The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After shopping around, Lowes and Home Despot, Harbor Freight, the best price on a 4cuft mixer was about $300 with free shipping. I bought one. My back hates me... The Harbor Freight was only $270 but shipping and tax brought it to more than the same chinese crap on Amazon. But I am using it occasionally for soil - should be good. No beans means I invest in something LOL

I also found (hopefully) a tomato hack. I hate cages because they only work for a few months then the best stuff is hanging all over the place, then they get top-heavy, then the wind blows everything over - so I hang mine. Piece of twine dangling from overhead and just wrap the plant as it grows. But you need something overhead. I was looking for the T-type clothesline poles or something similar I could sink in the ground - I found these! I ordered a test one, it seems tall enogh and sturdy enough so I plan to have this in between two rows of tomatoes, then a walkway, then another set of tomato/clotheshanger/tomato rows
1680216216145.png

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
If you look at the close-up shot you can see 5 distinct levels of pistils
Red - original gangsta
Orange - round 2
Yellow - round 3
Lt Green - round 4
Green - round 5
View attachment 126620
She is plumping up but staying segregated, no solid forearm colas yet. Looks like it'll make the calyx-pillar fingers if it goes long enough. One of those spiky things.

Having her in her own closet is also a safety factor. I don't want to get complacent about nanners - which is probably what will prompt harvest - but they are hard to see among all the fresh green stigma. I have had to pull out the loupe or take a macro shot to check stuff almost every day.

However - I have seen no issues at all. My plan is to add LAB to the next few waterings for all the plants - can't hurt - then to water this beast before adding whatever I add for the littles. I think the sugars in the LAB will make it do something, even if it's bad :ROFLMAO: 😜 🤷‍♂️

I need more 7g pots - they seem to be enough to handle a long plant with my style. Went to order some from the source and it was about $30 for the order, then another $25 for shipping - fuck that LOL
i took the waterhose ,to my old bags and tryed to pressure wash em, came out fairly clean, stuff the bags in a bucket add boiling water (i will have to break out the fish cooker) should finish the job.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got my landscaping mostly done with a day to spare. I promised myself I'd wait until April fooIs day or later to set out tomatoes and peppers. I may need to loosen some local spots with the broadfork as I plant, but the terracing is done. I have rocky but otherwise rich soil. Tomorrow I get to set out pots and figure out what gets planted where and what I have room for.

First I wanted an area that was deep with loose soil for some sweet potatoes now, then whatever else. When they are ready I can pull the fence and let the soil and taters pour out. Little walkway close to the boulder, and the entire area shaped like a baseball diamond around the rock was taken down to that level out to where those moist bare-soil walls are. I carved out enough soil and clay to mix up into some pretty decent stuff.
IMG_4469.JPG
This is from the left, my back door being to the right. All that area with the cover crop has been set for a few weeks. That rack is 80" long. I figure I can fit 4 plants on each side, maybe 5 for the novelties that I just want to see. I have another that size and a longer one on the way. Then I'll use cages.
IMG_4471.JPG
And from the other side. Nothing in the cages. I was seeing how many plants I could fit then ran out of cages. So far the burlab on the fence works great. You can tell when the soil is dry on top but still wet deep. The new rice hulls there was the last part I needed to get farily level with some of the stuff from around the boulder.
IMG_4472.JPG
I planted peas a month ago and have had a few frosts since - I have them all around the fence, about every other panel.
IMG_4473.JPG
I set the extra tomatoes and peppers I had started in three flats by the rosd with a "free" sign. I saw a lady looking through them like she was trying to decide - I helped her load them all up LOL. so I did a good deed. Last I checked a Bonnie Beefsteak is in the $4 range, probably more now. 18 3" pots in each tray is a pretty good haul for someone that was gonna buy stuff.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Anyone else that is retired and has options, I think going hard one day then planning on doing nothing the next is always best. If you get something done it's a bonus but recovery is nice. Potting up some inside plants today and "culling" my stash.

I didn't mess with this but I bought a small sack of "cactus and succulent" soil to see what it's made of and the consistency. Coco, perlite and castings... So I potted a few little Ice Plants in the cactus soil. What I thought was a flower was in fact the next petal? blade? whatever, on the cactus. After seeing this one take off I snagged a few more random pieces to get started, but I may go into full production mode if I like the fruit. In macro I can see the little spines starting at the base of those finger things which I guess break off and leave those little brown spots where growth will occur later - I love learning stuff! Even two little nubs at the base where a rooting spot might be needed. This is too easy, and I have all the raw amendments to make a batch of soil. This was just in living soil with some added coco.
IMG_4481.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I love being a stoner. Durban Poison is good thinkin' weed. So I am gonna do a smaller batch of cactus soil and bring in a flat of cactus starts because I can. Every season is has great blooms but the fruit are wrinkly and thin. Never thought about caring for a damn cactus - it was living LOL. However :unsure:
I will now also mix a wheelbarrow size batch of soil with something local instead of coco but getting the right consistency, then put a fat layer of it all around the big cactus. Just start cutting and sticking - make a whole bed of little starts instead of one old cactus that looks like hell. But right now every single blade outside has the little "flowers" on it for new blades that are about two weeks behind this one. It's trying.

