The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It re-seeds itself, when you harvest some of the seed falls out, if you want to keep it shorter withhold water, like weed when it feels stressed it will go full reproductive mode, one thing to consider is deer totally love it and will do anything to get at it once discovered by them....
I have read that if you are getting it for seed you should get it before it is fully mature and dry on the stalk. Then hang dry it. I think that might limit the number that fall to a manageable few. And since it's a cold weather crop, it *should* not do as well as the tomatoes (or whatever)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Transplanted the clones. My two larger ones had great roots, prbably won't stay in the little pot too long.
Culled two Mimms and kept two,
Culled the two shorter CLHP - picked apart the horticube on the short ones and they were a day fro making the cube look like a porcupine - kept them too :) Eventually culling to one each. Still domed for a few days, but the lower vents are open.
IMG_4891.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mini tent is empty, tall tent with the same footprint is on for a mother/clone tent. I'll have the mini tent for getting clones going and starting beans.
IMG_4904.JPG
The beans are mostly plants now with a few laggers. No more domes. The lone 007up to pop out of 4 looks to be coming around.
Next watering they get soaked and should take off. IMG_4909.JPG
After that watering they get up-potted - then shit needs to move. The auto will probably head to 12/12 to finish up unless I can clear a tent.
IMG_4906.JPG
The 4/20 flip
IMG_4911.JPG
and the 5/26 flip
IMG_4910.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I have read that if you are getting it for seed you should get it before it is fully mature and dry on the stalk. Then hang dry it. I think that might limit the number that fall to a manageable few. And since it's a cold weather crop, it *should* not do as well as the tomatoes (or whatever)
I guess it depends on how large a crop u grow, we plant 80-160 acres, a smaller plot one can tend to it on a personal level, much like weed it matures at different times/levels key will be to find the happy medium but I have no doubt you will succeed, always fun learning something new...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess it depends on how large a crop u grow, we plant 80-160 acres, a smaller plot one can tend to it on a personal level, much like weed it matures at different times/levels key will be to find the happy medium but I have no doubt you will succeed, always fun learning something new...
I started some in a little 18" x 24" x 6" bed, and I have a screen over it to keep the birds out until it gets going, then I just water and observe. Says about a month and a half to mature. That's NOTHING to a sativa grower :ROFLMAO: I got the build-s-soil sprouting barley - but that's the last bag I'll get. Might end up keeping that as just a seed crop after I harvest the first batch and it's ready for sprouting. Then I'll also have my start on barley-straw mulch. I got a free sack of that with 'points' to get me started there.

Main thing I need to do is have an organic cal-mag.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Quick update - maybe more later. Got most of the babies up-potted. A few could have waited a day or so more, but the assembly line was set up...
IMG_4925.JPG

The clear cups are split so I can open one side at a time to make sure nothing sticks.
IMG_4926.JPGIMG_4927.JPG
The PTK helmet-head was the only first drop bean that had to wait, the others were dropped 4 days later.
IMG_4929.JPG
The Auto got moved in here for now. I dropped a half hour of light off each tent (11.5/12.5) just to give them more dark than light, but not fuck with my schedule too much. The Mimms Kush are both monsters and both them and the CLHP have very thikk pistils. First thing you notice once you get past how sturdy they are.
IMG_4930.JPG
But this tent may enpty and get shifted to veg soon. The 4/20 flip just went over 9 weeks in flower and are almost all done. The GMO Cake is the only one that needs more time - so can fit in the other tent where the Zkittles auto is just fine - and the Z can go back into veg.
IMG_4937.JPG
All but the GMOC are showing me this. a sprinkling of amber but the beginning of the explosion. Click it and check out the purple spreading up the trich-stalks :)
IMG_4950.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sooooooo- I am going to do some defoliation on the three harvesters, and as soon as they dry a day or two just make the tent dark for a few days.

Also selected the keeper clones of the CLHP and the Twin Towers MImms based on roots coming out of the pots - they need attention too.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm gonna let that Flo Rida (back center) and the GSC Forum Cut (front center) get a little taller then try and get a couple of cuts started. The GSC is staying shrubby but the sprouts are doing fine.

I am vegging the seedlings for a week or two in the 1/2gal pots, then bumping them up to the short 2gal for a few more until flip. No hurry on them unless something get's out of hand - a few of the Emeral Mountain ones that are bred for outdoor may get tall quick.

But my goal is to getting a few cuts rooted well enough to flower out and try my first real TK and GSC. With the TK I might flower out the mom and keep the shorties. But having something ready to flip about the same time as the seedlings, or shortly after they get sexed should be do-able.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
First for me - down-potting. Haven't seen any indication of re-veg. The plant is still "healthy" but harsh. I decided to check the roots, and they were lush, and a full mat on the bottom. still looked white but there was nowhere to go. I beat the rootball a few times then removed the excess from the outside layer - sides, top, and bottom. It was down to about the 1-gal size rootball, so I stuck it in an approptrate pot with a little new dirt all the way around. It's either gonna kill it or force it to grow.
IMG_4965.JPG

First for me - down-potting. Haven't seen any indication of re-veg. The plant is still "healthy" but harsh. I decided to check the roots, and they were lush, and a full mat on the bottom. still looked white but there was nowhere to go. I beat the rootball a few times then removed the excess from the outside layer - sides, top, and bottom. It was down to about the 1-gal size rootball, so I stuck it in an approptrate pot with a little new dirt all the way around. It's either gonna kill it or force it to grow.
View attachment 94710
Salute H.A.F. I hope your re veg goes well and I bet it does if your roots look good an now have some new dirt to grow into. I have never done a re veg but I always wanted to try just to see it. Anyway... I was just watching a YT vid on this subject and I think the only thing you didn't do that he suggests is prune the root ball to the size of your remaining plant. Not sure if that really makes a shit or not though.
Start the vid at 4:17

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
County Line Grapefruit.
Terps.

