The James Gang

Wendel

Got the first DeChempose by Covert Genetics jarred. 9 days on the dry and I ended up with about a zip and a half. This had triploid stuff everywhere too. Pretty good ratio of bud to larf. The larf is what I hit this morning and it's nice. I took no clones but I think this may go into my "chem rotation" of beans. Since I know I like the chem I have a variety of packs with some form of it and I plan to keep the chem jars full.

It's real hairy but didn't burn harsh. You can see the sugar coating just under them but it gives the impression of mids. To be clear, this harvested because of late nanners but I was already checking trichs. The second one I just chopped was done - and I found one nanner poking out while I was defoliating it. So it can't go too long, but the nanner was saying it's done.
View attachment 116374
That is quite impressive
beautiful flowers bud!
someone buy this man a comb😅

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
I went in both tents in the dark to make sure and there's nothing to even give a light leak unless it's a light with an LED diode that doesn't shut off. Might be something to me keeping everything healthy to the point that it can late nanner if it is so inclined? It has been very strain oriented towards the stinky stuff. And I have been growing a lot of that.

Maybe there is just something to specific lines being prone to it? So far the only thing I have had to take down and trash was a Space Queen from Dominion that had nanners pop out of every flower about week 5. Definitely a genetic thing there. The rest have been on trich-watch and are/were smoked with good results. The nanner was just the deciding factor instead of the percentage of ambers I was seeing. But they all had ambers.
Thanks for the update on the DeChempose. I am sure you will find the perfect Chem strain. Keep up the awesome show!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I went in both tents in the dark to make sure and there's nothing to even give a light leak unless it's a light with an LED diode that doesn't shut off. Might be something to me keeping everything healthy to the point that it can late nanner if it is so inclined? It has been very strain oriented towards the stinky stuff. And I have been growing a lot of that.

Maybe there is just something to specific lines being prone to it? So far the only thing I have had to take down and trash was a Space Queen from Dominion that had nanners pop out of every flower about week 5. Definitely a genetic thing there. The rest have been on trich-watch and are/were smoked with good results. The nanner was just the deciding factor instead of the percentage of ambers I was seeing. But they all had ambers.
At least it was close, to the finish you wanted.This is the most informitive forum i've ever been to , I am real happy to be here.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
At least it was close, to the finish you wanted.This is the most informitive forum i've ever been to , I am real happy to be here.
FWIW after my career I got a BS degree in elementary education just because it was free. I actually made money off the deal. But I have been teaching stuff all my grown life. I just find it easy to talk through or describe what I am doing in the simplest terms. I also have that DGAF attitude that allows me to not care if I fuck things up and people know.

I dropped a Sky Cuddler Kush from Freeborn on New Years. It never made it out of veg with the rest of it's drop because it always looked sickly. I just dumped the second attempt at clones so I can eventually flip the damn thing and see if it was worth the fucking effort. I have two clones going now that had woodier stems and they seem likely to root. Or not... 7 fucking months on one plant? I think I could flip the mom now finally but I have to make sure a clone takes or it was all a waste. Might be anyway but now it's just a challenge ;)

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
After almost a 1/2 a century of growing cannabis, I can say Mammoth P does work.
Recharge got in some hot water a couple years for not having the ingredients or the right amount of ingredients they claimed were in it.
I'm sure they didn't make that mistake again. lol

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After almost a 1/2 a century of growing cannabis, I can say Mammoth P does work.
Recharge got in some hot water a couple years for not having the ingredients or the right amount of ingredients they claimed were in it.
That was pretty much debunked I think. And if there is something that makes that much of a visible difference in the plants I'm not sure I want it. I want to smoke the County Line Hashplant, not the Mammoth P-plant

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
That was pretty much debunked I think. And if there is something that makes that much of a visible difference in the plants I'm not sure I want it. I want to smoke the County Line Hashplant, not the Mammoth P-plant
I can't imagine what used to be in the pressed weed we smoked in the 70's and 80's.
Anyways, I was just complimenting you on your results you're having with your "living soil" grows.
They look good whatever organisms you're using. lol

