The James Gang

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
One of my storage methods for excess weed that isn't worth my time to hash is to decarb it and wash it. The everclear looks brown/green when infused and I usually have no clue the %. Most of my uses for that involve it evaporating. Then it's hash oil ready for edibles and roughly 70-80% THC
More THC, freezer cold Ethanol/Everclear wash for 15 to 30 seconds, then filter.
For full spectrum, use warm Ethanol/Everclear and let it sit in the warm solution for 20 mins and filter(deep green color)
I'm sure you already know this, but if not, here you go.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
More THC, freezer cold Ethanol/Everclear wash for 15 to 30 seconds, then filter.
For full spectrum, use warm Ethanol/Everclear and let it sit in the warm solution for 20 mins and filter(deep green color)
I'm sure you already know this, but if not, here you go.
The thing to remember is that the full spectrum has all that THC along with the other stuff. I don't think we have enough science yet to make that call. I know the theory is that the quick cold wash will not get as much chlorophyll and stuff from the vegetable matter. But we really don't know where everything hides. The ABCBD-123 that's in the bud-petal stems might be what causes everything else to activate (I made that up but you see where I'm going)

If you are doing isolates and distillates of single cannabinoids to get your THC diamonds or whatever you probably aren't doing it in your kitchen ;)

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Spent a day figuring out where to land my first page and saw this category. I have some fem seeds from a few sources but I am mainly growing testers for @J.James. I also plan to try my first run of seeds in the near future and this site was recommended as a wealth of knowledge in that area. I have 2 small rooms and a mini-tent. The tent stands idle, and I am growing these rooms out before I try playing God with strains.

In this corner, under a HydroGrowLED Penetrator XB200, I have 2 Florida Diesel by J.James and a 3-plant "12/12 from seed" experiment that stemmed from a party-cup competition (ongoing). This is a standard 3x3 closet.
View attachment 28903
And in this corner, under HLG quantum boards , there are 2 The Crown Jewel (Golden Lion genetics) F2's by J.James, one 4th Gear (batch #24) by County Line Genetics, and one Granddaddy Purple by ILGM. This is a 3x4 nook beside the closet that I closed in for a second room.
View attachment 28897
And my most recent harvest (10/26) is still in the early curing stage. Royal Mystery by J.James.
View attachment 28898View attachment 28899View attachment 28900
This was right before bucking and jarring.
View attachment 28901View attachment 28902
The royal mystery looks amazing.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
The thing to remember is that the full spectrum has all that THC along with the other stuff. I don't think we have enough science yet to make that call. I know the theory is that the quick cold wash will not get as much chlorophyll and stuff from the vegetable matter. But we really don't know where everything hides. The ABCBD-123 that's in the bud-petal stems might be what causes everything else to activate (I made that up but you see where I'm going)

If you are doing isolates and distillates of single cannabinoids to get your THC diamonds or whatever you probably aren't doing it in your kitchen ;)
You are definitely correct with your words.
I just ran across this today
I've been preaching this for years now.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I like being a tester, it makes me feel like I'm doing something productive besides being a stoner growing meds.

I got seeds from that Future Cannabis Project, one was a cross by Mr. Trees they have been doing a tester show with. I was e-mailing the dude back to find out how to open the puzzle box of seeds and on a whim added a few pics of the plants I got from his bank so he could forward them to the breeder. If they were interested in anything else about the grow, nugshots, whatever - they'll have my e-mail.

Soooooo - I'm internet famous! I use my really super-real and not even a little bit fake name Rusty Nails :cool: on youtube chats and such. I guess The email got forwarded and my plant made the show. (It was that or Bill Fold. Chris P. Bacon is too obvious, as is Mike Hunt)
p15xkmr.FCP.JPG
And I found out that I am growing a good representation of the plant, it leans towards the Pam Anderson and not the Kandahar. He named it that because it has what looks like sets of boobies all the way up :rolleyes:😁

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
CLHP note - since I now have a ton of beans to run I packed a fat cone instead of a bongrip or three.

I smoked about that much late afternoon then put it out, then after a late dinner I fired it back up. The taste is still amazing - and might be in the morning when I fire up the second 2/3 of the cone...

DAMN!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I let them go three days so I knew everything was cool with a "full dose" of whatever I fed them - Recharge day LOL. I am not on a schedule or anything but I have the stuff so I use the stuff. About every two weeks or so when I don't have a sprout tea or some fermented goodies to give them.
I have a little 1000ml/quart-ish watering pitcher with a long spout of 1/4" stainless tubing.

I have the plants on those rolling caddies with catch trays, so watering can be as involved as you want. Sometimes I just reach in and pour and try to get it fairly even around each pot, but if I have pruning or checking to do I just sit my ass on the floot with a plant and water about half then prune/loupe/whatever.

