The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Something I was pondering listining to that Tom Hill interview was his love for the Deep Chunk. It was along the lines of a lot of peoples love with the Chemdog, or whatever non-hype old strain you can think of that were kept because they were good.

So I'll be taking clones just in case, whether I want to or not. And if I am taking clones, these are going to end up in 1g pots and topped before or just after I flip. What it's looking like is a regular breeding thing taking clones then chucking - but there sare some I don't want to/need to keep, and I won't be waiting to see roots before moving on.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So I'll be taking clones just in case,
But - I am not that interested in breeding the Deep Chunk. One girl to catch pollen will be plenty. If I get at least two girls I can just put one back in veg to save as a mom or larger crop plant. If it re-vegges it won't mattter for preservation purposes. But since I check daily I have put some back in veg as soon as they showed and there was more of a hiccup than a full reveg.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think the decision is mostly made. I'll flip the chuck plants at 4 weeks like I normally do or sooner if the plants look big enough as a group. Probably more based on what is left in flower and how far along it is. I need no clones. Life goes on.

I have my Chem91 to play clone with and may get back into the mood. She's happier and I am excited about keeping that one. With the Sangria Cookies all dudding, it boils down to the Deep Chunk and the Thunderhole. I want some smoke of each but I have 5 plants of each, so as long as I get the right male/female mix I can just set a plant aside to keep in veg.

Of the rest, I would like to try the 707's if they are girls, and all the rest, but I have more of those in the vault and this is for seeds.

Since I am letting them veg longer than planned I should be able to snag a few flower clones from any girls if it seems worth the attempt, but I think it's best to just get it over with and move on.

I have my next drop to plan and part will be my 4 remaining Grapefruit from the open pack to see if they are all duds. The Homecoming Queen was from that same timeframe and went through the same storage and 2/3 popped. I am thinking that a re-run of some of my original tester leftovers is in order.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Of note, the Chem91 went from the HLG 135w board to the AC Infinity 100w board and cheered up. I looked and they do have a mix of spectrums in the light like most new lighrs from everyone do. My HLG boards do not.

So I am looking at the AC Infinity lights again. Their Ion-board lights are a little spendy in the $/watt I guess, but some of that goes into manufacturing. It's a self-contained thing you could hang as accent lighting in the living room ant it wouldn't look homemade like the WAGO/wire/heatsink monstrosities hanging in most of our tents.

I don't "need" one, but I am definitely on the lookout for promo codes and sales - tis the season...

Of note, the Chem91 went from the HLG 135w board to the AC Infinity 100w board and cheered up. I looked and they do have a mix of spectrums in the light like most new lighrs from everyone do. My HLG boards do not.

So I am looking at the AC Infinity lights again. Their Ion-board lights are a little spendy in the $/watt I guess, but some of that goes into manufacturing. It's a self-contained thing you could hang as accent lighting in the living room ant it wouldn't look homemade like the WAGO/wire/heatsink monstrosities hanging in most of our tents.

I don't "need" one, but I am definitely on the lookout for promo codes and sales - tis the season...
I don't have a current promo code for AC Infinity but it looks like they put the IONBOARD S22 on sale for xmas for $99. If I ever need to replace my spider farmer SF1000 veg light I think that's what I am going to try next.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't have a current promo code for AC Infinity but it looks like they put the IONBOARD S22 on sale for xmas for $99. If I ever need to replace my spider farmer SF1000 veg light I think that's what I am going to try next.
That is the light in my clone tent - that I got for $99 on amazon, and is still $99 on amazon LOL. Buying direct from AC Infinity seems to be a drawback. And I'm pretty sure you pay shipping.

There's a few podcasts that have discount codes I can check to see if they work on amazon.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Regarding the prices, I don't think much will jump between now and Christmas. Probably February when the after Christmas sales are over

That is the light in my clone tent - that I got for $99 on amazon, and is still $99 on amazon LOL. Buying direct from AC Infinity seems to be a drawback. And I'm pretty sure you pay shipping.

There's a few podcasts that have discount codes I can check to see if they work on amazon.
I did a quick google search and found a discount code that works on their website - ROWSOFGREEN420
and your right H.A.F. they hit you with 12.88 s/h but no tax unless you live in Ca. Amazon you can get free shipping but they charge tax no matter what state your in because reasons. :geek:
1670734054799.png

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I did a quick google search and found a discount code that works on their website - ROWSOFGREEN420
and your right H.A.F. they hit you with 12.88 s/h but no tax unless you live in Ca. Amazon you can get free shipping but they charge tax no matter what state your in because reasons. :geek:
View attachment 123217
You can use their affiliate codes on Amazon, too.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since I love popping beans I have no clue why I am doing a chuck like I didn't have beans to pop...

If I remember, I had a runt Thunderhole that was really good. The likelyhood that I would find that runt in the 5 plants I have going is slim. That is also assuming the regular plants aren't even better than the runt. I got really high and am re-evaluating everything if you are curious. It's been cold and rainy for a week and I have too much indoor time on my hands LOL.

Thunderhole is the MTF clone Tommy/Duke got from AK Bean Brains - and that he still has.

The dad was his "A.S.S.-man" which is Airborne G13 x Skelly Skunk - two legit donors, but he still has that dad along with all his other stuff.

So far I like the stuff I have popped from Dominion. I have plenty more to pop as a matter of fact, the the funds to buy more when he drops them...

