The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@macsnax - howdy!
I just picked up a pack of your seeds in @jacrispy's auction and had basic questions about general plant height and tentative flower time for the DDB. Heard nothing but good, but I don't do the IG thing.

I'm not dropping a crop, but I am rotating through the mess of strains I have a seed at a time keeping fems. Plant 'em all, let God sort it out ;)

Anyway, I keep notes so when I eventually get a girlie I know what to plan for. Thanks for making the seeds :)

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
@macsnax - howdy!
I just picked up a pack of your seeds in @jacrispy's auction and had basic questions about general plant height and tentative flower time for the DDB. Heard nothing but good, but I don't do the IG thing.

I'm not dropping a crop, but I am rotating through the mess of strains I have a seed at a time keeping fems. Plant 'em all, let God sort it out ;)

Anyway, I keep notes so when I eventually get a girlie I know what to plan for. Thanks for making the seeds :)
I'm assuming you have the f2's? Plants will average in the med/tall range, 8-10 weeks with most being in that 10 week range. Lots of creamy terps with some friutyness and a few with outright funk. Check out my thread there's a bit of info on the f1's in there starting somewhere around where this link takes you. http://chuckersparadise.com/threads/macs-lovely-ladies-and-some-dudes-too.297/page-31
I personally haven't grown any of the f2's yet. But I expect some real nice plants to come out of those.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I personally haven't grown any of the f2's yet.
Yes, they are the F2's I've been watching your thread already but I haven't been on here for long, and am just making some breeder/forum connections. I didn't notice any DDB's the thread as far as I went back, but I might have missed it. Just didn't connect you with the strain/Headstash until you posted that to @Punisher84.

I won't hound you, and I appreciate the info. I just like to make a note of who made what in my seedbank in case there are questions in the future - or to share pics or info.

Dropping seeds on the new moon worked like a charm, so one of yours gets wet last week of Feb. After I sex everything I plan on just giving a heads up to the "lucky" breeders in case they want to watch their flowers grow

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
No worries bro, you're not hounding me at all. And I don't mind answering questions either, I just thought you would get more info from my thread than I can give you off the top of my head lol. Germ rates are pretty good on those from what I'm seeing so far too. Some dumbass sent a bunch of those f2's out without remembering to do a germ test, but from the reports I'm getting it's in the 90's%. 🤷🤣. Feel free to hit me if you have questions bro.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
No worries bro, you're not hounding me at all. And I don't mind answering questions either, I just thought you would get more info from my thread than I can give you off the top of my head lol. Germ rates are pretty good on those from what I'm seeing so far too. Some dumbass sent a bunch of those f2's out without remembering to do a germ test, but from the reports I'm getting it's in 90's%. 🤷🤣. Feel free to hit me if you have questions bro.
I'm retired and have mostly nothing but time - so be careful what you offer LOL

My "job" is running testers. Pay sucks but the benefits can't be beat. @J.James introduced a few of us to this forum, and since then I have seeds coming out my ass. Trades, freebies, auctions, etc.

So the roulette grow is a way to try everything and I don't have to make choices. I also don't need 2-3 females of the same strain just for personal use. I want variety. So when I get a female, I'll drop that strain out of the rotation until I get to try everything.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'll be damn if the moon might not be way more into this thing than I thought. All of these have been on the struggle-bus Nothing really taking off, and these are 2 and 3 weeks old.

New moon just passed and everything is taking off. Looks like it did allow the later ones to catch up to the Biscuits.
IMG_5479.JPG

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm retired and have mostly nothing but time - so be careful what you offer LOL

My "job" is running testers. Pay sucks but the benefits can't be beat. @J.James introduced a few of us to this forum, and since then I have seeds coming out my ass. Trades, freebies, auctions, etc.

So the roulette grow is a way to try everything and I don't have to make choices. I also don't need 2-3 females of the same strain just for personal use. I want variety. So when I get a female, I'll drop that strain out of the rotation until I get to try everything.
Haha that's cool, just remember to circle back to the rest of the pack if you don't get a stellar female. But you're right variety is the spice of life. I start to feel a little suffocated if I don't have at least 3 strains in jars to choose from.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I'll be damn if the moon might not be way more into this thing than I thought. All of these have been on the struggle-bus Nothing really taking off, and these are 2 and 3 weeks old.

New moon just passed and everything is taking off. Looks like it did allow the later ones to catch up to the Biscuits.
View attachment 44911
You're right too, the moon has a pretty nice effect on popping beans if timed right. I try to do the same when popping seeds.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I bottom fed (RO) the babies today let the cups soak some up. The 2 Blueberry Biscuits could probably be up-potted, drinking like fish now, but I want to give the others time to get there and have them on the same flip schedule.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I start to feel a little suffocated if I don't have at least 3 strains in jars to choose from.
I'm at 6 strains right now, two if which have 2 distinctly different pheno's so that's like 8 strains, and 3 more are curing.
That pheno hunt may be the second round for a lot of the strains.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Went ahead and up-potted round 1 and 2 of the seedlings. Roots Organic GreenFields with some neem seed meal mixed in. I hollowed out the middle of each, then used a small paint brush to dip into the FF Rhize-up and dust the middle.
IMG_5482.JPG
The RO water has 2.5ml/gl each of cal-mag & silica blast, and 5ml/gl Roots Organic aminos [6.5pH]. The soil was fairly damp right out of the bag, so I potted everything dry, then watered each in with about 250ml of feed in the 1 gallon pots. I use those little squirt bottles, and I water around the edge of the 'cup' a little, then gradually more towards the pot edge.
IMG_5486.JPG
Everything but the Pig Whistle has a nice cup-shaped root-web, but it did have roots. Hoping the repot will do it some good. If it doesn't pump the gas when the others do it might just go back in the rotation for next drop. Breaking in the new tent with some fire :)
.IMG_5485.JPG
When I need more room I'll probably transition this seed-stand-thing back into my small tent but for now this works. Environmental controls already set for the space.
IMG_5487.JPG
4 of 6 already broke soil, so I hit the lights early (usually wait 48). They got a few hours of light before getting on the same schedule as the other tent. All on 18/6 now.IMG_5489.JPG