The James Gang

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Dagga Gardens.
I bought the 707 Lemon Tree and the Morning Brew, the rest is free. The "CC/RB" is Mean Genes Coca-Cola Rootbeer. There's a free 707 pack then 3 packs with no breeder. I think the one named Corey's Crush (Topanga Canyon Pure Kush x Space Cheese) sounds like Boneyard. I got one of his stickers and everything Mr Toad has is crossed to Space Cheese. I now have a runtz cross woo-hoo :rolleyes: 😜
View attachment 123071
my runtz just hit the flip, i know nothing at this time.well the white runts is mid/tall kinda long in the node spaceing, pink runtz is a short,bushey leaves everwhere,hot mess.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That Topanga Canyon x Space Cheese sounds interesting. I've had the Last Call (95 White Widow x Coca Cola / Rootbeer BC2) in the cart for the last week wondering how to bring that one up to the boss.
Yeah, he had the backcross CC/RB on there for a minute and I didn't snag them - fuck me right? That's what I really wanted.

Except for new stuff that Duke Diamond drops, or if I catch a pack from Freeborn for $150 like I missed because I'm stoopid and didn't even know to check on there for his gear... I'm done buying. I was looking at The Ranch and their Rootbeer crosses but they specify "untested" and I ain't paying top dollar for that shit. But they sent me a fat sack of Mandelbrot F2 that's a conglomeration of his genetics. If that turns out well they might go on my list of breeders to watch.

I have some beans that are 4-5 years old now and I never even thought about it - time flies when you're a stoner LOL

I am now leaning towards rotating between dropping an old pack, then a new pack, and just drop fems to fill in gaps. I have some old stuff I got in an auction right after I joined here. I have no clue how old any of that stuff was when it was put into the auction or how they were stored by the individual donators. I have old testers from @J.James from when I didn't have room or the skills to drop whole packs. Also stuff he's gifted me along the way every time he sent testers. Lots of stuff before I started seriously purchasing genetics.

I gave away the leftovers from my initial purchase from ILGM because I'm a dick :ROFLMAO: Some poor bastard has to smoke that shit now LOL

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I'm trying to broaden my library with solid genetics vs. individual seeds in handwritten blister packs hoping I got what I ordered. I still don't know what I really like yet but I don't want to waste my time with mediocre genetics in case I find something I vibe with.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Speaking of those auction beans though, I found the first strain that I am saving just for pressing. It's not bad, but I prefer not to smoke the flower because the buzz just isn't stellar like in the dab. And the smell of the Bad Attitude is like overripe garlic. I've pressed a little of everything ai have to try, most of them just squishing a nug.
I did two 8th-sacks of one pheno and one of the other,
IMG_3269.JPG
I got a better return from one plant, but both smelled the same so they got blended.
IMG_3279.JPG
Ended up right at 20% return and at room temp we have milk chocolate/caramel.
IMG_3281.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm trying to broaden my library with solid genetics vs. individual seeds in handwritten blister packs hoping I got what I ordered. I still don't know what I really like yet but I don't want to waste my time with mediocre genetics in case I find something I vibe with.
I have been thinking about all the pheno hunting I have to do. Then the fact that every time I run a clone of something that's a bean I can't grow - or a drop I can't make if I do a tent-full. I have the 4 Stones clones that I just wanted to try letting mature then flowering an older plant that's still not a monster. I'll probably choose one. I also plan to take clones of some of the stuff in the chuck, but kust so I can run it as smoke after, not to keep moms.