When he gets back into full production mode after probation I bet he would make more Thunderhole if it was good enough.

Also - he is better at it than me, as is pretty much every breeder or chucker I have gotten beans from. What I am also looking at is my happy, healthy, clone ready Chemdog. She's also showing sex and wanting to be flipped and I really don't want her seeded. And I am not doing a full-tent scrog. I do have a 15g pot that would make a great home for her to flower out in as well since she's big.
IMG_3335.JPG
I have the Deep Chunk that may also be something I want to hang on to and I'm definitely not buying any more from dickweed.
I have the Stones clones to play with too. So that's part one.
IMG_3339.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Part two is that doing the bigger ChemD plant is kind of fun. I haven't been in trim jail for a while. Having a Chemdog shrub is also a 'me' kind of project.

That leaves me with 30 seedlings to deal with. Only 4 are fems so that leaves about 13 coming from the remaining regs. For me that kind of challenge is fun as well.

The primary deciding factor - and it is a deciding factor - is that I have been looking at it like a chore. I am retired and have not been enjoying planning to have a chuck. Fuck me if this isn't the third false start or so but it is what it is. Any of you hear me talking smake about chucking pollen and it's not the Lemon Tree I just got from 707, just tell me to shut the fuck up. And I probably won't chuck them either :ROFLMAO:

I know everyone will be disappointed that I won't be starting some jacked up bean company...

The last thing I realized was that I have a good selection of homemade S1's that I have labeled and kept because I know the exact lineage because I know what hermed and what mom made the beans. I have a Lemon Tree donor set, a Headbanger Zee set, and a Bad Attitude set. none of the prego moms had full polution and all the moms were stable. I have the next Chemdog hiding in there somewhere. It's not coming from me trying to do something on purpose LOL

I also found one Chemdog bean in that last plant, in the last bud that I busted up and am still smoking on. I check regularly and know I will probably be able to get more Chem91 beans for the forseeable future as long as I am ready to drop cash in an envelope and wait. Co I take a coupe,e of clones, flip the Chemdog, and the secong CLHP I was hanging on to to catch pollen.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not counting my bagseeds I have about 1150 reg beans in over 120 cultivars, and about 300 fem beans in over 60 flavors, not counting the hoard of CLHP fems. I could probably run a CLHP from seed every drop and still leave some to my kids...

I will probably not stop buying beans though I plan to be getting snobby about what I buy. Irie dropped a few new things and I didn't bite! LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think the other deciding factor is that the herm-plant Bad Attitude that I now have a few packs of assorted seeds from is the only "press-only" flower I have so far. The flower is kind of harsh in a bowl, and resinous so it clogs a joint. The terps on the squish is amazingly loud overripe garlic. A few dabs of that and I started making decisions.

I have it "crossed with" :ROFLMAO: Northern Lights, Mad Dog CBG, Savage Headband, Polecat91, MK Ultra, Puna Lites, and Headlites. That's a wide variety chuck to hunt through,. Some only have 3-4 beans but a few have a dozen or more. All should be fems so that's lots of possible gold with the peace of mind that culling every herm is no skin off my ass. Only need to find a few good plants.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
30 plants. Probably no room to flip them all at once and keep all the girls. Instead of chucking the Thunderhole and Deep Chunk can veg longer. topped or mainlined to slow them down. No more beans of either so I can wait for them to show sex in veg or until the top clones have rooted to flip them.

That leaves 20. 4 are fems and likely 8 of the 16 regs will be girls. That's a flipped closet and one tent, with the closet clearing as the second tent harvests. That's do-able since I have the 'clone' tent to hold back the 10 T-Chunk plants.

I have more beans of everything in the 20 so no clones needed unless something is really special in flower.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Not counting my bagseeds I have about 1150 reg beans in over 120 cultivars, and about 300 fem beans in over 60 flavors, not counting the hoard of CLHP fems. I could probably run a CLHP from seed every drop and still leave some to my kids...

I will probably not stop buying beans though I plan to be getting snobby about what I buy. Irie dropped a few new things and I didn't bite! LOL
i know the feeling about havein to will, my grow equip. and beans to someone,after last year ,a health scare will wake a person up!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have more of the nagging injury type things than illness or anything. I can't remember the last time I had the sniffles that wasn't brought on by coughing my head off after a bong rip LOL

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I'm still not elligible for social security and I'm in good health. But when you start dividing that many beans into 3-4 month drops you realize how few beans you really need.
that equals a lot of grow time ,just to get started thru a small amount of beans!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
that equals a lot of grow time ,just to get started thru a small amount of beans!
It helps that I have the room and experience now to drop 30 beans then figure it out. At first I couldn't drop a whole pack, I think I had to shoot for 4 plants and do the manifold to make room and smoke.

It also reminds me that 20 would be better than 30. But I have a few 'almost-30' packs like the Lemon Hashplant x 88G13 HP that I can now comfortably drop the whole pack of to look for a unicorn. I just need to write everything prior to this off as a learning experience and good memories of weed gone by.

I have a lifetime supply of my favorite hashplant, and I can start cloning tht if I start seeing germination issues in a decade or so. I'm taking a couple of the Chemdog clones but if they don't take I know where the beans are sold for next time I run out.

I am thinking that cloning the tops on all the regs before flip is gonna be the way to go. Let karma decide what roots, then out of those which are girls. Probably won't mess with cloning fems until I run low on something I can't get more of.