The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everything in here is on cruise control. 4 weeks in means any early intersex possibilities are greatly reduced.
IMG_1887.JPG
I still have two gender neutral plants at two weeks. I stuck those markers in them to remind me to keep checking them. All that suspicious stuff up top is just leaf tips, but I have never had a boy wait this long. So I'll likely have the two Polecat that are like twins, and the Savage Headband and it's retarded little sister
IMG_1875.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@H.A.F.
How high do you keep the light from the canopy?
Do you keep it the same height and just adjust the dimmer?
Not as high as me! :ROFLMAO:

I think about 24" I can measure tonight. Not close to the tops and not at the top of the tent.

I dialed in my dimmers so they are putting out the right lumens at "X" height and set the environment - the dimmers don't budge. I'll raise and lower lights to adjust brightness. The height of the light doesn't effect tent temp.

I am not worried about weight, so they are not being run "optimally" I'm sure. If you're buying a light and tent, get more light than you need then dial it back to what you need. You have light in reserve just in case.

Same theory for exhaust fans ;)

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just an example. I moved all those shorty plants into the tent and moved the tall ones to the closet. I lowered the lights a bit, but those plants will be stretching. Once they all get furry tops and stop stretching I rearrange all tents by height if needed and raise or lower the lights as needed

I have had no issues with the higher lights inducing stretch that wasn't gonna happen anyway, probably because I flip so early.

Another helpful canopy tool is those wire rack shelves.
I got a 3-shelf stack that was 12"x12"x3'.
I took it apart and made it three 1x1x1 shelves.
each one is adjustable height but at just a foot I usualy do shelf or not and don't mess with adjusting. .
A 5g pot fits on it exactly, and I can fit nine pot and/or shelves in each 40" x 40" tent.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have three recently harvested strains that are grinder-jammers even after being well cured. I may have to see if @J.James will buy me a nug-smasher so I can give him some good concentrate numbers to advertise ;)

Two of the three are his with the Banananananana Hash Plant (not-hashy) and Hillbilly Bob's Sangria Cookies, as well as the Lemon Tree S1 from @Heisenbeans.

None would make great top-cola cover pics because I broke them all down so they might dry. You can get a little ball of finger hash just busting apart an 8th of that already broken down stuff to fit it in the grinder.

The BHP is still non-descript "fresh and sweet" smelling but I don't get no bananana.

The Sangria Cookies has that fermented berries/sour berries smell but this pheno has a cherry Skoal smell that comes through in the smoke and it's a little harsh. I bed a squished nug wouldn't have any of that ;)

The Lemon Tree hasn't been lemon since week 4 of flower when there was a hint. It started as a butterscotch smell but what should have been lemon is pine. Sweet pine that is pungent. Loudest of the three if they are all open side by side, with the Sangria Cookies a close second.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was also burping the two SkunkXXX moms and decided that the flower-clone monsters that will be more SkunkXXX than I know what to do with will be a good test for that free Grove Bag I got.

It says a humidity range on the pack that it is supposed to regulate the weed at, but I don't necessarily buy that. I can see it not allowing flower to drop below a certain rH, but if the weed is too dry I don't see any way it would help.

But I don't get my weed too dry, and will likely have a Boveda or Integra pack in it regardless. The main upside I see it being able to burp out excess air as you use your headstash, rather than a long term storage "HEAT SEAL FOR BEST RESULTS" bag like it says. But if you have tubs of production weed to package up I can definitely see the draw.

So to use it for headstash means the ease of access and durability of the seal are probably the go/no-go factors on them being worth the money for me.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
In other news, the two autos from @Bobberr made the cut as tossed salad components. A joint of it didn't do it for me as a complete high but I did enjoy the smoke. Verrry tasty. Both have a minty/berry taste that pops. So to add flavor to a strain that brings the punch but lacks elsewhere it's perfect.

And again, I'm not bashing on them. I am still not an auto person and didn't grow them like they should have been to get the best result, and the little I got from each was worth keeping out of the hash bag in the freezer - so there's that.

As of deciding on keeping those two I am up to 33 Flavors again! Some are different pheno's of strain from multiple girls, or seed-mom and clone, but I have from a quarter-bag to a few zips of each. Deciding what to keep with each new harvest makes not getting a lot per plant nice actually. I should have more larf and dry-sift on bucking day and fewer primo tops doing the trees instead of 4-tops so I'll see how that rolls for a bit. If they don't stack a big main cola I don't expect much.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Fiddler's Green - I guessed about 2' on the lights. This tent is about 20" to the tallest plant
IMG_1892.JPG
and this one is about the same. You can see I have a 2-board light, and two singles that are wired together as one. I can raise and lower them independently if that is easier than grabbing a shelf.
IMG_1893.JPG
This one I just eye-balled when I moved the taller plants in, The tape is at 24" and that's the distance to the lower plants.
IMG_1896.JPG
Sooooo 18" to 24" is my sweet spot. If it gets too warm I bump the exhaust fan up a notch or two. But the drivers are all outside the tents. I don't have to do it unless the lung room gets too hot.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The oldest I have is my Homecoming Queen from 6/10/21. I did a mess of cloning and got a ton.

It has lost some of the terpitude (lots of pun there ;) ) but still has the perfect high. It's one of those that if you're feeling a little off, or that other strain didn't do it for you - pack a bowl! The marble size nugs that are just almost too dense but not quite are perfect for long term storage. I had a killer description written up when it was fresh. It has pine and inscense and when you grind it there's a little OG funk. It's like the pine air freshener hanging from the rearview with the hint of her perfume and the nervous sweat of a first date ;)

It is on my list of old stuff I ran to hunt through again. It was not a big producer and I had to hunt through a sausage-fest to finally find a girl. But it being one I would need to long veg or clone to get another big batch I am holding off for a bit. I'll want it bad soon enough after it's gone LOL flowr

After that I have a few from January this year and aside from a few I got bulk of from cloning their age and the quantity left are pretty much proportional.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I didn't bother with a pic because it looks like a tub of butter...

