The James Gang

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
@sfrigon1 Actually, in the late 70's and 80's, most of the weed you got had some seeds. I'm talking fat sticky buds, but you rarely bought a lid that didn't have a dozen or more seeds.

I am wondering now if that was from the odd herm in a big crop that didn't get caught. Which could have been an accepted practice at the time to get the bulk for sale to teenagers on the streets. The breeding now I think has made it where finding a seed is a rare thing.
. I don't know I never got herms back then and now it seems very common . For me anyways

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
. I don't know I never got herms back then and now it seems very common . For me anyways
I don't know herms - didn't grow back then. I was the teenager on the street :)

I just know there were seeds in the buds regularly - not a lot mind you - but over several years from a variety of sources, most buds had them. But the smoke was amazing.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@J.James On the herm thing - I am not a breeder so please don't think I am bashing anything. I should have noticed sooner. I'm a tester and that's my job.
Now I know what to look for. So since I have grown this many of your plants and not seen it before I think that's a pretty good track record.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Gonna pollute your thread

Dank Sinatra from @J.James umm go get ya some now.
I grew 2 small plants. I regret not growing bigger plants. Smooth smoke, I’m no flavor expert but it’s fine. Super rich smoke, my lord is it potent. Easily the best smoke I’ve grow, and probably ever had. Wife and I are on our third try getting through the first blunt. Good stuff. Super dense buds. Very potent smoke, very frosty. I look forward to growing it again for sure. Thanks @J.James
AC781B3C-BFE4-408E-B3BF-CADD0EC9D1E7.jpeg7880F170-3E8D-4564-8295-79377F3903AE.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Gonna pollute your thread

Dank Sinatra from @J.James umm go get ya some now.
I grew 2 small plants. I regret not growing bigger plants. Smooth smoke, I’m no flavor expert but it’s fine. Super rich smoke, my lord is it potent. Easily the best smoke I’ve grow, and probably ever had. Wife and I are on our third try getting through the first blunt. Good stuff. Super dense buds. Very potent smoke, very frosty. I look forward to growing it again for sure. Thanks @J.James
View attachment 52214View attachment 52215
Pollute hell! Bring some over LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Green onions - scallions - whatever
IMG_6095.JPG
I have had these growing from seed since last summer. It's getting below freezing tonight so I snipped all the tops. Been doing that all winter, and all it takes is a few days of sunshine for them to get going again. What I don't use tonight gets shopped up and goes in the dehydrator.IMG_6096.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Luckily nothing in the closet needed anything tonight and the door wasn't opened. HAOG Skunk was the only thing with pistils that could have gotten splooged before I moved her in here. After looking at the pic I'm taking those last two fans.
IMG_6105.JPG
The White Grape is growing like the Hydra Hobbit, but the leaves aren't as dainty (YUUUUGE!). They are about to go too.
IMG_6101.JPG
I think the GMO Cake has some Canadian in it. Short stubby leaves look like maple leaves - but different. IMG_6104.JPG
These got soaked tonight, I'll flip them as soon as I have new seeds germinated :)
IMG_6106.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I drop my next sets of seeds, one set of plants will run start to finish under the XB200. I've had mixed results with it, but always healthy plants under it.

Since it will be occupied and eventually on 12/12, I re-rigged my seedling/short-veg area. Two HLG65v2 and a heat mat with thermostat,

IMG_6112.JPG
I had one board for a photo backdrop. It was kind of scuffed up so I got another.
IMG_6113.JPG
Little vent hole at the top, a lid out of the leftover, and the new board will just wrap around the front loosely for airflow. And a nozy cat.
IMG_6114.JPG
I tossed a toy near his second-hand-stoner ass and he just half-way reached for it. Couldn't get it so he lost interest and gave up.
IMG_6109.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My 1st herm got me thinking. I should have seen it, but the main reason I didn't was that I wasn't pruning and training like I usually do. I was in a hurry to flip stuff because I knew I had new seeds coming and wanted some to start flowering out sooner rather than later to make room.
I am back to doing 4-tops no manifold. Just topping it to keep the first 4 beefy sprouts.

I snipped the shade leaves on the tiny G13HP to get more light and quicker growth for the sprouts.
IMG_6116.JPG
I wait to top because I hate leaving that major open wound on top, I cover it with grafting wax, but that stuff never hardens, so it will stick to the sprout leaves if I don't let them grow past where I am going to top it. IMG_6115.JPG