The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Did some calendar math to check what I was harvesting and putting it in the spreadsheet. The two CLHP, SOG and 2g, both are done a day shy of 8 weeks. The seed was done at 8 weeks and the first clone at 7 weeks and 3 days. Pretty consistent.

The interesting one is the Grandpa's Stash clone. The seed went 8 weeks and 2 days and was immediately top shelf. The clone went 9 weeks and 4 days. Should be outstanding!. Not bothering with pics because they seem to always suck. I'll get a group shot or something.

Tents are down to 4 plants each.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I can report that the first of the two Momma Moonshine I kept is stellar. It has the buzz I wanted even if the smell isn't quite there. I'm probably being picky about the first one as well. It has more funk now and no berry, almost a pickled smell coming in.

Anyway, it's great trimming weed ;)

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
@H.A.F.
Sorry for my absence. Dealing with inherited health issues and hope to be back up and running soon. Everything is looking good as always. You have really come a long way over the last few years and it really shows in your final product and yield. I'm honored you continue to run my gear. Thank you.

I should have new strains uploaded to the website by the end of the month if everything goes as planned

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@H.A.F.
Sorry for my absence. Dealing with inherited health issues and hope to be back up and running soon. Everything is looking good as always. You have really come a long way over the last few years and it really shows in your final product and yield. I'm honored you continue to run my gear. Thank you
No worries at all and thanks! Shows what a man can do when he literally has no other responsibilities :ROFLMAO: I learned most of this from you and the rest from trial and error - maybe a few podcasts for refinement. And I don't need to be taught repeatedly. Point me in the right direction then I'll go'til I hit a wall. Then back up a little and go around LOL

Hope you're back up to snuff or close. For what it's worth if your gear sucked I wouldn't continue to run it - even for free :cool:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@J.James - I'm actually taking a break from the CLG gear to do some groups of similar plants. I have so much crap I have bought and I want to try everything. I have the bulk CLHP to tide me over now, and still have some year old Homecoming Queen and SSHP x Baguettes.

I need to run Dominion stuff, Ethos regs and fems, several Stardawg crosses, a bunch of lemon lime stuff from assorted breeders, but then if the testers haven't rolled out yet I need to dive back into the fire. Dank Sinatra, 4th Gear, Homecoming Queen, all the Hippie Crippler crosses, The Crown Jewel, VSL, and a few others.

Plus the family strains you sent - in fact those might drop sooner. I already got a girl of the 88 Minesota Muffin, but I also have the 84 Pepe Le Pew and the 92 Grape Musk. I have had them for a few years it seems, how old were they when you sent them? I assume it's not original beans from '84?

But my seedlings hit two weeks on the 9th and are still babies so I have tome to play the "what to drop next" game for a bit :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Forgot to add - I have some cool gear like Trufflez from Aficianado still in the stable but I got males first try right after I bought them. But since I gave it a shot I know they are new beans. No hurry to run them even though they are burning a hole in my pocket. I have stuff I got in an auction 3 years ago that was already in various donors shoebox for God knows how long before they got donated.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Speaking of mowing - guess what happens when you find a yellow-jacket nest with a mower... I only got stung twice but they're like fire. Popped a few benadryll for good measure and that brought on nap time early. Been up since about 3 and I have already jarred two plants this morning.
I got a pre-bucking pick of the Momma Moonshine #2. This and the second DeChempose are both hairy but there's a layer of frost under it. Got just over 2 zips of keeper stuff. Everything below the tops on those skinny stems is cetting smoked or decarbed today.

I found a neat trick for watering a bunch of seedlings. They needed their first soaking so I got out the kitchen scale. I watered the first cup then let it drain as much as it wanted, then weighed it. After that each cup got tossed on the scale, water added until it got to that same weight.

Yellow jackets are nasty things I opened the pump house door to turn irrigation pump on the door was swinging shut I had my hands full what I thought was insulation brushing my face was actually the yellow jacket nest and boy were they pissed about my uninvited kiss I looked like a chipmunk for hours!

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
how old were they when you sent them? I assume it's not original beans from '84?
They are all under the 8-year mark from looking at my notes, so you have a few years left to run them before germination rates start to drop.

Many breeders will force the seeds out of the buds at harvest, but that outer shell thickens as the plant reaches the end of its life and starts to die off. We have all had seeds where the little stripy shell seems to flake off or it is just a gray seed with no outer shell. This is a good indication that the seeds were taken too early. The shelf life of these early harvest seeds is only a few years. In comparison, you can get 12 years of storage life when you have a thick shell.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I may be getting the hang of this. I just noticed the clone tent has been whittled down to three strains. I have the two SkunkXXX, two Momma Moonshine, and the Sangria Cookies. Considering I am planning on just doing CLHP beans from now on I am happy with that as a 'keeper' selection.

