The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have the 3/21 drop and the 4/20 drop to plan. I am thinking that Monday I'll drop the last of the shotgun approach with 2-3 each and knock out the 707's I haven't got a girl from yet or haven't popped yet. Last of the Dank Sinatra, and another CLHP to make sure the wonker was an anomaly. I have 5 or 6 packs from before the hurricane, then after the disaster he did me up some 3-packs to give some away but have them still be in official packaging. I am hoping that the bean storage didn't go sideways when the power went out and drop the viability of the 3-pack beans. I may drop the other two from that 3-pack to make sure.

Depending on how many Freeborn beans come in a 10-pack I may drop the extras, or if there's cool freebies. Not showing up until Monday now though. With the space I have available compared to what I have in the mini tent I can drop a few more. I soaked these for the first time this morning (left 6 and the 2 larger DD) and they are getting a 1g before lunch when the lights go out.
IMG_4394.JPG
normal plants may eventually show up
IMG_4395.JPG
These will get a tighter pruning and I don't care if they look stoopid... I will be eliminating larf potential, starting with loweer limbs.
IMG_4396.JPG
If the lower limbs grab their own light I'll prune away the lower stuff, but if they are the one under another, like the one hidden under this one, they will be gone. Easier than doing a lot of training.
IMG_4397.JPG
I chopped up the Mountain Berry last night and it was pretty larfy except for the tops. I finished getting it jarred and the dry sift collected and nothing but curiosity made me want to try it. There isn't a special smell or anything like you get trimming some fire. But it dumped hash and made twice the glove hash of any plant it's size. I think I got a bad cross but there may be long-cure hope.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The plant has potential though. I was already waked and baked when I tried some but there is some 'there' there. I got a good bit of it, and it's about 50/50 nugs and larf.
IMG_4399.JPG
And the difference is drastic. I am thinking that after it cures and does whatever tightening up it's gonna do I'll split it up and sift the loose half.
IMG_4400.JPG
But I am not after hash. I want flowers. So now I will prune like I used to when I was trying to get some weight.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the trim from the Amy Aces. I smoked some of the lowers and I think third time's the charm. This one is not sweet/berry/pixie stix like the first two. More dank from the cheese side of the cross I think. Sooo as a microcosm of how my plan should work, when I drop the rest of the pack of Amy's I know what to look for as a potential keeper. No sweet. I have the Chem Power and the Pam left. Pam might need another day but the CP is on deck.
IMG_4406.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What a fucking stoner... The pic above is from the Pam Anderson - which I realized when I went to snag the last plant and it was the Amy Aces...

So the Pam makes a good first impression. We'll see if it's 3rd time's a charm or strike three for the Amy.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's a stoner wake-n-bake epiphany - business idea for someone to run with.

Worm bin tote with a lid that doubles as a studry-enough castings sifter.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Everything got recharge last night. A little sugar treat for the recent flips and the recent up-pots. I rearranged these and I can fit 3 more 1g in here. 2 would be better to leave the space under the fan open, but that's 10-11 plants I can take to flip in the midget tent. With the clear inner cup to check roots, I know all of these had roots at or near the bottom, but none curling. So being careful and just dropping them into prepared holes, I see zero transplant shock.
IMG_4407.JPG
As I was checking them the lights clicked off in the other tent so I snagged a pic - Nothing looks droopy like it's had too much light.
IMG_4408.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
No need for pics, but the first Freeborn order showed up. I'll be dropping a set of the Cherrywest for a taste but I don't know how many. I paid $120 for 10 beans, got 16. Unfortunately there were no Freeborn Freebies in the pack. I got some Silver Haze x Strawberry Key Lime Pie regs from Cosmic Preservations, and some Disorderly Conduct from Black Market Breeders. That's GMO (Skunkmaster Flex cut) x Epstein's Island :oops:

I also got a 12-pack of the Delirium Dog as replacements for the 5 that were all wonky. The suspicion is that they went through an Xray machine at the border... :unsure:🤷‍♂️ If any of the 4 wonky Delirium Dogs pan out to be decent smoke I'll have a herd to hunt through.

I have a stack of Grove bags now, and another stack of brand new rH packs still in the celophane.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I can fit 16 solo cups in the big dome. The cups I'll be getting ready tomorrow morning are for:
3 Cherrywest BX4 from Freeborn and 3 Irene Columbian from Coastal,
Then a mess of 707 stuff I haven't tried yet. 3 Catpiss, 2 Lemon Tree, 2 Cronos Sour, 2 Dogma
And I could only fit one CLHP so I'll drop the third from that 3-pack as a replacement if this one duds out, or next drop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
A few plants in the mini tent will be the start of the cloning. I still don't know what I won't be cloning the following will be kept if ladies
T-Star (Trinity x Stardawg)
Dogma (Trinity x 707 Chemdawg)
These two will either end up having one winner between the two, Or with the phenos that could pop I might have a garden full of pheno's.