Culling weed is fun. Several I only have an 8th left or just the last top nug. Some are new ones that I'll whittle down to a handfull of the best to age and hash the rest. But some have aged and need to be either decarbed or sifted, Or justr smoked on to make sure they're worth the storage space to age longer. The ones up top are what is currently ground up and in my head. On the left is the dry sift for bowl-topping that I still have from recent chops.
IMG_4479.JPG
The terps on this stuff can be really dank if the flower was. The Chem Power and the Cheese are funky. If the smoke gets 'culled' the sift will go into the collection jar for storage. These things don't seal well, so flower will dry out in them and rosin will butter up quick, but for fresh sift these are perfect to make sure it doesn't mold as it cures.
IMG_4484.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess the basic thing is that tomorrow I'll probably have a lot of pre-rolls. In a doob-tube in the dark they age nicely for a few days - then they're like cigarettes while working outside.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Now weed. Shit luck on the bean drop. I need to go back to square one and figure out how to drop a bean I guess. They only soaked for about 8 hrs but all sank. That's dud 2 from the Gorilla Goat tester pack. I'll pop them all at some point - not wasting cups any time soon.
The CLHP is oddball number two of the three pack. Still alive but not doing anything. Next drop may be the 3rd and another 3-pack. Just to see if it's bad karma or if something happened to the beans. Cherrywest has a big and a little - gonna get me a girl I betcha!
IMG_4508.JPG
The flower clones are still vertical. no roots, no shoots. None from the Morning Brew but there's sets of two of both Sunkiss, Cowboy Caviar, Millionaire and Straw-burst
IMG_4509.JPG
The veggers - the Golden Goat fem (left) looks like shit, but the 4 Delirium Dog I bitched about are all killing it now.
I am debating on whether to let these go to get veg clones and/or top them and clone the top. Not cloning many so it'll probably be a mixed flip.
IMG_4503.JPG
Both Morning Brew have that scrunchy looking top that looks really mold-prone, good thing my rH is always low. Straw-burst in the back.
IMG_4504.JPG
And the quick tent. I am thinking 8 weeks on these, Rasta Jeff says the Sunkiss has a few 7 week pheno's. Both Sunkiss on the right, Millionaire up front and Cowboy in the back.
IMG_4506.JPG
Not weed, but I am digging this as a houseplant. Balsam, gonna make pretty flowers, but it looks almost plastic.
IMG_4510.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just can't help myself 🤷‍♂️ OK, but it was only $50 for ~20 regs ;) . I have a vial of the Freaksow left, and now I have the Nigerian Ducksfoot from Hoku.
It is dwo different duckfoot types, and the description is similar to that of a Dr Grinspoon, from growth to buzz. It is Nigerian Landrace (Duckfoot Pheno) x Acer 1 ( Duckfoot Line), and it says 75% will have the duckfoot variation.

But is sounds like for a 16 week plant you flip after week one or two and roll with it. If 75% are ducks, and 50% of those are female, it is a long-ass hunt growing three or four at a time. But if the high is as good as he says the leaf structure will be secondary. So that brings it back up to ~10 girls

I'll get to see some males before culling if nothing else.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Instead of the usual auto-flip at 28 days I'm gonna be selective now.. After sorting and re-classifying flower yesterday I am set for a bit. I was getting low on a few of the "bowl-only's" but I am now confident they have suitable replacements

I am getting into the stuff I know I want to keep mom's of. I'll have a few that keep the cycle going, and maybe that's a good part of each drop to plan. But no more flipping runts or stragglers. Tuesday is 4 weeks so its getting to be decision time.

I think the T-star will be the first of the lot I really want to mom so that's gonna get topped for a veg clone or three. Then I can flip it and get smoke as soon as it recovers. The Triplesec will just flip and I'll take flower clones.

The 707 is gonna be a "find the best then see if it's a keeper" but I have a lot of strains to work through and would have no problem with a fat 707 keeper library - plenty of time to flower clone since I haven't tried most yet.

Orange Gasm and Golden Goat fems? No on the GG - it looks like it's got the canna-HIV and I may cull it. The OG looks nice but like the others I haven't tried it. No there, flip when ready.

The Delirium Dog I am undecided on. It may be special, but I got a 15-pack free - but they were a bitch at first and I got lucky maybe? So those go into the flower clone set if I get a girl - but they are at least a week behind the others.

This should get me primed and ready for the next batch where it's all keepers if female.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I actually did something on the to-do list! One flat of cacti. I tried a few diffferent levels of cutting, there's a mickey Mouse ear one out back in a bigger pot. That aloe is from a pup off the side of the mom I up-potted last fall. I haven't cut on it yet but it's ready.
IMG_4511.JPG
but I still need to do something with these that are in 2g.
IMG_4513.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Pro tip
One thing I didn't mention - but it's pretty apparent - is you don't snip whole leaves. By volume, the filet's of goodies on the inside that are the best are more bountiful on the old thick parts. You snip what you need off the tip and it heals, and keeps getting fat. a 2-3" slice off one of these lower pieces has all the gel of a whole leaf on a small plant. I really don't need all this, but may have use for it in the garden as well as the weed tents. I learned that you can wash the filets and freeze them. Since I have the new baby ready to go I think both of these will get butchered, and it's easier to up-pot a smaller top plant.
IMG_4513.JPG
Oh - the grocery store organic green onions in the back are killing it. I can snip on those for a long time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Heres a stoner thing for you - my tomato/clothesline thingy prompted me culling the Golden Goat fem. High winds from the big storm that blew through and I left that thing right where it was in the pic, it blew down and I should have known because the wind can only go two directions with any force. Karma. Now I know and it cost me nothing.

I culled the Golden Goat fem and I sent these to Rasta Jeff. Looks like one of the possibilities is HLV, which can be passed via seed. Could just be a fucked up seed but if he pays to have stuff tested anyway... No big story - showed him his other strains in my other spaces then the shitter.
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG