The James Gang

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
So taking the top of that skunk, uhm, I was just leveling the canopy... yeah, that's the ticket! :rolleyes:
View attachment 51894
Didn't work out too bad, the GMO cake is the only one on pot. Looks like she's starting to stretch now.
View attachment 51895
The Little bright green Nigerian Bubblegum got her first real feeding. Everything gets just water now until I see the run-off ppm start to drop. Except the DCP. no sex yet, and she looks better in the pic than up close. Looks like residue from a foliar feed on the leaves - but I haven't done that. If it's a girl, I may remove some of the soil and rough her up a little to make sure everything is ok in the root ball.
View attachment 51896
Both hashplants still healthy. As soon as the little one is big enough to flip they both get it. View attachment 51898
Last but not least - The star of the tent is Blueberry Biscuit #1. She's been working out - got rails starting already.
View attachment 51897
Plants are looking good man.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Plants are looking good man.
Thanks! I got my light meter and have been keeping everything on the lower edge of the recommended lumens. Everything is at about 40k-ish depending on height. I just really want things to finish when they are supposed to instead of putting out foxtails for weeks.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hashplants.

Since I am waiting on the little one I am playing with the 'big' one. I was going to top it and leave the bottom 4 shoots, but for now I just got rid of the 4 fan leaves shading the shoots. Hopefully they'll stretch a little then I'll top the main. I might snip some of the shoots I am not keeping tomorrow. IMG_6058.JPG
This one just got the seed-leaves and sprouts taken off. Which only puts her a few days behind the other one.
IMG_6060.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
FUUUUUUCK me...
I thought it odd that the BB2 was browning, then I saw this.
IMG_6091.JPG
I gently yanked her, but she may have fucked the whole tent.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I took her apart and there were nuts top to bottom. Some open, some not. There wasn't a ton of pollen splooged everywhere under the flowers, so he/she wasn't prolific. I checked all the others and saw nothing. I guess if they all start browning in the next coulple of days and making seeds I'll know.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I took her apart and there were nuts top to bottom. Some open, some not. There wasn't a ton of pollen splooged everywhere under the flowers, so he/she wasn't prolific. I checked all the others and saw nothing. I guess if they all start browning in the next coulple of days and making seeds I'll know.
Ughhh it happens beat wishes

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
At least I have plenty of smoke and more seeds... :)

@J.James - Seriously though, this is my first herm I didn't catch. The others were late nanners and pretty easy to spot while bud-gazing. Never had pollen issues.

If any of the others got a little pollen, would it just produce localized seeds where it hit, or does it start the plant down a path where they will herm too?

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
At least I have plenty of smoke and more seeds... :)

@J.James - Seriously though, this is my first herm I didn't catch. The others were late nanners and pretty easy to spot while bud-gazing. Never had pollen issues.

If any of the others got a little pollen, would it just produce localized seeds where it hit, or does it start the plant down a path where they will herm too?
That's nature for ya, always throwing curve balls. This is also why we test and see how these crosses turn out, This was a Blueberry Biscuit? You can find good plants from the seeds a herm can / will produce but I would not use them for breeding or to gift or trade these types of seeds as they are more prone to herm. I personally would trash the plant and any clones of it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's nature for ya, always throwing curve balls. This is also why we test and see how these crosses turn out, This was a Blueberry Biscuit? You can find good plants from the seeds a herm can / will produce but I would not use them for breeding or to gift or trade these types of seeds as they are more prone to herm. I personally would trash the plant and any clones of it.
There will be no seeds from the BB#2. She's gone. Took about a half second of thought when I saw the second open flower.

I'm more worried about the rest of the tent. I have no problem finding a few scattered seeds in the other plants. Grew up with that :) I was more worried about whether the plant making a few seeds would affect how it grows otherwise. Will it be more likely to want to make it's own pollen now?

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I def notice them more now then in the late 90's when I was growing last . U notice this is less common with old school strains ?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I def notice them more now then in the late 90's when I was growing last . U notice this is less common with old school strains ?
I think that crosses from crosses of other crosses is bound to produce mutations. I took college bio/chem classes so I get the basics of the breeding/genetic thing - Mendells Law and Punnett squares and whatnot. But with all the breeding going on I don't think it has anything to do with the "old school" strains, if they have been bred and crossed a lot. I would lean more towards there needing to be some stabilization of each new cross before breeding it with another.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Depends on the strain really, I think that there's are a lot of genetics out there, in most of the American Lines at least, that we have no history or only word of mouth linage to go with. I think some of the lines are so bottlenecked down that the plants just are prone to show these traits. Environment is also a factor

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Depends on the strain really, I think that there's are a lot of genetics out there, in most of the American Lines at least, that we have no history or only word of mouth linage to go with. I think some of the lines are so bottlenecked down that the plants just are prone to show these traits. Environment is also a factor
I was def wondering if it's just so many cross breeds causing this ? Is this what u mean? Sorry very baked

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@sfrigon1 Actually, in the late 70's and 80's, most of the weed you got had some seeds. I'm talking fat sticky buds, but you rarely bought a lid that didn't have a dozen or more seeds.

I am wondering now if that was from the odd herm in a big crop that didn't get caught. Which could have been an accepted practice at the time to get the bulk for sale to teenagers on the streets. The breeding now I think has made it where finding a seed is a rare thing.