These are mostly on cruise control. One of the Bad Attitude tossed a single cluster of nuts on one side of a node on one of the lowest limbs. No pollen visible and no open flowers so I sprayed it down with water then removed that lower limb and it's partner. They are no rearranged so both BA's are in the front for easy checking. That was three days ago and nothing on either since. I am leaning towards the fact that I don't blast the lights, and that might be causing some of the lower stuff to pop off if the genetics have that tendency. It's a Sinister Rogue? x GMO cross. No clue about the first but GMO is a cookie descendent. Except for the Freakshow this tent should REEK shortly.
IMG_1918.JPG
Because of the lower limb idea and the fact that these are all approching three weeks from flip and I need to watch close, I removed lots of limbs that weren't reaching the lower canopy. Some I only took oone side because the other was fine. I use d those like the Christmas tree with the bad spot - you know which side faces the wall ;) Probably taking more large shade leaves soon too. I think a pair north/south and a pair east/west is fine, and the larger ones below that can go.
IMG_1919.JPG
These and the Freakshow hit 7 weeks Saturday. The Sky Cuddler is a mystery and the back SkunkXXX should go nine weeks. But the other three are all on schedule to be done by 8 weeks.
IMG_1911.JPG
The Sangria Cookies is starting to bulk up nice. I love her little flower cluster knobs that build up between the bud-petal-leaf-thingy's
IMG_1915.JPG
The fade is going more purple/black than the mom did. I think she was more magenta purple. Probably temps.
IMG_1913.JPG
And her attempt at a late pistil push is kind of cute :ROFLMAO:
IMG_1915 (2).JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Sangria Cookies and the Lemon Tree both had that flower cluster thing with full-coverage trich's top and bottom on everything. Both also had a severe lack of pistils. Couldn't tell at a distance how close they were - ever.

Both are also greasy grinder-jammers that can hang-dry a lot longer than their size would indicate.

Just observations. Pretty sure there's a correlation there. But I'm pretty high too.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I know that they would have probably looked like this with plain water, but the Recharge definitely doesn't hurt. I may go back in and take those few fan leaves while everything's elevated.
IMG_1921.JPG
Same results here and the closet
IMG_1927.JPG
I don't know why this makes me think lizard or dragon scales ;)
IMG_1928.JPG
Looks like it is a shit plant for leaf to calyx ratio until you look under her skirt. It's like an umbrella tree.
IMG_1929.JPG
and a few shots of the Freakshow top
IMG_1925.JPGIMG_1922.JPG
Not very dense on the sugar-leaf trich's, but I'll bet every dam one falls off in the dry-sift. some are really long and hairy. But the resin-heads are uniformly small, which is probably why the buzz is a little off the mark (usually - there's always hope for the next plant)
IMG_1923.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I did some furniture rearranging and emptying the fridge was the best option. I spent a good bit on those bento boxes but I'm pleased. It's smaller than a regular dorm fridge and these stack in nice compared to jars. Some of the smaller ones have a slot that holds a divider in the middle, and the middle size have a sliding divider and both can be removed. Three of the big ones have 5 compartments like the drawing on the lid.

Life is like a box of weed. You never know what you're gonna get, unless you lable the damn lids like they do on chocolate boxes 😁
IMG_1930.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Last night I was trying out some edible goodness. Today we dial the test dose back a bit :cool: I checked the plants at lights on and everything was praying and happy. Day two since last watering so they could get water or not. I split the difference and went to bed. :ROFLMAO:

I figured I would get up early before the lights went off and start my day off in the garden. Everything got about a half a pitcher of water. They seem to drink slower after the recharge, I think the microbes get drunk off the molasses and take the next day off.

I moved the Freakshow and the Headlites to the short girl tent and the G13 Genius and one the regular Savage Headband joined the varsity basketball team. I like how removing those fat fan leaves on the shrubs seems to have helped fill out that lower canopy. Jeff Loenfells can kiss my ass as I prune more fan leaves next time - but I'm still pre-ordering his ne book :)
IMG_1941.JPG
In here the stretch continues and I might move another over before they're set. The mutant Savage Headband has turned into a respectable plant. It may be getting another re-pot before she gets too far along. She has nothing much under the hood though (limbs or flower sites) so probably just into a 3g instead of a full 5g cloth pot.
IMG_1939.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I made a big batch of maple butter. last night I took 5g (a tsp) and buttered a biscuit with it.

dry mouth is usually the first effect I'll notice, then I notice whatever other effects gradually over about a half hour. Usually like the Kool-aid man busting through the wall saying "Ohhhh yeeeeaaaaahhhh!" :ROFLMAO:

It was mild so I made a cup of buddered coffee with another 5g. Cha-ching! I have no clue the actual THC %, not even gonna guess. Unless I get something tested I could be getting fucked up on shitty weed and weak-ass boof-infusions. It's fine with me :p

I find it hard to believe that going from 5 to 7.5g will be the jam, so I am thinking the coffee/warm drink application might be bringing it on stronger or quicker or something.

I don't need to leave the house for a few days and my sleep cycle was already fucked so I am dialing it in. Tonight I just stuck 10g in coffee right off the bat. I have a tsp measure for the 5g, and a half tbsp for 7.5 if needed. It kicked in fairly quick and is lasting. I woke up about 3 in the afternoon for context. Had lunch/dinner/food-whatever about 10pm. Call it second breakfast... Had the coffee with that and it is now 3:30am. Got more furniture rearranged and was getting ready to tqackle the worm bins but I think I can force a short nap and try and get back on a semblance of society's schedule for a minute.

I don't know if the next test should be 7.5g in coffee, or on food. With coffee it wears me out. Must have been some long/flowering stuff that got infudsed this time...

Whatever it ends up being that will be the standard dose as needed. Really liking the longevity compared to some batches.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think that's done. Back to just being an unusually early riser. Got my clone closet watered, nothing much has changed anywhere. Seeing the plants right before lights off I am noticing a few things. No droop, but this Savage Headband front right has sideways leaves instead of drooping them from getting their DLI. It's not the first time I've seen that.
IMG_1943.JPG
Still debating on the other SH mutant (front left). She's gotten real tall, but bio-mass-wise there's not much there to justify a big up-pot.
IMG_1945.JPG