I have no time to keep clones and drop all the beans I have. I'm gonna be real selective on what I keep for flowering out otherwise I'd have to take a LOT of clones, and label them, and hope they root, and, and, and... - Fuck that - I have beans. The Sangria Cookies was one to keep since I have no more beans - no plants to clone so there! :ROFLMAO: I'll probably just take flower clones of all the girls I want.
IMG_3274.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was going to take clones off the Chemdog, but she's back to being a finicky bitch before and now after the up-pot. I'll be waiting until she perks up.
IMG_3275.JPG
The 4 Stones and the two long-flowers. The Durban Poison has pink underneath the fan leaves that are purple on top.
IMG_3277.JPG
The ChemD, the 4 Iries, and the Lemon Salad - I mean Cello . 😜
IMG_3276.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's the fucked up thing - I have 4 plants of The Stones. Plus clone of each. I may not even like it. So regardless of which pheno may do what I will probably just pick the healthiest clone to run one more time if I run any. I'll probably be sick of it by then.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Here's the fucked up thing - I have 4 plants of The Stones. Plus clone of each. I may not even like it. So regardless of which pheno may do what I will probably just pick the healthiest clone to run one more time if I run any. I'll probably be sick of it by then.
i broke out a sack of mimosaxgrape ape i choped 6/17, @5weeks i could not smoke it.now it taste fair but the buzzz in 3 times what it was before it aged.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i broke out a sack of mimosaxgrape ape i choped 6/17, @5weeks i could not smoke it.now it taste fair but the buzzz in 3 times what it was before it aged.
Yeah, one of those 4 plants is a long term project. I don't keep moms and flowering an older plant is supposed to be the jam for a long flowering plants - so flowering cuts, not seeds. Or cuts of cuts. Like that.

I won't toss any for sure, but I also don't need much to see if that theory seems worth trying for some of the Piff/CBH things I have packs of to drop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lemon HP x 88G13 HP by 2-buck (Sungrownmidz)
As a preface, this was the plant that went a little disco in week three so I took every suspect limb and then some to keeo the top for a taste.
This is all I got, less some of that smaller stuff I ground up to try fresh.
IMG_3284.JPG
Of note, there were no beans. I either caught it in time or they were sterile. The biggest thing for me is that it has the sour chicken smell! I think that aside from chems hashplants might just be my jam. At $2/bean I have 25 left to drop and cull at will and still get a fat cropIMG_3287.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Unfortunately the LHP x 88g doesn't have the punch I wanted. This was a shit plant though, and it does have the flavor, smell, and type of buzz I like. Just not as intense as the CLHP. And it doesn't appear to 'stack' as you smoke more.

No worries - now it gets full cure and we check again. I think it's always worth trying the early stuff once it's dry enough to smoke. That might be at it's peak performance of everything and it's all downhill from there, but you miss it being a purist. It's not like you're gonna smoke the whole plant at one sitting.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just prior to their next soak I'll top all these off with fresh seed starter soil. None are needing support yet but the dome came off tonight and it's gladiator time. I have the second tray still domed for any little bitches.
IMG_3289.JPG
The only oddball in the bunch is the GMO Cake. She was a late starter and a helmet head - from a tiny helmet - so she's doing fine. The Homecoming Queen and the Burnside look like they have rounded seed-leaves compared to all the others.
IMG_3290.JPG
I love the ACInfinity fans. 10 speeds, and the lowest is like a very gently breeze. Perfect for ramping up as plants grow. Chem91 sill doesn't want to be cloned.
IMG_3291.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Crazy day so far. The God's Paintbrush is a strong high. The early flavor/smell/etc. leaves something to be desired, but it gets you high. It's a floral/berry kind of thing with a hint of rotting meat. Nice little plant.

So I'm doing non-weed gardening in my clone tent, watering flowers and peppers and aloe and such, and I look at the dud-cups I haven't dumped yet. The plant in the lower left was actually in that empty spot right over there---------------------------- 👉👇
IMG_3293.JPG
For some reason I pulled the tags on the 4 cups in the back. I think I was considering dropping a new bean or something. So I had to dig out the 4 plant tags I pulled and now I have no clue what it is :ROFLMAO:. Fucking idiot... Anyway, it was a full on helmet head, seed-on-a-stalk looking thing. which I promptly fixed and got some water on, then thought to get a pic. This is now for future reference to see if I can decide what the 1-of-4 bean is. It's in the dome now and will probably be the best plant of the bunch whatever it is.
IMG_3294.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Crazy day so far. The God's Paintbrush is a strong high. The early flavor/smell/etc. leaves something to be desired, but it gets you high. It's a floral/berry kind of thing with a hint of rotting meat. Nice little plant.

