The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Felt a little ambitious tonight so I pulled out an Angel Heart (Mr Nice) joint I rolled back in 3/21 and put back just to see if a haze typ aged well.
I have one left. It is still smooth, tastes like inscense, and there's still a resin ring showing up after about a 1/4...

And this was grown for shit with salts. I really need to keep dropping beans and stop buying them.

My first runs of everything are fun and getting the variety is cool, but at some point I'll have smoked a sample of everything. There are some I have identified as one or two bean runs until the pack is gone becaues the first plant was something special. But a lot are now pheno hunts to see if there's anything super special. Probably flawed logic on a few, and I may have gotten the only good plant in the pack first. But I doubt it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After the duds on the chems I have all 5 remaining beans out to get to room temp. I think I'll sand them a little, scarify - rattle them in a sandpaper lined doob-tube actually. Just enough so a tiny bit of sawdust taps out with the seeds. I was hoping to find a mom, now I'm just hoping one pops.

Not dropping them in a hurry but in the next week. This will be to tide me over before my next big drop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had an idea. I was putting some Recharge in my wish list (shopping list) and looking at all the crap that "you might also like" I saw that the grow dots were cheap. I got a small pack and I think that will be the ticket for autos. For now I am using up my fox farms 'organic-ish' top dressings on anything that stays in a smaller pot but I think the auto's not thriving in the living soil might be because they want more, faster.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I hate shopping. I do a few bong rips before I head out and eat a decarbed nug so it'll kick in when I'm around dumb-asses. I got home and then rolled a fatty so I'm pretty lit.

I hear this tapping on the wall outside the house, my cat starts going ape-shit in the window sill, and it's all at once so my relaxation evaporates rapidly. No clue what the fuck it is then I see a bird flapping around and flying into the house. I figute it's hurt or caught in a big-ass spider web or something.

Soooooo when wasps are left alone they make nests and the babies hatch. When they hatch I guess they can't fly too well. On the trim where two walls meet in an L there's a nice empty wasp nest and a strip of wasps about 4-wide and 20 deep. Like a little traffic jam, just hanging out in the sun. And there are two house wren's flying in and plucking them off :ROFLMAO:

I was worried about not knocking nests down this year, wondering if I'd be over-run. Nature even's shit out. And I have found very few caterpillars or hornworms on my tomatoes - two so far that were covered in cocoons. I have seen probably twenty different kinds of wasps and bees this year. Only thing that stung me was a fucking yellow-jacket. Those can die in the fires of hell and have no purpose whatsoever other than maybe pollenating. And I have other stuff that can do that so fuck them.

And mosquitos! Fuck them too!

What the fuck was I talking about? :ROFLMAO:

The Cream from Irie Genetics has a pheno that is outstanding and I am almost out of it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have about 15 minutes until the lights come on and I have let everything go an extra day - so I know there's watering to do.
I need to look at everything close for doneness, nuts or nanners.
The 20 in the closet will probably separate at 4 weeks. The 9 testers are flipping unless they are stupid small. In the next week in their new pot I think it'll be fine. Anything pot-size also flips, and the fem will get up potted and moved out of the way.
I am using the new moon to my advantage and dropping all the chems - 5 beans - and I'll be dropping another CLHP at the same time to round out the 6-pack. I have room in the 3x3 and most of the oddball stuff in there can get moved to a window sill if needed. And I have the mini tent.
10 minutes...
I need to get a CLHP bean out of the fridge.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Irie -
IMG_2320.JPG
Tall tent, mostly close ones. 26th is 9 weeks for that flip. The G13Genius and one of the Bad Attitude look to finish sooner than the others. The G13 is a tight little plant. dense and frosty and no second round of pistils to speak of.
IMG_2321.JPG
The shorter BA was the one that nutted. Milky, some ambers on leaves, etc. Probably 9 weeks.
IMG_2324.JPG
The taller one is nowhere near
IMG_2325.JPG
The later drop which is most of these hit 8 weeks 10/2
IMG_2322.JPG
Solo-cup auto.IMG_2323.JPG

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
After the duds on the chems I have all 5 remaining beans out to get to room temp. I think I'll sand them a little, scarify - rattle them in a sandpaper lined doob-tube actually. Just enough so a tiny bit of sawdust taps out with the seeds. I was hoping to find a mom, now I'm just hoping one pops.

