The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
ILGM Black Widow (fem) hit the 4 week mark today.
IMG_5496.JPG
It smells kind of spicy, kind of cheesy, but nothing that knocks your socks off. Smoked half a joint and got a good buzz. Pleasant smoke, but again, nothing that sticks out. Smoked a little more just now (about 10 minutes later) to see if it accentuated the buzz...

Better now 🥴

Chest and face buzz. It's a true hybrid, and feels it. Like I could do whatever and enjoy it. Daytime smoke.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My Bruce Banner is the last of the ILGM strains I have that I haven't smoked yet. I grew one out before, but I'll be damned if it didn't grow short, stocky, and quick like an Indica, (supposed to be 20/80 Sativa dom) - I think there was a mix-up at the factory because there has yet to be any variety between seeds of a particular strain. No pheno hunts.

All in all my ILGM review is that they are reliable seeds, you will get what you pay for, so if you need cash crops it's a good place to shop. They are tossing out new strains on occasion that I haven't tried, so maybe they are getting some fire now, haven't tried.

If there was one strain I would purchase again it would be their Northern Lights. It has a eucalyptus smell and taste that makes it almost like a menthol smoke. Still doesn't knock your socks off but tasty as hell.

And there's this - I feel like hitting it again. about 10 minutes later. The buzz is building, but it peaks, then settles after a bit. If the Black Widow was all I had I would go through it quickly.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Transplant shock? What are people doing to their plants when they up-pot? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
IMG_5498.JPG
24 hours afterwards and everything is taking off. First, there's @Heisenbeans Pig Whistle. Yesterday I was thinking about culling because the roots were sparse. My fault on that one since it was a "post-soak-carpet-recovery-seed"
IMG_5499.JPG
PW popped when the others did in this group, but @Schwaggy P 's HAOG Skunk was a late popper. Never an issue, just slower to break soil. Anyway, they look about the same now (size)
IMG_5500.JPG
The rest of the roulette group is a few days ahead.
@HydroRed's SCJ, @Phylex CS and @SCJedi's "memorial :ROFLMAO:" Blackwater x whateverthefuck look like they could be triplets.
IMG_5501.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am going to be running @SCJedi seeds for a bit now because of his departure gift, so get used to it :)
That will not interrupt dropping @J.James beans whenever required LOL

The Blueberry Biscuits are about six days ahead of the Blue Eyes. IMG_5502.JPG
These were dropped the same time as the ones in the previous post. .
IMG_5503.JPG
If everything stays happy I might be topping them by this weekend, at least the Biscuits. Everything will be topped to keep the first 4 'thick' shoots from node 3 or above.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For the transplant thing, just in case I am doing something that happens to work that I made up on my own other than described a few posts ago, hers a few nuggets.

The water I mixed up to water them in I also put in a squirt bottle.
IMG_5481.JPG
I am NOT a glove wearing gardener. I dig in the soil to mix it and use those same dirty hands on the stuff I am repotting. After I get the dirt and cup separated (done when cups are fairly dry) give the exposed roots a spray with the feed solution - then right to the soil.

I pull the dirt down from the sides to cover them, then add soil around the sides and fill it in. I may lift it back out and take or add soil so the height is right, so maybe having the moist roots makes sure some of the mycorrhizae I sprinkled in stuck before I adjusted the height..

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Potential fails always posted with the rest ;)
I added water to fill the channels in the tray (to keep rH up - not to water the plants) and I think I overdid it a little. My cups just have one 1/4" hole in the bottom, not some mess of holes for the roots to get tangled in. IMG_5517.JPG
Seems the Hobbit was setting near an over filled part and took he opportunity to sponge up the excess. Good soil LOL. I am just going to keep an eye on it for now. maybe add a small layer of bone-dry soil on top and let it do it's sponge thing.

Hell, it may love it, I just don't like to keep seedlings in damp soil. But the rest of the gang is chilling. I think the 10/20 trays need to be about 11/21 for my pots to fit right - damn the luck. Did some rearranging with little trays so they could at least set level. IMG_5516.JPG
For the non-soil growers, this is day 2 of not really doing anything. I mist them with RO every once in a while just because I have low RH, but I would probably do that regardless of medium.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'd suppose if you AINT getting dirt under yor nails when planting in dirt.....somethings wrong haha
When I first started doing this I was so careful. I would repot from the cups right to a 5gallon pot because I was worried about damaging something every time I transplanted :rolleyes: . I still use tweezers to get seeds into the soil after I soak them, but once they are plants - game on.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Paradise Diesel #2 is cured. Got it cleaned up and re-jarred keeping out one of those big buds to try.
IMG_5523.JPGIMG_5530.JPG
Unless my math is wrong, that's pretty good right? Sorry for the crap pic, but over an ounce with 2 tops.
IMG_5529.JPG
Biggest was over 17g
IMG_5524.JPG
For now I can say it kicks ass. Diesel/gas smell, nothing else. Dense but dusty. put a lot of keif in the grinder. I'm glad it rocks because I won't run out soon.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I twisted up a handful of that black widow. Tasty stuff, but way too mellow of a buzz for me. I now have a few ounces that have been relegated to "emergency" or "project" weed. That's a good feeling - being able to be selective. ;)

GOMM

PICK YOUR OWN
Paradise Diesel #2 is cured. Got it cleaned up and re-jarred keeping out one of those big buds to try.
View attachment 46078View attachment 46082
Unless my math is wrong, that's pretty good right? Sorry for the crap pic, but over an ounce with 2 tops.
View attachment 46081
Biggest was over 17g
View attachment 46080
For now I can say it kicks ass. Diesel/gas smell, nothing else. Dense but dusty. put a lot of keif in the grinder. I'm glad it rocks because I won't run out soon.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I twisted up a handful of that black widow. Tasty stuff, but way too mellow of a buzz for me. I now have a few ounces that have been relegated to "emergency" or "project" weed. That's a good feeling - being able to be selective. ;)
Very nice @H.A.F. and @J.James sounds like a winner for diesel fans will be in the market next month looks and sounds spot on bravo 👏

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Very nice @H.A.F. and @J.James sounds like a winner for diesel fans will be in the market next month looks and sounds spot on bravo 👏
The other cut on this one finished early, was smaller (relatively, 3oz in 65 days) and has a mixed bagful of phenos. It was a Big Bud and ECSD cross, so I expected the bigger plant to be more BB or less diesel or something. completely backwards!

GOMM

PICK YOUR OWN
The other cut on this one finished early, was smaller (relatively, 3oz in 65 days) and has a mixed bagful of phenos. It was a Big Bud and ECSD cross, do I expected the bigger plant to be more BB or less diesel or something. completely backwards!
That’s always a nice surprise when the yielder adds just that while letting all the good stuff pass through 👌🏽