So I'm doing non-weed gardening in my clone tent, watering flowers and peppers and aloe and such, and I look at the dud-cups I haven't dumped yet. The plant in the lower left was actually in that empty spot right over there---------------------------- 👉👇
View attachment 123137
For some reason I pulled the tags on the 4 cups in the back. I think I was considering dropping a new bean or something. So I had to dig out the 4 plant tags I pulled and now I have no clue what it is :ROFLMAO:. Fucking idiot... Anyway, it was a full on helmet head, seed-on-a-stalk looking thing. which I promptly fixed and got some water on, then thought to get a pic. This is now for future reference to see if I can decide what the 1-of-4 bean is. It's in the dome now and will probably be the best plant of the bunch whatever it is.
View attachment 123138
and to think oldtimers ,called hemp the tricky weed,try to kill it all and they still show up in your wheat/corn crop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I felt so bad today when I saw that little survivor bean - like I kicked a puppy or something. This little champ has straightened out and is already showing the next set - SCORE!
IMG_3316.JPG
The big ones weren't ready for prime time. Nothing wilted but they looked real dry because of my low rH. Probably going to need my bigger prop dome shortly, or to just add another one so they aren't touching sides. Eye of the Tiger plant has it's own little dome within a dome for now.
IMG_3312.JPG
I rearrange nearly every time I water. Stuff gets pulled out, inspected, loved on with some LST or maybe take a leaf or two. The SWxP got pulled out of the tall tent, because it's not tall :oops: :rolleyes: :unsure:🤷‍♂️ So this is just the 4 Stones, the CLHP and the `14-week Durban.
IMG_3296.JPG
I pulled the 4 stones out and compared the two with short stubby seed-leaves and the two with long pointy seed leaves. Purely bro science but I know it wasn't male female, though it appears to corellate to stretch. The two pointy-leaf ones (left) have a longer node-spacing. If I was to select one plant now it would be the one middle right - she is a stubby-leaf and is really filling in compared to the other three.
IMG_3295.JPG
I took some trich pics of a few, and some close-ups of the Lemon Salad to see where everything is at. The lemon shrubbery looks like some 70's weed alright. All sticks and stems with (hopefully) some stellar parts hidden in there.
IMG_3297.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am hooking up some kind of light for regular ol' plants and most are for fun so if they can't hang fuck-em. Pretty sure I can keep some herbs and flowers alive without a weed-tent. So these all got kicked out to force me to do something about it.
IMG_3324.JPG
I pulled the Chem91 and the CLHP back in here, they seemed happier before. And now I don't need to have 30 seedlings perched on a rack. Gravity is the law man, you can't fight it :)
IMG_3319.JPG
Speaking of node-spacing and maturing plants clones acting different from seed plants? Guess which two had the pointy seed leaves and more stretch? Did keep the pepper in the tent though, and whe I back off the plant count after the chuck I can see getting an assortment of peppers going - next winter I'll have them ready for harvest by the time the ones outside stop. Might even keep it to hot peppers inside and sweet ones out.
IMG_3321.JPG
My little tomato plant is full of tomatoes but it's hard to get a pic because they are all hidden by the limited foliage I don't dare remove. But there's probably 30-40 and the first one is getting ripe. It wouldn't take a lot of these to keep you in fresh 'maters over winter but I think I want more stretch. It ain't worth the tent-light so we'll see. But the peppers are coming on, and they are thumbnail size hot peppers.
IMG_3318.JPG