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I can't imagine what used to be in the pressed weed we smoked in the 70's and 80's.
Anyways, I was just complimenting you on your results you're having with your "living soil" grows.
They look good whatever organisms you're using. lol
I found a rock once. Not a big one, and thankfully it was before scales mattered. At least for brick weed. The green bud was always weighed ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The skunks are almost cured and the second test sealed the deal. Both are keepers. Since I don't have a space problem they both got 3g and can hang out for a while. The SCK and Sangria Cookies got those 1g's
IMG_1236.JPG
The difference between plants is more than the difference between smoke though. Which means I need to run some clones to see what changes ;)
IMG_1237.JPG
The Momma flower-clones are taking off.
IMG_1239.JPG
And the Freakshow got bigger shoes too. If you look at the size of the suckers I can top it and have a while before I need to worry about another pot.
IMG_1240.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not bad, only three duds for now, but on day 3-4 I excavate. The 4th Bad Attitude has little hope. Two had bad helmet heads that required attention but I was expecting that from old, less vigorous seeds. The Puna Pights and the Skunkwater x Pandemic F2 both had nubs and may progress. I re-burried them a little and soaked that area.
IMG_1256.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I didn't even weigh it. The MAC1 x Orgi is/was/should have been a hashplant. I just spent a half hour plucking leaves from a plant that was less than an ounce whole. I think the weight of the leaves is equal to or greater than the bud. It has a nice smell, the glove hash was awesome, but I am going to spend a month burping between a quarter and a half...

It's a fem, so I'll run the other two beans like the Freakshow at some point. No timeline and flip it whenever it's big enough. But for any other purpose it's not there for me. I'm killing the flower clone because I don't want to waste twice as much time on that.

Don't get me wrong - I think it'll be real good smoke. That said it was not worth a 5g of floorspace and three months. I should get some nice dry sifr from the leaves.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What’s she smell like?
I took it down tonight and it doesn't have that sour fermented berry smell - for now. It has fuel! More of a terpentine actually compared to what I expected. I'm thinking that will likely gas off during the dry so we'll see what's left after.

It's not very frosty on the fan leaves like the first ones. It's ALL on the flowers. And it looks like it would wash well. It's got real uniform resin glands and they are on skinny stalks.

My record stands at really sucking at taking pics outside the tent. I got her hanging and it's 270g wet so the one 4-top, 28-day veg is gonne give me around two zips. AND I HAVE A CLONE!!! ;) As soon as I have an indication that one of it's two clone have rooted I'm up-potting that and flipping.

Opie1

Master Grower
I took it down tonight and it doesn't have that sour fermented berry smell - for now. It has fuel! More of a terpentine actually compared to what I expected. I'm thinking that will likely gas off during the dry so we'll see what's left after.

It's not very frosty on the fan leaves like the first ones. It's ALL on the flowers. And it looks like it would wash well. It's got real uniform resin glands and they are on skinny stalks.

My record stands at really sucking at taking pics outside the tent. I got her hanging and it's 270g wet so the one 4-top, 28-day veg is gonne give me around two zips. AND I HAVE A CLONE!!! ;) As soon as I have an indication that one of it's two clone have rooted I'm up-potting that and flipping.
Awesome! I like the bud formation of it, I would keep it around too

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Pre-edit - long winded. it's about mixing up soil LOL (This is from the SkunkXXX effects)
IMG_1261.JPG
Today is dirt day. Gotta make it back into soil. Letting the soil rest for as long as possible (keeping it moist) seems to be the ticket for running the small living soil pots. The four with the trays under them and cover crops still alive are the most recent chops and don't get dumped yet. They have the main root cut out of the center then a layer of bokashi and the little plant-saucer lid. That's for keeping moisture in and a quick check to see if they need water. Wet with worms on it is good, dry is bad.

I'll tip the loose rice hulls off the top into a separate tub to cover the 65g pot after everything is mixed. I run it all through a 1/2" bucket grid to get any root clumps that haven't decomposed yet. Those are basically like green vegetable matter in the pot and they might create hot spots as they rot. They go in the worm bin bedding.

I'll add Craft Blend to the soil at about a cup per pot that I dumped. I'll give it a good dusting with insect frass, then add the veg-worm-bin vermicompost. I worked both bins the other day and in my vernacular the difference between vermicompost and castings is the seive size. I have sifters that fit on a 5g bucket in various seive grades. The three I use most are the 1/2" for sifting used soil, the 1/4" for sifting the worm bin for vermicompost, and the 1/8" to get mostly castings.

When I started the living soil last summer I had 70g (their computation of volume) from the "Artizan Blend" take-n-bake kit. I figure these at about 4g per pot since they are nevver topped off. That's about 50g of soil on the racks, I still have 12 pots in use in flower (another ~36g), Probalby another 10g in the clone tent, but I have used it for up-potting tomatoes and peppers that I started inside. That was just little 4" pots but there were a lot. I would guess that in a year it has probably grown by 30g-40g minimum from the top-dressings and re-mixing the soil.

Anyway, the reason it is now time is that I haven't dropped beans in a while. I also have a tote of ready soil to get them to the small pots for sexing, but when the girls need big pots the soil will have had time to digest itself or whatever and work off any heat. The Puna Lites that is still damp on top is the one I had to excavate and re-soak. I think the other two are toast.
IMG_1265.JPG