The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I haven't seen anyone else discuss it, but I also haven't seen anyone harvesting this many tiny plants in such a short time. This is how I keep track of everything that is still not cured. That weight stuff is just a computation based on wet weight so I know roughly when stuff is dry. So far the bothered weighing everything withough smoking any the 20% mark is about what the yield is. The 25% mark is usually when it's done hanging, so the stems on my 4-tops weigh roughly 5% of the harvest weight. The auto I just did was 20g dry - and should have been 19.4g - pretty damn close. I probably missed a leaf or two :cool: Main point is that the weight is more for keeping track of drying than anything else.

The tab marked "chop" is either the date I did that, or the date it hits the next week of flower. If a plant has a recommended flower time I'll set that like for the Piffs, but the others I'll just give a close look each week to see how close they are and know what to put on trich-watch. The Bluperskunk and the DeChempose have the "n" on the days 12/12 denoting that I chopped them because of nanners.
1656726482033.png

I have another tab on the spreadsheet with the seedbank listed, and one with results as far as germ rate, m/f, and whether it was normal or had an issue, and whether or not I got to smoke it ;) No notes or smoke reports or anything - that got way too confusing. If I liked it I'll remember. But that's about all the data I have found it useful to keep track of not being a breeder.

The CLHP clones I have going don't hit 8 weeks until 8th but they are already getting milky This is when I get to let one go longer and set me up some ultra headstash. Everything in the SOG is ripening like one plant which is real cool.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have micro tomatoes, medium and large cherries, and macro tomatoes LOL
IMG_1286.JPG
I have rice-hulls wherever plants are, then cardboard on the walking paths. so far it seems to work well. One thing about keeping the plants lollipopped is that I can make use of the space between the plants and it'll get light. I got about 5 free packs of tiny bok choy that is gonna be a cover crop between the plants.
IMG_1282.JPG
You can make out some of the large cherries (golfball size) right above the little sunflower. I still have about 10sqft real bare to set out some peppers and stuff. If stuff doesn't give me much before the first frost it costs me nothing, but I want a jungle.
IMG_1298.JPG
You can see the worm castings washing through onto the concrete. That's small hugelkultur logs at the base then built up from there. Recycled cloth pots to make sure I don't get a pond in the corner. They had the velcro seams for doing re-pots so it worked great. The little gaps between the edge and the fence have a tomato then a random variety of small stuff. Cabbage, herbs, a mini tomato, green cauliflower and swiss chard from DAGGA Gardens, etc. Just whatever I think will fit. Seeds are cheap, thin it later. The ginormous yellow-flower-bush on the right is a tomatillo and so far nothing has made fruit. I don't know if I need another one somewhere, but the bees love it so it's getting the opportunity to pollenate.
IMG_1302.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Quick rundown on what's burping.
Lemon Tree - already covered the buttery caramel goodness.
DeChempose - about three aisles over from the round-up aisle in the garden center and someone opened the door.
MAC1 x Orgy - grape drink mix
Cheesecake Smoothie - I bethcha it's the Bobberberry because it damn sure ain't cheesecake or smoothie :cool: spicy and sweet for now.

Momma Moonshine #4 is the one I killed the clone. Not what I was looking for but it is very nice and I'll enjoy it until it's gone. It just has a great weed smell. I am thinking it is from the landrace Thai influence. No specifics on the landrace claim, just what was passed to me.

The MM #2 and #6 have that funk-berry fermented armpit smell I was looking for. I think that is from the DJ Short Old Time Moonshine that was used. Both sets of flower clones are killing it so I'll get back around to one or both of them.

If anyone runs across a dude by the handle of mysturis420 ask if he has any Momma Moonshine left. I'll split 'em with you LOL

Wendel

Wow

Those tomatoes are seriously impressive. I have grow tomatoes for years and have never had a harvest like that.

Whats your trick for betting the blooms to sprout tomatoes? I always get tons of blooms but few tomatoes. I stay at it though bc there isn't much better that a homegrown tomato

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Wow

Those tomatoes are seriously impressive. I have grow tomatoes for years and have never had a harvest like that.

Whats your trick for betting the blooms to sprout tomatoes? I always get tons of blooms but few tomatoes. I stay at it though bc there isn't much better that a homegrown tomato
Thanks! No idea about the blooms. I have pollenators buzzing around everywhere, and some plants seem to attract them more than others. Cucumber and tomatillo have the same color flower but seem to attract the bees better?

