cookies genetics. Probably should flipit sooner rather than later - If I wait for the batch in the closet to show I'll be up-potting so many that I'll put it off again.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
SkunkXXX note - what I kept is basically the Hunger Games clone. I had 24 clones in cubes planning to do a small one-pot SOG of each version when I saw how bountiful the two flower clones in the tents now are and shitcanned them. I had just culled something else and had a solo cup full of soil sitting there. When I pulled these 5-day clones out of the horticubes only one had a little resistance. The bottom was fat and knobby and looked ready to make roots so I stuck it in the solo cup and set it aside.

There was no difference in the seed-mom smoke from the two plants, but the clones were way different once they re-vegged. One was tall and floppy, one was short and shrubby. The tall one is going to go longer by more than a little. It is still stacking and plumping.
IMG_1744.JPG
These are at just over 4 weeks and the second one is already browning nicely all over.
IMG_1747.JPG
-so this one is going to be done in 8 weeks. The thing that stands out on both, and probably has a lot to do with the exceptional high - is the fat fucking resin-heads. They have real short button-mushroom-stem stalks supporting a lot of weight.
IMG_1747 (2).JPG
The mockingjay clone is from the short-flower version. If this rocks I may have my first long term mom. I at least have to keep it and see.
May the odds be ever in my favor LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wake and bake this morning confirmed the second DeChempose as another "good chem" with the first. Having grown out the Chemdog and ChemD S1's, the main difference I notice is the Chemdog is more knobby and has darker green little bud leaflets. The ChemD was more bag appeal, little strawberry nugs that were dense and well formed like cookies. DeChem 1 and 2 are like one each.
IMG_1754.JPG
Niether one is instacram weed but you can see the frost hiding in there. You can see the nanners starting on the Chemdog-leaner.
IMG_1753.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I didn't keep clones of either DeChem, but now I know where it fits in the world. There's good stuff in there but beware. I might find a chem-mom in there but neither of these has 'all that'. If the nanners were on the hairy one the left one would be the shit.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is the hunger games clone, almost getting some clone-able limbs.
IMG_1757.JPG
The outside garden is in flux right now. The tomatoes put out a fat load of tomatoes, then they hung on the vines waiting to get ripe and no new flowers pollinated. That purple cherokee by the pole is a good example. The one poking it's heat up at the bottom is the second generation that will all be kept to one main trunk. The Cherries are amazing. The Candyland are spread in a pinwheel from that central point. All are the size of small gumballs but I snag a pocket full every day I saved some seeds and will save more every once in a while to get a good variety to hopefully germinate next year. The cherries on the right are fine, but nothing special.
IMG_1770.JPG
All my peppers are taking off now - blooms and babies and limbs needing support. Except for the tobasco. no support needed and it has a morning glory rider that is working its way around the plant, and when they start blooming and the peppers start getting orange and red this will be photogenic as a motherfucker!
IMG_1762.JPG
I'll be collecting all the seeds I can from it because I wouldn't mind starting a patch but not in the garden. This year it gets to stay.
IMG_1763.JPG
I bought a pack of mariglod seeds from the store and started a flat - and got about three plants to grow and flower. And they dies early on - maybe May. I collected the seeds from them and started a flat and had to cull down to one plant a cel. I planted those around so the exudates will do their thing in the soil and got a few slightly different varieties.
IMG_1761.JPG
But unlike the storebought seeds, the ones grown here then sprouted here are lush. This is about 6 plants in a row about 6" apart. I figured that was safe since the moms got to about 8" tall and 6" around. The knights who say "NEE" would be proud of my shubbery ;). That's the 3rd gen tomato plants in the foreground.
IMG_1760.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sitting there watering the just flipped seedlings, taking a peek at a few to see if anything's showing, then setting aside the 4 fems knowing I don't need to check them...

