The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
2 days ago I tossed 56g of barley in to soak then sprout. rinsed it a few times and today it had the little 'chits' poking out and just the nub of the actual plant. I blenderized that then mixed it with 5g of water. I added 4ml/g of LAB and 4ml/g fermented peach juice. I made all that shit I might as well use it. Stirred that up real well then strained out the chunky bits and watered everything. Since it's all in flower there's no alfalfa or kelp. In veg I'll use those but only in stuff that's watered in, not top-dressed so it hangs out in the soil.

Stll no sex on the three regs I potted, so what happens? The runty-two-top-mutant shows :rolleyes: I have that and the CBG plant watered and need to find pots for them. I shifted everything around so I'll have a shelf for each new plant. The French Macaron is on the shelf under the fan with some Parisienne carrots planted in the pot :)
IMG_1840 - Copy.JPG
The rest of that drop is in here and the door just closes
IMG_1838 - Copy.JPG
This tent is just perfect. Not fucking with it a bit. I could fit one more plant, but since I'm not even close to that mattering it abides.
The other two spots can get rearranged but this is good. The bubblegum smell on the Freakshow is pretty strong. It doesn't fill the tent but you don't need to rub anything. Just get close and it's there.
IMG_1841 - Copy.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ventillation note. Don't know if I mentioned it but I have both the exhaust fan and the stationary clip fans on 24/7. Both are industrial quality (supposedly) and get a good cleaning every once in a while. I have the exhausts pretty low, but with the CFM they pull it exchanges a lot of air. Never had a PM issue. The floor fan is just so there's no stagnant spots. Doesn't matter where it blows, it's going to hit a wall and then go somewhere else. I have everything on plant caddies or shelves so there's always airflow at the ground.

The oscillating fan is only on with the lights. Those are to cool the air between the lights and leaves and I've always done it. Lights off, don't need them.

I bet if I was to dive into it with sensors and calculators it is probably hitting the VPD pretty close, but I change nothing but the light height. The tent environment stays the same relative to the lung room (bedroom). But I have the lights fairly high, and dimmed to about 75%-ish, and the temps top out at about 78F. in the summer. I have the drivers all mounted outside the grow areas.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On this tent I have 4 bean-poles plants with trunk-nugs. Since the leaves getting scrunched against a tent wall doesn't matter for those they are on the back and sides and pushed far enough in so the two in front have a little more room for their branches.
IMG_1841 - Copy.JPG

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
Thanks for all your info and documentation, I always learn something. I am liking your edible cover crops, Is there a list of things somewhere or are you just testing random things. I recently started growing microgreens and wonder if any of those seeds would benifit. Things like Broccolli, Radish, Pea, spinach.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thanks for all your info and documentation, I always learn something. I am liking your edible cover crops, Is there a list of things somewhere or are you just testing random things. I recently started growing microgreens and wonder if any of those seeds would benifit. Things like Broccolli, Radish, Pea, spinach.
Believe me I do this for me more than you but thanks! I like documenting stuff I am doing. I know it can help others even if it's seeing what not to do, and it's a way to error-check my thinking by reading it again the next day...

I am just trying stuff based on the predicted harvest time of stuff. No sense growing a mini tomato or pepper because their time to flower is right at the harvest time of the weed. They start fruiting... not harvest. I don't want to do big root veggies, the carrots I tried are mini round ones that don't have deep roots. I know certain veggies might not be compatible as far as what bugs they attract and repel, but in a tent that shouldn't matter. Microgreens would be stellar since you are mowing them down regularly anyway. I just can't eat those for food but that was my initial though. I'm pretty sure the cover crop blends you can buy already have most of those things you mentioned and more so it would be like creating your own mix of seeds that you like the taste of.

So I am testing random things, but based on a 50-60 day max time to ripeness. I let my pots rest by the window for a week or two before I dump them so there's a small window of letting the veggie finish if it's not quite done, but I ain'g growing for veggies. Just trying to be more productive since I am growing stuff anyway. I have a full clover cover crop on all of them, just a sprinkling of the veggies.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Christmas!
OK - if anyone doubted my affirmation that the CLHP was my jam, I put the money where the mouth is. That's fat packs of fems - a forest! I snagged the HC x RS because I only had half a pack left after hunting through the first and liking what I found. No clue on the testers but I'm sure more to follow. Wanna talk karma? Look back a few posts and I mention running a fem and three sets of 5 regs as a standard drop. I got a vial-full of each tester and because of seed size there are 10 Reveille and 5 Milk & Sugar :cool: Got me some KNF goodies to try as well.
IMG_1844.JPG
Christmas 2, the return of the son of Christmas... I bought the three packs on the left. Amy Aces, Lemon Hashplant x 88G13hp, and the puzzle box that is Lemon Cello skunk fems. I fucking made out on the freebies this time! No autos and CBG crap. Short Circuit OG sounds good (8 regs), a 5-pack of Durban Poison regs - not in the library until now - and the pack from 707. Had to look up info on the Dogma strain - that's a $100 pack of Trinity x 707 Chemdawg. Poked my head in there and it was 14 beans and a 707 slap. Win win!
IMG_1842.JPG
In other news, the packet of VAM endo can go on the shelf right next to the one I already have in reserve - good stuff. And this is probably the only way I would have ever truied a Grove bag - I'll figure it out and let you know.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thats a cool box
...IF I was trying to buy a cool box... I damn near pried it open with a screwdriver to just bust it open. There was a piece of tape over the opening, and rice as packing to keep the little bottle from breaking. It looks like a pain in the ass to pack, so how long ago was it packed, and where was it stored waiting on me to buy it? If they kept it in the fridge that ain't great for the wood so it's a toss-up.

I'm fine with a well labeled mylar pack and a vial.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Killed all the clones. I need to drop beans. Period. If I get down to the last of something that I'll never be able to get again then maybe I'll clone.

I also had a lightbulb about the tents that I'll try out when the lights come on. There are 4 clones farther along in flower, two in 5's and two in 7's. Those should fit in the closet nicely then the tents can have all plants roughly the same height with no shelves.

I still need to decide on the CBG and the mutant Savage Headband. I lost one SH to nuts, and the other hasn't shown yet. If the two-top runt is my only chance at a taste it needs a 5g, but if I have another girl to smoke it gets a small pot.

The SkunkXXX are both browning nicely, the Sangria Cookies is fading but is not hairy at all so it needs scoped to see how close it is. They complete week 6 on Saturday.

The plan then is to watch the closet. Once I have a handle on when the closet will start opening up I can drop beans. A week to ten days from dropping beans I need room for whatever can't fit in the mini tent in 1g pots.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
...IF I was trying to buy a cool box... I damn near pried it open with a screwdriver to just bust it open. There was a piece of tape over the opening, and rice as packing to keep the little bottle from breaking. It looks like a pain in the ass to pack, so how long ago was it packed, and where was it stored waiting on me to buy it? If they kept it in the fridge that ain't great for the wood so it's a toss-up.

I'm fine with a well labeled mylar pack and a vial.
I like the old wooden slide boxes that Emerald Mt uses for the mandelbrot strains, They are a little big for what you are sending but a smaller one or a nice insert would polish this up for a brand

P8180209.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There are now 8 in each tent. I potted the two mini's and stuck one in each tent. The little shelves and floor fans are compatible to make 8 plant work well. Still three to sex, but the two Polecat are showing what looks like green pistils with no calyx in a few spots.
IMG_1859.JPG
The CBG plant is in this one.
IMG_1860.JPG
And the clones.
IMG_1861.JPG
The Sangria Cookies and one of the SkunkXXX don't look to make it 8 weeks. I think the actual flower time is probably the same as the moms but these probably showed earlier and got a head start being mature at the jump
IMG_1864.JPG
The first round of pistils is dead and skinny, so now it's just a trich-watch, or getting that powdered sugar look.
IMG_1866.JPG
And I have bugs!!! Here we have a rice hull, a water drop, and ??? When I potted the little plants I topped them off with castings and these buggies were not hard to find. Covered them with regular soil and rice hulls after I added the clover seeds. Moves fast and hides from the light. Doubt I'll see them on the plant.
IMG_1849.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random notes:

Pretty sure the Sangria Cookies mom faded nice so I need to keep an eye on the clone. It had some yellowing on the lower fans that was like a nice even fade, but also a little droopy. I think I may have let the pot get a little dry.

The barley sprout tea last time and the plain water this time should have it back in the ring like a good cut man.

The Sky Cuddler looks leafy. If it plumps up it might not be that bad, but I'm not impressed yet. Truffles by Aficianado is the only other "cha-ching" beans I have. Luckily the SCK from Freeborn were a gift.

The next drop is 15 reg testers, and I'm going to drop three fems and make room if needed. The Lemon Cello I just got, a ChemD and a Wood Horse from Goat & Monkey. Its one of two freebies I got from them having never bought their beans. It is a Herijuana x Blueberry Indica and I have heard that Hirijuana name pop up recently on a podcast.

I am thinking about trying a new system. I want to keep the closet and both tents 12/12.

The mini tent with it's large permanent propagator for starting beans through the mini solo-cup stage which is about to the third node before they need new pots. Two HLG 65w that I can run one or both. ✅

I have the 3'x3' ex-clone tent for veg currently with 100w of full spectrum.

The closet has a veg-specific spectrum bar light - that would work great in the 👆3x3 veg tent. ✅

It leaves the closet with the 100w light that might not be great for flowering a 3x3 space, but it is definitely worth a shot.

I have a spare HLG 135 board and driver I could supplement with, but I have a second board without a driver :unsure:

So if I buy a ~250w driver to run both boards I have a legit 3'x'3' flower space. And a spare 100w light that would be perfect for starting veggies with no tent involved.

That means I have room now to drop and veg beans, but I still won't have anywhere for them to go. :rolleyes:🤷‍♂️:cautious: Good mental exercize though. I have until a few weeks after I drop beans to decide whether I buy a driver or try the 100w for flowerin the closet

What's a good driver for an HLG 260?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
:unsure: I had the driver for the 4-strip veg light go bad so I stuck the one from the HLG 135 on that light. The 4-strip is about 200w and it's dialed back a little. The 135 ain't that far off.

There should be nothing to changing it to one 135 in the closet except connecting a few WAGO's and hanging it. Nothing but the light needs to change.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Chem91 S1. Fuck ME! Nuts early and nanners late but I have yet to get a bad one. The two Piffs and the Chemdog hit 14 days and all seem fine to go into the fridge for the rest of the cure with minimal burping. I smelled the flowers and couldn't resist. I pulled odd separated lower nugs from all the tops, basically destemming everything, and I kept out all the tiny nug-lets. IMG_1870.JPG
I plucked off all the major sugar leaves and had a bunch of that single-calyx stem stuff left in the tray. I usually toss all that in the dry-sift tray but this is the dog-bud so - why not? I ground all that up.
IMG_1871.JPG
A bowl full of that leafy trash set me right! Nanners or not I am cloning the next bean so I don't have to buy more.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
:unsure:
I think the next one will not get topped or anything that could induce stress. I'll also leave all the lower stuff on except for a few clones in-case/until it shows a few nuts on the lowers - prune them then.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One of the two Polecat shrubs showed pistils. Day 12 with nothing on the other two Dominion plants. That's gotta be a good sign.