The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Evenin!

As a soil grower the next lights on after watering is kind of like opening a Christmas present - but like, if you have some shitty relatives too. You never know what you're gonna get :)

None of these are sideways. Maybe lucky day 13. The soil was misted as mentioned when I repotted, but they are otherwise dry and really light. I'll check on them every few hours, and mist if needed, but want the roots to stretch for a day or two before I add water.
IMG_5607.JPG
I have a 65w QB, a vivosun rattle-fan for exhaust (temp control), a fan for circulating the air, and the dome bottom and insert protecting it from the circulating air for now. Any suggestions or ideas welcome.
IMG_5608.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And there was only one surprise. All but one plant seems very happy with the exact same feeding. IMG_5610.JPG
In this case, the SCJ is a little droopy. Might have been mad at me about the pruning. It is right after lights on, and some strains take a little bit to wake up. For now I'll just keep a closer eye on it. Might put it on the back burner with the three that weren't ready for pruning.

That is something I like about this forum and the fact that people making the seeds are here. If there is an issue I could ask if the strain has a tendency or if it's me.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After I top the bulk of them, they get flipped. I think the other three or four may just have to wait until they stretch a little post-flip. Or if they don't look too stretchy I might just let them go and see what happens.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Blueberry Biscuit are 30 days today. I'll likely let them go longer since there's only two.

That means the others are at 24 days. Flipping them at around 30 days seems plausible even for the lollygaggers.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Been smoking and thinking - dangerous. Other than height, I have no reason to top the plants. Now that I have my rooms rigged for height I can accommodate a 4' tall plant.

I think with the variety of plants I have going I'm also more interested in seeing what they all do naturally instead of pruning them all the same.

Sunday is 30 days for most of the plants. I think that is the flip date, then I should have them all sexed by the next new moon (23rd) to try dropping seeds without killing them this time. And also know how many girls I ended up with and if I want to re-drop any of the culled-males with the others next time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That is something I like about this forum and the fact that people making the seeds are here. If there is an issue I could ask if the strain has a tendency or if it's me.
And right after I posted this I tried to tag Hydrored to ask him and he was gone LOL

THAT is how I learned about the mess that went on. I am not some loony-toon to take sides or trash plants because of someone's differences. I am not going to get into the clique crap. Why can't we all just hit a bong?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just glad I got some auction assortments before the clique took off or were asked to leave. I don't care who the asshole is. Even assholes can grow plants. And I can't fault the "loyalty" of those that did nothing wrong and left with their friends. Wish they could go quietly with class like @SCJedi instead of ring-and-run.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I may have salvaged some. Bone dry after being under the lights for a bit, so I watered each around the edge.
DCP is the least happy, but surprisingly still has a thick stem. It may perk up with the water, if not it's gone. IMG_5620.JPG
The rest I am seeing promise on, even new growthIMG_5621.JPGIMG_5622.JPGIMG_5623.JPGIMG_5624.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It's decided. My little forest looks too cute to top. Flipping this weekend. IMG_5627.JPG
I am always shuffling plants around, and hate taking a lot of notes, so the two that didn't get topped and got less water still have the plant label "behind" the plant facing it, the other 8 have them "in front" facing out.
IMG_5625.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After I flip, the next step is up-potting the girls to three gallons.

I use mainly the FFHF dry top-dressings for my food, And I have added none yet. The feeding schedule also calls for liquid accessories like the Big Bloom and some of their kelp, fish, and microbe goodies. Those extras are all they have had so far.

I don't want to top-dress, then only water them a little bit. I want the stuff I add to get thinned out and distributed through the soil rather than having it moistened and getting hot on the top layer.

When they are ready for their first soaking tomorrow or Saturday I'll top dress and soak, then flip Sunday.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Definitely don't look like 16 day old plants, but it looks like I may have learned a good lesson and it only cost me a seedling or two. 3 days from the repot. The 3HD x LBF looks cool. Long pointy leaves.
IMG_5630.JPG
Tonight or tomorrow night these get top-fed, soaked and flipped.
IMG_5632.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everything got a teaspoon of Fox Farms Jump Start, sprinkled on the soil then scratched in before watering.

They each got 450ml (one squirt bottle) of my standard RO watering mix -
5ml/gl Cal-Mag and 2.5ml/gl Silica Blast, pH'd to 6.5. The ppm of this is usually 160-180. 200 later in growth when I use both the pure and the run-off (not deionized) RO water.
IMG_5633.JPGIMG_5638.JPG
And I think I can take a bow - new leaves opening on all :)
IMG_5636.JPG
The DCP that was leaning had a VERY flimsy section where the original soil level was (damping off?) so it got buried a bit. But I didn't want to touch or break anything so I let it be sideways. [top left] today I added soil arond it to prop it up and it was sturdy.
IMG_5634.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I wonder if they are here for the woodchuck, squirrels, chipmunks, or just hanging out. A small flock of Black Vultures behind the house. I only got one in the cool shot. but they didn't take off. I got to about ten feet abd he just ruffled his wings like he might take off. When I walked away he stayed.
IMG_5643.JPG
If I am gong to have vultures, at least they aren't those ugly bald-headed mofo's
IMG_5644.JPGIMG_5645.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got bored, and did the math. I have more room than I thought so I dropped a few more seeds.
3 regs of SCJedi's '88 G13 x Hashplant. and a Cannaventure Cheap Thrills fem.
IMG_5682.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I keep track of stuff I still have in jars. Today is the 2 month date on @J.James Paradise Diesel #1.
IMG_5684.JPG
This was the early finisher of the two (~65 days) and she was not a fat girl (@BigBallzWillie )
After the larf there was about 2.5 ounces, compared to her 6oz super-diesel sister.
IMG_5685.JPG
This is fluffy and frosty, and is EXACTLY like sticking your nose in a bag of Cheetos!
1581250014902.png
I'm fucked-upper than a football bat right now :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I saw a weed documentary, and one old stoner grower had box with old weed in it. Nothing smokable, but his theory was that eventually it might be genetically feasible to go in and get some DNA to resurrect the strain.

I don't know about all that, but I got a vacuum sealer attachment for the small-mouth jars. I thought it might be pretty cool to take one small jar of weed with about a quarter-bag of each strain and hermetically seal it for a year and see what the result is. Then maybe a year after that.

Little 4g rH packet and vacuum seal it. Put it in a 'vault' and put a date on the calendar. Might toss a nug of hash in with it as I start getting that strain specific hash running.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was playing with hash making today and I had an epiphany! I have some Everclear-wash oil that I decarbed. You need to add moisture to the keif in some form to start the process. I spread some on the decarbed and flattened keif.

IMG_5687.JPG
I folded and rolled, folded and rolled.
IMG_5688.JPG
until it started looking mixed
IMG_5689.JPGIMG_5690.JPGIMG_5691.JPG
All ^^^ that sruff was mixed kief from trim, grinder, whatever. Anything that would fit through a 120m screen. Below is the next project, Black widow. Since it's working well I am going to start on the other strain specific keif I have. I don't think I'll use the oil for the next try. Maybe a few drops of Everclear instead to 'melt' a little oil into it.
IMG_5692.JPG