Triple Sec (Lemon Tree x Kush Cleaner) - along with the Lemon Tree I just dropped are the same as above. Might keep one or 6 different ones.

The mystery 707, and basically everything 707 I'll keep a library of. But I think that'll be a long term project and weeding out the weaklings will be fun. I think the Kush Cleaner male crosses will be easy to whittle.

Irie is the opposite. Most of his stuff is readily available and inexpensive. If I like the Orange GasI think those are pheno hunts to see if there's a keeper, not to select from many.

Then obviously the special ones like the Freeborn.

Best thing is that the last frost should have passed. I can clear out the starter shelves and start moving stuff outside. I won't put much in the ground yet just in case but if it comes in it'll be for a night or two.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Overnight soak then everything into soil. I need to rig the 3x3 tent for veg and fire it up. For now It's just a hanger for the light and a warmer spot. I can use the mini-fan and the extra extender to keep it an enclosed environment wherever it is. I have a heat mat under it until the first ones pop. All that matters for now is the heat and humidity. Check.
IMG_4413.JPG
And I figured I'd get a group photo of the class of March 23. Full moon was the 7th, everything seemed to get done centered around that.
IMG_4410.JPG IMG_4411.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Out of the above, I haven't tried the Amy Aces. She's a little different from her sisters but I can wait for the cure.

The Homecoming Queen is stellar, even the larfy one that I only kept tops and froze the rest.

The Burnside is stare-weed. You look at things for way longer than is usually acceptable in polite society, so be careful using it in public.

The Chem Power is the chem high I like. So far the 707 Chemdawg (which is a Chem4 IBL project they did) is what I got in the Dogma is good. The Chem Sis in this one is good. I didn't get a girl from the Mayday which is the ChemD cross, but it's looking like I don't need to shell for more Chem91 S1's anytime soon.

The UK Cheese is the stankfest of the bunch. Super tasty, smells just like cheap blue cheese dressing. Good buzz but not face punch, but I think the flavor puts it above other "daytime' smokes.

The Pam hasn't gotten a wake-n-bake of her own yet but she's tasty and I like the bong rips. There's a good buzz in there jusrt don't know what kind yet.

The Mountain Berry is more daytime smoke but it has a deep funk that is coming out as it cures so it has potential.

The Deep Chunk is a great high. Smells of hay and disappointment... no real flavor.

The Nugsmasher :rolleyes: That was the disconnect between wanting to grow a larfy plant and actually doing it then wondering why 🤷‍♂️:sneaky::ROFLMAO:

On the mom side, three definites will be the Homecoming Queen, the Croquembouche, and the Spyrock Special Hashplant x Baguettes cross. All have that same gas though so I may settle on one. Need to find pheno's on those.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
OK - if you are retired, divorced, and have your lights on at night - take a nap in the afternoon! I'm still going and a lot to update. First, before I even watered I took another round of the lowest set of fan leaves on most of them - 2 leaves per plant. Before and after.
IMG_4414.JPG IMG_4415.JPG
I put a mesh sack of worm castings in a bucket of water and swirled it around for a bit for todays watering. I added Comfrey FPJ and LAB to round that out. No air bubbles, just let it soak for about a half hour stirring it every 5 minutes or so. As I pulled each plant out of the tent and watered it I took lower limbs off a lot of them. Some didn't need it, but I found this on the Millionaire - bifurcated 2-top au natural
IMG_4417.JPG
How can you not clone that right? So the journey begins. I just popped the snips in an aloe leaf to hold them over while I got done watering, then sitting in the aloe and water for a bit while I got the cloning stuff dug out.
They are sharing a heat mat, mostly under the clones, with the light just the opposite, all for the beans.
IMG_4418.JPG
This is one veggie/houseplant growing area I made to get stuff started for outside. Last night was supposed to be the last frost so stuff will start migrating outside. That's garlic and ginger on the shelf to the right that hasn't popped up yet. Maybe one garlic sprout.
IMG_4421.JPG
Next is scooping out the tops of the harvested pots and getting all that lettuce in a planter or three. OutREDgeous lettuce from Baker Creek.
I think growing lettuce is gonna be way more colorful than I thought. I have some crazy stuff to try once the ouside stuff is gone. I want to find the varieties like this that do well shaded under a cannabis plant in a pot in a tent. Guaranteed the worms are loving that shit.
IMG_4422.JPG
Speaking of Baker Creek. I love their seeds, always find random stuff I want to grow. Ever heard of an Ice Plant? Me either! Wanna see some? 😜 It's like a succulent but from seed so far. I have lots of these flower things I need to probably separate while they are this size.
IMG_4424.JPG
I also like Baker Creeks customer service, but beware their live plants. I wanted to get some raspberry and blueberry, I have all the blackberry I need wild. I also got some sweet potatoes. Never grown them so I figured this would be the best way to give it a legit shot instead of cutting up some grocery store GMO 'taters. These were all in the just under $20 range, for 2ea on the berries and 5 'tater plants.

The problem is that they shipped this stuff out just in time for it to sit in the post office over the weekend. From the 9th to the 16th in the shipping box. I bitched about them not arriving (ordered a few seed packs that did arrive), and before they responded the shit-show arrived. So my reply to their response was - terse... I told them that I really love their company but I would no longer be able to use them for live plants. I let them know they were not dead but looked like a bag of assholes. I could probably nurse them back but it was very disappointing. Turns out that (without asking) they credited me for all three items. And then there's the part where I am a good gardener LOL Everything is already perked up. Got some leftover recharge water the other day.
IMG_4423.JPG

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
How do you plan on controlling the raspberries? I have wild raspberries all along the treeline on my property and I would like to grow them in our garden but don't want to fight them. The only thing I can think of is something like this to keep things contained.
Screenshot_20230322-082625_Chrome.jpg

What's your plan vato?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
How do you plan on controlling the raspberries? I have wild raspberries all along the treeline on my property and I would like to grow them in our garden but don't want to fight them. The only thing I can think of is something like this to keep things contained.
View attachment 126542

What's your plan vato?
I have a good bit of land for one dude. If the thornless rasbperries wanna go crazy I'm good with that! I was thinking about putting them in an area near one of my blackberry patches because I think that means the soil is right.

But I do want to use the Offspring Come out and Play theory - Ya gotta keep 'em separated! They will probably be close enough to the house for me to get the berries before the critters do. The little blueberries will stay in pots for the next few years.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Forgot to mention that I took 10 clones from 5 plants. I think this is more for timing than anything else.
The Cowboy Caviar fem, Both Sunkiss since it is supposedly a quick flowering plant, the Strawberry Starburst, and the Millionaire which will proably be the only true keeper for my 707 collection.

Flipped 3/7, so 2 weeks in and after regs have shown I have early flower clones - not sure if they'll do a full re-veg or not. If they don't re-veg and just keep growing that might be cool, or I might be up-potting more often than I want to bother with for "maybe-keepers". That means about 6 weeks on average to care for the clones before harvest of the moms.

It might actually be better to wait on week 3 and puffballs, let them re-veg, them still have them in solo cups when I am smoking on the mom. Rootbound won't matter since I am after the re-vegged shoot to clone and don't care about the cupped plant much.

I didn't take clones from the Chembag or the Morning Brew. If they get enough stretch to give me some week three or four clones I might snag a few for scientific purposes ;)

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Right now anything cloned or from seed, is to get me the volume, i need to make it to the next chop!your cycle with the plants helped me a bunch .

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Right now anything cloned or from seed, is to get me the volume, i need to make it to the next chop!your cycle with the plants helped me a bunch .
Best advice I can give is more small plants rather than trying to veg one plant enough to get a pound. You smoke your stash waiting on that one to get done then start the cycle over again. If you want more of a specific plant then clones and pumping them back into the rotation when they are ready is gonna get you more smoke easier than the scrogging and topping and long veg for a bigger haul.

As long as you have a separate veg and flower space it's doable, but with two flower spaces it's a better ratio to one smaller veg space. If I was to start over from scratch knowing what I know now I might not have bothered with the closet. I could run this show pretty well with the two flower tents and the mini veg tent. The closet does give me height that a tent doesn't. For now with my Thunderhole 14-weeker that's tall I am able to raise the light way up and dim it.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Best advice I can give is more small plants rather than trying to veg one plant enough to get a pound. You smoke your stash waiting on that one to get done then start the cycle over again. If you want more of a specific plant then clones and pumping them back into the rotation when they are ready is gonna get you more smoke easier than the scrogging and topping and long veg for a bigger haul.

As long as you have a separate veg and flower space it's doable, but with two flower spaces it's a better ratio to one smaller veg space. If I was to start over from scratch knowing what I know now I might not have bothered with the closet. I could run this show pretty well with the two flower tents and the mini veg tent. The closet does give me height that a tent doesn't. For now with my Thunderhole 14-weeker that's tall I am able to raise the light way up and dim it.
trick for me has ,i allways had to wait on weather . now its timing the next starts .need a small veg tent. just to get starts.thanks @H.A.F.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Heres a random... last night the motion sensor flood lights kicked on and I happened to notice so I looked out back to see what tripped it. Maybe a cat or something - then I see a 10-15lb American marsupial waddling around the edge of the garden

I have an opossum!