The James Gang

Random stuff - I am now holding ChemD, Chem91, GSC Forum Cut, FloRida TK, etc. That's just off the top of my head, but many known fire strains that were grown pretty well.

I mention this because the County Line Hash Plant may be one of my "desert island" strains. No matter what stage of high or lack thereof I am at, a bowl full of CLHP high's me. Kentucky Fried Hashplant!
Your gardens are crushing H.A.F. and I got to get me sum of that Kentucky Fried Hashplant, that and a Kentucky Fried Hooker would be good.
KFH.jpg

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Do you use the same amount of water when you hit them down low?
Not quite sure what you're asking, but I don't 'sub-irrigate' if that's what you mean. I water from the top all the time.

I have been giving the bigger plants no more than 1000ml (one little quart watering pitcher) every two days. A few times I skip a day. I am actually back to the "poke a finger in the soil" gang instead of lifting pots since I'm not lookig for the dry cycle. Sometimes I water less, usually after I give them a tea they take longer to drink it.

For the babies I have been mainly spraying plain RO from a pump sprayer just to keep the top inch or so moist. I put a lot of faith in the worm castings and the other top-dress stuff early on, and watering the entire surface just a little more often should disperse that stuff into the soil.

If that doesn't touch what you were asking, reload and give it another shot :ROFLMAO:

led1k

Really Active Member
Not quite sure what you're asking, but I don't 'sub-irrigate' if that's what you mean. I water from the top all the time.

I have been giving the bigger plants no more than 1000ml (one little quart watering pitcher) every two days. A few times I skip a day. I am actually back to the "poke a finger in the soil" gang instead of lifting pots since I'm not lookig for the dry cycle. Sometimes I water less, usually after I give them a tea they take longer to drink it.

For the babies I have been mainly spraying plain RO from a pump sprayer just to keep the top inch or so moist. I put a lot of faith in the worm castings and the other top-dress stuff early on, and watering the entire surface just a little more often should disperse that stuff into the soil.

If that doesn't touch what you were asking, reload and give it another shot :ROFLMAO:
Plain RO? Doesn't that mess with your PH balance? Super weak feed PH'd to your target? Or it may be I just need to catch a clue.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Plain RO? Doesn't that mess with your PH balance? Super weak feed PH'd to your target? Or it may be I just need to catch a clue.
👆what he said. 😁

Short version is that any processed chemical added ain't organic. My worms do most of the work and I keep them fed with stuff that is full of those minerals like cal mag and stuff. There is more 'off-site' work doing sprouts for teas, composting the good stuff in worm bins etc. but once it's rolling it's a snap. No pH-ing, no bottles of chemicals where they paid for an OMRI listing. I add avocado and banana for the worms in the pots to eat right around flip so they can start processing the PK boost for late flower. Stuff like that. More planning than hard work.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
As a side note, even if you are in regular soil I think fresh worm castings should be on every plants diet.

Even if you gradually kill off the baby worms with salts they will work some, and there are other beneficial bugs in there - I have no more gnats. At first I had the crawly-skin urge to wash every bud to clean off the good bugs. This is the second round of plants with the same soil and I am seeing nothing on the plants good or bad, but if I turn a little soil there's always stuff going on.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
As a side note, even if you are in regular soil I think fresh worm castings should be on every plants diet.

Even if you gradually kill off the baby worms with salts they will work some, and there are other beneficial bugs in there - I have no more gnats. At first I had the crawly-skin urge to wash every bud to clean off the good bugs. This is the second round of plants with the same soil and I am seeing nothing on the plants good or bad, but if I turn a little soil there's always stuff going on.
Are you saying there are worm eggs in Earthworm Castings? Like the stuff you find on the shelf at the store?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Are you saying there are worm eggs in Earthworm Castings? Like the stuff you find on the shelf at the store?
No - I think that stuff is mostly pasteurized or cooked in some way where the bugs are gone (good and bad) but the nutes they digested are still there. Either stuff from a home worm bin or a trusted source - but I only trust me. I have an outdoor compost pile and bring worms in sometimes, but the worms in the indoor bin are fed like kings. I recycle every piece of the plant I don't smoke or eat back into the soil, from bubble-hash leftovers to stems from cleaning a bud to smoke it all goes back. They also get the primo veggie scraps.

But I was scared to add the first batch of castings to my plants because I could see litlle mites and such in there. I had to take macro pics and bug @J.James to make sure I wasn't infesting my plants with spider mites or something.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Predatory nematodes and mites, rove beetles, lots of non-flying beneficial bugs in the fresh stuff. If there's a dead worm that's visible you can see little carnivores devouring it. And the worms do lay eggs and the sifted castings are where they end up. They die if they dry out I think but my castings tub has eyelash-size worms all in it.

Last edited:

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
I just had a stoner epiphany (re-epiphany?) about why I planted the bagseeds. Last run all the dirt was dumped from assorted size pots, major root masses removed and then put back in 5g pots. This is my first plants just cutting out the stem and putting a new plant in the hole. I have a few weeks to see if there's any issues before I need to up-pot the next batch. I can always dump and sift at the last minute if needed.
View attachment 100873
The Querkle and Cement Shoes may hang out in the closet when I flip the tent. That'll be 6 to flip, 5 regs. But they are all respondig well to the last feeding so they may all flip.
View attachment 100872
These are showing good tops now, beautiful plants.
View attachment 100871
what size screen do you use in sifter?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
what size screen do you use in sifter?
To make it go quicker I use two. 1/4" at first to get most of the worms and big stuff out, then 1/8" for the castings.
The 1/4" sift is basically worm compost since it still has unprocessed stuff in it.

Evertthing that doesn't go through the sifter goes back in the worm bin so you don't have to be that careful.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
11/3 these get flipped and if any end up runty so be it. I have shelves they can sit on.
IMG_7054.JPG
This is now an old pic. I went back and forth over taking those lower two limbs on the tall BCL. After looking at the pic I went back and snipped them. Nice puffballs so this is the last limb pruning on anything but the Orgi.
IMG_7050.JPG
The shorter of the two still doesn't have good tops. This was about 4 days younger so that might be the difference. It also looks to have some whorled phylotaxy going on. At a minimum it has three sides that the mature single-nodes are rotating through as they stack instead of 4. Got some crinkling and a little variegation on the right one.
IMG_7052.JPG

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
These picts are about a week old but here are the 2 BCL which I really really like the stature of with just the right amount of stretch with the right amount of openness and sturdy stems. The Orgi's are great also a bit shorter and a bit more dense but wider than the BCL.

BCL 1
BCL 1.jpg

BCL2 this one has the most beautiful pink pistols on it
BCL 2.jpg

Orgi 1 if you can find it in the canopy
orgi 1.jpg

Orgi 2
orgi 2.jpg

thanks for the opportunity to grow these out

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
BCL which I really really like the stature of with just the right amount of stretch with the right amount of openness and sturdy stems. The Orgi's are great also a bit shorter and a bit more dense but wider than the BCL.
Exactly what I found. Nice plants! I haven't looked that close to see if mine has colorful pistils -off to the tent to check ;) :ROFLMAO:

These picts are about a week old but here are the 2 BCL which I really really like the stature of with just the right amount of stretch with the right amount of openness and sturdy stems.
Great looking plants lakegrow!
My 2 BCL are completely different from each other. BCL 1 wants to be a bush and BCL 2 wants to be a tree.... Here is hoping those SAF pink pistols make an appearance on both my girls sometime in the near future.

Last edited: