The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ever "craft" a bowl? I was grinding up some Crown Jewel and it is frosty as hell. After rolling some cones, I had some really fine stuff in the tray that would have clogged a bowl or got sucked through, so I put a pinch of regular grind at the bottom, the pile of fine stuff in the middle, then I covered it with the grinder keif.
IMG_5976.JPG
Wanna see what "full melt" means?
IMG_5979.JPG
After I hit it I covered it to put it out, then just stared at it for a minute. Then grabbed my camera LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I already had the liquid trio, and a "12-pack" of all of their stuff I got as a gift. I am sold on the system, but will be replacing the stuff I can with cheaper versions. I use the Botannicare Sweet Raw instead of the Bembe (both sweeteners/microbe food)

The "Alaska Fish Food" at Walmart will do to replace the mackerel stuff, and I am sure there is a cheaper kelp supplement.

That said, I am using 25% of that schedule. most of that stuff is 1-2ml/gallon, so it isn't expensive. I think with all that mixed together at 25% its about 500ppm. Not much at all, mainly supplemental stuff, microbes, amoebas and pterodactyls and shit.

I also simplified the hell out of it.
The 1st feeding is whenever it is. After I repot to 1gal (new soil with food) I wait until I see the coty's start yellowing. That is only a teaspoon of the Jump Start. not a lot but they start eating.
I don't use the veg feed. Flip feed is either before or after depending on when I fed them last.
Early -pistils
mid -browns showing
late (last feed) when it feels right, about a week before harvest or more.
FFHF-2.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh, I'm high. Did I mention that?

My point about the replacement products is that using as little as I do it might just be easier to buy the same stuff. smallest bottles they have...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I might be going about this the hard way, but I pull all the mulch off each plant when I feed since I'm using the top dressing. Instead of just spreading the raw fertilizer right on the soil where I might get hot spots or something, I use a bartender-shaker method with about a half cup of soil and whatever dry feed is called for.
IMG_5991.JPG
The CS and BM got fed In this tent. (left and right flowering ones in the middle) I stacked the HH on a pot in the back to match the Skunk sort-of.
IMG_5995.JPG
And I did the only training I plan on with the GMO Cake. She's starting to stretch a little now so I spread the cola out to give them the room they'll need when fat and stinky.
IMG_5994.JPG
And the Blues Sisters also got fed. This closet is starting to smell a little sweet :)
IMG_6016.JPGIMG_6017.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That worked out to feeding 6 tonight, then 5 should need it next. Better than 11 at once when making RO water.

I also tried something a little more standard for the liquid feed. Instead of mixing up gallons of feed, I mixed enough for a quart each and got it pH'd, then I did another few gallons with just calmag and silica. Each got their quart and the top dressing, then plain water until there was a little runoff.

When I pulled the coco off I also hosed it down with neem oil spray and let it set (covered 🤧) while I was watering and waiting, then piled it back on after. I'm only worried about removing it so I can scratch the dry feed in. I won't be doing that every watering.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's a few random pics.
The plants got nothing but happy thoughts tonight. Starting to see a great variety in structures and leaf shapes, everything grows a little different, cool stuff. Pretty much everything that's lighter green gets fed next.
IMG_6028.JPG
The GMO Cake is nice and bendy. easy to train. snaps back pretty quick
IMG_6029.JPG
From the other closet, it looks same as last night, except the tops. Blue Eyes has long straight pistils,
IMG_6034.JPG
the Blueberry Biscuit looks more random and curly.
IMG_6033.JPG
And the hashplants are fine now, just waiting to get bigger.
IMG_6035.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And here's the other tent plants.
HAOG Skunk by @Schwaggy P
One of the basketball team. Tall girl, internodal spacing is great. All the plants were in the 8-10" range at flip, she's 24" now.
IMG_6019.JPG
Hydra Hobbit is tall girl in training. Number two on the roster at point guard. Beautiful plant! When you look up weed in the dictionary the pics look like this.
IMG_6018.JPG
At forward is the White Grape by Hazeman. These are the three that I am shifting to the closet next watering. All the other plants seem to be in the same general height range, and I don't like shimming plants up on buckets and pots and stuff... gravity...
IMG_6020.JPG
The Citrol Sledgehammer from @Phylex is stacking nice. Getting some claws, I think from cooler temps (grow this one in summer next time?) The others don't seem to mind.
IMG_6023.JPG
The two from @SCJedi are both shrubs. Next time I grow them I think I need to try and get them to stretch more in veg. Low light maybe?
The Blackwater Mystery looks crazy now after my pruning, but at least she don't mind a bad haircut :)
IMG_6021.JPG
And the Nigerian Bubblegum looks like she might stretch enough to avoid drastic pruning.IMG_6022.JPG
The DCP is the only kind of ugly one. Just dull looking with funny looking leaves. It had a rough start because of me. day 5 still waiting on sex.
IMG_6024.JPG