The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Maybe 5 days ago I snipped a bunch of sub-standard shorty limbs off several plants. I thought about using them in food so I stuck them in a cup of water by the basil I just topped I grabbed each flower and did a rough strip down the stem so it wasn't crowded in the cup, and I've been changing the water daily as I use it. Just setting by the kitchen window.
IMG_1949.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think running the tents at less than "3-a-light" power it is taking them longer to drink. This is day 2.5 since the last watering since I did the morning thing last time. They dould drink a little but nothing 'needs' anything.

I am taking my time top-dressing, watering and inspecting every plant just because I haven't in a bit.

I mixed up a "little bit of everything" water and everything is going to get about half what they usually get. Every pot gets innoculated/fed and nothing gets soaked. The water has:

MicrobeLift BMC (IPM),
Ion-14L (silica),
WCA (cal),
a pinch of epsom (mag),
Big6 micronutrients with humic,
LAB
aloe FPJ,
peach FFJ
and Q-powder as a surfactant

Any questions feel free. The top dressing is craft blend, insect frass, and some 'shake' (dried trim and dry-sift reduced to oregano consistency).

All of this is either preventative or just adding to the lunchbox for the plants to get when they need.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
All that junk I fed with I only used at about 1/2 strength. Not about innundating the plants with stuff but just making sure there's something available. Also because the soil gets re-used.
These and the Freakshow are all on pistil-watch. Leaf ambers on a few, but I want them to look done. I have noticed that on most of my plants the milky starts to set in pretty uniformly all over. It'll go from shiny crystals to powdered sugar in a few days with not a lot of clears left unless there-s foxtailing - which I have not seen as much of since ditching the kelp and alfalfa as soil additives and just using them in teas in veg so they get used up. I also have both in the veg worm-bin and use those castings when up-potting from solo-cups.
IMG_1959.JPG
Sangria Cookies clone
IMG_1962.JPG
Believe it or not I don't prefer this pheno ecause it's not as frosty ;) The previous ones had frost on the fan leaves top and bottom, and had a much sweeter ferment smell. This one leans diesel/chem. It will fuck you up really nice, but I have several that will do that. I know there's a better one in my remaining seeds. If Hillbilly Bob doesn't start putting out some beans shortly I'll be holding off on dropping until I feel like momming again. The Chemdog, ChemD and this are on the clone list unless I get a stash of beans of either. ChemD not as much so I'm running one next without worrying about cloning. I think I have 5 of each of those, maybe three of the SC.
IMG_1961.JPG
I need to sift worm bins and mix up soil that's been 'cooking' for a week, then I need to drop beans. When the soil is stirred I think I'll get the Savage Mutant into a bigger pot. The little CBG plant is staying small.
IMG_1965.JPG
The Biggest chore yesterday was a good 360 degree top to bottom eyeball on each plant. The ones above are at the 'might throw early balls' stage, and the ones in here are at the 'could throw a nanner or do other wierd shit' stage
IMG_1966.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
1662049889397.png
Bullseye Toothache Plant Seeds - Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co (rareseeds.com)
I only planted one to see what it will do, but when I plant seeds today I am planting some of these and a few other things to keep going in my veg tent after the flowers get flipped. Big list of to-do's and I ain't felt like doing them yet.

Anyway, I ate one of these flowers raw and it numbed the fuck out of my mouth. The taste wasn't that unpleasant but it wasn't great, kind of an electric sour/bitter - then nothing until the feeling comes back.

I pulled a bunch of leaves off the plant to soak in a mini mason jar of vodka. I'm going to keep doing that, straining it and putting the new leaves in the old vodka every week or two and just see what happens. The flowers I have been snipping off and drying to play with this winter. Some kept whole in case they work dry as well as fresh, some crumbled or powdered to see what else it might numb. If it's good as an ointment or salve that would rock.

I am also playing with lemon balm the same way. I have a plant so wen it needs topped again I'll replace the leaves. Supposed to have some really good medicinal properties but what the fuck do I know.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Sitting down to finalize the drop list, and since I have more flower room and the ex-clone veg tent I'm dropping more. Some will be vegged longer for headstash to break up having a monster flip.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Updated my signature block with the latest seeds to get wet. Now I get the soil ready in the cups or else LOL. So I have to sift castings. I have a large propagator that will have the 15 testers, then two smaller ones that each hold 7 regular size solo cups.

Not really a big deal since I already have a tub of "veg" castings, but it's more of a vermi-compost that's not sifted too carefully. It is more along the lines of soil. The aged stuff is probably better anyway so I will use what I need for the cups before messing with the worm bins.

I have some seed starter soil, but I hate using that in large quantities. It doesn't drain so it's easy to overwater. So the cups will be about half full of the vermi-compost then the seed starter on top of that. That will allow any excess moisture around the bean to leech down.

Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Typing out loud...

Waited on dropping any flower/vegetable seeds. I just realized I have 31 beans wet. 29 will be in 1g's vegging at the same time.

There are two fems and two auto-fems, but the auto's are not leaving the solo cup and I rigged up a cup-holder so I can just hang them from a tent pole in the corner of a 12/12 tent. I am going to keep them in the 18/6 tent with the others and start them out gentle then move them to 12/12 later. Stronger light so they shouold be getting their DLI sooner. Also not wanting to have to water twice a day at the end. I think the 12/12 should help with that.

