The James Gang

GOMM

PICK YOUR OWN
Nigerian leaner is taller than Granny. The Granny will "bush up". Both are old school smoke and not chem-cookie-fruity-fad style crap.

That NS #2 leans BMR and will turn fuschia indoors and lavendar outdoors. It has a musk, sandalwood aroma. The Granny is an Afghani x Hashplant. No particular odor that pops out but possibly one that is mildly astringent earth.

Expect these to finish in 60-70 days. Feel free to post any pics in my Jedi's Junkyard thread.
That sounds amazing

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@J.James

Black Banana Cookies x G13 Genius
Black x Smart
Banana x Smart
Cookies x Smart

Smart Cookies :)
Just brainstorming on ideas for strain names.

G13 Genius
- not many places you could go with that. Smart, or a synonym that rhymes with whatever else you have going.

Black Banana Cookies
- Probably gonna lose some of the banana or just have it in random cuts. Might not want to stress that in the name.
- You could go the British TV station route, but that's a stretch.
- If it has dark/black coloring, game changer, stress that.
- Cookies just sticks out because of the "Smart" first part, and the fact that a "Smart Cookie" is an actual term.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think with strain names, something that makes you want to see what it's made of is like the junk by the counter at the store. The more you look at it, the more you think "what the hell, why not" :)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
600D tents are about the min you want to go. I get mine usually from growlights.ca because they are about as cheap as amazon and free shipping etc.
2 x 2 tents come 4 feet tall. next step up is the 20 x 36 x 62 inch (And various other tents right up to a 5 x 5 x 62 inches).
Then you get into the 6 1/2 footers. Jardine makes all kinds of sizes but they are stupid expensive. Probably great but i was too cheap for that.
I find the 20 x 36 x 62 is a great all rounder ;) but they fit in my space like a glove.

And a 600d will rip all to shit if you move it around a lot....you have to go to the 1680D which is really nice but it starts at a 2 x 4 or a 3 x 3 and they usually go to 7 feet tall.

Growing inside.....its in TENTS !

Chinese tents are made in metric...that the reason for the stupid sizes and why north american tents are made in actual feet. like a 2 foot tent is 24 inches

2 foot chinese tents are 60 cm square

my 2 foot square one they subbed it out for a 32 1/2 square one...and that fit a lot better (80 x 80 x 150 cm)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Posted elsewhere because I wanted to try some stuff in that "doob" thread. I got way high. Next time a skinnier stripe of oil. I had trouble getting through it but I didn't want to set it down on anything 🥴
IMG_5404.JPG
After much thought, this is much easier.
IMG_5416.JPG
Screen-of-green with a layer of keif.
IMG_5414.JPG
I have more budder than I need for a while, and still have a collection of the puro (90m) keif in several strains. I have a few of those silicone jars full of the 90m-120m size that is better for adding to cones. Doesn't melt/clog as bad.
IMG_5420.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
600D tents are about the min you want to go. I get mine usually from growlights.ca because they are about as cheap as amazon and free shipping etc.
2 x 2 tents come 4 feet tall. next step up is the 20 x 36 x 62 inch (And various other tents right up to a 5 x 5 x 62 inches).
Then you get into the 6 1/2 footers. Jardine makes all kinds of sizes but they are stupid expensive. Probably great but i was too cheap for that.
I find the 20 x 36 x 62 is a great all rounder ;) but they fit in my space like a glove.

And a 600d will rip all to shit if you move it around a lot....you have to go to the 1680D which is really nice but it starts at a 2 x 4 or a 3 x 3 and they usually go to 7 feet tall.

Growing inside.....its in TENTS !

Chinese tents are made in metric...that the reason for the stupid sizes and why north american tents are made in actual feet. like a 2 foot tent is 24 inches

2 foot chinese tents are 60 cm square

my 2 foot square one they subbed it out for a 32 1/2 square one...and that fit a lot better (80 x 80 x 150 cm)
Ended up being a typo 58 instead of 48. Fuck amazon. There is a mfg. that makes a 2'x2'x6' (60") which I almost bought, but it was $15 more expensive then the mis-advertised one that would have been 2" shorter.