Considering all the plants I just chopped and the ones I am smoking on that's being pretty selective. And I went into it knowing I wanted to keep a Momma and a Sangria Cookies. I was afraid I would go overboard like everything else but I just don't enjoy taking cuts. I think the mental aspect of taking flower clones is easier since I have tossed many a fantastic cutting while pruning away stuff in about week 2-3 of flower. There's always a little guilt. Less so since at least the worms get it now.

Fems I'm not cloning unless it's the dregs of the pack. And I can always snag a clone i flower if it's special. And with the regs just cloning girls after the flip saves a lot of hassle. And like with the Momma clones it can take as long as it likes as long as it survives.

I thought of all this jarring the Sangria Cookies. Jury is still out on the terps because it seems more gassy than sweet and sour for now. The glove hash is buttery caramel full-melt, bubbly goodness! I think a lot of glove hash tastes pretty much the same. That fresh gas taste. When a plant has actual flavor here I can't wait for the smoke 😋

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Looking at my seedlings, the Skunkwater x Pandemic from Family Tree, the Blacklight from Brandon Rust, and the LGSS x Wilson all have a look about them. The rest could all be clones at this point.
IMG_1402.JPG
The Freak got flipped because even though it is wierd and fun to grow, it has the plant appeal of a lego. It's a shoebox. So it's flipped and I'll see if it's a girl.
IMG_1394.JPG
The Banana Hashplant is getting close but still putting out pistils. Saturday is ten weeks.
IMG_1397.JPG
The Albany PIff fro @High kev are not art all what I expected. I was thinking lanky, wispy thin-leaf stuff - NOT! 😁
These are getting chunky and the whole tent is getting that church smell. Crazy.
IMG_1398.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My understanding is it comes down to energy. Ripening the fruit takes a ton of energy from the plant.. fertilizers only work to produce new growth.sounds like your doing the right thing by removing the suckers.
One thing I am trying on those golfball size cherries is removing lower tomatoes and the fruit limb where I already picked most of them but there are a few hanging on still green or barely turning. I set them in the window and if they get ripe they're for me - if they don't they're for the worms :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
How did the flower smoke after curing?
That is on my list to grow again. It is actually at the beginning of this journal. I remember that it stretched a lot, that it was partly my fault, and that it was frosty as hell regardless of how I tried to kill it. It is on the long list of stuff I grew starting out that I want to hunt through again now that I grow better.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm taking the KNF stuff outdoors. Kind of backwards from usual I guess. I mixed up an IPM sprayer with fermented peppermint and sprayed everything, then I mixed up water with some LAB and some fermented peach and berry juice. Added a little fish-hydro for good measure.

That is on my list to grow again. It is actually at the beginning of this journal. I remember that it stretched a lot, that it was partly my fault, and that it was frosty as hell regardless of how I tried to kill it. It is on the long list of stuff I grew starting out that I want to hunt through again now that I grow better.
I just did a search and that post was one that came up. Got a couple going now and was curious how they turned out.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just did a search and that post was one that came up. Got a couple going now and was curious how they turned out.
I just clicked on page three and they are there. I don't remember how the smoke was other than good, and it dumped kief. But how I grew it was a poor representation of how good it can be. It got too tall because I let them veg too long.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Random note on the drying and curing. My wardrobe seems to be dialed in for a 7-day dry for most plants with the thick ones taking about 10. I find that burping is not really as imperative since they have already started curing on the vine. I have the wine fridge for weed storage set at 60F. Not refridgerated but super chill.

For simplicity I keep the burping weed on the counter for ease of access, but after 7 days (max) of burping it goes in the fridge. I'll make a point of yanking the new stack out every few days just to smell them, but not really burping other than that.

So far, so good.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
I'm taking the KNF stuff outdoors. Kind of backwards from usual I guess. I mixed up an IPM sprayer with fermented peppermint and sprayed everything, then I mixed up water with some LAB and some fermented peach and berry juice. Added a little fish-hydro for good measure.
I have a fresh batch of OHN going if you want me to send you a bottle of the finished/mixed product when it is done.
or
I bought the dry herbs in bulk and could send you enough to do your own batches. (5 extractions in mason jars takes 4+ handles of vodka)