The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I repotted and flipped both the other CLHP that was gonna get seeded and the Chemdog. The Closet is back to flower and I think it will stay that way until I harvest the Chem91. Anyway, after it gets situated I'll spread her out a bit, she's in a 7g and I'll let her fill the closet. The CLHP can go in a tent whenever. I might pull something else in here just to un-crowd a tent.
IMG_3387.JPG
I mostly un-vegetableized my veg tent. I need to clean that fan...
IMG_3390.JPG

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's something anecdotal that the BHP comment got me thinking about. I have done dabs now from actual concentrates. I tried almost everything I have because you never know what will stand out. Turns out a GMO cross pressed best, and that it is also already a well known fact.

Here's the rub. Concetrates = concentrating whatever is there. If it's low THC it's gonna be higher THC. But it doesn't change the effect other than being stronger.

So a beautiful high is gonna be intensified. So is an average high. Intensely average. Think about it :)

So by my little experriment I have proved THC % doedn't matter - at least to me. You can raise the THC percentage but you can't change the genetics.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
IMG_3407.JPG
I have decisions to make because some stuff is ready for new shoes. These are the half-size solo cups. 8oz I think.

The 10 up the left side are the T-hole and Deep Chunk. They are getting long veg and top clones taken, maybe even manifolded to get some bulk from the gitls. What I am really watching is the bottom T-hole. All the rest have broad leaves and it is super skinny.

I'll add the Lemon Tree to that bunch, and a few more I know I want more of. That's the decision part. Most are going into 1/2g pots next so I have room. The ones I am flipping sooner can go in 1g's to grow bigger for flip.

Starting with the smaller cups I have more options. The 1/2g pots are squat, and the progression from there to the "2g" short pots I have is perfect. They are exactly the size of the little 5qt paint pails at the hardware store and still have plenty of room all around to go into a 5g next. The larger 2g nursery pots are almost as tall as a 5g so not much new soil for them to dig into on the bottom unless you demolish the rootball.

That little tomato plant is an "orange hat" and at the moment probably has as much bio-mass in tomatoes as it does in all the stalks and leaves. Trying my hand at some lemon grass too.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I actually printed out the pic and scribbled notes on it - fucking boomer... :rolleyes:

Out of the 30, 11 get one gallons, and of those 2 are fems. Culling 4-5 males that should be a good tent-full.

The other 19 I'll still have time to decide which to clone. The two fems (GMO Cake and Lemon Tree from @Heisenbeans) are definite so I'll take those as top clones in veg then flower me some smoke as soon as the clones root. The regs I will probably divide between taking veg clones (T-hole & Deep Chunk) a just waiting to take flower clones on the others since I have more beans to drop. Plenty more time to figure those out. Like the John Lemon. I ordered a pack, then got another pack among the freebies.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random note. Of the stuff I'm burping now I have lots of good aroma therapy, except the Lemon HP x 88G13 HP. It went metal. It has an almost rusty sour smell, and kind of tinny like an old can. Not bad, but if it doesn't smoke good its an easy toss LOL. I have a feeling I'll love the smell before it's all said and done. For now it must be the terps they are talking about in "Metal Haze" and such. First one for me.

That's the $2 bean from Sungrownmidz "2-buck" line at Dagga. There are about half a dozen things crossed with the 88G13. The lemon jumped out at me but they all looked good if I needed a lot of beans to grow. $50 for 25 all day.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
To be honest I have had a great and a so-so BHP - all grew fantastic though. One was just not a hard hitting pheno or I grew it bad or something. Hope you get a good one!
I agree I had one last run that was kind of bla but it came around afte long cure the rest produced lots of fruit and tasted great

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I agree I had one last run that was kind of bla but it came around afte long cure the rest produced lots of fruit and tasted great
I pressed that one after the "long cure" (i.e. didn't smoke it LOL) and the return was large, especially with it aging that long. But it never dried out, it was greasy start to finish.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Nobighurry I should add that I smoke a lot of weed, and then there's RSO, edibles, the occasional dab... I have a fairly high tolerance and some strains others love don't always float my boat. I have always had an addictive personality, whether it was scrips or alcohol. I found a medicine I can be "addictive" with and it isn't nearly as harmful to my body as the alternatives.

Anyway, I like hashplant and this one never grew out as a hashplant for me. It has been very sticky/greasy and never dropped any kief. I am wondering if I have just gotten one pheno, or if one is just more dominant. If I didn't smoke 24/7 it might just kick my ass - who knows LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stuff is going to thin out soon. I split everything up so it suits my OCD a little better. I have all The Stones in here, and I also culled two of the clones. Both of the "pointy-seed-leaf" ones have that same "I'M COLD!!!" claw to the fans that the Durb has. I don't run hot rooms - fuck 'em. I am noticing that while the way they are filling out is different they all smell the same.
IMG_3425.JPG
I moved my re-stock of the killer headstash in here. ChemD and Chem91 on the left, and two CLHP on the right. Both of these rooms are set until something harvests I think. All three 7g pots I own are in use in here.
IMG_3426.JPG
In here I have transition room. The Durb and the Lemon Salad are gone before the weekend is over. The meat of the Durb buds are purpe and getting powdered-sugar on everything but the foxtails - which are still popping after 11 weeks. Not chancing nanners. The Lemon Cello is just done. It's over 9weeks and there's not gonna be much there no matter how long I wait. It is a plant I may actually have to trim with scissors to get at the buds. The John Lemon far left is also at 9 weeks and is looking stellar and powdery. New moon is coming up and I believe that has something to do with stuff getting done. The Skunkwater x Pandemic behind the Durb is another tough one to call. It's over 10 weeks now.
IMG_3427.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
FWIW my love for the County Line Hashplant is mainly because it is what does it for me. I love the Chem91 for a "this is so cool!!!" high school high, but the CLHP brings the meds for me. If I feel a little off in any way I can rip a bowl and start heading in the right direction.

Now that I have a few in flower I can splurge a little on my stash - which is nice - and also why I bought so many damn beans :cool: 🤷‍♂️ I have never grown enough to make edibles with it, or hash/concentrates. The one time I ran out and went a month or so waiting on the next batch I didn't like that.

Now when I get my stash re-stocked I can skip a drop or two then just run one every drop. She finishes right around 8 weeks and is prime for the rotation I run to just be pulling one a month. And the 5g pot small plant runs are so much easier.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What lights ya dig these days.. Everything looks smashing keep up the good work..
I have the original HLG V2 boards, all white, no reds or blues or anything. Very good lights and can be used for veg or flower. Good for a flip-room.
I have a bar light in one tent hat @TerpyTyrone made for me with the newer-fangled bars with the other colors,
And I have an Ion-board from AC Infinity in my clone tent that is only 100w and has been killing it in a 3x3.

I am upgrading my closet next to a higher power AC Infinity. They're pricy but so much better made than all the crap I have to assemble. And a power switch that actually gives you specific "off, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%" settings is pretty uniquie in all the damn lights I have seen.

Right now I have 4 plants under a 135 in the closet. It needs more light but they still love it. I go with less power, my plants take a little longer, and they stay healtheir easier.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I never did pot those seedlings. They were mostly dry so I watered everything, didn't want to mess with dry brittle roots.

I got some new peat, so I am thinking about mixing a fresh batch of lighter soil for their first up-pot. I am wondering if my plants are staying smaller because all the junk they need is in the soil everywhere and they don't have to hunt for it. I have yet to dump a 5g pot that was root-bound, but I have has some where that first 1g ball is a complete mess of mossy roots then the rest still has plenty of room in that soil to root ratio.

I think starting from scratch every once in a while in the small pots is gonna be good for the entire batch of soil

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Here's something anecdotal that the BHP comment got me thinking about. I have done dabs now from actual concentrates. I tried almost everything I have because you never know what will stand out. Turns out a GMO cross pressed best, and that it is also already a well known fact.

Here's the rub. Concetrates = concentrating whatever is there. If it's low THC it's gonna be higher THC. But it doesn't change the effect other than being stronger.

So a beautiful high is gonna be intensified. So is an average high. Intensely average. Think about it :)

So by my little experriment I have proved THC % doedn't matter - at least to me. You can raise the THC percentage but you can't change the genetics.
that would stand to reason , i'am glad you got that press!