The James Gang

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Heres a random... last night the motion sensor flood lights kicked on and I happened to notice so I looked out back to see what tripped it. Maybe a cat or something - then I see a 10-15lb American marsupial waddling around the edge of the garden

I have an opossum!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For anyone keeping score, the dates for all the drops and flips are in my signature block (for me - not you, but there it is anyway :ROFLMAO: ) The Thunderhole was basically flipped New Years. She is rootbound, but I know if I was to up-pot it that would just make things worse and cause more vegetative growth as the roots spreadout.

So I added castings, and some bokashi. I am hoping the bokasi will speed up the breakdown of the older dying/deat roots and 'soil it up' a bit down in there. Maybe get some fungal stuff going on to help finish it?

11 weeks, 2 days and it looks like at least another 2-3 weeks.

Wonder what is in that Winter Frost stuff that makes it plants want to finish.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Any change in the buds? Are they filling out or getting denser?
If you look at the close-up shot you can see 5 distinct levels of pistils
Red - original gangsta
Orange - round 2
Yellow - round 3
Lt Green - round 4
Green - round 5
IMG_4435.JPG
She is plumping up but staying segregated, no solid forearm colas yet. Looks like it'll make the calyx-pillar fingers if it goes long enough. One of those spiky things.

Having her in her own closet is also a safety factor. I don't want to get complacent about nanners - which is probably what will prompt harvest - but they are hard to see among all the fresh green stigma. I have had to pull out the loupe or take a macro shot to check stuff almost every day.

However - I have seen no issues at all. My plan is to add LAB to the next few waterings for all the plants - can't hurt - then to water this beast before adding whatever I add for the littles. I think the sugars in the LAB will make it do something, even if it's bad :ROFLMAO: 😜 🤷‍♂️

I need more 7g pots - they seem to be enough to handle a long plant with my style. Went to order some from the source and it was about $30 for the order, then another $25 for shipping - fuck that LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My other option on hand is a 15g, and that might work for two plants. I tried it once, but that was with my first run with the buildasoil and everything was sketchy that run - I was still figuring stuff out and the soil was new-new

I hate killing things so my shallow earthbox or the 15g pots could end up as clone dumpsters. I think a lot of my clones may end up "that was good smoke - but not a mom". If that's the case I may have 4 Sunkiss and 2 Stawberry Starburst ready for flower (if they don't re-veg) when I decide they aren't keepers.

Similarly I can have a mess of clones stuck in like I tried before, but fewer and larger clones of something I just want more smoke of. even if I am keeping it. There are a few now that I didn't harvest much of that I would definitely do a second run for headstash.

:unsure: And if they re-veg and I am getting many cuts from one little clone, or a tent-full from 4 :sneaky:

I think maybe I was impatient and should let the plants get puffballs before I take cuts?

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
You're using the living soil pots with the lined sides, fabric gap at the bottom and fabric bottoms correct?

I'm looking at changing up to the living soil pots to see what kind of difference I get since I've ran most of these plants two seasons. I think it will benefit my watering situation and help keep my cover crop alive.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You're using the living soil pots with the lined sides, fabric gap at the bottom and fabric bottoms correct?
Yes, and you can see on the Thunderhole that they don't last forever. Once they get grungy like that at the bottom I shift them to possible outdoor use for peppers or something. It's not worth the damage to your plumbing to try and wash them. but giving them a good rinse with the garden hose after a grow does OK.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Excavation day and I had 2 Catpiss, a Dogma and a Cronus sour that didn't want to play. The CLHP was growing sideways with a helmet still on so she got a full re-hab and we'll see. Treated it like I just pulled her from a paper towel or something. I still need to cycle through trying things that I have only gotten duds or males from. but that list is getting smaller now. I have one each of the three strains that were duds that are viable and growing. If each is a girl it doesn't matter about the duds. Goal accomplished.

The Lime1 x Jaro is 'supposed' to arrive tomorrow. They did this last week and I was waiting until Monday. If I feel compelled to drop any replacement beans it'll probably wait until next month.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lost one of the three Cherrywest to damping off. Lost two that way in this run and the only thing I have done different is I had a garden sprayer of water handy instead of getting a spray bottle for misting. I gave the non-poppers a quick spritz in the middle to make sure the seed didn't dry out but I think it may have been too much for a few. The CLHP greened up overnight so I think it'll be fine. The Irene were slower to pop and had 2 helmet heads, but they popped right off.
IMG_4440.JPG
I have beans showing up today and will drop some, just don't know what.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have that huge cactus out front and there were a few of the blades that were broken off. For the hell of it I stuck one in soil outside and one inside. The outside one is in a bigger pot and I can't check roots and it has nothing going on up top. This one is showing growth top and bottom.
IMG_4442.JPGIMG_4449.JPG
IMG_4447.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got my Lime1 x (Jaro F3) today - 15 in a 10-pack.
Had to look at the drop video to make sure the letters were in the right spot... I got 6 of these Freeborn testers - Fems?
If anyone knows what the MMK Afi TB is hookah brother up :cool:

1679776371294.png
I also got a pack labeled just "Afghani" with a tube full of beans.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a lot of random freebies that could be fire. I think that this is the last random drop. I have 2 Lime1 x (Jaro F3) and one of the fem testers getting wet, then I think I'm dropping packs or half packs. Getting feminized Freeborn testers is pretty much the pinnacle of freebies - I think I am done buying beans. It's just getting too frustrating looking at all I have and want to pop and don't have room for. Duke Diamond dropping new stuff is probably the last packs I'll get for a while.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I dropped 4 beans. 2 Lime1 x Jaro, MMK Afi TB x Headband(f), Gorilla Goat(f)

The Gorilla Goat tester was a freebie. First was a dud.

The one fem from Freeborn just because - but I am trying to decypher it

MMK - something something Kush?
Afi - Afghani - the only part I'm pretty sure of.
TB - no clue

So it's a Headband cross and that's about all I know for sure, and the Afi on the other side makes me think short and dank.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If the Afghan seeds came in a little envelope with Afghani hand written label they are bulk seed from Afghanistan. I got the same freebie from Dagga
Email Peter, he responds pretty quick.
If you got any marigold or mullein, that came from me. I got a pack of marigold seeds back - after sending him a gallon zip-lock of them LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
83 days - and done. Kind of sad but it makes things a lot better for my OCD getthing her out of there. Where's Waldo?
IMG_4459.JPG
So from the top we have the shorties and a normal. The Morning Brew are the two up front. Chembag is the back left
IMG_4462.JPG
The Chem91 Bagseed is gonna be a MOM!!! It's only 10 days since I flipped but I'm getting the stretch I need to get some clones
IMG_4455.JPG
The other 4 normal size, but all are still stretching
IMG_4460.JPG
The closet is back to veg
IMG_4451.JPG
and the mini tent for seedlings
IMG_4450.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On the Sunkiss and the Morning Brew I have two pheno's of each. One Sunkiss is taller, skinnier, less secondary/tertiary branching. The other is a shrub and I had to strip a lot of lower stuff because the flower site was runty or just a nub.

The two Morning Brew look exactly the same except the height.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Reamending - Who else has an inside-rake? 😜 Really good for mixing. You can pull everything to the outer edge then roll it back to the middle. A decent size cement mixer is about $300 for an amazon special. Don't ask me why I know :rolleyes: Another inside tip is a sprayer of RO water. If any of the soil is a little dry you can give it a spritz to kill any dust. It got a little bit of everything. Craft blend, insect frass, mixed crustacean meal, bat guano, malted barley and just a pinch of extra gypsum for the sulfur.
IMG_4466.JPG
I have nothing that needs an up-pot for a week or so. After mixing it went into those 8g black totes with the yellow lids. I filled 6 with a little extra. that I am using for indoor veggies. I have a bunch of lettuce from all those pots sitting in a shallow a tote of soil and a 1020 tray that will be going on the shelves where the tomatoes have been.
IMG_4467.JPG