The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Blueberry Freeze x Jelly Biscuit by @J.James
aka Blueberry Biscuit.
The month-cure smoke reports are going to start rolling in now. First up is
IMG_7290.JPG

I haven't opened it for a week, and the smell has mellowed from spicy to milder, and I'll be damned if it doesn't have a sweet/baked goods smell. I don't get any specific berries, but I don't mind.

This was frosty as hell growing, but is not a dust-monster in the grinder. Almost no keif. I like that because:
A. I know its there, and
B. it is still with stuff I'm gonna smoke.
It's more like the 4th Gear with the sticky quality, compared to the Crown Jewel which will fill the keif-catcher in no-time.

I'm not great picking out flavors in the actual smoke (probably because I smoked cancer-sticks for decades) but on the good/not-good scale it's a good one. On the harsh/not-harsh scale it's about a 4 of 10. Enough bite to make it pleasant, no cough. I'll be smoking on it all day, so the "effects" part may get more reporting LOL For now it is a 'chill' buzz. Starts in the chest and spreads. Don't know if I'll do much for a bit.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Don't know if I'll do much for a bit.
Not complete couch-lock, which is good. But if you were in that mood it would fit the bill.

Since that post I have made food and eaten food. 2 hours and I'm still high, so that's good too 😆

That was from three "pinch" bowls. (a GRAV 14mm attachment if you are curious), so this is definitely one to look for if he sells it. I only got the one girl. There was no dramatic color change on the leaves when she was ripe. This is me wondering if there is another pheno that is even better LOL

Gonna burn one and play in the garden now.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
For the record...i was high...and i only have it on 24-0 because it is the great white north eh...

You have to be dull to put them out before Queen Victorias birthday here...she is the official birthday of gardening. 100% no frost fuckups where i live.

But 18-6 is my preferred veg. I tried 24-0 thinking it would keep plants shorter but...they can stretch 300% if you screw with them too much.

So i stick to more traditional methods..

:)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Chopped the DCP (74g wet) - trimming took half a joint... LOL
IMG_7297.JPGIMG_7298.JPG
I replaced it with the runt Hippie Crippler to sex it. Thought about shutting down one of the 135's in here - but I would rather not have to fuck with major environmental changes.
IMG_7293.JPG
The three hippies are getting flowers on top, and have room for the runt to join in if it's a girl.
IMG_7294.JPGIMG_7295.JPG
I bumped the G13 Genius up to a 2-gal. I was going to go straight to the 5, but since I am not ready to flip I didn't want that much of a height difference between her and the other plants.
IMG_7291.JPGIMG_7292.JPG
And none of the clones died yet, and one Rainbow man is already above groung on day 2
IMG_7299.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am simplifying my processes. Here is all I use for dry-sift now.
I have a 220m 'work' sifter, a 120m keif sifter, a 6" stainless bowl that they fit on, and an anti-static brush (keif taps right out).
IMG_7305.JPGIMG_7306.JPG
I dry the trim on a dehydrator with no heat, whether it is frozen or fresh. I don't worry about it getting too dry, but I rotate it and fluff it up in the drying racks and usually catch it before it's too crispy. I crumble it up (with gloves) and keep grating it across the screen lightly until I don't see the keif hanging out. Anything that didn't crumble goes back on the rack for a bit.

I run the 220m stuff through the 120m screen and get this.
IMG_7300.JPG
The stuff that doesn't sift still has a little white in the green, so I have a little jelly jar of that saved to iso-wash.

This would not make great hash, but its perfect for beefing up a joint, topping a bowl, etc. This is just putting it back where it came from before you smoke LOL
It also makes great budder and I can decarb it right in those containers.
The difference in colors and smells is amazing.

The Hydra Hobbit is the loudest. Buds are just now dry, and the jar-crack-whiff smells like Italian dressing. The keif smells even louder.
This is supposed to be 1:1 THC:CBD so I am probably going to do budder or infused oil with it. .

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The DBB and four of the Rainbow Man are up. I picked around with a toothpick and the one that had no tail still doesn't have one, the other had a tiny nub so I added water to both on the seed area. IMG_7315.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Final report on the Blueberry Biscuit. I packed 2 large cones and a 1.25, and had a few bowls leftover.
I just finished it off this morning. Outstanding all-day every-day smoke. The initial rush/buzz is stout, but it mellows into a I'm bored, let's do stuff" mood (for me)

Next up is the Citrol Sledgehammer (Tangie x 9lb Hammer) by GK Genetics.
IMG_7330.JPG
This is the plant that made me decide not to run single regs again. There is no citrus at all. I'm sure if I ran the pack I would have found one. I can get better variety easier by popping a whole pack and having different phenos than the random grow of the "reggie roulette". Toss in a fem and you have variety.

Anyway, not down-playing this flower, but I obviously got a 9lb leaner or something as far as terps, but it's definitely not what I would assume a "Nine-Pound" plant to produce in density. These are frosty and airy like the White Grape - like a sativa bud on a short indica plant.

Jar-crack it smells spicy and sweet. If I had to compare it to something it is the Superskunk I grew that doesn't smell like skunk... (HAOG Skunk is curing up the same way - another one that I didn't get the other pheno)

No specific taste on a bowl-hit, a little sweet on the exhale.
IMG_7333.JPG
Nice joint weed. Smooth smoke, not resinous enough to clog up. There was no 'brown oil ring" as it smoked like the Blueberry Biscuit. But there's enough resin to go out on it's own if you "set it and forget it" and I'm pretty fucking high now. A little racy at first, but that mellowed before I put the cone out. That was a shorty like the one next to it, and that was about all I could get through.

I'll definitely grow out the pack drooling with anticipation at some point. I would have rather cotton some citrus though. This is like more (good) skunk.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The finished blueberry biscuit looks great man!
Compared to the BB, The citrol sledgehammer is just as pretty, nice buzz, but it doesn't have the staying power. If it was the only weed I had, I would go through it twice as fast.

So far everything I have grown from CLG has at least one aspect that it excels at. Buzz, how long it lasts, how much keif it produces, how sticky it is, whatever, I haven't found "average" yet. That's good enough for me.