Because they are girls...

and I don't need to wait until they show anything to put them in bigger pots :rolleyes: 🤷‍♂️

Fucking stoner. :cool:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I potted the 4 THC fems. I wanted to see how much room was left before messing with the CBG plant. I might stick it in a small pot so it fits somewhere. This tent could take one, maybe two more but I'd rather not. Short term it would be fine.
IMG_1776.JPG.
In here one more is the max because if the two 7g skunks. Last time fucking with those - they mess with the Geometry ;)
IMG_1775.JPG
I could have jammed this one in there but would have to dig up another shelf.
IMG_1774.JPG
I have room for six 5g in the closet but four is better. There's 3 Savage Headband, 3 Polecat and the SWxP to sex. Plus the little CBG plant.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I dumped the pots a week or so ago I scraped off the mulch layer with most of the rice hulls, cover crop etc. I sifted that to get the weeds out, then sifted it to get the rice-hulls. I used the castings from that mulch layer in this up-pot, and the rice-hulls were LOADED with small 1"-2" worms that were all on the skinny side like they were young. I re-used those rice hulls instead of adding new.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh, and each of the 4 pots has a regular clover cover crop, but the outer edge has a different veggie. Parisienne round carrots that get to be large marble size and three different kinds of mini lettuce.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had a little minor epiphany - for me. 20g of decarbed flower on dinner will do that for you after a short weed-nap. The topic is: Defoliation.

I always feel a little guilty taking big fan leaves off, and I think that guilt and the associated mindfulness that goes into taking leaves is a good thing.
However... This is going to look a little different in a bit after I go back and take a few more.
IMG_1783.JPG

The debate about leaving them on is settled for me. It depends on the plant. Above is a perfect example. The Freakshow has very thick, sturdy fan leaf stems that grow out at about a 30 degree angle and stay there. No raising and falling with the weather. Any limbs under them get squished up and deformed. I took most of the main stem fans off, and each of the limbs has beefed up it's own fan leaves to fill in the gaps.

The second one my eye is drawn to is the LGSS x Wilson on the left. Big fat beautiful fan leaves that are shading everything, but if I took them off there would be nothing left. But they are providing enough energy that those shaded trunk-nugs are already plump. The Bad Attitude in the back and the Pam x KMR are the same.

But the two in frone have beautiful branching and I want to encourage that fan leaf growth on the secondary limbs where my flowers are going to be rather than on the stem which seems to be for growing the limbs.

The epiphany was the fact that indoor the lights don't move. There's no rising in the east and everything getting it's share of light during the day. So from now on I have no more guilt taking leaves that need to go. And I don't care what the plants look like in the interim while they are filling back out.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's a pic I snagged yesterday but it caught my eye today. This it the Lime1 x Grape Soda Skunk (freeborn) x Wilson F2 (masonic). I got the beans from DAGGA, but here's their link for info.

(Lime 1 x Grape Soda Skunk) X Wilson F2 - Cannabis Horticultural Association (cha.education)

This is a thick plant, about 4 weeks into flower. IMG_1789.JPG
Then I noticed a leaf trait that was at least repeated once.
IMG_1789 (2).JPG
Isn't that all aerodynamic and cute? :ROFLMAO: I want to dry it as is and see if it will fly.
IMG_1789 (3).JPG
I transplanted half a dozen peppers last week and we got rain every night so far since. When I get rain - I get shrooms. I buried a few of those little hydrofarm saucers for the turtle
IMG_1798.JPG
I got a few oddball things from the veggie seed catelog and one was a bulls-eye toothache plant. Why not right? I chewed the first flower raw off the plant. It had a real astringent/sour taste that wasn't that bad- then nothing. The mouth was numb. The first thing to come back was the taste which took eating something to get rid of. It lasted about 5 minutes. I want to plant more of them next year, and I am harvesting all I can to dry and play with over the winter. I tried nibbling a lower leaf and there was something, but not much. Might be worth getting out with alcohol though if it has some local anesthetic properties. Might see if it does well in the clone tent.
IMG_1800.JPG