I have an 8oz jar of honey that I infused with some hash oil from decarbed weed.
I had a 8oz jar of premium maple syrup - with a THC oil slick on top because that shit is basically oil and water :unsure: :rolleyes:
I found a basic recipe for maple butter. 2:1 butter to syrup
1lb butter with the 8oz syrup and the slick and Bob's your uncle! Whipped butter
-that tastes like heaven and stayed mixed with no slick because both parts emulsified with the butter.

Some recipe's call for brown sugar and pumpkin spices and crap, but I can add that later if needed. I made a new batch of canna butter which is what got me in the mood to go ahead and make the maple butter because the tools were out. I put about 3/4 of the maple butter in the freezer but after tasting it I may freeze all of the plain canna-butter to make more maple butter when that runs out ;)

I have no clue the strength but I have been licking the utensils - no grow responsibility tonight ;) - and it may drop me in a bit. But I have a mixed theory on the edible stuff. For daily use I want smallish doses. I can adjust if needed. But for storage I want it as strong as possible. Decarbed nugs washed with everclear, then more nugs in the same everclear etc. I think I used 5g of oil.

Since it will reduce to oil there is really no saturation point where it won't take more, but there's a point where it won't take more efficiently, and it won't clean it all off the new nugs. Like cleaning bong-bowls in the same jar of iso - after a bit you can tell there's a residue on the bowl after you rinse it off. It did take off 90% of the crap, but it's time to change the iso.

But you can pack away a shitload of potential medicine that way. Much easier than hash making and as long as it is in everclear it can be used for every kind of smoking and eating.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If it hasn't gone to the hash pile by now you know it's a something special.
Actually I have a few that I are not what I wanted, but are close and might cure into the real deal. Mainly on the chem crosses where I keep trying to find a close second to the dog. As much as I bitch about clones the next Chemdog is getting cloned unless I drop the $$$ to get a stack of packs like I did with the CLHP. Same deal, if they all have the buzz I like but the pheno's vary slightly that's even better.

I may still go that route, but I am boycotting SHN and need to find another seedbank that's easy as them to order from that carries CSI Humbolt gear.

SEBUD

Super Active Member
I didn't bother with a pic because it looks like a tub of butter...

I have an 8oz jar of honey that I infused with some hash oil from decarbed weed.
I had a 8oz jar of premium maple syrup - with a THC oil slick on top because that shit is basically oil and water :unsure: :rolleyes:
I found a basic recipe for maple butter. 2:1 butter to syrup
1lb butter with the 8oz syrup and the slick and Bob's your uncle! Whipped butter
-that tastes like heaven and stayed mixed with no slick because both parts emulsified with the butter.

Some recipe's call for brown sugar and pumpkin spices and crap, but I can add that later if needed. I made a new batch of canna butter which is what got me in the mood to go ahead and make the maple butter because the tools were out. I put about 3/4 of the maple butter in the freezer but after tasting it I may freeze all of the plain canna-butter to make more maple butter when that runs out ;)

I have no clue the strength but I have been licking the utensils - no grow responsibility tonight ;) - and it may drop me in a bit. But I have a mixed theory on the edible stuff. For daily use I want smallish doses. I can adjust if needed. But for storage I want it as strong as possible. Decarbed nugs washed with everclear, then more nugs in the same everclear etc. I think I used 5g of oil.

Since it will reduce to oil there is really no saturation point where it won't take more, but there's a point where it won't take more efficiently, and it won't clean it all off the new nugs. Like cleaning bong-bowls in the same jar of iso - after a bit you can tell there's a residue on the bowl after you rinse it off. It did take off 90% of the crap, but it's time to change the iso.

But you can pack away a shitload of potential medicine that way. Much easier than hash making and as long as it is in everclear it can be used for every kind of smoking and eating.
I make a lot of butter but first time hearing that you can add syrup to the mix and it will stay mixed. The wife has toast every morning to start her day so think I might make her a surprise batch 🌱 🔥 ✌ Thanks for the inspiration.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@H.A.F. Have you grown any of the Stardawg F2 from Greenpoint? I had one that was one of the terpist chem plants I have ever grown. all the other females in the pack were on the sweet side, but there is a nasty girl in there waiting to be found.
I have not. I have three packs of Stardawg crosses from Greenpoint that I have been on the edge of dropping for about 6 months now but I keep buying new junk... Chinook Haze that you gave me, and Pig Whistle and Orange Blossom Special I got in the auctions here years ago. I popped one set of Pig Whistle and got a girl but it tossed a lower nut in the middle of the limb - not even at a node - and I culled it. That was way back when I wasn't comfortable plucking an early one. That was probably the Stardawg leaner LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I make a lot of butter but first time hearing that you can add syrup to the mix and it will stay mixed. The wife has toast every morning to start her day so think I might make her a surprise batch 🌱 🔥 ✌ Thanks for the inspiration.
I just hit it with a stick blender until everything was the same color. I checked it this morning and it solidified nicely in the fridge and nothing separated. I tasted a little and the maple syrup ratio could probably be bumped to 3/4 instead of 1/2 what the butter is. She would probably like the brown sugar and pumpkin spice stuff I'm guessing. Just find a recipe that sounds good and infuse it.