Not dropping them in a hurry but in the next week. This will be to tide me over before my next big drop.
I scarify all seeds before they hit the towels.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stoner stuff. On a podcast last night there was a part where they talked about smoking mullein or using it to mix with weed and other herbs for medicinal purposes, or as a blunt wrap. :unsure:

What is crazy is that among the random shit I saved seeds from and was doing a germ test to see if it was worth keeping was mullein. I was doing it more for emergency TP and the fact that it will shade-kill everything around it. I want to see what a small patch of it looks like.

This morning I need to sift the other bin of castings, package and freeze meat I bought yesterday - random necessary stuff that's got an expiration date. So I got out the Albany Piff from @High kev and ground a little of both flavors. The glue version lost a little smell, until I bust it up then it was right back to the old-school Testors model glue where the aluminum tube would always get a hole in it before it was gone from rolling it up.

Like toothpaste tubes back in the day - 'member?

So I needed to do stuff and smoked an energetic weed. Walking around out back smoking it and I harvested some mullein leaves to try and all the seeds that were ready. Haven't messed with anything I was supposed to do yet... and now I have another item on the list.

If you smoke the Piff and have things that need to get done, get post-its and make lists :ROFLMAO:

So far everything I have collected germed fine so if anyone is interested in mullein or marigold (so far) let me know. Now I need to look up how to clean and process the leaves so they're safe...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I use to buy mullein from https://prairieedge.com They have lots of medicinal roots and herbs.
Well, I brushed the leaves while dry to get any sediment off then washed them in h2o2 like for weed, but a little stronger. I put them on a rack to dry out and then I'll see what I have. It's wild and does about the same in different parts of the property. I have places where there's maybe 5 in a 25 sqft area, but there are never two together. It'll punch through nasty rocky soil or whatever and they all seem the same.

Cleaning the leaves the difference I noticed was between the 1st year plants and the flowering plants. The flowering ones are really light on the fur and feel thinner. Depending on what you are looking for to smoke I don't know which is better, or they might have different uses. The thin ones seem blunt-wrappy (I just made that up) but the furry ones have less green leaf material by weight. If those fur trichomes are the meicine they might be the ones for teas and tinctures and whatnot. Brobably the best for just smoking as well.

I also have the comfrey I planted and a ferment of that going for the plants. Haven't been thinking about stuff for me.

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Well, I brushed the leaves while dry to get any sediment off then washed them in h2o2 like for weed, but a little stronger. I put them on a rack to dry out and then I'll see what I have. It's wild and does about the same in different parts of the property. I have places where there's maybe 5 in a 25 sqft area, but there are never two together. It'll punch through nasty rocky soil or whatever and they all seem the same.

Cleaning the leaves the difference I noticed was between the 1st year plants and the flowering plants. The flowering ones are really light on the fur and feel thinner. Depending on what you are looking for to smoke I don't know which is better, or they might have different uses. The thin ones seem blunt-wrappy (I just made that up) but the furry ones have less green leaf material by weight. If those fur trichomes are the meicine they might be the ones for teas and tinctures and whatnot. Brobably the best for just smoking as well.

I also have the comfrey I planted and a ferment of that going for the plants. Haven't been thinking about stuff for me.
I made tea. I believe they sell a mix of flowers and leaves. If you check the site you may find other things you want to grow next year.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Final review on the Glue version of Albany Piff - long cure? not needed. same high, same terps, more terps when fresh. It'll probably age real well though. The High is all over the place - I mean me - I am all over the place. I am getting stuff done I have been putting off. Crazy that weed can do that.
IMG_2340.JPG
The glue one is the greener frostier one on the left. The church smelling one had a different buzz last time, I'll try and quantitfy that tomorrow LOL.

If you are gifted a pack grow it, if they are for sale,
dollar.gif

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
indoor food b
I made tea. I believe they sell a mix of flowers and leaves. If you check the site you may find other things you want to grow next year.
I already have a truckload of seeds from that Baker Creek farm. I have lots of stuff going that I just thought looked cool or has medicinal or indoor food-plant possibilities. Outside is about to fire up again with fall crops. I need to re-work a lot of soil to do it right so I have been putting it off. I am already seeing tomato and pepper plants that thrive here and some that suck. Also some that I shouldn't bother planting until late July and in the shade. They don't like the hotter dryer soil.

I would like to eventually just plant stuff that thrives here and live off it. This year I couldn't. But I haven't worked at it either.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I already have a truckload of seeds from that Baker Creek farm. I have lots of stuff going that I just thought looked cool or has medicinal or indoor food-plant possibilities. Outside is about to fire up again with fall crops. I need to re-work a lot of soil to do it right so I have been putting it off. I am already seeing tomato and pepper plants that thrive here and some that suck. Also some that I shouldn't bother planting until late July and in the shade. They don't like the hotter dryer soil.

I would like to eventually just plant stuff that thrives here and live off it. This year I couldn't. But I haven't worked at it either.
u are doing great work, you have started me ,down the trail you already blazed.thanks for the time you have taken, to show these things that many people need to know.most are several generations off the farm , (and have never spent time with great grand parents on the farm.)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
u are doing great work, you have started me ,down the trail you already blazed.thanks for the time you have taken, to show these things that many people need to know.most are several generations off the farm , (and have never spent time with great grand parents on the farm.)
Thanks, but I ain't a farmer yet. I think I may have a knack for it or a green thumb or something, but I also love to smoke weed a LOT - so I care. I was raised in New Orleans with a garden beside the house in the flower bed. Never was near a farm or had land to play with like this. I'm learning as I go and taking notes (this) and I don't care if I fuck something up and people see it. Early pages of this I was burning plants left and right. Looking at dumb-ass ways to conserve weed - because that's what true stoners do if they don't have a good stash. Now :unsure:

Here's part of why I have been putting stuff off. I needed freezer space for food. That meant decision time. :ROFLMAO: What's 180-ish grams? Almost half a pound that is getting cooked and washed :cool: I rolled the 1g bag of culls across a 1/2" and 1/4" grid. All the stuff on the frisbie, and about half of the larges are getting decarbed right now.
IMG_2348.JPG
This is from the CLG contest purple plants to date. Some is just the last little bit that didn't age well, some is whole plants that didn't do it for me.
IMG_2350.JPG
I have 3 decarb machines going and the larges are in the big one. 78g of that didn't fit. That's not a scary amount for a bubble run. One ice-maker tub of ice should do it. The other option is dry sift. It's not going back in the freezer so that might be the ticket. I can let it dry out and that's good. The shake from the bowl already got screened and I have a few grams of glands.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Oh - the blueberry terps fiilled the kitchen. Out of the FREEZER! The kief I collect will probably all get decarbed too. Last time I separated the microns and out of 4 different sizes one got melty and gooey. When it cooled I rolled it into a hash ball and tossed it in the fridge. The rest got used for edibles. I like the keif for butter since there's no vegetable matter to strain. Any sediment will settle as is cools and you can slice it off. Toss it in a stew ;)

But the hash part tripped me out. I pulled some out after a few months and it had the consistency of a dense fudge brownie and the terps werre not cooked weed. It was like old hash. Short-cut style.

I've also run some that none melted.

I found a use for that freebie Grove bag I got - now I can fuck with the leftovers later.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess that explains the reason why I grow so many plants. I like being a weed snob. It's part of the fun of this hobby and I always have fire to smoke. I feel like Scarlet O'Hara looking at the burned out 12-Oaks, "As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again!!!" - for weed LOL

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
yesterday i got the backhoe up and runing and fliped the garden mulch pile over agin, knocked down a corkscrew willow that was dieing,raked the top off a couple of old stumps i tha dam hoe keeps losing prime on the pump looks like it's time , to have a reseal job done on that pump.

time and work together when it comes to a peice of land to get stuff growing u need around be it blueberries ,figs,kiwis, peaches,pecans, by the way@H.A.F. how did the fig clone ever turn out did it root?

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Thanks, but I ain't a farmer yet. I think I may have a knack for it or a green thumb or something, but I also love to smoke weed a LOT - so I care. I was raised in New Orleans with a garden beside the house in the flower bed. Never was near a farm or had land to play with like this. I'm learning as I go and taking notes (this) and I don't care if I fuck something up and people see it. Early pages of this I was burning plants left and right. Looking at dumb-ass ways to conserve weed - because that's what true stoners do if they don't have a good stash. Now :unsure:

Here's part of why I have been putting stuff off. I needed freezer space for food. That meant decision time. :ROFLMAO: What's 180-ish grams? Almost half a pound that is getting cooked and washed :cool: I rolled the 1g bag of culls across a 1/2" and 1/4" grid. All the stuff on the frisbie, and about half of the larges are getting decarbed right now.
View attachment 120082
This is from the CLG contest purple plants to date. Some is just the last little bit that didn't age well, some is whole plants that didn't do it for me.
View attachment 120083
I have 3 decarb machines going and the larges are in the big one. 78g of that didn't fit. That's not a scary amount for a bubble run. One ice-maker tub of ice should do it. The other option is dry sift. It's not going back in the freezer so that might be the ticket. I can let it dry out and that's good. The shake from the bowl already got screened and I have a few grams of glands.
Cool ,i screw some stuff up myself, more than you from the looks of it!