The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Might be a dumb question but when u say wash ur buds , whats the procedure and the benefits of doing that?
I just chop plant, hang for bout a week, then maybe paper bag it a day or 2 then straight to jar.
Just curious man
Thanks
Look up "Jorge cervantes washing away botrytis". I can't link the video from the sources they have up. An actual pro can explain the process better than me. It is designed for if you see any PM, or if you grew outdoors and think there may be a likelihood of bad juju starting.

I grow for me. a few family and friends, but mainly me. My stuff is around for a while before it's gone. I do it more like a pasteurization thing. I put it in the "can't hurt" category. Mainly for the probability of long term storage.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is very interesting. Was thinking about this the other day. How about all those skin cells.too. love to hear how u do it .
1 cup of h2o2 to 1 gallon of water, and I use as little water as possible to save peroxide. So the container depends on the size of the plant.
Make sure the water is room temp, or you start with the bubble-hash unintendedly :)
I trim my limb, then weigh it because I'm OCD about stuff like that.
I dunk the bud in the water and swish it around until most of the bubbles stop and is seems soaked. the oily consistency of the buds repels water fairly well.
I let all the water drip that will, then use centrifugal force to 'sling' as much more water out as I can. If I see drips on the nugs while hanging I'll do that part again.
Hang them in front of a fan to re-dry them
Hang like normal.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The 4/20 drop got attention today. They already had the Jump Start top feed applied, so I base what I give them next on how they eat. All are actively drinking now so I added some Big Bloom and a few other FF additives with microbial/bacterial benefits. (Kangaroots, Kelp Me, and Wholly Mackerel) I also add Athena's Amina's calmag and silica to every watering whether I add anything else or not. It'll be fun to see if they look perky after the lights come on tonight. The XB light veges well, but slowly. Haven't seen the plants "stretch" for it much under them.
IMG_7461.JPG
And I will have at least one flower-clone to play with - re-vegging is another question. IMG_7462.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I like the flower-clone thing better than the regular clone thing - don't know why really, other than knowing that anything that lives will be a girl. Doesn't seem like as much of a waste of time.

As easy as this is, and with the delay in re-veg, then getting it to a flippable plant, I should be test smoking the moms before I flip these. It'll be close.

Since I have so many packs of regs to run that are 'one-and-done' because they are not for sale I can at least try and get one more run out of each, picking the best pheno if that's an option. But it's also a hedge against only getting one or two girls out of a pack. I'd rather it be second nature to get the flower-clones going, then cull whatever.

I thought about the possibility of keeping a mom going, but I don't need that much of any strain, no matter how good it is.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I think I like the flower-clone thing better than the regular clone thing - don't know why really, other than knowing that anything that lives will be a girl. Doesn't seem like as much of a waste of time.

As easy as this is, and with the delay in re-veg, then getting it to a flippable plant, I should be test smoking the moms before I flip these. It'll be close.

Since I have so many packs of regs to run that are 'one-and-done' because they are not for sale I can at least try and get one more run out of each, picking the best pheno if that's an option. But it's also a hedge against only getting one or two girls out of a pack. I'd rather it be second nature to get the flower-clones going, then cull whatever.

I thought about the possibility of keeping a mom going, but I don't need that much of any strain, no matter how good it is.
If I really like something I will take a few cuts , flower her , rinse and repeat. But sooner or later u wanna make room for something else . Has there been a couple strains that u have seriously thought about mothering?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If I really like something I will take a few cuts , flower her , rinse and repeat. But sooner or later u wanna make room for something else . Has there been a couple strains that u have seriously thought about mothering?
Right now I'm sitting on 32 packs of regs, and another 20 of fems. I have too much new stuff I want to try to get tied down with that.
The flower clones is a way to get an extra stash, or at least make the attempt so I don't feel guilty LOL

I don't want to run the 4 Rainbow Man plants, get one girl, and them find out it was the best I ever tried.
But like for the Hippie Cripplers, I got 4 girls. I don't need the clones, and will have HC coming out the ass. So that will just be a pheno hunt from the three moms and run one plant.

But I have only been in the game for about 3 years. I don't know what I don't know as far as strains. I found the 4th gear to have that "memory" buzz bringing back the old days for me, but I have only run a few strains that I wouldn't bother running again.

Which of your children is your favorite? LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So, the 4th Gear (for now) has been a favorite. I have full quart left, but I'm smoking on MANY other strains right now - it'll last.

I only had a run of testers left, so I bought a pack to hang onto. But there's no telling when I'll run it. I'll just know it's there when I feel the urge :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The current system I have going seems to be working, dropping a pack of regs every month with a few fem seeds so I can try them. I don't seem to be overcrowding now, and the harvest/drop cycle should keep it that way.

Doing this I'll have 3 years worth of runs and will still have individual fem seeds leftover :) And for some reason I don't think I'm done getting seeds.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Right now I'm sitting on 32 packs of regs, and another 20 of fems. I have too much new stuff I want to try to get tied down with that.
The flower clones is a way to get an extra stash, or at least make the attempt so I don't feel guilty LOL

I don't want to run the 4 Rainbow Man plants, get one girl, and them find out it was the best I ever tried.
But like for the Hippie Cripplers, I got 4 girls. I don't need the clones, and will have HC coming out the ass. So that will just be a pheno hunt from the three moms and run one plant.