There are six strains that I dropped two each. These are from new packs or ones I just got all males from from the last purchase. 12 plants that I'll be vegging a little longer plus maybe the ChemD depending on how fast it grows. Those can go from ones to short 2g if needed for longer veg in the 3x3 tent longer. Probably up-pot them as I flip the others. Keeping all of them that pop girly when I flip. If I have to mainline to 4-tops to time the flip right that's what'll happen.

The 15 testers get 4 weeks/28 days. They flip on the 29th, but can get a few days either way if needed. Those are the wildcard from germ to sex to how many different pheno's pop up. I'd like to get 2-3 girls out of the 5 Milk & Sugar, then the 10 Reveille should be around 5. I'll keep every grl that's different, but that's one I can cull a female if I get lots that are identical.

27 regs to get sexed, so ~14 girls? Plus the two fems. Roughly 16 girls in 5-7 weeks. I am putting everything in the regular solo-cups so that the closet will be empty before they are ready for 1g's.

4wks - 15 Testers get flipped into the closet / 14 regs and a fem stay in the 3x3, new pots if needed.
- the Lemon Cello is a fem I have a lot of so it flips early too, but this time it can go right into the flower tent to fill an empty spot...
5wks - start culling males. The oldest drop should start harvests by the time I have girls that need 5g pots.
6-7wks - when the closet is empty the 14 regs go to the closet for flip,
- The ChemD I am not cloning, so I can veg it for a while and get a good manifold going and flip when there's room.

I think it will work? Too late now LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Buckle up... What the FUCK was I thinking :ROFLMAO:
IMG_1967.JPG
The Reveille testers had the most prominent tails, but everything sunk after about 16 hours. The big dome is all testers, the little 2-fer are the auto's already in their forever home.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
To be clear, I have tents and space and whatnot, but until I get boys culled that's eventually gonn be a lot of watering ;)

Here's what the stoner was thinking:
I had a planned drop of beans I bought that I wanted to try.
I also had a batch of testers to drop that if anything take priority.
And then it hit me:
both.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've been doing enough with infusions that I went ahead and got a magic butter machine. Since I already have the perfect decarb covered with the Ardent stuff I can extend the life of thoe by not double using them to infuse stuff. And their capacity is shit for that. There was a sale with a lot of extra goodies in a bundle so I bit.

2-5 cups, not a lot of parts to clean, stainless, feels sturdy. Like a big old percolating coffee pot but with a blender attachment.

For a test run I just dumped all the stuff I already half-ass infused with a little extra butter, a little more maple syrup and more bud. I know it is working because it is getting warm, and it's pretty fucking loud when the blender kicks on. Might have to run it in a separate room and shut the door next time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have some closet/tent pics, but the last thing I did was some macro shots of the closet/closest ones so the closet one will be outdated. The two pheno's of SkunkXXX clones. definitely some spread in their ripening time this run. Seed mom's were less than a week apart and looked the same. The clones started showing some diversity. I am heading back in to harvest this one, and see about a late salad or stir fry with all the bokchoy ;)
IMG_2019.JPG
Milk everywhere, some ambers on the calyxes, and a little tip-burn on the bud-petal-leaf things. The little pointy bits. Almost no new pistils except up top. Unlike the tall sister which has at least a week to go based on that new growth being everywhere, not just the tops.
IMG_2022.JPG
It's the front right one that I just 10 minutes ago propped up on a damn shelf after a few minutes of internal debate :rolleyes: 🤷‍♂️. Moved the Freak in here since the SkyCuddler was done
IMG_2003.JPG
And the tents
IMG_2005.JPGIMG_2009.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Beautiful work once again amigo
My only work is messing with the worm bins. Transplanting a bunch of plants is a bitch too. But other than that I'm just taking a leaf heare and there and trying not to overdo it with fermented crap because I have it. Sprout teas, recharge, etc. seems there's always something I want to add.

How 'bout those fat fucking resin heads on that skunk? ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Veg. I have 19 that popped no problem. These 18
IMG_2040.JPG
And one of the two auto's beside the ones I needed to excavate. Lost the ChemD and 4 of 5 Milk and Sugar testers. The Lemonx88 and the SWxP are also goners, but they were one of two. Still hope for a girl. The three Reveille and the God's Paintbrush all had a tail. Some may have been dud tails where they expended all their energy to get to that point and have nothing left. Two of the Rev's hd plenty of tail, they just had no clue what gravity is.
IMG_2042.JPG
I gently pilled two apart that were like this and both had part of the seed-casing on the end of the taproot. I did minimal tweeking and got s so the green was out of the soil and everything else buried - even if it was a hill beside the leaves.
IMG_2044.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
At least the SkyCuddler didn't flower like she vegged
She was done anyway, but she tossed a nanner to remind me... I heard on one of his podcasts that this is more of a breeding strain, hunt for a keeper to use in something else. I didn't get a keeper...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The chunky/tall tent. I have grown LOTS of crosses and this is the first time I have gotten this. I have seen others on here growing stuff with the same plant structure. I wonder if the Bean-pole/Trunk-nug things something bred for or just happenstance. This is three different cultivars
IMG_2046.JPG
The G13Genius and the Savage Headband up front are both younger and definitely not as plump. But that one in the middle has is all.
IMG_2049.JPG
The Puna Lites from Blackbird Preservation is both chunky and branchy, but holds herself up and is putting on serious weight
IMG_2048.JPG
The Sangria Cookies is probably next to go. Just starting to milk up and getting a few leaf ambers.
IMG_2056.JPG
The Freakshow is putting out some new growth and I'm letting it go unless it nanners. The new pistils are neon green and thick and furry
IMG_2052.JPG
And these are starting to settle in and stack now.
IMG_2061.JPG

Attachments