One thing I am doing religiously this year is snipping suckers. Every few days I chop and drop the secondary shoots like I would to force weed tops to get plump. I think it's working. The lollipopping idea I got from Jeremy's ol' lady at buildasoil. Not leaving the leaves on the bottom that are starting to yellow seems to keep the pests down (knock wood) which can't hurt.

It's also all organic this year. I fermented some peaches and blackberries and the garden is getting that back with some LAB and other stuff like the weed plants are. I haven't broken down and used my Craft Blend on them, but I know what to look for in "organic" top dressings at the store now so they get that instead. I have LOTS of worms everywhere.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The other thing I am doing different is my IPM is all natural. Plant Therapy, mustard seed meal and coffee grounds, fermented peppermint juice, stuff like that. I have seen a variety of non-harmful bugs on my plants and this year I don't worry about them. If it's not eating the plant I let it ride. And I think not using the stuff like Seven dust as a preventative is allowing more bugs to pollenate.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Got two tasks taken care of. The SC clones appear to have rooted a little 😁
I didn't keep the cube that wet, but I got some freebies with the DAGGA beans from that BioAg organic bottle company. I figure clones and seedlings is the best place to try that stuff. It's some microbe stuff, humic, fulvic, stuff like that, and one bottle was a silica additive. The seedlings got that at half strength with their first squirt of water yesterday and seem to be fine. For them I also added a bump of that Beauvaria Bassiana stuff to innoculate the roots. They had a weak tea of recharge added while the seeds were soaking, then I used that in a spray bottle to water the seeds in. That is the first IPM they get. When I up-pot they get the Microbe-Lift BMC whih is an anti-mosquito bacteria that works against fungus gnats. if needed. Haven't seen a gnat in the tent in about 6 months.
IMG_1317.JPG
Very vigorous on both cuts, but what is crazy is that both had mushy bottoms. I cut those off before sticking them in cups. But I am confident the genetics will survive. The Sky Struggler Kush from Mean Gene had cuts taken at the same time, and they are still green and healthybut show no signs of rooting yet. Fuck that plant. The MM flower clones are putting out some great re-veg material. All have true leaves already so I'm just waiting on them to get a little more substantial.
IMG_1316.JPG
If clones won't take I can't keep the bitch around anyway so I happily and lovingly up-potted the Sangria Cookies mom and grudgingly up-potted the Sky Cuddler. I'll at least get to smoke the bitch. Maybe... They will jump in the flower tent tonight, and I'll be sorting out getting the closet fired back up but in 18/6, moving the seedlings, and maybe dropping some auto's. I have one flavor from @Bobberr I haven't grown out yet but I also got a freebie pack from DAGGA with the greencauliflower... Might do one of them and compare.
IMG_1319.JPG

Bustenbeans

Smoke pot, eat twat and smile alot
I have micro tomatoes, medium and large cherries, and macro tomatoes LOL
View attachment 116494
I have rice-hulls wherever plants are, then cardboard on the walking paths. so far it seems to work well. One thing about keeping the plants lollipopped is that I can make use of the space between the plants and it'll get light. I got about 5 free packs of tiny bok choy that is gonna be a cover crop between the plants.
View attachment 116493
You can make out some of the large cherries (golfball size) right above the little sunflower. I still have about 10sqft real bare to set out some peppers and stuff. If stuff doesn't give me much before the first frost it costs me nothing, but I want a jungle.
View attachment 116495
You can see the worm castings washing through onto the concrete. That's small hugelkultur logs at the base then built up from there. Recycled cloth pots to make sure I don't get a pond in the corner. They had the velcro seams for doing re-pots so it worked great. The little gaps between the edge and the fence have a tomato then a random variety of small stuff. Cabbage, herbs, a mini tomato, green cauliflower and swiss chard from DAGGA Gardens, etc. Just whatever I think will fit. Seeds are cheap, thin it later. The ginormous yellow-flower-bush on the right is a tomatillo and so far nothing has made fruit. I don't know if I need another one somewhere, but the bees love it so it's getting the opportunity to pollenate.
View attachment 116496
I’m jealous of your veg garden lol mine looks like this..4123ED77-1268-41A1-B61F-37966D923F36.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’m jealous of your veg garden lol mine looks like this..View attachment 116507
Soil looks nice though. Toss down some mulch and/or a cover crop and it helps. I have just gotten some rain the last few days but before that it was a month of hand-watering, and it never needed more than I could spray by hand while burning one in the morning and having a cup. And there have been some blistering days. The only thing I notice is the bell pepper and the cucumber leaves take a wilty defensive posture in the heat, but they perk right back up in the evening without more water.