But I have only been in the game for about 3 years. I don't know what I don't know as far as strains. I found the 4th gear to have that "memory" buzz bringing back the old days for me, but I have only run a few strains that I wouldn't bother running again.

Which of your children is your favorite? LOL
Lol my banana cake

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got the HH trim-hash decarbed and ended up with 2.25g, or ~1125mg of THC for budder.
IMG_7463.JPG
The WG is going now, and looks to be about twice as much. The other flowers are more middle of the spectrum hybrid buzzes. These are the two farthest apart, from couchlock to creative. I want to see if it translates into the budder, and I'll decarb some flowers to play with once it's cured.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not quite twice as much, but close.
IMG_7477.JPG
From the bottom. I have roots popping out on 4 clones now, at least one from each mom
IMG_7475.JPG
The Rainbow Man and lone Dinoberry Bites (front) are alive
IMG_7473.JPG
This is a few hours of light after getting a full belly - and about as much 'perk' as I'll get under the XB
IMG_7472.JPG
The lonely just flipped's
IMG_7471.JPG
And the jungle :) Not pruning anything else on these. Big pots, eating well, and healthy. I think they'll support anything left on them without larf.
IMG_7470.JPGIMG_7469.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's an oddity if anyone tries any top-dressing type feeds. Since I am not using salts I don't worry about run-off. I don't seem to have to worry about high ppm if I haven't been over-feeding.

What I mean is that the highest ppm I have seen on the liquid feeds I've added (25% of recommended) has been 500-ish. So I am not really feeding them anything but the dry stuff. The calmag and silica blast bring it to 200ppm.

I water until I see run-off to make sure they are soaked, but then I stop. I checked out of curiosity and it was about 3500ppm the next watering after the top dressing was added. I know there is a timed release aspect to the nutes, and that the initial run-off is rinsing stuff out, but if I saw 3500ppm on the non-organic stuff I would be heading for the sledgehammer and starting to flush hoping I hadn't killed them yet.

But a quick check in a few ounces of run-off and I can tell when they are eating. It drops rapidly so the time release isn't long term.

You see the plants. Whatever it is, it is suited to the plants and they like it.

SCJedi

Synergist
Out of the three by @SCJedi I think the G13xHP will be the best.

The Blackwater x Mystery hermed, but is pretty frosty. I'll end up using it for hash or edibles though, smokes a little harsh.

The Nigerian Sunshine x Bodega Bubblegum had promise (smells great, grew healthy) but there's just not a lot there. It's not larfy, and looks like dense buds- but it's hairs. There's a fat layer of pistils on it which I guess means lots of small calyxes? The early smoke was good and it has potential in the final cure, but it didn't wow me. This plant might benefit from a manifold/4-top to force some plumpness. Left to it's own devices there was no gusto :)

But the '88 G13xHP looks like my kind of smoke. There were two different looking phenos, but they smell the same. It's an 'almost citrus' that may cure into it, with some fuel and spice. And it is rock hard nugs. It was an easy grow, but next one I'll veg longer and prune it before flower so it doesn't "clump up" when they get fat. The 4-top, manifold type grow where you snip all the bottom shoots ain't for this weed. Unless you need to save space. Those two little 12" tall plants got me just under 3oz of goodies. On the down side it did look a little light on the trim frost - for a "hash-plant" ;)
88ghash definitely benefits as a multi-topped bush. Sorry the others failed you. I'm happy to replace anything if you'd like. Lots to chose from in the private stash.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
88ghash definitely benefits as a multi-topped bush. Sorry the others failed you. I'm happy to replace anything if you'd like. Lots to chose from in the private stash.
Here's the G13xHP swingin'. And I got a few grams of trim-hash from the two small plants. These should be purty when cured.
IMG_7482.JPG
I didn't pay for any of these so there's no way I would complain - and I also noticed none of them made it on your recent sales menu. That means testers in my book, so take the info how you want. I meant it as constructive criticism for breeding purposes. I ran one seed from several strains, so I did basically a pheno hunt for when I want to grow the rest of the packs. In this instance, The G13xHP goes up on the list to run, the Nigerian Sunshine x Bodega Bubblegum will get bumped back. But I know I only got one pheno of the NB - so I am still going to grow them.

That said, there are the two other NS crosses you sent which I'll run before the NB. But I'll run and smoke them all eventually. :)

The Blackwater Mystery will probably go into the "emergency" vault just because of the herm possibility - but even you said it was an accidental cross.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Here's the G13xHP swingin'. And I got a few grams of trim-hash from the two small plants. These should be purty when cured.
View attachment 58265
I didn't pay for any of these so there's no way I would complain - and I also noticed none of them made it on your recent sales menu. That means testers in my book, so take the info how you want. I meant it as constructive criticism for breeding purposes. I ran one seed from several strains, so I did basically a pheno hunt for when I want to grow the rest of the packs. In this instance, The G13xHP goes up on the list to run, the Nigerian Sunshine x Bodega Bubblegum will get bumped back. But I know I only got one pheno of the NB - so I am still going to grow them.

That said, there are the two other NS crosses you sent which I'll run before the NB. But I'll run and smoke them all eventually. :)

The Blackwater Mystery will probably go into the "emergency" vault just because of the herm possibility - but even you said it was an accidental cross.
If you were to grow that G13HP again how would you go about it? You mentioned the lollipop-ping didn’t go great?

Just curious because Turp forwarded us a couple clones as well from SCJedi! :D