IMG_4988.JPG
In the jar, I get a hint of banana flavored candy (not banana), bubblegum, some fruit - in a freshly painted room... there's a latex-paint-drying smell where the fuel combines with the sweet. It's a little leafy on the leaf to calyx ratio but not bad. That and the bushy hairs does make it burn a little hot. I might re-trim them with a bowl trimmer to fix that.

Ground up it's more fake-banana-candy and bubblegum, and it stays through the smoke. If I had to guess this is in the mid-teens on the THC. It's not going to knock you out, it's a pleasant morning smoke. Honesly I put this in my "cigar" category. Roll a fatty and enjoy smoking the whole thing.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Salute H.A.F. I hope your re veg goes well and I bet it does if your roots look good an now have some new dirt to grow into. I have never done a re veg but I always wanted to try just to see it. Anyway... I was just watching a YT vid on this subject and I think the only thing you didn't do that he suggests is prune the root ball to the size of your remaining plant. Not sure if that really makes a shit or not though.
Start the vid at 4:17
Not a bad video, but it is geared towards the closet grower with one plant and the premium way to do it. I am not shifting the light cycle of other plants to accomodate the lone plant that has the least chance of success anyway. On this one, if it does, it does - whenever it does. And if it doesn't by the time I need room Oh well.

I bought a new pack of the Homecoming Queen to hunt if it fails, so there's options. This is just really great weed. The latest harvest is almost cured, and I have a jam packed half gallon between the early plant and the late ones - but it's in a few jars. I don't know several things:
Does it store well long term and get better, degrade quick? I just ground up the last of the grandma and that doesn't seem to be a problem.
Will I get sick of it? I don't think so because of the variety of other stuff I have.
Is it even the best representation of the strain? ??? 13 beans and I got the one girl. Might be the shit pheno compared to others I haven't found :ROFLMAO:
Will I need to grow it again in the next year? Nope - no way I can smoke all that in a year with everything else.

My main goal in getting it re-vegged is to try and keep one tiny mom long term to see how that works, but mainly to get a handful of cuts back to @J.James so he can see what he thinks, then maybe one of his breeders can reverse it.

I have sooooo much potential fire to grow out I won't get hung up on one strain. If it ends up being one of those "damn, that was the best ever!" things, I'll have memories and a goal 😁

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So I'm off down another rabbit hole. Living soil instead of just organic. I have some larger cloth pots in a shopping cart waiting on me to deciding how I want to do this. They recommend 15 gallons, but I do not want to grow 4 huge plants. 7 gallon is the minimum, which is still a two-plant pot in my book. I can fit 4 of the 15 gallon or about 8 of the 7 gallon. But I think I need to stop thinking "pot-size" and start thinking "garden". A 3x3 square pot/bed would probably be best, but that's a huge leap. Not going there yet.

My soil now is mainly organic, but has the guano-based/bone-meal/feather-meal top dressings all in it. I am starting to use aloe, coconut, barley and corn for watering, alternating per the build-a-soil schedule, but since my soil ain't lioving I think I need to go easy on that stuff and keep up wth the current top dressings until I shift over.

But with the sprout teas and stuff I'll eventually stop the Fox Farms stuff and have a killer tomato garden... All thanks to biting the bullet and getting these:
IMG_4990.JPG
I got a 250-pack of red wigglers, but don't have the actual worm-bin yet. Seeing what food they like, so there's corn sprout tea leftovers, mulberry and weed. along with some regular veggie scraps. I have a piece of window screen sandwiched between the two propagator walls so I can control the air with the lid and upper walls. so far it's working. No dead worms on the carpet and worm slime on the screen :)
IMG_4991.JPG
I honestly think it was the mushrooms growing out of the bottom of my pots that inspired me 😁

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I eventually want to shift to just compost and stuff from my house. I have Barley and corn planted now to try and get some seeds from before winter (should be fine) and I won't have to purchase that many inputs. I added the milk to my LaB culture this morning to start working on an efficient natural pesticide.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This guy hasn't made a video in a while but did multiple plants in a big pot. His grow logs are really informative. Nothing new to the seasoned but for a noob like me he makes it easy.

It makes perfect sense that if you need about 3 gallons for a plant to grow out healthy regularly, there should be no problem sticking 2-3 in a 15 gallon pot. Just a whole different paradigm. I still want them at least on rolling caddy's. Not being able to at least rotate them would bug the shit out of me.