Only reason I want the tall one is because it is for flower. My "PenetratorXB" has no peripheral lighting. the board is 21" square so I went with 2x2. I'm holding off for now until I actually need it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't make a habit of bashing vendors (except amazon...) so I should clarify - my light was a "tester". $500+ light for free so I can't complain that much. HGL now makes lenses that give the lights spread.

I am just trying to set the grow space based on the lighting.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The ones in the red circles probably won't make the up-pot.
Blue box is Blue Eyes that are good, purple box is the Blueberry Biscuits that look perfect.
Basically hoping for at least one fem from each box. More would be better.
IMG_5421.JPG
The SCJ and the PW seem to be having the toughest time of it.
SCJ looked like it was gonna damp off on me, leaning bad, but propped up with dry soil and left alone and it seems better now.
The Pig was a carpet/vacuum recovery (after soaking) that I am surprised popped at all and seems to be pushing through.

Conversely, the slow-stoner HAOG Skunk is praying at a young age and just chilling.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh - I'll make tags for the BE and BB once I up-pot them. Didn't see the point in making them for the 16 regs I dropped.

But I plan to reuse the cups and tags for the roulette reggies, since I'll keep running one at a time for a while.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Did some thinking and I have more seeds to run. I don't need to be running a halfway house for problem children.
IMG_5427.JPG
@J.James little forest, with no more ugly trees.
IMG_5429.JPG
And the roulette wheel.
IMG_5430.JPG
My decision was made when they decided not to put out any effort at a regular set of 3-blades.
IMG_5431.JPG
But when I cull, I investigate :) Not bad for 12 and 18 days old, could be more lush. one of the younger ones had reached bottom on one side and started curling.
IMG_5439.JPGIMG_5440.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Well, the Bruce Banner fem didn't have "Hulk" bulk but it had some density. Those tops were 44g, and there was larf that I sifted out of the nug bowl.
IMG_5448.JPGIMG_5449.JPG
Ended up with 90g of "nugs or better", and a play-jar of larf and a few smaller nugs. 30g in each quart, and the tops are elsewhere under vacuum.
IMG_5464.JPG
Nothing spectacular, except it's my first sativa dom (80/20) that actually grew like a sativa. Stoked to try it.
IMG_5450.JPG
I got a spiral on one top
IMG_5452.JPG
And prior to any sifting I pushed some of the trim out of the way - Damn. IMG_5459.JPG
And as an added bonus I found these beauties - not mad at all.
IMG_5458.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Since these seedlings didn't "take off" I am dropping the next set tonight or tomorrow.

More reading, and I am playing the moon this time. New moon was yesterday, so the next week is supposedly best.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Rigged this up today. Skinny heat mat, a piece of oak that was already drilled out for those little candles, and a cardboard box to keep the warmth in.

Reggie Roulette - spin 2, plus a fem.
IMG_5467.JPG
Only dropped 6 seeds. The end cup was so I could check the water temp without germing up a seed cup. ~30ml of RO and 1ml h2o2 for 24 hours.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
All the seeds were floating, so I tapped the cup and each sank once the surface tension was broken. I know the h2o2 adds oxygen and helps with germination, but the bubbles also make the seeds float, soaked or not.

I don't know if that tapping thing should be a regular thing.

Next drop (if I remember) I'll try some with and some without peroxide just to see.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
OK guys - there is definitely a difference with moon phase.
Exactly 24hrs after getting wet 5 out of six had up to a 1/4" tail, the 6th had obviously cracked.
2 and 3 weeks ago the best I got was a nub. And that is with multiple strains. IMG_5475.JPG
So I am marking the calendar with the new moon (all dark) and planning seed drops shortly after.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was looking at he moon phase stuff and putting it on my calendar and "once in a blue moon" happens on Halloween. We have 2 full moons in the same month (second is a "blue moon") on Oct 1st and 31st.