Bustenbeans

Smoke pot, eat twat and smile alot
I’ll give that a go. What yeah recommend? I honestly don’t really know anything about outdoor growing in general I’m a indoors kinda guy.Iv been slowly getting better year by year though I’m 32 haha. Edit- it’s a very shady garden like 4 hours max direct sunlight per day

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Might be a dumb question but could I get away with using this?View attachment 116508
I would steer clear of landscaping mulch. That has dies in it that I have no clue what they are made of. They do have a 12 month guarantee though LOL

If you are hitting the big box store I'd look for mushroom compost. Just a sack of clover seed would work for a cover crop. Anything will work if you're ready to mow it down regular.

I got a 12-sheet crosscut shredder and my mulch is amazon (et.al) boxes. I strip off any shiny tape and stickers and it's basically worm bedding.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Fuck Archive seedbank. His Crazy Hazy fem just nutted my tent. The nice empty spot under the new fan... :rolleyes:

IMG_1320.JPG
My fault for not watching it close, it's day three since last watering so they have just gotten some cursory glances since. Luckily I peeked in right at lights on and saw the dust. I have a sprayer with RO that I keep handy so before anything else I soaked it. I also sprayed down the Cotton Candy Cookies which was luckily the only other plant it really matters about. The others are very close to done so if they may have some little white baby-beans. I took it outside and chopped it to get a close look and it was all on the uppers. Full-on tranny-fest. Fuck tranny's!

I ran the vacuum and chilled instead of opening the other tent - I'll water later.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thanks for the advice. I will not buy archive seeds.
It was a fem. I like buying fems because I should have X number of girls to grow and no worries about males. 👈LOL

I am glad I am done buying beans. And when I do I'll be sticking to regs. Oddly enough I have grown lots of tester fems - that I didn't buy - that I watch closer because they are testers - and I have had very few issues.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just had to rearrange plan B and go over it to make sure I fuck up as little as possible.

To Do:

✅ Fire up closet as planned but don't worry about cleaning yet.
✅ Make coffee and smoke lots of weed and relax. I ground up some year-old Homecoming Queen and packed a fatty cone to puff while in the grow.
  • Spray down the pots in the pollen tent before moving.
  • Move plants to new trays and plant caddy's and shift to closet
  • Re-spray the walls of the tent but with StarSan. Hit the ceiling and fans and plant caddy's too. Let it dry.
  • Water the other plants so they don't hate me
  • Change the pre-filter on the exhaust
  • Move the plants from the closet back to the tent and snag the two from the clone tent.
That's probably it for tonight but the rest is
  • Clean the closet and make sure it's 18/6
  • Move the seedlings
  • drop auto's
The plants in the other tent are the Piffs, the Grandpa's stash clone, the BHP and the Chemdog. None should have been polluted. I have a beautiful clone going of the Cotton Candy Cookies that no has a little more room because I composted the fucking Crazy Hazy clone. For it being a shit situation I got lucky.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Still thinking it over. I am taking it serious to see if it ends up having been controlled. I also 'burned' the clothes to the washing machine and showered.

On all 5 plants in the tent I'm just making a note on the plant tag "x crazy hazy". Those tags will stay with it until it's in the jar so I'll remember to bust a few open and check instead of being careful.

I'll put a similar note on the plants in the other tent, but annotated to show it's the other tent.

Odd karma thing. I have a side panel on the tents that I can check without opening the door. It is only accessible on this tent. it gives a good top-down peek and is located near the fan and the plant I needed to see. For some reason I decided to peek in instead of opening the tent when it was time to water. I would not have noticed it until I had made a mess of the entire room.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got to the point on the list where I sprayed everything with StarSan and stopped for a bit. That tent is now sanitized and the rest can wait. Let the fans run on high for a bit then go in and wipe down any excess.

I should probably wait a few days after potting the clones to flip them anyway.

Flipped the closet to 12/12 and the 5 plants can stay there indefinitely. One less concern.

Last edited: