The James Gang

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Compared to the BB, The citrol sledgehammer is just as pretty, nice buzz, but it doesn't have the staying power. If it was the only weed I had, I would go through it twice as fast.

So far everything I have grown from CLG has at least one aspect that it excels at. Buzz, how long it lasts, how much keif it produces, how sticky it is, whatever, I haven't found "average" yet. That's good enough for me.
If u had to choose one to grow from him which would you choose if u don't mind me asking 😀

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If u had to choose one to grow from him which would you choose if u don't mind me asking 😀
So far... I would say the 4th Gear. That is the one I am running again as soon as I get low, and I bought a spare pack of.

I have not tried the Dank Sinatra yet. @Punisher84 swears by it - but I don't think he has run the 4th Gear.

I'll be able to give you a better answer after the Dank F4's hit the market ;)

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
So far... I would say the 4th Gear. That is the one I am running again as soon as I get low, and I bought a spare pack of.

I have not tried the Dank Sinatra yet. @Punisher84 swears by it - but I don't think he has run the 4th Gear.

I'll be able to give you a better answer after the Dank F4's hit the market ;)
Oh yes definitely grabbing a pack of those f4 . I have a pack of 4th gear gonna have to run em soon

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh yes definitely grabbing a pack of those f4 . I have a pack of 4th gear gonna have to run em soon
I have been watching several of the breeders, and a lot of them seem to be "strain-locked". I don't mind that a bit when someone finds fire, then breeds everything else they have with it. But then the strains all tend towards the same variety. So if you don't like stardawg (for example) then a lot of Heisens gear is out. But he has other stuff. Variety. (I also have never met a strain I didn't like, I have heard others that are picky)

I have also only been in the game for a few years so my opinion is not worth a lot. But I think these trend-starting/following/continuing things are a good business model, if you find something that people like (and buy), you go with it. But if you get pigeonholed into a certain genre, you will maintain a certain clientele. But since I have only been in it for a minute I haven't seen the strain progressions that got them to where they are now.

What I have seen so far from @J.James is variety. Nothing he has sent me to grow has been remotely similar to anything else he has sent. If you look at what's for sale now, there are 9 strains that have very little similarity to each other.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
👆What I mean is that he doesn't have 5 different 4th Gear crosses. Stuff like that.

Then again, that might have to do with production volume and the ability to do that many different crosses at once - well. Hell, I'm just a stoner that grows plants.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
👆What I mean is that he doesn't have 5 different 4th Gear crosses. Stuff like that.

Then again, that might have to do with production volume and the ability to do that many different crosses at once - well. Hell, I'm just a stoner that grows plants.
I love the variety. I mean even in the 90s there were a large amount to choose from but nothing like now . I agree same strains get old but I get it, especially if it's a stellar cut. There are only a couple strains I've kept over the last couple years and I will keep popping new shit till I find another winner . Thx so much for the response man!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I love the variety. I mean even in the 90s there were a large amount to choose from but nothing like now . I agree same strains get old but I get it, especially if it's a stellar cut. There are only a couple strains I've kept over the last couple years and I will keep popping new shit till I find another winner . Thx so much for the response man!
So far, I have only found one strain I didn't care for (ILGM Skywalker OG) - it got me high, but it tasted like dirt. There are some that really stood out, and I'm all about the variety.

The 4th Gear was a memory lane type thing. There was some "sticky-bud" we got a hold of in high school (no one new strains back then where I was) and the 4G gives me that same buzz. This might play a lot into peoples favorites.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
First thing tonight was pics (easier than a loupe for me) The runt Hippie started showing sexy-parts
IMG_7362.JPG
so I wanted a closer look. some show at the top first
IMG_7360.JPG
SHE showed at the bottom first.
IMG_7361.JPG
And now get's big girl panties and I have a little more to do tonight :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thought of a better name for the smaller hippie - Flower Child. I have a very fine layer of coco chips in the bottom of the pot. before I dunked it into the new soil I brushed off most of the loose stuff.
IMG_7363.JPGIMG_7366.JPG
And the G13 Genius (fem) showed me this asymmetry which is why she flipped. In veg and trich's starting on the fans as well :)
IMG_7370.JPG
And speaking of the G13 - there are three crosses in here now.
IMG_7375.JPG
One is almost ready - getting some milk, with an amber here and there
IMG_7377.JPGIMG_7378.JPG
The other looks to go another few weeks and get wicked shaped tops.
IMG_7383.JPGIMG_7384.JPGIMG_7385.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What I have been calling Hydra Hobbit (3-headed dragon x Longbottom fighter) by @Bad Dawg is DANK! The buds are fluffy feeling, but heavy if that makes sense. They had the long "calyx-ladders" or whatever those things are called, but they definitely are full of resin and didn't dry up larfy.
IMG_7397.JPG

It's just dry enough to smoke. I can't pinpoint the smell now. It was like Italian or Caesar dressing. Now it's like homemade pickles with the fresh dill and onions.
No telling where it'll end up when it's cured, but this is the funkiest stuff I've grown. Thanks! And what is weird is that it didn't smell up the joint when it was growing.
This pack will be right back on the grow list, and I'll be setting this aside for evening weed. It packs a punch, but I feel muscles relax as it kicks in. Nice. IMG_7394.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was going to try the White Grape next, but the Dulce Cherry Punch is dry, and I had to see what it was about. I have no problem figuring the smell on this one. It was from "Chuckers Paradise" which I learned has no affiliation with the site, and that the site caused a wrinkle in this dudes mellow LOL.
IMG_7429.JPG
This smells like Chick-Fil-A nuggets. In the jar and ground up. I saw someone post recently about a "poul-tree" pheno and I thought it was a joke.
Found it :) I'm actually getting a little sweet on the exhale, but it has an aftertaste a little like chicken. Decent buzz. Pleasantly surprised.

This was an ugly ass plant until I trimmed it to a single cola. Ended up with over half an ounce from it. I know that when I grow out the pack this will be a one-off and I'll probably get all the sweet cherry stuff.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The DCP is interesting smoke, but the buzz is nothing to write home about. I like the smell more than anything, and the taste is delicious. It still has time to cure.

The White Grape by hazeman is primo.
IMG_7430.JPG
I think this is like the LBF cross. It's gonna have it's place. NOT chill in the evening weed. It's a little on the racy side, but hits all the good 'sativa' effects. Uplifting, want to go do stuff. Not necessarily productive stuff with a goal in mind. Just stuff.

It smells more like wine than just grapes to me. It has a sour note that gives it that fermented quality you get from a white wine. Frost for days, so the keif from this and the HH will both end up as budder, and I'll see if they actually rock it like dayquil and nyquil :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was gonna do a big update - here's pics instead. I have work to do...
IMG_7450.JPGIMG_7452.JPG
And this is the work. Haven't been keeping track of these well other than watering. Both have too much amber on the leaves, but milk most everywhere.
IMG_7432.JPG
This is the tops, but underneath there's no new growth with it's new trichomes. Watching all the calyxes stack up got me mesmerized.
IMG_7438.JPG
IMG_7444.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The G13 x Hashplant were 165g and 175g wet. Tiny plants, dense as hell.
Here is the one limb that had the whorled phyllotaxy all the way to the top.
IMG_7454.JPG
This plant was more "clumped" and the heavier of the two. I couldn't clean the nugs well without breaking the lowers off.
IMG_7456.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If anyone is wondering, that is where I hang my flowers after I wash them. I have a fan sitting on the kitchen table blowing on them until they get back to the pre-wash weight. Then they go to a drying area.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Out of the three by @SCJedi I think the G13xHP will be the best.

The Blackwater x Mystery hermed, but is pretty frosty. I'll end up using it for hash or edibles though, smokes a little harsh.

The Nigerian Sunshine x Bodega Bubblegum had promise (smells great, grew healthy) but there's just not a lot there. It's not larfy, and looks like dense buds- but it's hairs. There's a fat layer of pistils on it which I guess means lots of small calyxes? The early smoke was good and it has potential in the final cure, but it didn't wow me. This plant might benefit from a manifold/4-top to force some plumpness. Left to it's own devices there was no gusto :)

But the '88 G13xHP looks like my kind of smoke. There were two different looking phenos, but they smell the same. It's an 'almost citrus' that may cure into it, with some fuel and spice. And it is rock hard nugs. It was an easy grow, but next one I'll veg longer and prune it before flower so it doesn't "clump up" when they get fat. The 4-top, manifold type grow where you snip all the bottom shoots ain't for this weed. Unless you need to save space. Those two little 12" tall plants got me just under 3oz of goodies. On the down side it did look a little light on the trim frost - for a "hash-plant" ;)

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
If anyone is wondering, that is where I hang my flowers after I wash them. I have a fan sitting on the kitchen table blowing on them until they get back to the pre-wash weight. Then they go to a drying area.
Might be a dumb question but when u say wash ur buds , whats the procedure and the benefits of doing that?
I just chop plant, hang for bout a week, then maybe paper bag it a day or 2 then straight to jar.
Just curious man
Thanks