The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The UK Cheese is now jarred and it smells amazing! If you open a pack of cheap blue cheese dressing, like you get with wings, it is the smell. In a good way. Forgot to get a pic because that Burnside stoned me pretty good. I weighted theclose ones this morning, then when I weighted the UKC it gained a gram - that's dry enough to me since it's in a 62% rH environment.

Kept out some larf from the UKC to try later. If the way I react to the smell is an indicator I'll like this one. The first I grew wasn't that great or that smelly.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had the soil and pots just sitting there so everything is up-potted, maybe some boys. The half gallon pots were good to get shorties growing taller, not to flip in. Lost two more Dank Sinatra to nuts and the last hasn't shown. I am positive on a few but whatever... All the soil I don't use in this flip gets mixed back into the stuff I just harvested and am reamending. If I have to cull from a 5g it's not a big deal since I have the space.
IMG_4332.JPG
And these are all known.
IMG_4333.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Burnside from Smiley's garden is good. There is nothing special about the yield or the smell, kind of a spicy but not harsh. 10 days dry and it packs a wallop. It is now 'in the rotation' and I expect it to get better.

The UK Cheese is harsh and needs the cure. I do a thing now where I'll pack a one-hitter then go make coffee. Basically something that is the same every day so I can feel whatever difference that bongrip made. There are a few where that is good for a bit, some you want more, some you want something else after.

So after the "cough to get off" part with the UK, I noticed a need for kleenex. My sinuses cleared out in a half a minute, and even early it's a pleasant buzz. I think it'll have it's place if it stays tasty and stinky. The blue cheese smell was double this morning after being in the jar.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The stoner thing I am thinking about this morning is that I had shit luck dropping beans outside the moon cycles. Maybe hocus pocus bullshit, but maybe not. I am waiting on the Irene and Catpiss and can see what the Freeborn order brings with it. Drop a herd on the 21st.
IMG_4336.JPG
I know the Chembag is a girl if she stays one-sex. so that will get a pot and flipped soon since I have the space. This may stay my veg tent since the struggle-bus kids on the right won't need new shoes for a while. Got my first CLHP dud, I think it's damping off if it still has roots. The first DD is showing regular 3-toe leaves so I'll get to grow at least one out. The others are showing life though. The one that had a single coty is the only one that put out regular seed leaves. Hot fucking mess.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Transplant shock my ass :ROFLMAO: someone liked it. This is since last night, and I loosened up any wound-up root ball issues. I have had a few pots where the 1g 'form' pulled right out of the harvested pot with very little resistence, and not much connecting the root mass outside that to the initial 1g rootball.
IMG_4342.JPG
I have plenty of extra soil now so it's just a matter of room for bigger pots. and up-potting when they are ready instead of waiting to find girls.
This is why I am liking the lettuce as a cover crop. what I don't eat is great worm food. I have also just pulled the top off the pot and transplanted several at a time onto smaller pots so I can get use the soil. This is looking like it might be worth it to fill some windowsill planters with the whole crop. I have a few more weeks before I can clear out a lot of the outside plants and have room for more indoor food stuff.
IMG_4343.JPG
Lettuce likes the cool though, and I have never had success outside with it. I have the outside gardens to play with for food now, but I have several plants I want to try to grow indoors over the next winter that I'll need to plan for. Some determinate tomatoes that don't get too tall is one definite. Depending on outdoor harvests I might not do hot peppers like I planned, but fresh bell/sweet peppers year round would be good. I'm watching the assortment of outdoor peppers for likely candidates.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got the Homecoming Queen jarred. Another winner. So far every Baguettes cross has been stellar. Dumps kief.
IMG_4344.JPGIMG_4348.JPGIMG_4349.JPGIMG_4351.JPGIMG_4353.JPG
And I am betting on the last hard freeze being past. The early morning short frosts won't hurt cabbage. Theres half a flat of big head cabbage and half a flat of Napa style. Behind that is random oriental greens that seem to be the thing now, along with a few herbs and some lemon grass I think is done.
IMG_4354.JPG
Completely randoms stuff from some morning glories to mullein and honeywort (whatever that is) There were some beautiful onions at the store, or rather, decent organic onions but woth beautiful roots. I did this last year with just one tray and had onion tops for cooking whenever needed.
IMG_4355.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Morning gardening ourtside, midnight gardening inside. Could be a thing, running on 12/12 :cool:
The girls. Got the Chembag up-potted and flipped as of today.
IMG_4356.JPG
The unknown 3, front one is showing but could still go either way
IMG_4357.JPG
And the next generation. You notice I didn't bother finding another no-tip holder for 6 plants...
IMG_4360.JPG
The dog-fuckers are in gladiator school now - no more fuckingn around.
IMG_4362.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Had my first false alarm. Went in specifically to see what the progress was. 10 weeks was the 14th.
IMG_4367.JPG
Looking down I saw some suspicious activity. Those two nubs dead center are looped new pistils, but have a rounded nanner-looking end.
IMG_4368.JPG
Deep breath...
IMG_4368 (2).JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got the Deep chunk dried out. Nothing pic-worthy, hairy little nugs filled up a mini C-vault. It took no time to dry since I snipped it all apart.

The verdict is that it is a real good high. I can see someone hanging on to the plant because the high is that good. The main tops were all dense but the under-tops were larfy and I already found 3 seeds, one or two maybe mature enough to crack. And I have no clue where it came from ut it dumped kief - however...

I pulled another one that was just as amazing this run already (Burnside) that didn't grow like a little bitch. I have only had a few drops where I didn't get at least one. Not sad that I didn't (couldn't) clone it. The thing it does is make me re-re-consider cloning anything. I have so many packs of fire I know I'll lose many to age before I drop them.

The thought of cloning, then maintaining a plant that I won't flower out and will have to re-clone to keep small (more space and hassle) so I don't end up with giant trees just doesn't appeal to me. I have food stuff to grow in that "extra" space if nothing else.

I need to keep thinking on it, nothing in the tents now I was considering cloning anyway except the bagseed. Instead of cloning I should use the 3x3 to pop all the unknown/questionable packs I have, or bagseeds. Keep the main grow room with mini tent for veg, closet for veg and flip and the two tents for flower just for known fire. That's the rotation that has kept me in smoke and made me a weed snob. All the extra lights I have from veggie starting can be for whatever else, but leaning towards food.

The 3x3 might be a good project tent with the earthbox. I have many freebie medical-beans I have gotten over the years, 1:1's, with CBD, CBG, etc. The feminized med stuff might do well in a mini bed...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess my point was that back in the day, if you found something great it was more imperative you hang on to it. After a few years of something it becomes habit. But hanging on to one thing means you aren't trying something else. Times change. I can buy more beans.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I guess my point was that back in the day, if you found something great it was more imperative you hang on to it. After a few years of something it becomes habit. But hanging on to one thing means you aren't trying something else. Times change. I can buy more beans.
That's the reason for 3 or 4 of all strains and the kitchen sink type deal for me, have found some real good high, from a few standouts.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's the reason for 3 or 4 of all strains and the kitchen sink type deal for me, have found some real good high, from a few standouts.
I guess my thinking is that if I need meds I drop a CLHP, if I get a dud I drop another. Nature is nature but I have no had a plant yet that finished and didn't have what I wanted in spades. Because I have that go-to in seed form, I have the luxury of dropping anything else I want knowing I have the back-up, and not needing to clone it.

Or I buy another pack of CHI Chem91 S1's.

But if I keep finding more and more fire the need to keep alone plant seems less and less a necessity.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
It's hard to cull when you never got a proper taste.

I have one that's 3 years old but never really crossed the finish line. Maybe this year

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have rain in the near future so the rH should bump up to the normal 40-50%, but this is gladiator school... Note the rH. I have many domes and can put them in the proper environment at a moments notice, but I hate the hassle. Low rH in general is good. The added heat and possible viral vector that comes with a humidifier ain't my bag. Surprisingly, it's a weed and adjusts for the most part.
IMG_4372.JPG
I put the closet to work since it has more height available. The Dank Sinatra up front is likely a goner. The Millionaire behind it has girl potential.
IMG_4371.JPG
And tomorrow I clean out the other tent. I can fit one more in here, but I'll probably spread everything back out instead of crowding it.
IMG_4369.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Tomatoes and peppers and stuff. The 5 Dwarf Moringa are supposed to be a high nutrient density edible plant. Looked tree-ish. I had to soak them in warm water for three days then a heat mat for another week or two but I got 5 of 6 to pop. I like celery as a cooking ingredient but I have never grown it. Same with the onions and leeks. My soil outside is getting nice but still too rocky for onions and root veggies unless I work and sift a ton of soil. So my earthbox may go for some of these shallow rooted things and/or herbs instead of weed. I just noticed that it is only about 8" deep, probably 6" of soil above the insert. The ones being used for cannabis are the 12" or taller ones. That way I can get at least a harvest out of them, or maybe even more seed, then plant the rest oitside to see what happens with no anxiety about it.
IMG_4374.JPGIMG_4375.JPGIMG_4379.JPGIMG_4380.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After all the bitching about cloning my dumb-ass just picked up another pack of Freeborn. The Lime1 x Jaro cross was what I was looking at when they disappeared last time. So I have the CW backcross showing up tomorrow and the Other showing up by next Saturday... On the FCP02 youtube channel there's a short that just pans across the beans Mean Gene sent, all fancy-packs for sale, then at the end there were some zip-lock bags of random crosses like for freebies.
1679094943277.png
There are two more crosses available for about $10/bean like regular breeders charge. I think the rarity lets asshole companies like seedsherenow slap a fat mark-up on them. The last packs at SHN were $300-$450 These are $120 except thte Lime1 cross which is $150.

So my initial desire to drop a few of everything may stay the same, but it may change to dropping a whole pack and picking a favorite. Maybe every 3-4 runs for the super-fire genetics. These two, the Lemon Tree, Dogma, from 707, the Irene from Coastal, etc.

Another option is to do that, but also drop a few of the others I want to try - 707 Catpiss for example. I need to see if that is even my jam before I drop the pack. But then if it is a keeper type plant drop the rest of the pack soon and fine the best so I am only keeping one mom longterm and don't have a pack left to hunt through.

There's also the chance that something I find could get shipped to and used in the next @J.James offerings. Who knows. That's just another checkmark on the side for cloning.

I lost the last Dank Sinatra to being a dude so that's 0-5... I have 5 left and they go down next regardless. I already have the plant tags handy LOL
That was what got me back to the cloning thoughts since I only have 5 left.

Thinking on this while I water...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the flowers. The Millionaire is a girl and for now everything fits here nicely. I took the two lowest limbs off both Sunkiss, and depending on how much everything stretches and stacks that might be the plan for others that are gonna have more flower than the pot can support. I need to treat the trees like I would the 4-tops. With that in mind I am also taking the big shade leaves. Right or wrong I think two yuuuuuge solar panels will be less efficient than the entire lower canopy unshaded.
IMG_4383.JPG
T-hole has her own cubby now so I can dim the lights for her and see how long I can take her. I have the light at 60% and I loosened up the LST on the lower limbs to let her spread out. They may end up each having their own stake anyway. I added a little bokashi as a top dress. Just an idea...
IMG_4385.JPG
73 days...
IMG_4387.JPG